Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 865 (Graduate)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

PC Gaming > Blues News Top 3 PC Games of All Time
10. No subject Jul 12, 2010, 18:46 Yifes

Limiting things to just 3 is pretty damn hard.

Also, I'd like to note that Top 3 PC games of all time should be different from your personal favorite 3 games of all time. The top 3 should be measured by how groundbreaking and influential a game is.

For example, while my favorite game of all time is probably X-COM, I would not list it amongst the Top 3 PC games of all time. And while I would not say DOOM is a personal favorite, it definitely belongs on any list of top PC games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Upgrades Preview
9. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 18:03 Yifes

Hunh? There is a ship you can walk around? Sounds weird...what else happens on this ship? Dialogue? Story development? Does it look like a level like any other so you're directing a little unit around the ship from above?

hmmm i've heard that before...where did i hear that...oh yeah that is the sales pitch for why this game is cutting so much content that players expected to be in the game.

The upgrades and the new single player campaign gameplay have been known for like a year now. This is just official website being updated.

You don't even know what's going to be in the game, yet you still think that "so much" content is being cut. Nice. I love the ignorance that let people who don't know shit about a game make up shit to support their retarded opinions. Way to believe that real id, facebook are being forced onto players (Hint: they're not), or complain about weird pricing schemes (which effectively make the game cheaper for poorer places like south america. It doesn't even affect you).

But hey, why bother paying attention to what they're really doing when you can just make shit up and bitch about how you imagine Blizzard is ripping people off?

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2010, 18:33.

News Comments > Blizzard Relents on Real ID
35. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 10, 2010, 01:51 Yifes

Of all the games out there only the MMO is designed to a) never end and b) take as much player time as possible to accomplish anything. That's the whole point. You keep playing, you keep paying.

So spending 10 hours "accomplishing" something in a single player game, or spending 10 hours playing a multiplayer game like team fortress 2 is somehow more objectively and intrinsicly worthy than spending 10 hours in an MMO? Only if the whole reason you play a game is to rack up "achievements".

"Hey guys, I beat Mass Effect on Super Ultra difficulty for both alignments and got all the unlocks! Unlike playing a MMO, I so did NOT waste my time LOLOL" or "I reached lvl 70 in modern warfare 2 with a k/d ratio of 2.5. This makes me a valuable member of society, unlike those MMO nerds who are wasting their lives!" Rolleyes

If you play games for entertainment, as long as you're having fun, i don't see how one genre of gaming is superior than another.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2010, 02:10.

News Comments > Blizzard Relents on Real ID
32. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 10, 2010, 01:31 Yifes

yeah, right after she taught me not to waste my life grinding out level 78 on alt #4 in The Latest MMO That Will Be Different From The Rest. mice in a maze.

People play MMOs for the multiplayer aspects. You're an idiot if you think that spending time playing MMO's is a waste but playing games from another genre somehow isn't a similar waste.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2010, 01:41.

News Comments > THQ: Warhammer 40K MMOG "Going to be a Masterpiece"
4. Re: THQ: Warhammer 40K MMOG Jul 1, 2010, 23:07 Yifes

They'll get a million. Whether they can keep a million for more than the first free month is the real question.  

News Comments > Pro StarCraft II LAN Follow-up
8. Re: Pro StarCraft II LAN Follow-up Jun 27, 2010, 00:55 Yifes

How many of you "fans" actually bought Brood War? Let me guess:

QFT. Blizzard has already said that they will be adding LAN functionality for tournaments. Small scale LAN's won't be affect at all since you can easily get internet access for a small group. The only problem this poses is that it might be difficult for medium sized LAN gatherings to get Blizzard approval, and even that is speculation since we don't know any details.

The only people this really hurts are those casual pirates who like to pass cracked LAN copies of the game around, and pirates can go fuck themselves.

And if you won't buy a game just because you can't play it on the rare occasion where you're at a LAN without internet access and without tournament functionality, then good for you. I'm sure Blizzard will miss your support as much as Activision misses those COD:MW2 boycotters.

News Comments > StarCraft II Website
11. Re: StarCraft II Website Jun 22, 2010, 17:42 Yifes

I agree with the mindset saying Blizzard has sold out to the corporate culture.

No LAN support = sold out to corporate culture?

Blizzard have been bought and sold again and again since 1994, and no, they haven't suddenly sold out with SC2.

News Comments > Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer
30. Re: Severely dissapointed... Jun 18, 2010, 00:24 Yifes

Grounded wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 19:33:

While I really want to see this be a good game, as I am a fan of the WH40K setting, I have my doubts it would successfully translate into a MMORPG.

I can see the Character Selection Screen now…

CHOOSE YOUR CLASS

# Space Marine (Ultramarine)

# Space Marine (Space Wolf)

# Space Marine (Blood Angel)

# Space Marine (Dark Angel)

# Space Marine (Other)

# Psyker (*)

# Xenos (You will be purged)

* - Note: Psykers can never advance past Level 1, because as soon as you use your powers, you will either be consumed by a demon from the warp, captured and sacrificed to feed the Emperor on the Golden Throne, or spontaneously explode.

BINGO

Bingo? Couldn't be further from the truth. With so many races in 40K, only stupidity can limit you to just space marines. Even if you're limited to just the Imperium there's enough variety to make a MMO.

News Comments > Warhammer 40K MMORPG Title, Trailer
21. Re: Severely dissapointed... Jun 17, 2010, 15:00 Yifes

This trailer is an insult to Warhammer 40k. The Warhammer 40k universe is a dark, gritty, and grimy landscape, but in this trailer it looks like a fucking cartoon. All this looks like so far is space marine expansion pack to Warhammer Online.

I just went from excited about the prospect of a Warhammer 40k MMO to dreading it.

I'm sorry that this doesn't look like the amazing art of the 40K universe, but it doesn't look like a cartoon at all. Looks like Dawn of War, but better, and that turned out to be a damn fine 40k game.

Even a 40K MMO that looked like WOW could potentially be fucking sweet. I don't know what to expect from this game, but I won't let graphics alone deter me. I just hope they don't make the same mistakes as Warhammer Online and try to do too much on release.

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2010, 15:20.

News Comments > StarCraft II Replay Feature
18. Re: StarCraft II Replay Feature Jun 14, 2010, 22:13 Yifes

Um, that's what I was talking about. Supreme Commander had a nice centralized replay sharing system on GPGnet on day 1. Likewise, from this headline it looks like SCII will not have that feature.

And what's up with the insults at me? Did I insult SCII or Blizzard? No, I just said I wouldn't buy the game until they had it implemented. I happen to like replays a lot and I would buy SCII for a nice replay sharing system.

Mybad then. When you said Supreme Commander had a nice replay system, I thought you were talking about replay function, not replay sharing.

Anyways, there are already good SC2 replay sharing sites available, like http://www.starcraft-replay.com/ and http://www.sc2rc.com/ which have rated league matches and tourney replays between top players so I don't see the point of waiting for Blizzard to implement one themselves in game via BNet.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2010, 22:20.

16. Re: StarCraft II Replay Feature Jun 14, 2010, 21:14 Yifes

Xero wrote on Jun 14, 2010, 17:34:
I have to say, as addicted to the beta as I was, when it ended, I was left feeling at odds end. The state they left the beta in right before it ended was sort of non-Blizzard like.

Beta is not over. It will be resuming in a few weeks.

Did the beta allow you to watch replays from games played in previous versions? I hope it did, but I don't see how they could make something like that happen easily.

Every patch is saved, and the beta loads up an older version of the game to watch an old replay. The system works really well, except you have to reload the game every time if you want to watch a series of games from an earlier patch.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2010, 21:20.

11. Re: StarCraft II Replay Feature Jun 14, 2010, 17:16 Yifes

*repost*  

10. Re: StarCraft II Replay Feature Jun 14, 2010, 17:13 Yifes

They see all the folks watching streams and youtube casts of games, and they don't think "great fan-base" but rather "lost revenue". Of course, since they are an amoral profit machine what would anyone expect?

Where the fuck are you getting this information? The replays will be free, just like they are now. Stop making up bullshit to feed your paranoia about greedy publishers out to screw you.

Supreme Commander has a nice replay system and it worked on day 1. I might buy SCII when the replay system works.

The replay system works great now. This is about implementing a built-in replay sharing system through BNet.

It's like half of you people don't know how to read around here and the other half just maks shit up instead of bothering to look at the article.

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 2010, 17:22.

News Comments > XCOM Trailer
37. Re: XCOM Trailer Jun 12, 2010, 14:29 Yifes

Since 1994, aside from the not nearly as good TFTD, NOTHING has been done to recapture the original X-COM design in a more modern engine.

Apoc was pretty damn good. The realtime wasn't as well implemented, but still fun. Watching a brainsucker eat your soldiers or a popper charge around the corner and decimate your squad during turn based mode was just as intense as fighting chryssalids and cyberdiscs.

Of course the tension suffers later on once you research better armor and shielding, but the game is still a worthy sequel.

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2010, 15:22.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jun 8, 2010, 23:51 Yifes

This movie is going for that Dark Knight serious action thriller vibe, but fails miserably with its lame attempts to adapt video game characters to the real world.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft CTF
17. Re: World of Warcraft CTF Jun 6, 2010, 10:13 Yifes

I'm saying I hope SWTOR is out before Cataclysm. If Blizzard doesn't make the kind of improvements I would like to see by then I'll have another MMO to play. After 5 years I'm really getting tired of WOW in general.

Are you saying SWTOR has "true" PVP?

News Comments > BlizzCon Tix on Sale
14. Re: BlizzCon Tix on Sale Jun 3, 2010, 23:59 Yifes

I wonder if the crowd will cheer all over again when they announce they will be splitting Diablo 3 into 3 iterations so their fans can buy one game for the price of 3!

$150? That's nearly enough to buy StarCraft 2, StarCraft 2: 2, and StarCraft 2: 3.

The retards strike again.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Trailer
8. Re: Alpha Protocol Trailer May 9, 2010, 21:02 Yifes

The key to maintaining stealth is apparently double fisting uzi's.  

News Comments > StarCraft II in July
29. Re: From the SC2 Beta - This game is not worth $60 May 3, 2010, 22:52 Yifes

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 3, 2010, 19:23:
Coming from somebody who has played the beta, this game is not worth $60, or enduring whatever online-only hassles are going to be attached to it.

It's really not worthy of being broken up over 3-4 years and paying at least $180 total for the 'complete' game.

I will be boycotting this, along with a few other people I know. This way, Blizzard will only make a few billion dollars off this trash!

Right, because only playing the competitive multiplayer aspect of a game that also offers a more indepth and longer campaign than the original, as well as amazing custom map editor, gives you all the knowledge to dismiss this as trash. Also, it's amazing you can forsee the release schedule, quality, and prices of the 2 future expansions. You must be like, a genius or something. Oh, how we miss the old days of PC gaming, where the internet didn't exist and games were not allowed to have more than 1 expansion pack. /sarcasm.

Your retarded boycott is great, because it'll be nice to have to deal with less idiots in the community.

This comment was edited on May 3, 2010, 23:24.

News Comments > StarCraft II in July
27. Re: StarCraft II in July May 3, 2010, 22:04 Yifes

kxmode wrote on May 3, 2010, 21:12:
PHJF wrote on May 3, 2010, 20:41:
Ever since I got beta access ~month ago I haven't touched it after the first few games.

Suffice it to say if you've never liked RTS multiplay SC2 won't change your mind. I'm sure it will have a thriving tower defense community, though.

Me too. This isn't like StarCraft 1. There's literally a global community of really awesome RTS players, who've had over 10 years to practice. It's takes about 10,000 hours to become REALLY good at something. 10K hours equals about 3 hours a day for 10 years (10,000 / (365 x 10) = 2.73972603).

Malcolm Gladwell said it best, "What's really interesting about this 10,000-hour rule is that it applies virtually everywhere. You can't become a chess grand master unless you spend 10,000 hours on practice."

StarCraft 2 is coming out about 12 years after the release of the first game. You KNOW there's thousands, if not millions who have hit this 10k rule. And the sad fact is most of them were in the beta. That's why I stopped playing Beta after 5 or 6 matches.

Absolutely not. The average skill level of a sc2 beta platinum league player is about equivalent to a D/D+ level player on ICCup (the current amateur SC1 competitive scene). Whereas the top competive players (like the top tier Julliard violinist that Gladwell describes with 10k hours+) are exceedingly rare outside of the korean pro scene and would be at least A+ level or beyond. In other words, the average platinum league SC2 player is like the bottom tier player on your local college intramural basketball team.

The skill level of the people in the beta isn't anywhere near what you're imagining. The problem is that there are no tutorials or single player campaign to familiarize yourself with the units and buildings. Trying to figure out the bare basics of how the game works in a harsh multiplayer environment is itself quite a daunting task. What you should try is to play matches with friends of your same skill level, and give each other time to familiarize yourself with the basics in a non threatening environment. Free for all insanity with friends over vent has been amazingly fun. Beyond a doubt best game of 2010.

This comment was edited on May 3, 2010, 23:35.

865 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo