Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 884 (Graduate)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > DOTA 2 Announced
31. Re: DOTA 2 Announced Oct 14, 2010, 08:35 Yifes

They(the other owners) initiated the lawsuit in the first place dude.

Actually Valve first sent a cease and desist to S2 for using DotA characters in HoN. The lawsuit with Riot games is separate. Also, does it matter who sues who first? Valve is being the assholes here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: DOTA 2 Announced Oct 13, 2010, 16:04 Yifes

PHJF wrote on Oct 13, 2010, 15:52:
That is exactly what they did with Counter-Strike.

No. Both creators of Counterstrike, Minh Le and Jess Cliffe, were hired by Valve. Like I said, DotA isn't like all of Valve's other acquisitions. There is no core dev team for DotA that Valve can just buy out.

Also, these articles claim that Icefrog was working for S2, makers of HoN (another DotA clone) for years, meaning that S2 may own the rights to some of DotA's heroes:

http://icefrogtruth.blogspot.com/
http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=159905

10. Re: DOTA 2 Announced Oct 13, 2010, 14:45 Yifes

Is anyone else pissed off at Valve for doing this? DotA isn't like Teamfortress, or DoD, or Portal, or L4D, or Alienswarm where Valve can sweep in, buy off the entire development team and the trademark along with it. Dota's a community made game, and Icefrog is merely the last of dozens of people who have contributed to the map. Hiring one guy and then laying claim to the work of others is Valve stealing from and abusing the community.

The only way this is fair is if Valve releases the game for free and does not gain ownership of the name.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2010, 15:08.

News Comments > Civilization V Patched
39. Re: Civilization V Patched Oct 2, 2010, 03:08 Yifes

Uh, yeah, after multiple patches, expansions, and fan assistance. The default AI that came with base Civ IV was much worse than the AI we've got with V.

So? Civ 4 having bad AI which they patched somehow makes Civ 5's bad AI less shitty?

No, only a handful are worth building in every city. Specialized cities are going to build the buildings that improve their specialization.

Again, only a handful are worth building. Due to poor design choices, there is a whole list of buildings that are useless/not cost effective in ANY city.

Removing extraneous game elements doesn't make a game more simplistic. It makes it less cluttered. Civ IV, as much as I enjoyed it, was very much an over-cluttered game.

That may be how you feel, but I find it ridiculous that anyone would consider things like religion, with its diplomatic and strategic implications, and synergy with certain civics, extraneous. And removing health turns resources like cattle, once important for city growth, into completely useless tiles of shit.

Oh my god, I didn't realize that they actually made the game not allow you to have everything!! Who knew they'd actually make you make strategic choices that might affect how you decide to play the game?!?

Snarky remark aside, did you even read what I wrote? You tell me how having a large empire prevents you from winning a culture victory makes any strategic sense. Good strategic games forces you to make intelligent, not arbitrary choices. This change from Civ 4 is just asinine.

Just wait until your honeymoon period with Civ 5 is over and you start noticing the giant cracks in the foundation.

This comment was edited on Oct 2, 2010, 03:28.

News Comments > Civilization V Patched
37. Re: Civilization V Patched Oct 1, 2010, 12:25 Yifes

Bhruic wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 20:16:
It's simplistic, no depth, with no real feeling to the game.
People keep saying it's "simplistic" with no evidence to back that claim up. What exactly supposedly makes it simplistic? And in what way is it more simplistic? Personally, I think that adjusting a slider is much simpler than the economic system they have now. Combat has more depth. Various resources are scarcer, requiring more strategy in planning. I don't find it more simplistic, I do find they stripped away some of the extraneous non-fun parts.

Combat may have more depth, but the AI does NOT know how to handle this new tactical warfare. At least with Civ 4 stacks the AI can brute force its way to semi-effectiveness. With war being such an important part of Civ 5, the AI having the intelligence of a vegetable does not make the game fun.

The game is also lacking from a builder's perspective. Building maintenance is so high that, despite a long list of unique buildings, only a handful are actually worth building. This is especially true given the lower production capability of your cities compared to Civ 4. Food resource bonuses only give you +1 food, which is somehow worse than riverside farms, and totally pales in comparison to the ridiculously broken and overpowered maritime state bonuses.

Some elements which were removed from the game or replaced, like religion, city health and civics make the game more simplistic. Furthermore, the design choices that they put into place instead do not work very well.

Social policies for example, depend on culture to unlock what is essentially another tech tree. However, the game punishes you for having more cities - forcing you to make the nonsensical choice of having a larger empire, or having better culture and SP's.

Is Civ 5 a bad game? No. It does a lot of great things. But I'll be shelving it until an expansion comes out and fixes this broken game.

This comment was edited on Oct 1, 2010, 12:56.

News Comments > StarCraft II Manual Patch
12. Re: StarCraft II Manual Patch Sep 25, 2010, 11:22 Yifes

Luke wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 11:14:
well to get on your track and the way you like to call peps everything from a-z because they don't like you faceshet game , " It takes a Retard to see a Retard "

While I appreciate the obvious troll, I think your skill level is ready for the more advanced, subtle art of trolling. For example, complaining about SC2 facebook integration on Bluesnews, which itself has facebook integration, is a bit too obvious. No one is THAT retarded in real life, so it's hard for people to believe that you're being serious.

But other than that simple mistake, you're doing a great job of trolling. With your dedication and persistence, I think you'll become a master troll some day. Keep up the good work!

9. Re: StarCraft II Manual Patch Sep 25, 2010, 10:48 Yifes

Selektaa wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 09:55:
Have you been taking lessons from westy over at Videosift? The angry retard trolling style really rings a bell. Really, what's anyone supposed to say to refute your comment that Starcraft II is shit? We can't objectively prove you wrong (you're wrong, btw) and you're obviously just trolling.

I think Westy has a disability, and is not trolling on purpose.

Luke wrote on Sep 25, 2010, 07:43:
so so if it aint the master of getting personal(lol you can't spell lol lol , well it seems to me you can read it so i guess it is not that bad) because you have nothing else to say , well gz to you i do know i dislike your lovely game (you may be the biggest fanboy ) who is the lowest you think , the one saying nay , or the one who only can get personal when some1 dishes a fanboys game

Hey man, I'm congratulating you on your well crafted troll post. That takes intelligence and skill. The spelling is just as bad as the content, which is a very nice touch. I can see that you're a man who cares about the little details. But be careful. Just like in Tropic Thunder, your last post kinda went full retard, and thus loses some of its charm.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 2010, 11:02.

6. Re: StarCraft II Manual Patch Sep 25, 2010, 01:15 Yifes

Luke wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 20:46:
HoSpanky wrote on Sep 24, 2010, 16:36:
hooray, trolls.

Hooray Fanboys , just because i don't like your facebook compagni game does not meen i am a troll , just like you can melt over every shet they come with , so can i say nay

i miss the old blizzard excl Faceshet

I have to applaud this excellent display of trolling. Even the spelling is a perfect mix of retard and legibility. You're a master of your craft good sir.

News Comments > PC Super Street Fighter IV in Doubt Due to Piracy
31. Re: PC Super Street Fighter IV in Doubt Due to Piracy Sep 21, 2010, 22:15 Yifes

ASeven wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 22:02:
Going to any of the popular torrent sites shows there are more downloads for the PS3 as a whole than the Xbox360, and that's saying something since the 360 download numbers were massive.

I call BS. I checked a few sites and not a single PS3 game was on the top 20 in gaming. Even massively popular recent 360 releases like Halo Reach have a tiny fraction of the numbers of older PC games.

25. Re: PC Super Street Fighter IV in Doubt Due to Piracy Sep 21, 2010, 21:55 Yifes

ASeven wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 21:50:
Yifes wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 21:45:
Jailbreaking a PS3 is easier than copying a file to a pen. Oh sorry, it's as easy as that.

So it took hackers 4 years to discover how to copy a file to a pen? If only everything is that easy.

No, it took them 4 years to write the piece of code that gets transfered to the pen.

Yeah. I'm sure millions of PS3 pirates are very happy that they'll finally be able to play that illegal copy of Resistance after all these years. The casual console crowd was just waiting by their bluray burners for piracy to become this easy. Soon, console piracy will become not only significant, but will overtake the PC.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2010, 22:02.

22. Re: PC Super Street Fighter IV in Doubt Due to Piracy Sep 21, 2010, 21:45 Yifes

Jailbreaking a PS3 is easier than copying a file to a pen. Oh sorry, it's as easy as that.

So it took hackers 4 years to discover how to copy a file to a pen? If only everything is that easy.

19. Re: PC Super Street Fighter IV in Doubt Due to Piracy Sep 21, 2010, 21:26 Yifes

Slashman wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 21:21:
NicklePop wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 21:15:
Pirates ruin everything. I agree the developers should release anyway, but the root cause is the moronically selfish PC game pirates.

Idiots, all of them.

Exactly! And we all know there is absolutely no piracy on consoles!!! Mad

Totally. Piracy on consoles is way easier than on PCs. I mean just look at how many PS3's have working mod chips. And the number of casual gamers with modded 360's is just bananas. It's not like there's the constant threat of getting caught on Xbox live and totally borking your console or anything like that.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 22:17 Yifes

There's actually mods to get around the limited unit recruitment issue.
Here's an item that allows you to buy any unit that you already have a stack of on the go for 2x the price:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=61853&postcount=1
And I believe there's another mod out there that changes the available # of units for hire to infinity.

The number of units in your army is still limited by your leadership, so it doesn't break the game at all. Personally it was much more enjoyable once I stopped worrying about being ridiculously conservative for every battle.

In any case, fantastic game and I'll probably pick up Crossworlds after I find the time to play through Armored Princess.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - King's Bounty: Crossworlds Sep 17, 2010, 17:33 Yifes

How good is this game? I have to admit the last time I played a HoM&M game was when HoMMII came out and I might go into another game of its kind if it's good enough.

I've only played the original King's Bounty: The Legend, and it is awesome. It's a lot more of a RPG than HOMM. You only control one hero, level him up, learn spells, find items, and complete quests. You can't capture castles, and don't have to worry about resource management or constructing buildings. The game itself is huge, and you can get it for very cheap off of Steam or D2D. A must buy for any fan of HOMM/Disciples or the like. Don't know about Crossworlds, but the first expansion, Armored Princess, is supposed to be very good also.

The only real issue I had with the game is that the difficulty is kind of all over the place. An easy game may become very difficult/impossible if you don't plan your build and army carefully.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2010, 17:45.

News Comments > Activison Considering Selling Cut-Scene Movies
32. Re: Activison Considering Selling Cut-Scene Movies Sep 17, 2010, 01:14 Yifes

Now we will see just how much influence Activision really has over Blizzard.  

News Comments > DNF Next Year
37. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 6, 2010, 18:29 Yifes

Verno wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 13:20:
No idea what you're talking about or how it applies to this discussion. I'm referring to footage uploaded to Youtube like 4 days ago.

The footage where Duke goes "Fuck... another puzzle" Was leaked back in April from gametrailers. The new footage is from PAX and is all a bunch of shakey cam stuff with no actual audio. Meaning that it's pretty silly to think that Gearbox would completely overhaul the fundamental shooting mechanics of the game to a cover based shooter, especially since you insist that the game is being pushed out in an "awfully fast timeframe".

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2010, 18:34.

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
18. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 6, 2010, 18:20 Yifes

HellSlayer wrote on Sep 6, 2010, 18:10:
As far as content goes, Blizzard's Diablo serious gets half or more of its storyline from the bible.

And the Bible gets half of its storyline from previous mythologies too. Like the Old Testament for example.

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
17. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 6, 2010, 18:18 Yifes

Sweet. This reminds me of the old city builder games, instead of Zeus or Pharaoh we have Jesus.  

34. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 4, 2010, 14:27 Yifes

Verno wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 21:51:
There weren't 5 hours ago when I was looking but thankfully I didn't see Duke cowering like a girl behind waist high boxes on the ones uploaded to Youtube a little bit ago. And I will admit I did laugh at "Fuck....another puzzle?".

That footage was out back in April.

31. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 3, 2010, 21:35 Yifes

Verno wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 17:18:
Care to place a wager on a cover system too?

Now don't be silly. There's already videos of the gameplay out.

884 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo