Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 846 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold - Winter Games
3. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2007, 00:41 tron

man... C64 summer and winter games were both great fun. i agree with elaborator - the high dive was one of my favorite events. they were such a huge improvement over the 2600 game Decathalon.  
- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Enemy Territory Quake Wars Delayed, Maybe
3. read it all Jan 26, 2007, 11:18 tron

Activision's fiscal 2008 runs from April 2007 through March 2008

that means it could be released in about 2 months, and still be in "fiscal 2008"

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > UT2007 Becomes UT3
8. Re: waitaminute... Jan 25, 2007, 21:04 tron

has doomed the possibility of annual Madden-style releases

thank goodness for that. UT2004 is still fun. sure, i'm ready for something new... but not every darn year.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Into the Black
1. $200 Million Film Jan 8, 2007, 21:31 tron

i fail to see what this new film is doing that hasn't been done before, in Star Wars episodes I - III for example. if Lucas wasn't independent, those films would have cost in excess of $200 million as well.

unless it is the scale that they are bragging about. in any case - big deal.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Sam & Max Episode 2: Situation Comedy Demo
13. Re: No subject Jan 7, 2007, 12:31 tron

i've always been a fan of tweakboy,

tron
http://www.3dgamersedge.com

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Dick in a box... Jan 3, 2007, 17:03 tron

the new digital shorts are the product of Andy Samberg, who joined the cast last year. i find him to be pretty funny. look up his other digital shorts - as they are all good, especially the lettuce one and the steve martin video and the 'chronic-cles of narnia'  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. NVIDIA High-End Chipset Problem Solved Dec 21, 2006, 21:08 tron

worst written article, ever.

it's amazing what kind of crap gets posted these days.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > MMO Firefly
23. Re: No subject Dec 7, 2006, 23:52 tron

i hope you viewed all the trailers available on that page... by the time you see Black Ice Tales you are either laughing or crying.

"Black Ice Tales", or, "Woman Jogging and Standing in a Field"

it isn't just that the graphics suck (and they do) it's the fact that none of the trailers tell you anytrhing about the game or how it plays. it's just cheesy techno music and people walking around in varied environments. now that's excitement.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Garry's Mod on Steam
11. Re: 24.99? Nov 28, 2006, 08:42 tron

Garry's MOD will be sold separately for just $9.95

if you had just read 1 more sentence...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

8. Re: Illusionist David Blaine Completed NY Gy Nov 25, 2006, 01:09 tron

The stunt was for charity, with 100 children to be given $500 gift certificate if all went well.

yep, no one cares...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

3. black friday... Nov 24, 2006, 19:04 tron

...netted me a Westinghouse 22" widescreen LCD monitor ($499 on sale for $199) from best buy. i stood in line (with about 500 other people) outside the store from 4am until 5am, then literally ran/jogged to the monitor aisle to grab the second-to-last one. i have never participated in black friday madness before, but it was well worth it this time. giving up what amounted to about 2 hours of my time to save $300.

actually, i did go to a best buy on black friday a few years back, but in the afternoon. i went in grabbed a few things then walked over to the registers. i had no idea that they had the big roped-off line herding people to the registers in single file (it was their first year doing it)... i wandered up and before i could make sense of what was going on the lady working at the front of the queue looked at me and said "go to register 3", which i did. only when i got to register 3 did i realize that there were maybe 100 people in line and that i had bypassed the whole thing through ignorance and dumb luck. and oddly (thankfully) no one noticed it, or at least said anything about it...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

2. chex mix Nov 24, 2006, 18:52 tron

blue, you mentioned it yesterday and i offer you my thanks for sharing the secret to your awesome chex mix recipe last year. i now make it the way you suggest and everyone raves about it. great stuff!  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

9. Kramer Nov 21, 2006, 11:13 tron

his apology

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-3886837296111594087&hl=en

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

19. Re: uhhh... Jul 24, 2006, 00:36 tron

I'm just a loyal fan giving some feedback.

while you are certainly entitled to your opinion - you won't find much support for it here. after all, this is a site that focuses mainly on first person SHOOTER games.

personally, i like to see videos like this. not because i enjoy random violence, but because it is a grim reminder of the reality we live in. i find it to be good for the soul to stare the dark side of life in the face. it helps keep me humble and anchored.

anyway, what exactly did you expect when you clicked a link titled 'coutroom shooting caught on tape'?

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Gold - Dungeon Siege II: Broken World
21. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2006, 00:45 tron

Was this game any good? I remember reading it was "fair" at best.

it is a more polished and 'tighter' game than DS1. but because of that it leaves you feeling like it is on rails a lot of the time. despite that, it is a lot of fun. i'd rate it aaround 83/100, taking into consideration the type of game it is (heavy-action, low-RPG). i enjoyed playing through it, and i'll buy the expansion. it should arrive just as i finish off Titan Quest!

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 00:45.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Clive Barker's Jericho Revealed
29. Re: True Jul 20, 2006, 00:37 tron

yeah, i cold see that. he was much younger in the early 90's, just starting to get popular. if he had that cross, he might have found it cool or irreverant to say that he owned it because he was a satanist. he is definitely counter-culture.

and he is also openly gay. he's been living with some guy for a long time now, and i'm pretty sure they have a daughter. i stopped reading his books because they started focusing more and more on gay characters. being straight, i just don't relate to that kind of stuff.

I don't believe in a god at all, at least not in any way we could possibly comprehend. That may change as I get older.

i believe in God - and He is still something that i cannot possibly comprehend. belief and understanding don't necessarily go hand-in-hand. i believe in lots of things that i don't understand. like the CPU in my PC.

if you want to read about a true satanist - go find the interview that L. Ron Hubbard's son did with penthouse magazine in 1983. (here's the link: http://www.rickross.com/reference/scientology/scien240.html) according to his own son, L. Ron Hubbard believed that he was Satan. true satanists believe that no one matters at all except for themselves. they ignore ethics, morals, emotion, the rights of other humans - and anything that stands in the way of their own pleasure and power and greedy infantile desires. i would never knowingly support someone like that. these days, it has become fashionable for us to try and avoid spending money on things that could benefit terrorists. at least the terrorist is loyal to his own cause, and his own comrades. a true satanist would kill his wife, his children, or anyone who stood in his path. read that interview (it's long, but well worth the read) and you'll learn a lot of interesting things about them...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

27. Re: Proof Jul 19, 2006, 16:22 tron

And this my friends, is the proof why you won't find him openly admitting to his former interest or wokring in Satanism

whoa, whoa. how does this prove that he is/was a satanist? by this logic, everyone is or was a satanist and fears that someone may find out so they hide it for financial reasons. i'm still not saying that he isn't or wasn't involved in it - i'm just saying that i have never heard anyone except for you say that he is/was.

your claims are so far based on your own opinions and or speculation. having read a great deal about his beliefs since your first post, i now know that he believes that God is a man-made concept, and that there is life after death. that could put him in the camp of satanists, but not necessarily.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

23. Re: I read Jul 19, 2006, 07:36 tron

his serious interest in the occult and more directly satanism

i'm Christian, and i have a serious interest in the occult and satanism. l.ron hubbard - now there was a satanist. anton lavey, aleister crowley, definitely. but clive barker? i'd need to see some proof.

However, I am not sure why it really matters.

well, you brought it up! i like my reality to be based on truth and fact. if he isn't really a satanist, i sure don't want to be telling others that he is. and i don't want misinformation in my head.

Do you really think this guy is a church goer after reading his stories

no, i don't. but he is obviously a very spiritual person. if i were to find out he was a true satanist, i wouldn't spend my money on his products. but i have read many quotes by clive stating that, while he certainly doesn't shy away from the evil and grotesque side of reality, he also believes in the goodness of humanity, and he desires to show that which is noble and good about us in a realistic and interesting way.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

8. Re: Clive Jul 18, 2006, 18:19 tron

Read up on this guy, absolute satanist which is great because...

no he isn't. at least i have never read anything by him, or about him that says he is. do you have any proof for this claim?

here's a quote by clive in regards to his gay partner:
"The marriage has not been formally blessed except by the two of us, and God."

doesn't sound very satanic to me, though i could be wrong. if i am, then please point me in the right direction...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Molyneux on Game Design
4. No subject Jul 17, 2006, 22:59 tron

"The message I have is that there is no democracy in design. You must have someone who carries the vision."

and in Pete's case, he's carrying it so far into irrelevance that no one cares about his so-called "vision" any more. i haven't enjoyed any of his games since populous.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

846 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo