Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for walter westinghouse

Real Name walter westinghouse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tron
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description a blue, glowing, computer-simulated entity
Homepage http://www.3dgamersedge.com
Signed On Dec 5, 2002, 04:35
Total Comments 846 (Graduate)
User ID 15445

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: Oh come on guys Oct 13, 2005, 11:44 tron

I think I will wait for it to come out on video. And then not rent it.

i got nothing to add - but i just have to say, rist3903 - that is freakin hilarious!

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam II
60. Re: false announcement Oct 12, 2005, 22:02 tron

Man Tron 2.0 was a cool game. It wasn't a very GOOD game

BINGO! well said. i've never heard TRON 2.0 summed up quite so well. it had it's moments, but overall it was a fairly standard FPS, no better or worse than games like Red Faction, or RtCW. but, it was *really* cool. the music, the "inside jokes" for the tech savvy player, and some of the level design (like the internet city hub, or the one with the giant firewall rings) was extremely stylish. there will likely never be another one, though. buena vista interactive totally screwed their fans by releasing the game in a buggy state, not utilising the multiplayer properly, releasing a confusing string of idiotic patches (the best patch for the game came from the fans, who dissected the official patches and made an "uber patch" out of them), and then after pissing everyone off - they removed the official website for the game! unless someone else buys the rights to the TRON world, i expect that we'll never see another game in that universe. sadly, the new movie never arrived either...

DOOM3 did get a demo, a month or two after release...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

57. Re: false announcement Oct 12, 2005, 11:22 tron

Tron, I had that exact problem with the demo, and I'm assuming it's still in the retail version

that's good to hear... i've been sitting here thinking that i'm the only guy in the world who has SS2 running wonky for me. if there are others, then a fix will likely surface in the near future...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Into the Black
5. The Package Oct 12, 2005, 02:21 tron

cool game!  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

43. Re: First Impressions Oct 11, 2005, 21:15 tron

yeah, i installed the patch before i even ran the game for the first time...  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

39. Re: false announcement Oct 11, 2005, 19:57 tron

First impressions?

-=(after playing the first three levels)=-

the very first thing i noticed is that there are some serious (pun intended) synch problems during the cinematics. the speech portion of the cins ends about 1/2 way through the video - no exaggeration. it is so far out-of-synch that i can't help but wonder if i am the only one with this problem... if it was common, surely they would have caught it???

the action is building up *very* slowly on [normal] difficulty

levels are bigger than the demo led me to believe

the game has the same "floaty" feel that the demo possessed - but the original SS games did not

there is the same overabundance of secrets (which i love) from the originals, and they are also sometimes as difficult/obtuse to find as in the originals (which i do not love)

the weapons are so-so. if you played the demo, you'll already know that they just don't live up to the original game. they seem cartoony, and less visceral. and why is the circular saw weapon referred to as a chainsaw??? there is no chain!

the game is a bit buggy. on the first map there was a severely filckering texture near the base of a waterfall, and while riding the Dino i managed to get "behind" the geometry of the level and ran around behind the scnese for a while. the funny thing was that it was difficult to get back in to the regular part of the map, because clip brushes kept me trapped there until i exited the exact way i entered...

level end-points are sometimes difficult to see coming, and it sucks when the "loading" screen pops up when you aren't finished exploring the map you are on...

it is fun though, and it runs pretty smoothly on my system. i'm only three levels in, so i'm going to wait a while longer before i pass any kind of judgement on the game.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 19:58.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

34. Re: false announcement Oct 11, 2005, 17:31 tron

well, if you are in the cleveland area, my local best buy just got the games and hasn't put them on the shelf yet - but if you ask they'll dig a copy out for you...

getting ready to install!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

22. false announcement Oct 11, 2005, 15:16 tron

why would they announce this? the game isn't available in any Cleveland area stores that i can locate. i have called or visited 6 places and no one has it.

and judging by the rest of the comments, this problem isn't isolated to my part of the country...

it seems to me that i remember back when games would appear in the store a day or two before we expected them. but over the last few years they seem to either just make the announced date, or, as in this case, miss it altogether.

what gives?

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. dumb humor Oct 9, 2005, 11:29 tron

non sequitur

hilarious.

so being Christian makes one automatically closed-minded? i think not.

but hey, thanks for helping me feel the division, blue.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

6. serenity Oct 8, 2005, 15:35 tron

First Nine Minutes of Serenity

well, any doubts i had about seeing this have just been erased...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

23. Re: Columbus Ohio Oct 6, 2005, 16:54 tron

What if the groceries give their consent and are of legal age?

"back in the day" i had a buddy who swore that cutting a hole in a watermelon was as good as a real GF... to this day i'm not sure if he was kidding or not...

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

14. Re: Columbus Ohio Oct 6, 2005, 14:38 tron

tulsa? didn't know it was *that* hot. it gets fairly hot here in the summer, and the humidity can be bad at times as well... but up here the summers don't often go above 90 degrees, and the humidity can get up to 60-80%. we usually get a couple weeks of 90-95 degrees with high humidity a year... otherwise it tends to stay at around 75-85 with moderate humidity.

the autumns here are awesome. they start in october and can last through mid-november in a good year. and there are lots of rolling hills and great fall colors down in southern ohio.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

10. Re: Columbus Ohio Oct 6, 2005, 13:34 tron

creston,

i haven't been to columbus is several years - so my knowledge is a bit out-of-date a bit, but i am a life-long clevelander so i've always been nearby and have visited there a few times. the city itself has been growing rapidly over the last decade. i know of a few friends (and friends of friends) who have moved down there for work and they all enjoyed it and have stayed for years and years.

if you are an outdoorsy person, columbus is within an hour or two (depending what part of columbus you are in) from Hocking Hills State Park, which is definitely the best park in ohio in terms of natural beauty and hiking trails. here's a link: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/hocking.htm

columbus is the third largest city in ohio. you'll be about 2-3 hours from downtown cleveland, and 1-2 hours from cincy. it has a *very* large gay population (some sections of the city entirely gay - rainbow stickers in all the store windows for a few blocks, etc.) so depending on your personal preferences, you might want to keep that in mind before you sign a lease.

during my last visit there, which like i said was a while ago, i found the city to be cleaner than average, and the people to be typical ohioans for the most part (ever watch the drew carey show? that sums up the typical clevelander pretty well, and columbus isn't much different). i don't know where you live now, but be aware the we get a decent amount of snow around here. last year cleveland had over 110" (though that was the snowiest ever recorded) and we typically get at least 50" a year.

any questions?

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 13:37.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

34. Re: Alchemy in the desert Oct 5, 2005, 16:17 tron

if i'm not mistaken, doesn't the word Alchemy specifically refer to the mythical process of turning lead into gold?  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Into the Black
4. new gamespot Oct 5, 2005, 02:44 tron

anybody else check out the new gamespot.com design? i'm still exploring it, but so far i'd have to say that it is awesome. it looks much better, is easier to navigate, and has some cool new features...  
- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Gold - Quake 4
134. Re: Looking forward to it. Oct 4, 2005, 17:13 tron

Thinking Doom 3 had polished graphics, but no soul or character

i gotta disagree with you there. maybe it's because i'm a Christian, but to me, the idea of going down into hell and battling demons and lucifer jr. (bertruger) was great. i totally got into the slow-paced dark and creepy gameplay. the atmosphere of the increasingly damaged and vandalized high-tech labs was awesome, and the locations were mostly logical and believeable (in terms of design, layout). i took the time to read all of the PDAs, back-up and shut-down all of the PCs i found, and i looked for (and i believe i found) every last secret or out-of-the-way area in the game. to me it came acrosss as a true-to-life abandoned facility that was being overrun by creatures from hell, and i enjoyed my role of stopping the invasion.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

91. Re: Can't wait Oct 4, 2005, 10:37 tron

Btw, is Quake Wars sold as a seperate game?

yep, seperate game.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

89. Re: w00t! Oct 4, 2005, 10:27 tron

All in all, I think it's good they talked about it. I think it really piqued people's interest and showed that Quake 4 does have a huge story

i'm sure it was good to help sway people who were on the fence... but for a guy like me who is going to buy it regardless... well, it was just a major spoiler!

plus, it has me worried to an extent. ever since they mentioned it, i can't help but wonder if Q4 is an all action game with the 'stroggification' thrown into the middle just to change things up.

i'm sure it'll be a fun game, no matter what... but here's hoping for some decent story telling all through the game.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

19. w00t! Oct 3, 2005, 23:23 tron

looking forward to this. if it is at least as good (but hopefully better) than D3, i'll be pleased. raven hasn't disappointed me yet.

what i'm looking for most of all is the story. the previews make it seem like to put some effort into that part of the game ( though i wish they hadn't spoiled the whole "strogification" thing ). if it has a good story, cool architecture, tough action, and makes me feel like i'm back on Stroggos - i'll be a happy gamer!

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

News Comments > Cyan Turnaround
24. Re: No subject Oct 1, 2005, 02:08 tron

Yeah, hence the name, "End of Ages"

yep. tough one, there. guess you'd have to be some kind of puzzle-solving fool to figure that one out.

- tron -
---
-from the Tron 2.0 box

846 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo