Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 881 (Graduate)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > StarCraft II Pre-Downloads
88. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 16, 2010, 06:51 Yifes

you belive them ? , even after what they tried to sneak in for a couple of weeks ago , ok np .....let peps get our new games and then the deal with faceshet will show its true face , don't you think faceshet is in this deal ohh and the other third compagny , for the money? i do

Faceshet is in tha house and that meens data is on its way out were i don't want it

They didn't try to "sneak" in shit. They tried to make Real Id required to post in forums, and then they backed off. They ANNOUNCED everything that they've tried to do, long before they did it. Real ID is optional and doesn't even require facebook, so why the fuck do you think they will secretly make facebook mandatory? Stupid.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2010, 07:13.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

80. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:50 Yifes

So, Blizzard announcing that Real ID is not required = "soon realid will be the only system, no lan support, product activation and console versions of blizzard games are probably right on the horizon"? Fuck, you are a moron.

There. That's better. I've highlighted the relevant part of the post. Now it's not so difficult for you figure out that you're retarded.

Saying that "no lan support, product activation are probably right on the horizon" when they've already happened is another sign that you're a moron. It's amazing that your predictions of the future include things that have already occurred. My god you are a true oracle! Your other predictions must also be right!
This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2010, 21:06.

75. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:35 Yifes

The PC Warrior wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 20:24:
Yifes wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 20:18:
e will see how long that lasts. soon realid will be the only system, no lan support, product activation and console versions of blizzard games are probably right on the horizon. like this whole mess didnt start with actiblizzard trying to force a worthless feature on their user base.

you reinforce my view of reality that sheep are willing to kiss the corporate ass even when its paddling their own in return

I'll stop playing Blizzard games if that ever happens.

no you wont, youll be saying yes please maam, may i have more? can i pay monthly for it? you mean all of the stuff that might happen like what they tried not even a week ago? owned.

So, Blizzard announcing that Real ID is not required = "soon realid will be the only system, no lan support, product activation and console versions of blizzard games are probably right on the horizon"? Fuck, you are a moron.

72. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:18 Yifes

e will see how long that lasts. soon realid will be the only system, no lan support, product activation and console versions of blizzard games are probably right on the horizon. like this whole mess didnt start with actiblizzard trying to force a worthless feature on their user base.

you reinforce my view of reality that sheep are willing to kiss the corporate ass even when its paddling their own in return

I'll stop playing Blizzard games if that ever happens. Meanwhile you can continue your paranoid boycott. While your at it, you might as well delete your Bluesnews account, in case Blue starts selling you out to "The Man".

Yes, lets start reacting to all the bad things that could potentially happen in the future. For example, I won't go to work tomorrow since terrorists might bomb my building.

You reinforce my view of reality that there are idiots out there who truly believe that the earth is flat and the moon landing was faked.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2010, 20:23.

68. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 20:00 Yifes

as if they arent going to totally kill functionality for people that dont use their realid and facebook bs. they will get a worse experience. yeah that big deal they announced with them, that was just for fun

No. Functionality is exactly the same. You can either add people with their in game name, or you can add friends with their real id. It's the same in game.

For fucks sake, play the god damn game. It's right there. You can see for yourself instead of making up imaginary shit and then bitching about it. You people make me lose faith in humanity. This is like explaining to an idiot that the sky is blue.

66. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 19:54 Yifes

on't fool your self , They made a deal with Faceshet ,

if it won't get into the game why make a deal with them ? , and no matter what kind of implant they do , it is a faceshet deal,

they blizzard need to sell there games thats why they did a "we listen to you" as i stated i don't trust them anymore , lets just get some sellsnumber first ,
then they get back to there deal with faceshet , give peps a carrot any carrot and they will eat it

Ugh. Do you people even read Bluesnews, or are you just here to troll? NOTHING was changed with their deal with Facebook. Facebook integration was ALWAYS optional, and there were NO PLANS ever for making it anything but optional.

What people got upset about was RealID requirement for posting on Blizzard Forums. You could still play the game anonymously, but you just couldn't make forum posts. Blizzard backtracked and appologized, and now you can make forum posts anonymously.

You could ALWAYS play their games anonymously, and there were never plans to change that.

Why the fuck are people so ignorant/stupid? Oh wait, its the internet. Lets band together, make up lies, and bitch about things we don't understand!

64. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 19:47 Yifes

yeah getting upset about a game company trying to make you part of their social networking experiment is really....no wait that is fucking stupid

Yes, lets all piss ourselves over how if we don't click on the facebook integration button, we can play the game without being affected by it at all. Not clicking on a small button is so much work for me, I must bitch and whine about it ad nauseum. /sarcasm.

Your post doesn't really make sense, and I apologize if I misunderstood it and it isn't as retarded as I think it is.

61. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 19:39 Yifes

maybe not human rights , but the personal data rights

You're not fighting for personal data rights, since Real ID and facebook integration is purely optional. Getting so upset over something that you can easily avoid is utterly stupid.

58. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 19:22 Yifes

Those were not purposely left out of the original game in order to sell it at a later date. Imagine if WOW shipped with 1 character choice for chaos and one for...good guys. (or maybe 2?) Then each expansion added 1 more choice....maybe 1 more choice TOTAL, not for each side. It just seems like there is a point where you hack out the heart of the game and deliver an incomplete product.

Nothing is being "purposely" left out of the game. Did Lucas "purposely" leave out episodes 5 and 6 so that he could release movies at a later date? Does planning how many movies he was going to do beforehand make Star Wars a shitty ripoff? Starcraft 2's story was planned to span 1 game and 2 expansions, and people need to fucking stop overracting.

Also, your analogy is terrible, since the SC2 terran campaign will have 30 missions, which is as long as the Starcraft 1 campaign. If it makes you feel better, you can wait until all 3 games are released, then play 10 missions (or 1/3 of the campaign) for each race, and stop there and call that Starcraft 2. Then you can finish 10 more missions for each campaign, and call that the first expansion. Stop me when you realize how silly your argument is.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2010, 19:40.

56. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 19:20 Yifes

True, but you can either choose to stick with your own principles, or follow the braindead "it won't make a difference, so I might as well buy it anyways" motto.

If you DO buy it regardless of all the shit they pull, they'll sure as hell never change all this crap.

Principles? You're not fighting for some righteous cause like human rights here. The kind of indignity exhibited towards Blizzard's decisions is a pathetic display of how much this generation takes for granted.

Secondly, there will be work arounds to the LAN issue, or else how are they going to host offline tournaments, which is a staple of the hardcore competitive scene, of which Starcraft is a leading member?

Finally, even if there are known circumstances in which you cannot play a game, does that mean that you cannot enjoy the game at all? How much of your gaming is spent exclusively at LANs without any possibility of internet access? If you ignore a game simply because you may occasionally miss a feature, then good for you for believing in your "principles". All you're doing is engaging in a stubborn pissing contest with Blizzard in which you are ultimately the loser.

54. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 18:52 Yifes

I'm game, but the reality is more like new content 6 months to a year later, and it's laughable content in my opinion

Blizzard's expansion packs in the past - Brood War, D2:Lord of Destruction, The Frozen Throne, and their MMO expansions have always been exceptional in terms of content offered.

Story wise, I don't expect Blizzard's trilogy to rival Star Wars or LotR , but the story in Starcraft 1 was good enough for me to want to see it through to conclusion.

50. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 18:35 Yifes

why should he not comment on it ??
maybe he is angry , and disapointed at blizz ,

There's nothing wrong with criticizing something. But when you repeat the same flawed arguments that have been debunked numerous times over and over, it gets fucking annoying.

All these people do is come into a thread about SCII, shit all over it with their tired made up complaints, and leave. They're happy to bitch ad nauseum about some imaginary evil Blizzard is committing, without ever stopping to read responses and learn what Blizzard is actually doing.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2010, 18:42.

49. Re: StarCraft II Pre-Downloads Jul 15, 2010, 18:31 Yifes

those blizz games will be played through at some point , and then you are left with your personal data spread all over the internet , because that is what will happen , after they showed there true face , a deal is a deal said blizz to faceshet.

I was so looking toward this game , but i can't trust them after what happen

You realize that its all opt-in right?

News Comments > Blizzard Relents on Real ID
90. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 15, 2010, 18:10 Yifes

How would that address his issues with MMO combat exactly? You'd essentially have more people standing there engaging in the type of combat that he finds boring.

He stops standing there and farming by himself and finds other people to farm with?

You missed the point. The point is that farming is only one aspect of MMO gameplay, and is obviously the least interesting. I doubt anyone who has ever played a MMO enjoys farming. I doubt anyone view farming as anything other than a necessary evil.

81. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 12, 2010, 19:11 Yifes

I have high hopes for WH40K, but chances are it will do little if anything to break convention. My biggest gripe is how little MMO combat has changed. I want fast, visceral combat, like that of God of War or Demon's Souls. I don't want to stand there for two minutes while my little dwarf attacks every five seconds, occasionally pressing f1 to use an ability. And what's worse is the MMO convention of having enemies and player characters literally stand still trading blows. If I try to melee a fucking tiger in the African Savanna it isn't going to STAND THERE occasionally clawing me. Which brings me back to Tabula Rasa. I played it in beta and it did offer an updated combat model which was so entertaining it masked the games (many) other shortcomings, at least for a while. People said Conan had more involving combat, but I played that for a few hours and never saw anything of interest. I don't care if they have to make the game Oblivion Online, but combat needs to evolve seriously before I can take the MMO seriously.

Try doing something other than standing there and farming by yourself. They're called Massively Multiplayer Online games for a reason.

80. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 12, 2010, 19:05 Yifes

Sepharo wrote on Jul 10, 2010, 03:09:
Yifes wrote on Jul 10, 2010, 01:51:
So spending 10 hours "accomplishing" something in a single player game, or spending 10 hours playing a multiplayer game like team fortress 2 is somehow more objectively and intrinsicly worthy than spending 10 hours in an MMO?

Yes.

It's like comparing comparing an outside run to one on a treadmill.

Shitastic analogy. Both running on a treadmill and running outside have their pros and cons, and they both improve your overall health. If you play games to make you feel like you've done something productive, then that's pretty fucking pathetic.

PC Gaming > Blues News Top 3 PC Games of All Time
10. No subject Jul 12, 2010, 18:46 Yifes

Limiting things to just 3 is pretty damn hard.

Also, I'd like to note that Top 3 PC games of all time should be different from your personal favorite 3 games of all time. The top 3 should be measured by how groundbreaking and influential a game is.

For example, while my favorite game of all time is probably X-COM, I would not list it amongst the Top 3 PC games of all time. And while I would not say DOOM is a personal favorite, it definitely belongs on any list of top PC games.

News Comments > StarCraft II Upgrades Preview
9. Re: StarCraft II Upgrades Preview Jul 12, 2010, 18:03 Yifes

Hunh? There is a ship you can walk around? Sounds weird...what else happens on this ship? Dialogue? Story development? Does it look like a level like any other so you're directing a little unit around the ship from above?

hmmm i've heard that before...where did i hear that...oh yeah that is the sales pitch for why this game is cutting so much content that players expected to be in the game.

The upgrades and the new single player campaign gameplay have been known for like a year now. This is just official website being updated.

You don't even know what's going to be in the game, yet you still think that "so much" content is being cut. Nice. I love the ignorance that let people who don't know shit about a game make up shit to support their retarded opinions. Way to believe that real id, facebook are being forced onto players (Hint: they're not), or complain about weird pricing schemes (which effectively make the game cheaper for poorer places like south america. It doesn't even affect you).

But hey, why bother paying attention to what they're really doing when you can just make shit up and bitch about how you imagine Blizzard is ripping people off?

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2010, 18:33.

35. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 10, 2010, 01:51 Yifes

Of all the games out there only the MMO is designed to a) never end and b) take as much player time as possible to accomplish anything. That's the whole point. You keep playing, you keep paying.

So spending 10 hours "accomplishing" something in a single player game, or spending 10 hours playing a multiplayer game like team fortress 2 is somehow more objectively and intrinsicly worthy than spending 10 hours in an MMO? Only if the whole reason you play a game is to rack up "achievements".

"Hey guys, I beat Mass Effect on Super Ultra difficulty for both alignments and got all the unlocks! Unlike playing a MMO, I so did NOT waste my time LOLOL" or "I reached lvl 70 in modern warfare 2 with a k/d ratio of 2.5. This makes me a valuable member of society, unlike those MMO nerds who are wasting their lives!" Rolleyes

If you play games for entertainment, as long as you're having fun, i don't see how one genre of gaming is superior than another.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2010, 02:10.

32. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 10, 2010, 01:31 Yifes

yeah, right after she taught me not to waste my life grinding out level 78 on alt #4 in The Latest MMO That Will Be Different From The Rest. mice in a maze.

People play MMOs for the multiplayer aspects. You're an idiot if you think that spending time playing MMO's is a waste but playing games from another genre somehow isn't a similar waste.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2010, 01:41.

881 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo