Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 845 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
139. Re: Doom Schloom Aug 4, 2004, 23:24 tron

but now that my 6800GT video card is finally coming (long story)

indulge us...

I'm going to restart the game after I install my new card

i restarted after alpha labs 4, just for the heck of it, and to find more "secrets". it has been well worth it, as i'm having just as much fun, and findings tons more secret areas, which helps keep the game fresh...

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 23:28.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

118. quake 4 Aug 4, 2004, 19:38 tron

am i the only one playing through doom3 and thinking "wow, quake 4 is going to kick ass on this engine!"?

with the announcement of a D3 expansion, HL2, and Q4 all coming there is going to be some great gaming in the near future!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

113. Re: Doom Schloom Aug 4, 2004, 18:49 tron

Hoping I don't ruin tron's experience...

how could you? looks like you got a bad card is all... i have bought 2 cards from EVGA and been happy with both. i did buy a wonky ATI from newegg once, and it took so long for me to figure out that the card was bad (and not something else) it was by then too late to return it (granted, the problems it had were livable - barely).

it does suck that you happened to score a bad card right when you wanted to use it the most... i hope it all works out for ya, and EVGA is kind to you. if anything is wrong with my card, i'll blame it on the fact that the Nvidia pres. signed it...
"damn guy musta been rubbing his bare feet on the carpet and *zapping* the card as he signed it... grumble, grumble..."

anyone else here buy a 6800GT (especialy from evga) and have any problems with it??

here's hoping my card is good, and that nin gets a new one that works perfectly - asap!!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

70. D3 secret areas Aug 4, 2004, 15:19 tron

i have been happy to see that id still has the ability ro include some excellent "secret" (more like "out of the way") areas in their game. i'm wondering what types of "secrets" you all have found so far. i have only discovered the "out of the way" type where you find something off the beaten path that rewards your snooping with extra ammo or health or armor goodies. anyone find other types of secrets, such as "shoot the switch to open the panel/room/area"?

loving the game so far... very happy about the Q2 reference in the intro "movie" (the whole target aquired thingy) and the way the health power-ups sound like they did in Q2.

i just got out of alpha 4, and am so pissed that i couldn't find the locker with the BFG that was mentioned in the audio file, that i have decided to not only replay aplha 4, but i'm just going to start the whole darn game over! hey, why not?? it'll prolong the game life for me, without spoiling the ending!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

67. Re: ram problem Aug 3, 2004, 21:33 tron

What type of motherboard?

it's an Epox EP-4SDA with the SIS 645 chipset...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

65. ram problem Aug 3, 2004, 21:22 tron

a question for anyone who might know...

i had 2 sticks of 256MB pc2700 kingmax ram in my rig - no problems

today i added a stick of 512MB pc2700 kingston ram.

my system says i have only 768MB of ram...

i tried using just the 512 stick, and it registers 512. i tried the 512 + one 256 and got 768... but when i put in all three i get 768... i have tried arranging them in every order imaginable in my dimm banks (of which there are 3), and my mobo says it'll accept up to 3GB of ram.

any ideas??

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

60. Re: CRASH Aug 3, 2004, 20:38 tron

F*CK. I'm crashing in everytime I try to take the elevator. P4 2.8G, 1G RAM, 9800 PRO. Arrrgh!

mine was crashing like mad at first too, then i turned some of the settings down, and not a problem since. it seems the whole "light and shadows" thing really taxes your system, and the game doesn't run as well at high settings as you might at first think. also, be careful of overclocks... this game will push your rig to the limit, and if you're oc'ing too much it may overheat your hardware and crash the system.

my 2-cents...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

53. Re: best buy? Aug 3, 2004, 19:31 tron

What card you gettin' tron?

i won a geforce 6800GT in the evga.com scavenger hunt!
(http://www.evga.com/scavenger/default.asp)
it ships on august 20th, so i'll have it just in time to replay D3 at higher settings, and then move on to HL2.

i have to say, i'm impressed that my current set-up plays D3 so well. i was afraid my 1.9 cpu would be too slow, but so far the game runs smooth as silk for me.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

47. Re: best buy? Aug 3, 2004, 15:16 tron

Anyone find it at a regular best buy yet?

all the Best Buys in the cleveland area have HUGE displays out, i'm talking about 40-50 games on a big sqaure D3 display...

i'm playing it, and loving it... at 800x600 Med. quality... can't wait for my new vid card so i can try it at 1024x768 high quality!

hope you are all having as much fun as i am!!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

36. got it! Aug 3, 2004, 12:45 tron

bought it, installed it... now i'm gonna go play it!!

bye!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

90. Re: 6800 GT Aug 2, 2004, 23:45 tron

anybody else ever have the "Launch Links" checkbox randomly deciding to un-check itself?

mine does every so often... i'm not sure why. happens once a month or so.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Making of DOOM 3
15. Re: Yup Aug 2, 2004, 22:46 tron

We'll have Joe Pesci and Danny DeVito starring.

omg... DeVito as the DOOM marine... i would pay big money to see *that* film!!!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

79. Re: 6800 GT Aug 2, 2004, 22:10 tron

Where are you again?

i'm 15 minutes from Cleveland - not remote by any means. the stores i called said that they have it but will not sell until wednesday because they don't want to be fined. the guy at best buy was almost rude about it - as though people have been asking him the same question all day.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 22:22.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

70. Re: 6800 GT Aug 2, 2004, 21:54 tron

ray,

i just don't get it... everyone online seems to think it'll be out tomorrow, but all the stores i call say wednesday... wtf???

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

67. Re: 6800 GT Aug 2, 2004, 21:40 tron

gotta wait until tomorrow morning

where are you guys getting it from? everywhere i have called (BB, EB, GS) all keep telling me they will have it wednesday, and not before because they don't want to be fined...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

61. Re: 6800 GT Aug 2, 2004, 20:38 tron

I see it's autographed? I'd use it anyway!

i'm gonna... then in a few years i'll put it up on ebay as a bit of "gaming history" and see if it sells...

I installed mine yesterday...have had a bluescreen and a reboot

i already have an FX card plugged into my power supply (a 360-watt Enlight) and have never had a problem... of course, the 5600 is designed to run even if not plugged in (just much slower). will the 6800's run unplugged? did you have an FX card plugged in prior to getting the 6800?

good luck making it all work... i'm hoping for the best for ya, nin!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

59. Re: 6800 GT Aug 2, 2004, 19:59 tron

thanks WarPig!! yeah, entering helps! especially in a contest like this that makes you work to enter - keeps the numer of entries lower, increasing the odds of winning. i'd love to know how many people were entered in the drawing. there were a total of eight 6800 cards given away, including the one in the rig... i was really hoping to win one of the machines, but i entered because of the 6800 cards. man, it still hasn't sunk in... i keep checking the site very half hour or so to make sure my name is still there!

Again congrats tron, you little punk, I had to pay for the same cardů.jackhole!

thanks again, shane!! hey, i ran a SPQ2 site for years for free, never made a penny from it. i sank literally 100's and 100's of hours of my free time into it... maybe this is a small karmic pay-back for all my financially unrewarded efforts... all that free publicity for id, and they wanted me to be able to play DOOM3 on a nice card!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

53. Re: 6800 GT Aug 2, 2004, 17:36 tron

Enjoy your card man!

thanks, kanniballl!!!

my P4 1.9 is going to slow it down quite a bit i'm guessing - but i'm sure D3 is going play better with this card than it will with the 128MB 5600 ultra i have right now. and hey, i never win anything either... this is the first in a long long time...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

51. Re: 6800 GT Aug 2, 2004, 17:07 tron

thanks, enahs!!!

they do it once a year... last year i couldn't find all the icons, but this year i did. basically, they hide 5 icons on the site and you have to hunt them down (it's tough) and then answer 2 trivia questions per icon (the questions are easy, kinda)... you have a whole month to do it... they email you once you get 'em all...

i can't freekin believe i won one of the best prizes they offered! i never win anything... the only better prizes were the 3 6800 ultras and the 2 gaming rigs...

funny thing is, just a few hours ago i asked bronco if i get $400 for a new card for my 400th post... and i just won a $400 card!!!!!!!!!!!

man, i am so hyped!!! D3 is gonna look good for me!!!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

46. 6800 GT Aug 2, 2004, 16:55 tron

wow! hey guys, i just won a 6800 GT in the EVGA scavenger hunt contest!!! very cool, only downside it they won't ship it until Aug. 20th - but i have NO PROBLEM waiting!!!

man... i still can't believe i won... check it out:
http://www.evga.com/scavenger/default.asp

w00t!!!!!!!!!!!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

845 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo