Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 846 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
56. Re: Dewm 3 Hell... Aug 25, 2004, 17:08 tron

is there a way to crank the gamma in a cfg file or something?

you can go into the console (ctrl+alt+~) and enter "r_gamma 1.2" (no quotes of course) and see how that looks. once you set it, it stays... it think it looks great at 1.2, some prefer 1.3... default is 1.0

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 17:08.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

108. Re: Weapons Loss Aug 23, 2004, 19:13 tron

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

that sucks... but, at least now you know it isn't the card. in your shoes, i'd do the same thing - new mobo!!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

85. Re: Weapons Loss Aug 23, 2004, 14:55 tron

You're telling me I'm about to lose my gorgeous BFG? How soon after Delta2

read my post (#27) to see that you can get a BFG back pretty quickly after you lose it...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

44. Re: It gets good in Hell Aug 23, 2004, 12:09 tron

...a 2nd time on Veteran. The only differance is that you take more damage

i too am going through on Veteran after playing Marine. it seemed to me that there are more enemies, and that they are slightly tougher (take more damage), and that some of the secret stashes have less stuff in them.

and i want to know already - if you back-up all of those files on the computers that ask you to, does it do *anything*???

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

43. Re: 6800 GT Aug 23, 2004, 12:05 tron

Congrats, man! I think you'll really enjoy that card. My (new?) card should be here tomorrow...I'm crossing my fingers that all will be well.

thanks, nin! glad to hear your "saga" is nearly over. it is a shame they made you jump through so many hoops, but at least in the end they are giving you a new card. here's hoping you get it delivered, installed, and up and running in no time at all...

best of luck to ya!!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

36. 6800 GT Aug 23, 2004, 11:49 tron

i received my autographed 6800GT on saturday and have it installed and running like a dream. i was able to boost D3 up to 1024x768 high quality with 12xAA, instead of 800x600 high quality with no AA. it sure looks better, but i do experience chop with more than 3 or 4 enemies on screen...

all-in-all i'm one happy and thankful gamer, as this card just improved my gaming considerably - for free! the amazing thing is that EVGA even included the full version of Far Cry with the card, which i thought they would leave out since it was a prize, not a purchase!

new card, new game... and still enjoying my second go-through of D3... happy days for me!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

27. Re: Saving ammo... Aug 23, 2004, 11:10 tron

I saw the BFG, but could not get in

there are a few BFG's you can get. at least 3. (secret text follows) one is in a locker with code 931 (i'm 95% sure it's in delta labs). another is in Hell in a "secret" area, not really secret, but you have to do some out-of-the-way exploring to find it. about 3 "rooms" or so after the room with the Mancubus' (Mancubii?) on the floating platforms. you emerge from a cavern-style room and find yourself in a large open area. the far end of this area ends in a drop-off down into lava or nothingness (whichever) and you can fall off of and die. if you walk right up to this "edge" and head to the right you'll find that there is a tiny little splinter of path that continues past where it initially appears to end. a BFG is there. those are the two that i disctinctly remember.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

44. Re: Arrrgh! Aug 20, 2004, 13:03 tron

111 years here.

Not willing to discuss my past...

damn, bronco... and i thought i was bad when i scored 84 years! i too have an 'interesting' past.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

23. Re: monorail Aug 15, 2004, 12:26 tron

Lyle Lanley: Well, sir, there's nothing on earth Like a genuine, Bona fide, Electrified, Six-car Monorail! What'd I say?
Ned Flanders: Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
Patty+Selma: Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: That's right! Monorail!
Miss Hoover: I hear those things are awfully loud...
Lyle Lanley: It glides as softly as a cloud.
Apu: Is there a chance the track could bend?
Lyle Lanley: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
Barney: What about us brain-dead slobs?
Lyle Lanley: You'll be given cushy jobs.
Abe: Were you sent here by the devil?
Lyle Lanley: No, good sir, I'm on the level.
Wiggum: The ring came off my pudding can.
Lyle Lanley: Take my pen knife, my good man. I swear it's Springfield's only choice... Throw up your hands and raise your voice!
All: Monorail!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
Lyle Lanley: Once again...
Marge: But Main Street's still all cracked and broken...
Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken!
All: Monorail! Monorail! Monorail! Monorail!
Homer: Mono... D'oh!

wanna hear it?...
ftp://ftp.smoovenet.com/pub/lardlad/sounds/season4/monorail8.mp3

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

8. Re: Ray Marden Day? Aug 14, 2004, 17:51 tron

happy Halsy Says It's Ray Marden Day day, everybody!?!  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

27. damn you! Aug 13, 2004, 13:24 tron

all right, Bronco - i just watched a fat guy get near-nekkid and rub his belly while singing cheesy pop music - and it's ALL YOUR FAULT...
>>shudder<<
i need to shower now...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

28. Re: HW Ad vice Aug 9, 2004, 12:42 tron

Anyone have any opinions about such things?

looks like you have the right idea. either purchase will increase your framerates. from the reading i have done, the 6800 cards scale up to beyond even a 3.4ghz cpu's capabilities. i'm thinking either purchase would be just as good... but in your shoes i'd go with the cpu mobo - because you will not only get the benefits that they provide, but your current video card will no longer be bottlenecked. so - you'll get a new mobo, cpu, and better performance from your 9700pro. then, you can wait until you can afford a new vid card, at which time the prices will hopefully have dropped... my 2cents...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

48. Re: RE: Sound problems Aug 9, 2004, 01:25 tron

tracked them down for you.... 400W version

hmmmm... i looked into them and found a review that stated they are not surround speakers, and by that they mean thay cannot handle an audio track encoded with 5.1 surround. i also have a 4.1 channel set-up and D3 wouldn't detect it as surround at all. i figured it wouldn't (with no center channel) but gave it a go just to see. afaik D3 is encoded for typical 2-channel stereo sound, and 5.1 surround. a 4.1 system won't be able to play 5.1 - because, as i said before, there is no center channel! mine plays sound from the rear speakers, but it is just the same sounds that are in the fronts. read this for more info: http://www.planetdoom.com/doom3/articles/d3sound.shtml

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

36. Re: RE: Sound problems Aug 8, 2004, 23:24 tron

Actually, I have a 4.1 surround setup (Klipsch Promedias) I bought about 4-5 years ago.

never heard of that before... where does the center channel output go? does it just redirect the sounds that are supposed to come out of the center channel to the left and right front channels? afaik surround sound is encoded as 5.1, 6.1, or 7.1, i have never heard of 4.1 encoding...

it was recognized and was working as a surround setup when I installed the game, but not when I tried to switch back.

no kidding... i'll have to go look into those speakers... maybe learn something new!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

26. Re: RE: Sound problems Aug 8, 2004, 17:34 tron

I went to switch back to 4 speaker setup and Doom 3 came back with "couldn't find surround speakers" message even though I had enabled them again.

warhawk, 4 speakers do not qualify as 'surround sound'. you need a center channel, front left & right, and rear left & right to get surround. that is what 5.1 surround sound means: 5 speakers, the .1 being the subwoofer. so, D3 is correct in not finding surround speakers, because you don't have them!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

63. Re: doom 3 help Aug 7, 2004, 02:43 tron

indiv, (secret text ensues...)

there was an area with tons of small living quarters. each was labeled with the name of the person assigned to that particular room, and their status. one of the rooms was assigned to Christian Antkow, his status was "relocated". very cool, i thought.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

59. Re: doom 3 help Aug 6, 2004, 23:23 tron

thanks Ray and Sixis... secret text follows.

your advice worked great. the splash of the rocket launcher helped me take out the seekers fast enough to finally take some shots at the guardian, and hitting his "energy light-ball" wiped him out... what a great battle! what a great game!

did you guys see the Christian Antkow homage in the delta labs? very cool of willits (or whoever) to put that in there... i'm out of hell and in the cpu area now, almost done and not too happy about the propect of finishing!

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 23:24.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

54. Re: Hmmm Doritos Aug 6, 2004, 20:24 tron

hey bronco, how's the wounded finger holding up? are ya managing to move along in doom, or is WoW still consuming your life?  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

45. doom 3 help Aug 6, 2004, 17:23 tron

warning, spoilers!

secret text about guardian boss:
i'm at the guardian now and i get that you have to kill the seekers before you can damage him... but do the seekers re-spawn, or are there just a bazillion of them? i keep runnin' in circles blasting them away and i keep finding more and more of them. any help? also, what's a good weapon to take them out with?

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

96. plasma gun secret Aug 5, 2004, 17:35 tron

i found it without following any footsteps. in alpha 4 there is a room with a boat-load of pipes overhead and a set of stairs. if you look up at the pipes you can see some glowing red armor shards. near that room is a computer terminal that has a small out-of-the-way screen that lets you "open a maintenance hatch", wich opens a small grate in the room prior to the computer room. jump up on the box, and crawl into the hatch/duct. it'll take you to a small cache of armor and such that ends at a grate. knock the grate away and crawl on top of the pipes from the afore-mentioned room. you can get to those armor shards here, and if you look carefully and jump over to some other pipes the plasma gun is yours for the taking.

questions:
i keep finding computers that give me the option to back-up my files. i always do so, but do not know what (if any) affect this has. anyone know?

also, at one point you get a pda with an audio file that says the guy has a BFG in his drawer, with code 901 (in his emial you find it's actually 931). i have yet to find this guy's office. you get the pda in Alpha 4. anyone know where his office is located? i'm up to the monorail now and still haven't found it.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

846 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo