Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 846 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cyan Turnaround
20. Re: No subject Sep 30, 2005, 11:35 tron

Maybe they can give the Myst series a proper ending

Myst V was the end. that is the last game about Atrus and his family.

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
12. contest Sep 29, 2005, 23:15 tron

Ray,

thought you might be interested in this:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/contest07.html

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Cyan Turnaround
14. new IP Sep 29, 2005, 23:05 tron

according to a video interview with Rand that i saw, they have 2 new IP's that they are working on. one is a bit darker than Myst, and the other is supposed to be very humorous and makes use of guns "but not in the way you might expect".

he was very vague didn't say much more than that, but he made it pretty clear that they were done with the myst francise (at least for now, and if they ever do revisit it, it will not deal with the same family/events), and ready and excited to go in new directions.

unless today's news contradicts what he talked about in that interview.

This comment was edited on Sep 30, 00:04.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Gold - Space Hack
21. Re: Graphics Sep 29, 2005, 18:26 tron

got it for $35 at BB (matched a Fry's ad). That isn't bad at all

me too warhawk.. bought it at BB for $49, went back 2 weeks later when circuit city had it for $35 and got my $15 back...

and i still don't get all the bashing DSII gets. it had a good (well, decent, for a video game) story, and the gameplay, graphics, and sound were all better than in the original. i got a good 50+ hours of quality gameplay for my $35. that works out to $0.70 per hour of play. most movies cost $4 per hour.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 18:27.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. No subject Sep 29, 2005, 11:39 tron

On this day in 1954 Willie Mays made one of the most memorable catches in World series history

like Cleveland sports fans haven't suffered enough without being constantly reminded of these types of things! sheesh...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

85. Re: logitech speakers Sep 27, 2005, 17:20 tron

skip the first two? blasphemer! besdies, i never actually finished Riven... i need the whole story man! i mean, c'mon - i'm even re-reading the books for cryin-out-loud! plus, you can complete Riven in 4 hours with a guide (or so i have heard) so that is no big deal.
blaspheme! i love that word!
btw, who is telling me to skip a game or two, and then going on to insist that they *must* finish a game they hate?? hmmmm....?

off to install Myst III and IV, so that tomorrow will go more smoothly!
oh thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 17:30.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

82. Re: logitech speakers Sep 27, 2005, 16:05 tron

actually, i don't have to cancel my other M3 purchases, they're both "extras". one comes with the Myst 10th Anniversary edition (the Myst, Riven, Myst III DVD set), and one comes with Myst IV.

i am starting to go nutso here. i have now received Myst IV and the Riven Strat Guide, but STILL WAITING on Myst and Riven. i want to replay them before i begin my Autumn 2005 Myst-A-Thon. with any luck they will arrive tomorrow in conjunction with my speakers and audigy card!
and don't think i'm not getting your 53cr37 t3xt!

just go play the damn NWN campaigns already! the original game is okay, and addicitive if you search each barrel and crate for mad l00t! the first expension dispenses with the billions of searchable crates and barrels and adds in a bit more story. the second expansion is excellent. unfortunately, about a year or two ago i got 95% through it (2nd exp.) and then for some reason got sidetracked and never finished. now i'd have to replay it all just to remember what was going on.
going slowly mad waiting for Myst and Riven to arriven alreadyn!

thanks again for everything Ray - you are the an excellent human being!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

80. Re: logitech speakers Sep 27, 2005, 15:27 tron

ray to the rescue!

cool... i have it in my gogamer cart right now, just wanna think about it for a bit before i click on "buy". $28 and i'd be getting the ST, the Strat Guide, and <sarcasm> (giggles with excitement) </sarcasm> a pewter figurine! heck, i could then place my extra game CDs up for sale on half.com...

aren't you going to get the Myst V CE? it's $49.99 at best buy if you have a reward zone card. the lithograph it comes with is actually pretty cool (i may actually frame and display it), and it includes the soundtrack and a lame "making of" DVD (which is all of 20 minutes long), and a mini (4-1/4" x 6") Prima strat guide (with all puzzle solutions).

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

77. Re: logitech speakers Sep 27, 2005, 15:10 tron

doh! you're right, the Myst IV ST is fairly priced, it's the M3 and Uru ST that are expensive and hard to get. but hey! where can i get the M3 CE cheaper? so far i have only see it for $7 (if no one bids on it), but that is with $20 shipping from England. still, cheaper than $50 i guess... did you see it for a decent price anywhere??  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

73. Re: logitech speakers Sep 27, 2005, 14:24 tron

ray,

of *course* i'm going to play them all in order! sheesh... like i'm not anal about that sort of thing! that's why i went back and bought them all and have had Myst V sitting unplayed on my PC since last week! i was thinking of playing Uru either after IV or V. does it make a difference? as far as story goes, i mean...

i have heard your rants about Fahrenheit, and if money wasn't an issue at the moment i'd be buying it in a second. an "interactive movie game" is what i have been hoping for since i bought my first pentium machine back in 1996. this game will find its way to my HDD eventually.

i hear what you're saying about SS2. my complaint was that it seemed waaaay too short and was mostly eye-candy. where are the sprawling levels? the secret areas? what about a sense of exploration? they all felt missing. i'll probably pick up the full game anyway, just not as soon as i had originally planned.

no biggie about the Myst III slip... it comes bundled with the "Complete Myst" set i bought anyway. i may end up with 2 copies of Exile because of it, but not at any additional cost to me.

SO! i'm not the only one who can relax to the soundtracks! i use them as ambient sound quite a bit. i also like to watch them in conjunction with G-Force Gold. I still need to get the STs for III and IV. both are rare, expensive, and tough to find in the US (even online). that's what i get for leaving the Myst universe for so long...

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 14:26.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

54. Re: logitech speakers Sep 26, 2005, 23:59 tron

thanks bunko and ray... for some reason reading 50+ reviews from strangers just isn't the same as hearing some of you forum regulars give them a good word.

and ray, i'm sure that i will have my issues with the sound quality to an extent - what i was trying to find out was if these were just mediocre speakers that got lots of good reviews because they are cheap, or if they are actually decent. i'd *love* to dump $300 into some quality speakers, but i'm flat broke and this is the best i can do right now. besides, i have my 750-watt JBL surround set-up on my home theater when i need to hear quality audio! but, if money was good, i'd be buying this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121120

by the way, ray, i have purchased the Myst, Riven, Myst III Exile DVD set; Myst IV DVD; Uru Complete Chronicles; the Myst V EoA limited edition; the Riven hint book; and the Riven soundtrack (already have the Myst ST). gotta love ebay and half.com! though so far only the Riven hint book has arrived... =(
hoping the games will sound fantastic with my new speakers and my Audigy2 ZS card, arriving soon as well!

well, here's hoping the CoD2 demo is better than the SS2 demo... off i go to see...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

40. Re: logitech speakers Sep 26, 2005, 17:04 tron

I can't speak for those speakers, but I do have the Logitech Z-680s and swear by them. I'm gonna agree with Creston though...any 5.1 setup for under $50 is probably pretty suspect

yeah, it does seem too cheap for 5.1, but right now i only have Creative Labs 4.1 speakers that put out 48 watts total. that set-up puts out 70 watts along with what appears to be the same tech specs as my current CLs. and they have a 5-star rating out of 322 reviews on newegg...

just wondered if anyone here had actually heard them or used them and had a comment... but it looks like no one has. guess i'll dive in blind and see how it turns out, i just ordered myself a set of 5.1 Logitech X-530 speakers for $46.75!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

12. Re: Dawn of War Winter Assault Sep 26, 2005, 12:05 tron

Oh, you can interact?

you can click on his various part and drag (or fling!) him around! try it, you'll like it!

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 12:05.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

10. logitech speakers Sep 26, 2005, 12:02 tron

does anyone here use these speakers?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121118

if so, what do you think of them?

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

8. Re: Dawn of War Winter Assault Sep 26, 2005, 11:58 tron

I'm going to email the guy and ask him to add a depth meter to it. Imagine how addictive this thing gets if you get the depth in feet that he falls? We'd be forever trying to break each other's records.

but since it is interactive and need never end if you choose to interact, we could leave it run and get scores "to infinity and beyond!"

but, i agree that it would make an addicitve website even more addicitive...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

40. Re: Actually... Sep 22, 2005, 16:27 tron

And the very next day those videos ended up on fetish websites the world over!

mmmmmmm.... cow excretions...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

16. Re: hot summers Sep 22, 2005, 13:15 tron

warhawk to the rescue...

concise and precise. i agree 100%.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

9. No subject Sep 22, 2005, 11:24 tron

So it's so long to summer 05, one of the hottest I can recall in some time.

here in Cleveland we just had what was the second or third hottest summer in our recorded history - to follow up on a winter that featured the most snowfall in our recorded history.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Myst V: End of Ages
7. Re: and then there were two Sep 21, 2005, 03:29 tron

uru expansion(s): gotcha! it looks like they had some extra content lying around and decided to publish it rather than scrap it. from the reviews i have read, if you get the "complete" edition, you don't even know when you are playing in the expansion content vs. original game content, so at least it's integrated. i'll probably grab this as well, based on your input.

myst III: glad to hear that... i hope it's easier than Riven, because the strategy guide for III is apparently rare or something, and the cheapest price i have found online for a used copy is $40! anyone have a copy of it lying around they would be willing to sell for a reasonable price?

well, looks like Cyan is about to get a big chunk of my money. but considering i can get Myst, Riven, Myst III, Myst IV, and Myst Uru for around $50 total, that's a lot of gameplay on the dollar!

btw, did you complete Myst IV without a guide or help? the reviews i read seem to think that IV was a bit obtuse at times as well....

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Serious Sam II Demo Tomorrow
27. Re: okay Sep 21, 2005, 02:56 tron

I've never ever ever heard anyone say they liked the Quake 2 single player game

you're kidding, right? were you a PC gamer back in 1997? my crappy little website used to average over 200 hits per day and that was just for user made add-on single player Q2 maps.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

846 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo