Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 846 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Movie Mania
13. Re: Zzzzzz... Jul 27, 2005, 11:30 tron

Without the whole portal from Hell theme, it's just not DOOM.

damn right, it isn't. but, they had to remove any "Christian" elements from the film so they didn't alienate aetheists or those of a different belief system. you'd think that after Passion of the Christ pulled in over $300M, it might let people know that Christian themes won't stop people from viewing a film - if it is a *good* movie!

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. peter griffin Jul 25, 2005, 11:18 tron

I vote photoshopped

you win, blue. snopes did a bit on this just a few days ago:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/griffin.asp

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Star Wars: Empire at War Early
18. Re: No subject Jul 24, 2005, 00:18 tron

with the exception of Jedi Knight II, and maybe KOTOR which was above-average

what about Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy? solid action titles, both of 'em. and galatic battlegrounds was a quality RTS that many a reviewer agreed only received average reviews because AoE II was there first.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. irony Jul 23, 2005, 00:33 tron

am i the only one who finds it ironic that:

people go nuts defending GTA:SA and all the sick things you can do in that game...

but when someone says they wanna play a game where they kill terroists...

then those same people get all holier-than-thou and tell them to f-off...

does anyone have a good answer for me here?

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Morning Q&As
6. waiting for DS2, playing Sacred! Jul 21, 2005, 19:00 tron

I enjoyed the original Dungeon Siege

me too!

on the subject, someone in these formus recommended Sacred a few days ago - and i went out and bought it. this game is awesome! it's like a combination of DS, Diablo2, NWN, and Baldur's Gate. it has its share of flaws (poor pathfinding, a lot of lame fedex sub-quests, no 3D sound, no customizable hot-keys, poor configuability) - but overall it is extremely addicting. i've played over 12 hours in two days.

with a huge world, hundreds of quests, great grfx & sound, tons of items, a real plot, and lots of customization with skills, combos, special moves, sockets, etc. - Sacred is my new addiction. just be sure to go to http://www.sacred-game.com and get the free "sacred plus" 130MB add-on that fixes tons of bugs that were in the original release and adds new quests, monsters, and map areas to explore.

whoever it was that pimped this game in a DS forum a few days back - Thanks! for $20 i got a whole lot for my money (over 200 hours of gameplay if you do all the sub-quests!).

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 19:02.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Dungeon Siege II Gold
45. Re: Original Trailer Graphics Jul 20, 2005, 00:26 tron

which sucked cause you see in their advertisements, commercials, videos that were released, cause that's what I wanted to see in game

i bet that when you go to burger king you expect you food to look like the pictures in the advertisments...

j/k

but seriously, why get so bent out of shape about it? you found the truth before you spent your cash... and if it upsets you so much, just don't buy the game!

quote on the Microsoft Site DIRECTLY from Chris Taylors Mouth

okay... but he didn't say it was rendered in real-time, did he? so what is your gripe?

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 00:28.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

30. Re: star wars revelations Jul 18, 2005, 17:31 tron

So has anyone downloaded this fan inspired movie yet?

i've d/l'ed it. i've only watch part of it so far though. as you said, the cgi is amazing for a fan film, but the actors are not even community theater quality. a friend of mine watched it all the way through and said it was worth the time (40 minutes) if you can tolerate the acting. he said the story was rather good and the special effects were magnificent.

i'm waiting until i get an S-vid cable extension so i can watch it on my TV instead of on my monitor...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

5. Re: Hmm Jul 18, 2005, 12:02 tron

P.S. I was hoping time is cyclical
Nope. Straight line.

depends on the observer though, right?

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

78. Re: Same Issue Jul 18, 2005, 12:00 tron

What I was saying is that since the BFG card is sold with this clock speed, it's not really overclocked, per se, they are just calling it that.

i agree with you here. blue... my statement was meant to kill of the line of thought that the carmack quote might apply to your situation. it doesn't. i wasn't saying anything about whether your card is technically overclocked or not. it isn't. overclocking is a user-end function. if you buy something that was knowingly overclocked by the manufacturer, then yeah, they have to back up that overclock 100%. your GT vs. Ultra comparison is dead-on.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

76. Re: Same Issue Jul 18, 2005, 11:38 tron

I do, but that makes its clock speed its default speed... seems if being o/c'ed is the problem, BFG should RMA it under their lifetime warranty

if i remember correctly, what carmack said was that DOOM3 was going to use parts of the video card (in order to render the lighting/shadows) that no other game uses (or used, at that time) and that because of all the extra work D3 was going to make the cards do, they would be more prone to overheating or instability if they were overclocked - even if they worked perfectly with other games.

so this statement:

BTW, as for the o/c'ed card, it ran DOOM 3 fine

should derail that train of thought.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

66. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 09:19 tron

Not performance RAM, and not cranked up... it did run memtest 86 cleanly a load of times, though

you're making this difficult!

from your OotB tales of A/C woes in the past it is safe to say you don't have central air... so how hot is it in your gaming room? do you have nice air flow going through the PC? have you got it all dust-free inside? i used to have an abrupt reboot problem right in the middle of playing Doom3 until i went inside the case with a vaccum and some canned air, and then i installed a couple of extra fans - one of them blowing right across the top of my 6800GT and the other placed right above the card blowing out the back of the case. i thought that would help keep the heat from the card rising up to where my CPU is. and it worked.

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 10:47.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

64. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 08:53 tron

an Antec unit with a front panel to tweak the voltages and so mine are fairly spot-on and quite stable

well, that ain't it then!

how about your RAM? do you have performance RAM where you went in and lowered your latency settings or maybe enabled a "turbo mode"? if so, you might try disabling the turbo mode, or slightly modifying the latency settings. also, if you are using performance RAM, do you have the voltage for it cranked up to whatever the manufacturer recommends? i had a problem with my Corsair RAM before i turned my voltage up...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

56. Re: No subject Jul 18, 2005, 01:03 tron

I have 550W PSU -- A good deal over their suggestion for the card

is it a quality PSU? have you gone into BIOS to check what your 12V lead is running at, and just as importantly, how stable it is? i've been doing a lot of PSU research lately and have found that wattage isn't always a very good indication of the quality of the PSU. if your +12V lead is running low (EVGA recommends getting at least 11.75 on that line for 6800 cards) or fluctuating a lot, it could cause problems.

i recently ran into this issue with my system...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

24. Re: Infinite Loop errors Jul 17, 2005, 18:29 tron

Or is it just when you set a film up where omnipotent enemies arrive to sow untold destruction on a world you send yourself into a dead end story line where a ridiculous achillies heel is the only way to resolve everything so the home team wins?

watch Starship Troopers... or BSG

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

8. Re: Warhawk... Jul 16, 2005, 14:21 tron

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife Warhawk... i hope that she makes it through everything okay. God bless.  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

6. irony Jul 15, 2005, 12:19 tron

It's a children's book, people!!

that coming from an adult who makes a living from video games...

seriously though, it's no different than when people here go nuts over every real or imagined slight the gaming industry deals them... is it?

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: No subject Jul 13, 2005, 22:52 tron

Directed by David Fincher...

thanks, nin. this video is way, way better than the boring vanilla 'with teeth' video. in fact, this is the best music video i have seen in years. very creative and visually impressive in a miminalist kind of way. it really does a lot with very little. and i'm glad he chose the song with the "coolest" music/style as the next single.

what did you think of the 5.1 mix of the disc? i'm a bit disappointed in it. it has a few very cool moments - but i felt that with a little more effort and a lot more creative thinking it could have been much better.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Into the Black
3. No subject Jul 12, 2005, 21:34 tron

Too bad, I've always hit A.L. starter Mark Buehrle well.

you must be on some pretty good pain meds for that bruise, blue...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

19. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 13:01 tron

we need to stamp out AQ and other terrorist groups and start treating it as the danger that it really is

i'll second that, warhawk.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Sin 2 on Steam
12. ripoff Jul 4, 2005, 14:51 tron

$20 for 6 hours? too much $ for too little gameplay. and what the hell is up with 6 episodes? i cannot imagine sinking $120 into any FPS, no matter how good it is.  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

846 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo