Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Yifes

Real Name Yifes   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Yifes
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 21, 2002, 00:39
Total Comments 883 (Graduate)
User ID 15316

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles
27. Re: Why Duke Nukem is Like The Beatles May 11, 2011, 17:19 Yifes

Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 11, 2011, 13:38:
Pretty much this. I never got The Beatles at all. I even recently went back and listened to a lot of their stuff to see what I just didn't get and never found it. It's just generic 60s rock with uninspired lyrics and their later stuff is just nonsensical (likely cause they were all stoned when it was written). My opinion's obviously in the minority though.

Saying they're just generic 60s rock is kind of stupid, since they basically defined what 60s rock sounded like. And 1961 Beatles sounds completely different than 1968 Beatles. Pretty much no one else, short of Elvis, has been as influential for pop music.

While you can definitely not like their music (I don't think the Mona Lisa looks very good either) you cannot deny their importance.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10
32. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 10, 2011, 16:06 Yifes

Sempai wrote on May 10, 2011, 08:09:
By all means, keep tuning the game to be a grind assholes.
Activision/Bliztard are nothing more than a husk of what once was a talented and unique development house that used to care about the games they put out.

Now it's all about the money, it's so blatantly apparent in the Cata xpac how it takes the average player months to obtain a 4pc 359 gear set while grinding out multiple factions in order to get stupid shit like shoulder and helm enchants.

Fuck you Blizzard, you fucking pieces of arrogant steamy shit. You money hungry fucking whores..for forcing the subscriber to participate in your grinding bullshit in order to obtain gear that used to take the average player a week to obtain.

I can only hope something...ANYTHING(SWTOR)come out to pull subscribers like me away from your bullshit grind.

Didn't WOW REDUCE the grind in MMOs compared to its predecessors? If you think a subscription-based themepark MMO like SWTOR isn't going to be about the gear treadmill, you are either naive or fucking retarded.

News Comments > WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10
18. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 10, 2011, 02:21 Yifes

FloorPie wrote on May 10, 2011, 01:28:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 9, 2011, 23:07:
Doombringer wrote on May 9, 2011, 22:51:
. WoW is 6 years old, you're going to see some drop-off in subscribers.
It's not so much the age, but the fact that they screwed talents so badly that everyone is cookiecutter, and the content is mediocre.

Yup. Mediocre content, increased difficulty combined with running the same dungeons/raids over and over again loses its charm.

Weren't people all complaining that the last expansion was too easy? Now they're complaining that the game is too hard. And cookiecutter classes + mediocre content that you run over and over again....

....basically nothing has changed.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews May 8, 2011, 14:14 Yifes

Just got it yesterday, and I'm having a blast. Reminds me a lot of Laser Squad Nemesis. Going to try the MP once I have a few more games under my belt.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Date Uncertain
37. Re: The Old Republic Date Uncertain May 5, 2011, 18:07 Yifes

ASeven wrote on May 5, 2011, 12:42:
Here's something interesting, RPS had a hand at the game. Their preview is very underwhelming. Wonder if EALouse was indeed right and this game will bomb badly in 6 months?

If EALouse's figures were true, $300m already put into this game, if the game is a bomb it may spell dire times for EA.

That RPS article was just a preview of the PVP, written by someone who doesn't like PVP in the first place, playing a class that was poorly balanced. His PVE preview was much more favorable. SWTOR was never about the PVP, and I'm not surprised that it sucks, but the PVE/solo portion of the game sounds like a genuinely fun experience.

Hopefully it'll still come out before Guild Wars 2 so I can play SWTOR for a month or two and move on.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 4, 2011, 18:57 Yifes

Yeah, been looking forward to it forever. Unfortunately, they are pulling a Blizzard and taking forever to get it out. (Yeah, 2009 original release date. Not. Even. Close.)

Did they announce 2009 release date? I thought it was always when it's done. And yes, they are literally pulling a Blizzard, since the guys who started Arenanet were the lead programmers of WOW, BNET, Warcraft 3, and the lead designer of Starcraft.

News Comments > Three Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed
29. Re: Three Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed May 3, 2011, 18:08 Yifes

Lonesome Road sounds awesome. Always wanted to find out the story behind Ulysses/Courier Six.  

News Comments > Obsidian Layoffs
18. Re: Obsidian Layoffs Apr 27, 2011, 02:17 Yifes

PropheT wrote on Apr 26, 2011, 16:04:
Maybe it's just because there are mods that do every single thing that Obsidian added to New Vegas (and often better), but Fallout 3 was leagues ahead of NV to me. The story in New Vegas was boring, if you could even finish it because of the bugs, and everything in the game felt smaller and more pointless when I played through it.

Seriously? I didn't get very far into FO3 cuz I thought the quests were borderline retarded. NV was a thousand times more interesting.

Surprising they're laying people off after the success of NV. Wonder how much Obsidian made from the game, or did most of the profits go to Bethesda...

News Comments > StarCraft II Ban Laser Strikes
4. Re: StarCraft II Ban Laser Strikes Apr 25, 2011, 21:59 Yifes

Darks wrote on Apr 25, 2011, 21:36:
More bans so they force users to buy more copies to over inflate their sales and ego of the company.

Yeah srsly. The extra sales are gonna make a HUGE difference. Blizzard can potential make thousands - nay - TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars from this. It's not like these gamers were cheating or anything. Rolleyes

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2011, 22:04.

News Comments > Easter Legal Briefs
9. Re: Easter Legal Briefs Apr 25, 2011, 02:16 Yifes

Jerykk wrote on Apr 24, 2011, 21:18:
Well I'd say it's an attempt to protect the value of their product. Weather its worked well or not is another story.

Does intentionally sabotaging your own product somehow increase its value? Because that's exactly what developers are doing when they add triggers to essentially break their own games. It just doesn't seem worth the risk or effort, since the properly cracked versions of the game won't hit any of the triggers while there's a chance that a legitimate user might.

Publishers and developers should focus on providing the best possible product rather than finding ways to annoy pirates.

All you really can do is try to deter the casual pirates, and doing so in such ingenious and hilarious ways is entertaining for the rest of us and adds quite a lot to a product.

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
139. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 21, 2011, 00:01 Yifes

I just realized the reason why I've been avoiding Portal 2. Admitting that Portal 2 exists ruins the ending of Portal 1. Portal 1 was so damn good, and as far as I'm concerned, Glados was defeated and Chell escaped.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 20, 2011, 16:40 Yifes

Dades wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 15:04:
I had to stop for a moment while reading this to gape in awe at some of the whiniest, most self entitled babble I've seen on the Internet. Do you understand the purpose of an ARG?

It's Tumbler. He's so mad at the "horrible DRM crap" that is Steam he'd be bitching if Valve gave away Portal 2 for free. Of course he'd be upset that games he didn't pay for didn't unlock Portal 2 early; It's just another sign that every developer out there is personally out to fuck him.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2011, 16:49.

News Comments > Portal 2 Store
36. Re: Portal 2 Store Apr 19, 2011, 19:59 Yifes

ELITE wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 15:12:
Wow!
Awesome game. Played til I finished - not because I wanted to - but because it's hard to walk away from.
From start to finish a great game!

How long did it take you to finish? I thought portal 1 was a great little puzzle game that didn't really need a sequel. Not sure I want to pay $50 for this.

News Comments > Diablo III Details?
29. Re: Diablo III Details? Apr 14, 2011, 18:32 Yifes

MattyC wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 18:08:
necrosis wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 16:22:
MattyC wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 15:17:
necrosis wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 14:47:
If all this is to be believed it sounds like I am going to skip this like I skipped Starcraft II.
Your lost to be honest.
Exactly why I did not get it. I lost LAN support, ability to play single player how I see fit, ability to play without a internet connection...

Was supposed to be loss, but text prediction on my iPod likes to be a jerk. Anyway you can just hit play offline for the single playe and while I do think they need to add LAN for tourneys and the like, for home LANs, nothing has really changed.

The SC2 competitive scene is quite strong, with gatherings like Dreamhack, MLG, Intel Extreme Masters. LAN really isn't going to add anything to the scene. And the thing about not being able to play SC2 without an internet connection, what is it with people believing in ridiculous bullshit about Blizzard games? Anyways, I'm not a huge fan of Diablo, but the last thing I'm going to trust is some random anonymous post on 4chan of all places.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Schedule
16. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Schedule Apr 13, 2011, 09:49 Yifes

Thanks for the info guys.  

News Comments > BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Schedule
5. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Ticket Sales Schedule Apr 12, 2011, 23:35 Yifes

Talutha wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 23:06:
Na, the ticket prices are fine IMO. I think this is one of the only conventions that are completely for the fans. They post the expenses of BlizzCon every year at the place and the ticket sales don't come close to recouping the cost of running the convention.

$175 a ticket, sold out venue, and they still lose money on Blizzcon? I find that hard to believe...

News Comments > BioWare on Mass Effect MMO Possibilities
35. Re: BioWare on Mass Effect MMO Possibilities Apr 11, 2011, 19:19 Yifes

Elessar wrote on Apr 11, 2011, 15:24:
In hindsight, yeah the idea of saying something is similar or a clone, is one in the same. I guess what it boils down to for me is, people should just say it will be like any other MMO that's out. To that, I'd say... yeah, no shit.

There are MMO's that don't follow the formula popularized by WOW. EVE, or the up coming Guild Wars 2 for example. SWTOR certainly changes the setting (which necessitates changing characters, classes, abilities, etc), and offers some fancy voice acted cutscenes, but it doesn't do anything to improve core gameplay.

Of course, if you love traditional MMO gameplay, (which is a lot of people, judging by how many people enjoy Rift), the change of setting will probably be enough to satisfy you.

As for the much hyped story aspect of SWTOR, I doubt it will have the same quality of writing and be as engaging as a good single player RPG. And once you get to the endgame, it's going to be the same loot grind as you find in WOW, except with much less content and a slower release schedule for new content.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Trailer
8. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Trailer Apr 10, 2011, 02:17 Yifes

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 9, 2011, 20:44:
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea behind the universe and some of the games, but didn't Gears of War come out already?

Aside from the 3rd person perspective, the gameplay looks nothing like Gears of War.

News Comments > StarCraft II Mods Official
3. Re: StarCraft II Mods Official Apr 6, 2011, 23:46 Yifes

Frijoles wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 23:21:
I tried Aiur Chef. I'm not really sure why they put time in to it, unless it was a side project after hours or something. It's interesting and humorous for the first five minutes. No real point after that (at least to me).

Yeah Aiur Chef is terrible, but the other two are good. Co-oping through Left 2 Die was quite fun.

News Comments > Hawken Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 11:02 Yifes

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 10:49:
Yeah, the sounds were top notch too. I was watching it last night and was amazed.

Throw some SP on that bad boy and they have a sale.

Multiplayer only. http://kotaku.com/#!5780912/nine-guys-giant-mechs-and-2011s-sexiest-indie-game

They're a tiny developer and don't have the resources to do a single player campaign.

883 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo