Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 865 (Graduate)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > 20 Years of Blizzard
28. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 23:00 Yifes

Real stuff though, mind you; splitting Starcraft 2 apart, dropping lan support or selling horses on Wow doesn't count.

Again, the same old retarded arguments that never held any water. Yes man, JRR Tolkien is a total dick for splitting LOTR apart into 3 books. And the same with Star Wars, and every trilogy ever made.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars II Trailers
3. Re: Guild Wars II Trailers Mar 4, 2011, 12:44 Yifes

How does Guild Wars 1 hold up these days? The trilogy is up for $30 on steam. Thinking about giving it a try until 2 comes out.  

News Comments > RIFT Launches
57. Re: RIFT Launches Mar 2, 2011, 20:02 Yifes

Drezden wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 23:53:
RVR Worked fin in WAR, to a point. The keep battles were fun... But it got tedius. I kind of like the way this is done at the moment with Quest Hub towns that can flip sides depending on who owns the Wardstone.

RvR worked fine in WAR when the two sides were relatively balanced. There were servers where the population was so one-sided that people just ignored open world pvp and stuck to the scenarios. RvR just works better with 3 or more factions.

42. Re: RIFT Launches Mar 1, 2011, 23:02 Yifes

Deepjay wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 16:26:
Whoever says Rift is not a PvP game...and moreso, that it was tacked on as an afterthought, is completely wrong. It's likely they never actually left the starting area.

Thanks for the info Deepjay and Drezden. And well said Steele Johnson. Despite how sexy Rift's renovations look, I don't know if the foundations have changed enough for me to commit. I will definitely check it out if the developers implement a RvR system, though I kinda doubt that a decent one can be made in a gameworld with only 2 factions.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2011, 23:26.

24. Re: RIFT Launches Mar 1, 2011, 16:04 Yifes

John Lovitz wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 12:53:
Its mostly a pve game. Like most MMO out now, Pvp is after thought.

Its basically the same game as wow with better graphics.

It was a bore in beta, its was just same old crap every MMO has..go here kill this, repeat in next quest over and over.

That sucks. PvP is the only dynamic and interesting part of these games. Why can't developers make it a meaningful part of a MMO experience?

6. Re: RIFT Launches Mar 1, 2011, 12:33 Yifes

Wait, so are these zone-wide events pvp related? Or does pvp mainly occur in warfronts?  

News Comments > RIFT Interview
3. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 1, 2011, 09:35 Yifes

This game looks like a prettier version of WoW, with Warhammer public quests thrown in, and a more customizable talent tree. And from the point of view of someone who's interested in PVP, grinding it out on Rift's 4 different battlegrounds just isn't that interesting. I really don't see anything that exciting here.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2011, 09:47.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Patch
6. Re: Dead Space 2 Patch Feb 26, 2011, 14:05 Yifes

the_culture wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 20:27:
As much as I'm enjoying the game, the story absolutely sucks. And giving Clarke a face and voice has been a step backwards. But the environments and "set pieces" are on a bigger scale - which I love - and the ability to maneuver around freely in zero-gav is nice too.

Absolutely disagree. NPCs talking to and reacting to a mute, expressionless player character is one of the most jarring, immersion breaking thing in gaming. It's just so unnatural hearing a one sided conversation, like eavesdropping on someone on the phone, but the person on the other end of the line is somehow supposed to be you.

And while the story was nothing spectacular, it is quite cathartic and a satisfying companion to the gameplay.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
124. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 25, 2011, 00:53 Yifes

A lot of bitching about the camera in here, but it sounds like the camera in KOTOR, and I'd consider that to be one of bioware's finest games, right behind BG2.  

News Comments > Quote of the Day
8. Re: Quote of the Day Feb 19, 2011, 01:42 Yifes

Bhruic wrote on Feb 19, 2011, 01:13:
Ah, a completely accurate quote. Games can only tell stories if you lock the character into static choices. Give the character freedom, which any decent game does, and you don't have a story any more, you have, as he says, story possibilities.

Some of the best games ever made have told great stories by limiting players to predetermined choices. I'd much rather enjoy a well scripted story than all the nebulous "story possibilities" that something like Spore provides.

Saying that games are not the right medium to tell stories is close minded, and sells the medium short. It is also an insult to all the great storytellers in the videogame industry, who do not subscribe to Wright's philosophy of What a Game Should Be.

This comment was edited on Feb 19, 2011, 01:52.

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
130. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 13, 2011, 02:05 Yifes

space captain wrote on Feb 13, 2011, 00:29:
its almost like people are looking for an excuse to take something personally - and this story is hitting all the right buttons

i had to post something on it so i can still properly fake interest in reacting to people being so heavily invested in such meaningless crap, as its becoming somewhat of a chore to appear genuine on that

thanks and FUCK YOU ASSHOLES! goddamn pirates and shit, FUCK EM! grrrrr! EA can SUCK MY BALLS! arg these devs NEED TO DIE NOW! KILL THEM! i want TO DRINK their BLOOD! and BATHE IN the juice OF their INTERNAL ORGANS!

For someone who finds this thread uninteresting and a chore to appear in, you sure post a lot.

News Comments > Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Patch
4. Re: Blood Bowl Legendary Edition Patch Feb 6, 2011, 23:17 Yifes

Who plays this game? Really... its hideous.

What? Just got the game from Impulse for $10, and it's pretty awesome. As soon as you turn off the commentator voices, that is.

News Comments > Gold - Bulletstorm
7. Re: Gold - Bulletstorm Feb 1, 2011, 22:49 Yifes

Verno wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 22:14:
The thing you are a part of? Yeah, maybe you could be more constructive. It always amusing when people from Bluesnews criticize Bluesnews, as if that elevates the level of discussion or something.

Saying that posts on a subject will be better if they included "way[s] to get developers to support the PC better" is constructive criticism. It may not elevate the discussion to your level, but it's a fuck lot better than coming here to a gone gold thread to announce that you're going to pirate the game at the first available opportunity.

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2011, 22:56.

News Comments > Blizzard Takes On Gold Sellers
19. Re: Blizzard Takes On Gold Sellers Jan 29, 2011, 13:18 Yifes

If they gave Blizzard a cut of the profits under the table they wouldn't mind.

Wrong. Many gold selling companies have attempted to make deals with Blizzard to sell gold legitimately, but have all been turned away.

You're just full of it aren't you?

News Comments > On Magicka's Bugs
14. Re: On Magicka's Bugs Jan 28, 2011, 13:59 Yifes

It always amazes me how many entirely nonsensical conspiracy theories some people here can come up with.

It's obvious that anything a company ever says is just a part of their complex overarching conspiracy to fuck you, the consumer. Stick it to the man!

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG
58. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 18, 2010, 20:32 Yifes

Slashman wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 16:22:
WoW may cover all the basics when it comes to a standard fantasy MMO, but there isn't a single outstanding thing about it that you can't find in some other game. It simply managed to put a lot of systems together and polish them up(its what Blizzard does).

And that IS the single outstanding thing about WOW that no other game comes close to, the experience as a whole. I've tried to get friends to switch to other MMOs, but they inevitably go back to WOW because other are missing certain quality features that WOW players take for granted.

News Comments > On StarCraft II in Korea
14. Re: On StarCraft II in Korea Nov 29, 2010, 17:51 Yifes

And the lack of LAN support means that you can only play SC2 on Blizzard's terms. Both things have had a big impact.

Bullshit. Korea's PC Bangs are dominated by MMO games, which have no LAN support at all. LAN is a non-issue for Korean gamers. SC2 has been an enormous success in NA and Europe, despite the lack of LAN support and BNET 2.0, and the competitive SC2 scene outside of Korea has completely eclipsed the competitive SC1 scene. The question is why has SC2 not reached the same level of success in Korea, and the answer is that Korea's RTS scene is still dominated by SC1's better (for now) gameplay.

The truth of the matter is that SK's scene wouldn't be the same without KeSPA. Blizzard may not be trying to strictly destroy competitive SC1, but they're certainly saying "our way or the highway". They won't mind destroying all the scene if they're not the ones controlling it.

The pro SC1 scene was around for years before KeSPA swooped in to create the player abusing draconian system that it is today. KeSPA wouldn't have a scene at all if Blizzard didn't make SC, so stop trying to pull that "THEY OWE IT ALL TO KESPA" garbage. The fact of the matter is that KeSPA is every bit as stubborn as Blizzard. KeSPA would rather let the pro-SC1 scene burn than to relinquish any bit of control to Blizzard. They are every bit as guilty as Blizzard for putting their own interest ahead of the fans.

I hope they keep playing SC and not SC2 in Korea. SC2 and BNET 2.0 (which is the real thing they're selling) are poisoned fruit.

This is just pure selfishness. The SC1 scene has been stagnant for years, with no growth in viewership. Esports needs to evolve beyond SC1 or it'll die a slow painful death into obscurity. Top SC1 players like Jaedong have seen that SC2 is the future, and have stated that they will one day join the likes of Boxer, July, and Nada in SC2.

This comment was edited on Nov 29, 2010, 19:47.

News Comments > On StarCraft II in Korea
11. Re: On StarCraft II in Korea Nov 28, 2010, 17:39 Yifes

Kosumo wrote on Nov 28, 2010, 15:21:
I think that there is truth to it. I also believe that all the talk of the "PRO" gaming scene in Korea is over stated too. So they had tournaments broadcast live on TV ..... have you seen some of the other programs broadcast on Asian channels? Being broadcast on TV does not make you the NFL.

1. Starcraft is not merely "broadcast on TV". There are 2 channels who's main programming is Starcraft, OnGameNet and MBCGame, and finals fill stadiums with tens of thousands of people in attendance.

2. That $1million figure is BS. Even the most popular pro gamer in history, Slayers_Boxer, only made ~$300K a year at the height of his success. Meanwhile, if you're a lower tier player, you'd be barely scraping by at below minimum wages.

3. The relative lack of success of Starcraft 2 is not due to lack of LAN support, or the shitty-ness of BNET 2.0. Considering that Korea has ubiquitous broadband access, and most gamers play in internet cafes anyways, LAN is a non-issue. The fact is Starcraft is the gold standard for RTS games in Korea, and no other RTS has ever come close to dethroning it. Starcraft 1 has 12 years of polish and 1 expansion advantage on SC2, and as it stands right now, it is simply the better game. However, SC2 is getting more popular, as its pro-scene takes off and more and more famous SC 1 players are making the transition.

4. Blizzard is not trying to destroy competitive SC1. Whats going on is not about money, but control of the IP. KeSPA feels that they created the competitive SC1 scene, and therefore should have ownership of it, which doesn't sit well with Blizzard. Its a pissing contest between two companies, and KeSPA is hardly the victim here.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2010, 17:53.

News Comments > Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark
35. Re: Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark Oct 25, 2010, 23:58 Yifes

Thatís right nin, I did. I stood by my morals and didnít let all the hype of this game or Blizzard make go out and impulse buy their mediocre craptastic game. Maybe you donít have any morals and where one of the people who was lead blindly into buying SC2.

Maybe if more people stood by their morals instead of being impulsive about buying a game that was all hype, CGI and no bark developers like Blizzard would get the point. And dont fool yourselves into thinking that blizzard made this game for americans, because they didnt.

The fact is that SC2 has the most quality, content, and replayability of any PC game released since the Orange Box. But Yeah, keep on feeding yourself whatever bullshit you need to maintain your biases and your illusion of superiority. The easiest way to hate something is to know nothing about it.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2010, 00:14.

News Comments > Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark
34. Re: Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark Oct 25, 2010, 23:52 Yifes

Warskull wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 23:07:
The original creator of DotA is long gone. That would be Eul, Guinsoo stole an unprotected copy of the map and released his own version that happened to catch on (I don't believe he credited the original creator either.) Icefrog, who now work for Valve, took over and did a great deal to fix the balance and coding of the map.

Most WC3 maps have a history of changing hands (often without consent) and people taking credit for other people's work.

Guinsoo didn't "steal" anything. Guinsoo made DOTA-Allstars, which like many DOTA variants, was based off of Eul's original DOTA (which itself was based off of Aeon of Strife). Guinsoo's version took off because he created the formula of modern DOTA (like 5 heroes per team, item recipes, etc) Icefrog took over DOTA-Allstars from Guinsoo after version 6, and later renamed DOTA-Allstars to just Dota. Sure Icefrog added a lot of content and polish to the game, but his role is arguably much less important in the creation of the MOBA gametype.

This comment was edited on Oct 26, 2010, 00:27.

865 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo