Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 845 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. dooku.net Jun 22, 2005, 10:36 tron

i have spent more time than is healthy on this stupid site! curse you, blue!

btw, i noticed one of the songs is the "boss theme" from Serious Sam.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Demo
357. Re: All this whining... Jun 11, 2005, 12:21 tron

1. Prey
2. Quake 4
3. Spore
4. Enemy Territory - Quake Wars
5. Anything Bioware.
6. NeverwinterNights 2
7. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
8. Gothic III
9. A Vampyre Story
10. Alan Wake
11. F.E.A.R.
12. Dreamfall
13. Call Of Duty 2
14. Hitman: Blood Money
15: Tomb Raider: Legend
16: UT2007 (soon, perhaps not in a year though?)
17: Countless mods for the above games.

i can add:

18: Dungeon Siege 2
19: Star Wars: Empire at War

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

16. Re: 80s Lyrics Quiz Jun 8, 2005, 12:25 tron

score: 95. "pop junkie"
no bonus, no penalty...

i don't know if i'm proud or ashamed!

edit: gained 3 points after i fixed 2 that i had right, but misspelled - doh!

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 12:43.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Hehehehehe May 18, 2005, 17:25 tron

creston,

i wish i had read your warning before i read that damned article. i had no idea such a HUGE spoiler would be included... oh well... all i can say is that i hope it makes the game better. and by better i mean more fun - not more realistic and/or complicated.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > It Came from E3, Part 1
9. Re: Xbox 360 Fake Audience Members May 18, 2005, 17:22 tron

But the year I got there...the president decided that they needed to change the motto- to something flashier!

Let that just sink in for a minute.

wow. just - wow. that is just so funny and so sad. i hope that whoever took down the sign with the old motto on it, used it to repeatedly bash in the skull of the president.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

36. Re: phone message May 14, 2005, 19:14 tron

Tron, you live in california and need an attorney?

nope... i live in ohio. i might need an attorney - but i hope not! i still need to kfind out if the gy has insurance... probably tomorrow. thanks for asking, though.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

35. Re: the 13th May 14, 2005, 19:12 tron

Very sorry to hear that! Were you the only one in your car?

thanks, nin... yep, i was the only one in my car. i'm okay, just sore in my back & neck - typical for whiplash, i hear. the car behind me that took the full impact had two people inside. the guy was hurt pretty bad, but looked like he'll likely recover 100% after time. the girl with him was fine. and, of course, the jerk who hit us was fine too... except for the hand-cuffs he was wearing! =)

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

16. Re: No subject May 14, 2005, 15:58 tron

What does it matter under what condition you're driving when you're causing an accident?

because it is well known that alcohol/drugs impair your driving. if you choose to drive in such a manner, you KNOW that what you are doing is putting the lives of innocent people in danger. you have CHOSEN to show disregard for the well being of your fellow man.

knee-jerking and asking for heavy penalties isn't a good idea

true, but i keep hearing about people being charged with their 5th or 6th DUI. that says to me that the system ISN'T WORKING! then again, whatever you do, there will always be people who disreagrd the law and do stupid shit.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

14. Re: Hilarious phone message May 14, 2005, 15:39 tron

Snopes has a bit on this:
http://www.snopes.com/autos/mishaps/beating.asp

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

13. Re: the 13th May 14, 2005, 15:35 tron

easy for me to say since i don't have to hassle with it, but file CRIMINAL charges against this piece of garbage and put him in prison!

well, i hoping he has insurance and that will take care of me and the other people he hit. if he doesn't, then i'll likely team up with the other victims and go after him through the courts. the $900 damage to my car isn't covered by my insurance because i have a $1000 deductible. he also cost me 5-1/2 hours of pay. so, i'd go after him for that, maybe in small claims court. it all depends on his insurance situation, and what the other party intends to do if he is uninsured.

i'm not a vengeful person, but i will do everything in my power to get compensation for the money he cost me. i hope the trash learns a lesson from all of this. he is so self-centered that when he emerged from his car, the first thing he did was ask for a cell phone and then started lying about the cars brakes going out on him. didn't bother to see if everyone was okay... thankfully, he got hauled away in cuffs due to being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

6. Re: No subject May 14, 2005, 14:47 tron

So could someone please point me in the direction of a few "internet speed tests" the work (so I can test my new line)? Thanks!

ask, and ye shall recieve...
http://www.broadbandreports.com/stest

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

2. the 13th May 14, 2005, 14:29 tron

i have never had any bad luck on friday the 13th, but yesterday things were different. i was in my first car accident, as some drunken 19 year old kid (who looked like he lived in an alley and smelled so strongly of hard liquor that i wouldn't get near him) decided to see if his car could go through other vhehicles as easily as it went through red lights. he slammed (at around 40-50 MPH) into a car that was stopped behind me, which in turn slammed into me. this was, btw, at 7:15 am.

i am sore today, in my back and neck, but a lot better off than the guy in the car behind me who got carted away in an ambulance. my car has approx. $900 of damage to it, and i'm still waiting to find out if this drunken moron had insurance or not.

anyway, i'm thankful it wasn't worse. but i am also a bit more paranoid when driving around now, and ocassionally (when i least expect it) the image of the guy from the car behind me - just laying there and moaning and looking near death - pops into my mind.

This comment was edited on May 14, 14:30.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

31. Re: ...? May 14, 2005, 10:41 tron

nobody is forcing anybody to tune into anything. In a world of free and plentiful choice, complaining about other people's choices is almost always a waste of time

and i can't help but wonder why everyone wants so badly to control what others are viewing. why get so passionate and angry about what some other guy on a forum is watching? each of us is (hopefully) and intelligent human capable of making our own choices.

i found that in my life, the more i got "into" politics, the more unhappy i was. the whole thing revolves around trying to force everyone else to do what you think they should be doing. it's all a game of control. and, since you simply can't control other people - you'll never win and never be happy. i opted out of that mess, and now i just worry about my own self. much less stress. i still pay attention to issues that are meaningful to me, and i still vote. but i just don't bother to "get into it" with other people any more.

This comment was edited on May 14, 10:42.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Gold - Dungeon Lords
16. Re: crap! Apr 30, 2005, 14:49 tron

Tron, won't you at least read reviews to see if the issues you didn't like about the demo are fixed by release

perhaps... but it wasn't just the poor quality of the demo that turned me off - it was the presentation and the gameplay. to me it just felt amateurish and rushed - no polish. that is something a patch can't fix.

i'm a bit bummed because i had high hopes for the game. i will read the reviews when they become available, however based on the demo i'll be happier waiting a month or two for Dungeon Siege II, which i'm sure will be an excellent game (at least for my tastes). and of course, i'm waiting for next year's Neverwinter Night II.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Gold - Dungeon Lords
14. crap! Apr 30, 2005, 10:25 tron

hated the demo.
won't buy the game.

waiting for DS 2...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Game Movies
5. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2005, 06:53 tron

Black and White was an amazingly polarizing game. Everyone I know either absolutely loved it or despised it to their very core.

i thought it was just O.K.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Hello World
104. Re: Steam 04/01 Apr 6, 2005, 10:32 tron

Did anyone else see Steam update talking about a "CS:S realism change"?

Sixis, here's a copy-paste of the "realism changes"

Friday, April 1 2005

An update is available for Counter-Strike: Source. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. This update addresses requests for more realism in Counter-Strike: Source. The changes are as follows:

Features/Additions
Doubled player speed when jumping. The effect to cumulative, so the more you jump, the faster you go.
Cut price of AWP by 50%.
Added akimbo Riot Shield to buy menu.
Removed de_dust from mapcycle.
Realism Enhancements:

Knives:
Between rounds, it is suggested that you unsheath the weapon and repeatedly press the attack key to air it out as the leather now collects moisture and creates pits on the blade, making it less effective in the next round.

Shotguns:
1. Firing the shotgun without ammo loaded will now cause it to jam.
2. When the shotgun jams, press F2 to fill out form DA-1823-00/A12-H8.
3. You should then hear a scribbling sound. When it stops, press F3 to send the request to LIDM.
4. Failure to do paperwork before pressing F3 will result in the immediate return of the unrepaired shotgun.
5. The repairs can take 1-2 rounds for completion. During that time, you cannot purchase a replacement firearm and may only use your sidearm or knife.

Player Models:
Several models now feature eyewear. This is a completely cosmetic enhancement with the following exceptions:

Part EP-7829-292-2 must be purchased and worn correctly at all times in order to see during the round.

In between rounds, you may purchase and use part EC-2231-833-H34 to clean your EP-7829-292-2. Note: that this does not clean the eyewear itself!

To clean the eyewear, you need to purchase and use the designated cleaner, EC-2231-233-H34, EC-2231-523-H34, or EC-2231-239-H34a respectively depending on your model's eyewear. You can determine the part # of the correct cleaner by asking someone.

Machine and submachine guns:

At least once every five rounds, press F1 to inspect the weapon:
A musical cue indicates that the inspection has started. Now press F1 again repeatedly to clean and lubricate the weapon.

Your Preventative Maintenance Status (either "cleaning" or "lubricating") is determined by the speed with which you press the F1 key and will be displayed above your head.

To accurately simulate real life maintenance mistakes, pressing F1 too quickly will lubricate either the bolt face or the trunnion block. Pressing F1 too slowly sprays lubricant directly into the buffer tube. All mistakes render the gun inoperable, though this may not become immediately apparent.

Experiment with keypress timing to avoid (and discover!) other common maintenance errors.

In order to balance the improved stopping power of a well-maintained weapon, the reloading process has been made much less reliable.

When reloading, you should listen for two or three distinct clicks over a period of several seconds.

If you hear one click or no clicks or more than two clicks, you've bent the link ejector chute and the gun will most likely explode on the next attempt to fire it, though it may not.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > DOOM 3 EAX Driver
15. Re: No subject Apr 6, 2005, 10:27 tron

After playing 10 min with ROE it start to shutter and after 20 min it become unplayable coz of heavy shuttering, but when I exit and run the game again it plays perfectly normal except that the whole thing will start again after 10 minů anyone have this problem or is it related with Audigy?

when you say "shutter", do you mean "stutter"?? either way, i have played for over an hour non-stop and had no problems of any kind. and i have an Audigy (2) card, so i doubt it is an Audigy-specific problem.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > DOOM 3 EAX Driver
11. Re: where's the patch Apr 6, 2005, 00:23 tron

I would note that step 2 has a "(coming soon)" right below it.

yep... how lame. why bother to release this when it is useless???

Although I hear the add-on is pretty good...

3 hours into it and it's very good...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Hello World
58. wtg, blue! Apr 6, 2005, 00:18 tron

although this is cool, in an odd way i kind of liked that retro site...  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

845 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo