Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 845 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
91. Re: Original Trek... Oct 20, 2004, 18:00 tron

btw, i think i'm due for a Punch In The Arm!!!

w00t!!!

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

88. Re: Original Trek... Oct 20, 2004, 17:54 tron

bronco,

Watching them the past two weeks the offense has actually looked bored.

well, our D is pretty awesome, despite the numerous injuries. all of the Bengals points came on turn-overs... we've been pretty overpowering on D, stopping the Jamal Lewis, and Johnson only getting 3 catches last sunday. i'm eager to see them match up against you guys this week.

I have no idea why the guy insists on the personal attacks. I do know that he hated playing with Garcia in SF mainly because Jeff just couldn't get him the ball.

that's what he acts like, but c'mon - 51 TD catches and 4 pro bowls in 4 years? it's not like he didn't see any action. of course, i don't know the whole story. i'm assuming there is more to it that i'm unaware of...

anyway, here's hoping it's a good game. our offense is *finally* starting to gel, and i want to see how our defense performs against a truly powerful offense. we've only allowed over 20 points twice this year, once in week 3 after we lost 6 defensive starters in week 2, and once against pittsburgh - and that was due to poor coaching more than anything else.

i'm assuming we may well lose to you guys, but i think we can at the very least make a game of it. i'm glad that it is being played in our house, and not yours!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

17. Re: Original Trek... Oct 20, 2004, 10:47 tron

Besides, their coach is a former Eagle!

i'm looking forward to watching your team come to cleveland this weekend, Bronco. are you guys really as good as your record indicates? and what's up with T.O.? why can't he leave Garcia alone? he has ripped him apart in every interview he has done... meanwhile Garcia has had nothing but good things to say about Owens. is there something more to this story that i'm not aware of?

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

76. Re: Coke takes over parts of the brain Oct 19, 2004, 23:24 tron

nin, erm, DARTH nin,

i hope you're gonna update us on this...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

68. Re: Coke takes over parts of the brain Oct 19, 2004, 19:23 tron

And excuse me? Acupuncture etc. ISN'T all about the money??

well, theoretically, you could do it yourself. then it'd be free.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

56. Re: Giving up soda Oct 19, 2004, 15:45 tron

a friend of mine brought a pack of saccharine-sweetened gum home from the States which was prominently labelled with a warning that it was shown to cause cancer in lab animals

i'm surpised that in our eXtreme culture, that this isn't a selling point:

announcer:
"Try new Polyp Cola! Now with 5 times more saccarine than any competitor! Polyp Cola... so f*ckin' sweet it'll give you cancer!!!"

two 20-ish kids with 'boards and cans of Polyp:
"sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!"

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 15:45.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

28. new D3 maps Oct 19, 2004, 11:42 tron

i posted this yesterday, but i fear it got lost in the political shuffle. blue, maybe you'll post links to these on the main page? they're both really good maps...

here's a link to a new SP D3 map that is pretty well put-together, and has a really cool Shambler model at the end...
goto the Sept. 26th entry on his Media page:
http://home.telkomsa.net/obihb

also, McKinney has released a preview of his Q2 - D3 conversion that shows off the first level of Q2. it is EXTREMELY well done. there's new music by Sonic Mayhem and high-res Q2 textures...
goto his Maps page and scroll all the way down:
http://www.planetdoom.com/meanarena/doom3_maps.html

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

109. Re: Halloween on Sunday Oct 19, 2004, 00:39 tron

He's an American first and a Catholic second, and that's how it should be.

that's where i'll disagree 100%. if you have a religious belief, a true and real one, then that should be the most important thing in your life. to sell out your own God for anything else on earth is just unthinkable to me. then again, i believe that kerry is a politician first, and american second, and a catholic third.

Are you being sarcastic?

yes!, i just don't like absolutes like that. to say "*everyone* does or thinks this or that" is always a statement that falls flat. there is always an exception to the rule. a great many people simply believe what they are told and never take the time to compare and contrast and analyze any of it. especially involving esoteric matters like religion. the "i believe it cuz my daddy taught me it" mindset.

One doesn't have to be a troll (noun) to troll (verb).

sure, fine. the guy is an active, helpful, enthusiastic, and generally friendly poster at bluesnews. but just because he says something that goes against your beliefs, or something that you find incredulous, doesn't mean he's trolling.

This comment was edited on Oct 19, 00:39.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

101. Re: Halloween on Sunday Oct 18, 2004, 23:01 tron

You summarily labelling him with that kind of tone is needlessly inflammatory and smacks of trolling.

to call yourself catholic implies that you follow and believe in catholic doctrines. he obviously does not follow or believe in them (at least not all of them) - so therefore he isn't truly catholic, is he? he may attend catholic church, and agree with many of their ideals - but when i comes right down to it, he has major and serious philisophical ideaologies that contradict the catholic doctrine.

and calling warhawk a troll is just so far away from any conceivable reality that you sound like a troll just by accusing him of it.

Everyone on this planet cherrypicks his beliefs

yep. that is no exaggeration. every last person on planet earth does it. all of them.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

97. Re: Halloween on Sunday Oct 18, 2004, 22:35 tron

Bush constantly invokes the name of God constantly and his whole agenda seems depedent upon his faith.

odd though, that Kerry is the one who, at the end of the third debate, asked the american people to "take a leap of faith" and elect him.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

91. Re: Halloween on Sunday Oct 18, 2004, 22:03 tron

Bush is an evangelical christian and Kerry is a catholic christian. There is a big difference.

you're right, i knew that but wasn't thinking in terms of denominations...

People do vote according to their religion. So evangelical christians will vote for an evangelical over a catholic.

i guess that's true. being someone who doesn't attend a church, i wonder if they actually (i mean openly) endorse particular candidates, or if it is just assumed you'll vote for those within your denomination.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

87. Re: Halloween on Sunday Oct 18, 2004, 20:31 tron

That's huge number of uber-religious people. No wonder Bush has such massive support from some people.

with both bush and kerry being self-described church-going christians, why would one's religion lead one to choose either candidate over the other? i mean, one can't say "i'm voting for bush, because he's a christian like me", since kerry is also christian.

just curious as to your meaning...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

73. Re: Halloween on Sunday Oct 18, 2004, 17:18 tron

There is a difference between deeply held beliefs and zealotry. One is just fine... the other simply isn't. If you find that to be hypocritical, we can have a discussion about it.

no, you're making perfect sense. being a non-church-going Christian, i'm all in favor of having deeply held beliefs. i'm NOT into forcing them on others.

in fairness, what you quoted me on was me talking about the people in that specific article. i'm well aware of the dangers of fundamentalist zealotry, however i think the people in that article are far from getting ready to arm themselves and start convertin' the heathens whether they a-want it or not! and while i disagree with their stace, Halsy's response was 10 times worse.

i know aetheists who possess a very healthy sense of right vs. wrong. i count some of them among my best friends - and i may disagree with their view of reality, but i don't think they are "evil", or should be terminated. Halsy, however, goes way way too far. at one time i thought he was just joking, and i asked him about his beliefs. he posted some massive attack against "people like you" (meaning *me*) being the problem with this world, accused me of trolling, and blah blah blah. he didn't take my post as being a genuine attempt to communicate. he instead chose to stereotype me, put words in my mouth, and made countless baseless accusations. since that time my opinion of him has changed dramatically, and if he posts unwarranted (and somewaht frightening) nonsense, i'm going to call him on it.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

70. Re: Halloween on Sunday Oct 18, 2004, 16:28 tron

Maybe they were misquoted?

i wouldn't be surprised. extremeists on either end of the spectrum frighten me equally.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

68. new D3 sp maps Oct 18, 2004, 16:19 tron

here's a link to a new SP D3 map that is pretty well put-together, and has a really cool Shambler model at the end...
goto the Sept. 26th entry on his Media page:
http://home.telkomsa.net/obihb

also, McKinney has released a preview of his Q2 - D3 conversion that shows off the first level of Q2. it is EXTREMELY well done. there's new music by Sonic Mayhem and high-res Q2 textures...
goto his Maps page and scroll all the way down:
http://www.planetdoom.com/meanarena/doom3_maps.html

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

67. Re: Halloween on Sunday Oct 18, 2004, 16:15 tron

Tron, this isn't really the best argument to make, since the 'fundies' also don't know how to "live and let live" as proven by their stance on, for example, Halloween on Sunday.

i know, which is exactly my point. Halsy's solution to his problem is to combat the intolerance of fundamentalists with --- intolerance! his "wipe out those who disagree with me" approach is just as bad as the approach of the fundamentalists. the hypocrisy of his post boggles my mind.

as for the Halloween on Sunday people - well, i disagree with what they are saying, but i don't hear them claiming that the world would be better off without those who disagree with them.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

63. Re: Halloween on Sunday Oct 18, 2004, 15:44 tron

And where would mankind be without unthinking, repressive fundies on the scene? Peace on earth I'm thinking.

i'm not a "fundie" as you stereotypically call them, but i am related to some people who are. i personally resent the fact that you imply this world would be better off without them. why don't you take a good look at your own intolerant views on those who differ from your own "self righteous" thinking and ideologies. i may not agree with those in my life who profess fundamentalist beliefs, but i damn well don't wish them ill because of they think the way they do.

you ever hear of "live and let live"??

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

89. Re: Bluesnews has a fan Oct 16, 2004, 00:09 tron

Hey I finally found it. The tune is called Masters Of The Universe by Juno Reactor - album name: Shango.

thanks, warpig! i was one of the people asking about this last time, and no - no one was able to figure it out back then... i'm surprised it's Juno, but very happy to finally know where i can get this track. thanks man!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

32. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2004, 11:57 tron

Blue, I think you posted that jump video before

i thought so at first too, mayor - but then i remembered that someone posted the link here in the ootb forum, and it didn't make it to the links-o'-the-day.

at least that's how i remember it...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

58. Re: Hmmm... Oct 11, 2004, 23:09 tron

What the hell does it mean when they disappear somebody?"

wonder if they saw lots of beans?
http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/37/

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

845 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo