Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 845 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeon Siege II Demo
94. Re: very happy with this Aug 5, 2005, 13:44 tron

So there's no path this time, to be stuck on

well, it is a lot less linear than the original. maybe not as open as BG, but defintely an improvement. it is because you get tons of subquests, and you are free to do them in whatever order you wish.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

92. Re: very happy with this Aug 5, 2005, 13:27 tron

I'm downloading the demo over the weekend, see what it's about. I'm utterly bored anyways.

i think you'll be pleasantly surprised. just be sure and play at least through the opening sequence until you get to the point where you have your collar removed. about there is where it really opens up and you get an idea of just how huge the gameworld is, and just how much freedom you have in regards to the path you take.

and the graphics really aren't too shabby! a bit outdated, but some of the textures are superb. and spend a few minutes checking out the foliage in the forest areas... methinks you'll enjoy the demo (which i have put almost 5 hours into and i'm still no where near done with it!)

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Dragonshard SP Demo
13. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2005, 00:37 tron

Different beasts. It's like shouting "DAWN OF WAR IS BETTER THAN FALLOUT!" from the rooftops.

you make a good point. just compare every game you like to say... Daikatana. "Dude, Madden 2005 is WAY better than Daikatana!"

and if you hate it, just compare it to the classics! "DS 2 just doesn't have the strategy of Star Craft, the graphics of HL2, the storytelling of BG, or the replayability of Pac Man... which is why i am totally justified in saying it sucks!"

hell, lets apply this to every area of life! go up to your girlfriend and tell her she doesn't have the facial features of Angelina Jolie, the talent (and boobs!) of Jewel, or the sexuality of Monica Bellucci. or, conversely, no matter what she looks like you can tell her she is way more attractive than Sandra Bernhard!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

12. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2005, 00:36 tron

Different beasts. It's like shouting "DAWN OF WAR IS BETTER THAN FALLOUT!" from the rooftops.

you make a good point. just compare every game you like to... say, Daikatana. "Dude, Madden 2005 is WAY better than Daikatana!"

and if you hate it, just compare it to the classics! "DS 2 just doesn't have the strategy of Star Craft, the graphics of HL2, the storytelling of BG, or the replayability of Pac Man... which is why i am totally justified in saying it sucks!"

hell, lets apply this to every area of life! go up to your girlfriend and tell her she doesn't have the facial features of Angelina Jolie, the talent (and boobs!) of Jewel, or the sexuality of Monica Bellucci. or, conversely, no matter what she looks like you can tell her she is way more attractive than Sandra Bernhard!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

11. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2005, 00:36 tron

you make a good point. just compare every game you like to... say, Daikatana. "Dude, Madden 2005 is WAY better than Daikatana!"

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

87. very happy with this Aug 4, 2005, 19:00 tron

well, i was a bit nervous after reading so many bad comments about this demo, but after spending a few hours playing i can say that it is much better than i had hoped. i love the fact that all the dialogue is spoken, the graphics aren't nearly as bad as people have said they are, the audio is as superb as in the original, the gameplay is slightly more complex (thankfully), there are a lot more options, quests, NPCs, and places to explore... it's like the original on steriods, and even more highly polished.

if the full game maintains this level of gameplay and story telling, then kudos to all at GPG for a sequel that outshines the original!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

73. Re: Is this any.. Aug 3, 2005, 23:45 tron

Man, you clo...

hey! who you callin' a clo? huh? do i look like a clo to you?!?

i wish i could play the demo myself and see what i think, but my first d/l attempt seems to have gained me a currupt file. oh well, nothing another 3 hour download can't fix!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

68. Re: Yay For Demos Aug 3, 2005, 21:05 tron

It reminds me of the old Diablo clone, Darkstone.

i loved that game. i thought i was the only person who ever played it though...

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 21:21.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

64. Re: confirmed Aug 3, 2005, 20:32 tron

So it's just like DS1, clown

thanks for confirming that for me. the part about how you are obnoxiously rude to people you have never met for no reason at all.

if you hate this game so much, why did you play DS 1 all the way through?

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

50. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2005, 18:47 tron

You youngun's. ;-) The foundation of computer RPG games are Ultima, Wizardry, The Bard's Tale, Wasteland, and Might and Magic.

don't foget about the original Zork, and the venerable 2600 classic: Adventure.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

27. Re: Is this any.. Aug 3, 2005, 15:35 tron

When he said clown, I'm sure he meant it in a nice way.

ohhhhh... man, do i feel stupid! i thought he was being mean, but he was actually complimenting me. gosh.. i am sorry!

Not "Some jerk who I think is a dumbass, because he likes something I don't". Actually he probably did mean that.

I on the other hand will wait to pass judgment on you till I've actually tried it

that is pretty much what i meant. ray says he played the demo and hated it. i can respect that. but all those who insult and belittle something that they have never even experienced... well, i just don't get it.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

22. Re: Is this any.. Aug 3, 2005, 15:16 tron

as some clown mentioned earlier

i guess i'm a "clown"...? wtf?

nice to meet you too.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

18. why the bad comments? Aug 3, 2005, 15:09 tron

i don't get why everyone thinks this game is going to be just like the original DS. if you read any of the previews at all you'll know that they have made a lot of significant changes based on community feedback from the original. chris taylor himself said that this is the most polished title he has ever been involved with (ok, ok, it could be mere PR hype, but what if he means it?).

i am looking forward to this game, as i found the original to be fun and atmospheric, despite the fact that the story was thin, and the strategy weak. the graphics and audio were spectacular and the gameplay was simplistic yet addictive.

now all i have to do is wait 6 more hours for my 68kps d/l to finish...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > D&D Online Alpha Begins
31. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 23:17 tron

You said it yourself. 10 year old kids are playing GTA. GTA was already labeled M for Mature (17 and older). They already shouldn't be playing it, but they do and will continue to, even after it's labeled AO. Labels mean jack squat.

*my* 10-yr. old (if i had one) wouldn't be playing GTA, because i would see the AO (or M) rating, look up the game on the 'net and check out why it was rated that way.

granted, many parents don't bother with that - but many do. it's all about giving *responsible* parents a tool to help them decide what their children can and cannot experience.

there isn't a damn thing you can do about the parent too dumb to see what their kid is doing. i mean c'mon - wtf does a parent think when they see the title "Grand Theft Auto"? however, i am all about giving good parents tools to help them be aware of what kind of content is contained within a particular medium.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > D&D Online Alpha Begins
18. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 14:39 tron

Let us not forget Custer's Revenge for the good ol' Atari.

let us also not forget that that game was clearly labeled as "Adults Only". that is the whole GTA:SA uproar, isn't it? that they want to change the rating from "M" to "Adults Only".

The object of the game to run as fast as you could to rape indian women tied to poles. Seriously.

yeah. that is sick.

Now imagine the shit that a game like that would cause today.

well, if it was for adults only, i don't think anyone would care. have you taken a look at what is available out there right now that no one ever talks about. plenty of far sicker stuff than what was in "custer".

a good part of the problem with GTA is that so many kids (i mean 10 year old kids) are playing that game. the thing should be labeled as "Adults Only" even without the hot coffee mod, based on the violent content alone. stick the damn label on it so parents can be aware, and then let the parents raise their kids. but, there is the real problem, isn't it? not all parents are raising their kids. many of them let TV and video games do that for them.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 14:42.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Monday Mobilization
3. Re: Doom port Aug 1, 2005, 11:11 tron

wtf? the article says "DOOM ported...", but when you go to the download page for the file, it is actually Wolfenstein, not DOOM that they have ported: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/277/27767.html

talk about lousy reporting!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
5. No subject Jul 31, 2005, 00:48 tron

Try on Gap jeans, get jeans that have already been tried on?

good one!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: No subject Jul 28, 2005, 22:21 tron

I wish we could pretend you didn't exist. ZING!

best post ever.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Postage paid envelopes Jul 27, 2005, 11:50 tron

The housework bill is absurd... $500k for 5.5 years of marraige? Uh... no. Rebill that at minimum wage. Doesn't sound like the husband is a prize, but she's not entirely there either

she itemized the bill and came up with $500,000 to make a point. she said she'll settle for $30,000.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > DOOM Movie Mania
13. Re: Zzzzzz... Jul 27, 2005, 11:30 tron

Without the whole portal from Hell theme, it's just not DOOM.

damn right, it isn't. but, they had to remove any "Christian" elements from the film so they didn't alienate aetheists or those of a different belief system. you'd think that after Passion of the Christ pulled in over $300M, it might let people know that Christian themes won't stop people from viewing a film - if it is a *good* movie!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

845 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo