Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stanly Manly

Real Name Stanly Manly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 17, 2002, 22:48
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 15272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI DLC & Gold Edition Next Month
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI DLC & Gold Edition Next Month Aug 24, 2012, 02:17 Stanly Manly

I tried the "demo" to see if I wanted to buy it. The story was kind of neat, but I quickly found the optimal unit combination very early on, and then every fight afterwards was simply rinse and repeat. I was really disappointed, but in hindsight I shouldn't have been surprised, since HOMM V was a snoozefest for me as well.

*sigh* Still waiting for Etherlords 3...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on New Black Isle
17. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 14:24 Stanly Manly

As much as these details sicken me, I still can't help but hold out a modicum of hope for a good RPG to be made here. If... and that is a huge *if*... a game actually gets released, I'll judge it on its own merits.  

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 10, 2012, 23:33 Stanly Manly

Pssst... over here.

I have a surefire system to make easy money. Its so easy, it should criminal. You will nearly be guaranteed to make $10,000 on your first sale. All you have to do first is buy my system for $10,000.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: According to the feminist writer Cynthia Enloe Apr 30, 2012, 12:04 Stanly Manly

Lord Tea wrote on Apr 30, 2012, 11:05:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 30, 2012, 10:52:
stopped reading right there

Hahah, that's exactly what I did too...

+1

Literally, the exact moment I read that sentence, I stopped, and went to the comments...

News Comments > RIFT Interview
1. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 6, 2011, 11:33 Stanly Manly

In short...

This is the MMO that made me uninstall WoW.

News Comments > Mirror's Edge 2 On Hold?
15. Re: Mirror's Edge 2 On Hold? Feb 14, 2011, 13:55 Stanly Manly

Bummer.

I'd have purchased it on release day. Really enjoyed the original, even with its flaws.

Guess this just means more Generic FPS Sequel 9's are on the way... yay...

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 3, 2011, 10:55 Stanly Manly

The stake by Goldman Sachs, considered one of Wall Street’s savviest investors

Heh.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Reboot Plans
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Reboot Plans Jan 3, 2011, 10:30 Stanly Manly

Sounds like a disaster.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2010, 14:00 Stanly Manly

Watch the CNN clip.  

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG
31. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan MMOG Dec 17, 2010, 10:22 Stanly Manly

Apparently, the opinions of 5 guys on Bluesnews' forums all point to WoW being an awful game. Someone notify the 12+ million WoW players, and tell them they are all wrong.  

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2010, 22:24 Stanly Manly

kxmode wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 21:36:
Cutter wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 19:46:
WoW will be F2P in the next 5 years. Turbine has the best model going for F2P so that's what they'll use.

Well Blizzard did copy LOTR's achievement and title system, so maybe they'll copy their F2P model too. But not now while their profitable.

I don't want whatever you are smoking... seems like bad stuff.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Dec 15, 2010, 12:09 Stanly Manly

This guy just glosses over how obscenely successful Blizzard's current business model is with WoW. As if they are going to change it because some no-name dolt thinks they could be doing better? I know that if I was making $1billion a year off my game, I'd keep doing what I was doing and take my own counsel.

How do these "journalists" even get hired? I mean, what kind of company pays some community college dropout to freebase some meth and then write some random bullshit about a subject they know nothing about?

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
27. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Nov 25, 2010, 12:10 Stanly Manly

Grounded wrote on Nov 25, 2010, 10:49:
Don’t be a clueless twit. Shows how much the typical Blues News poster knows about MMO’s. WoW is the most casual idiot friendly MMO out there, something even a moron can level cap in and spend 30 minutes a day doing a dungeon at level 80 and eventually getting good gear.

Gosh, someone is bitter. It is always amusing to see the straws that the jaded will grasp at as they spew their vitriol. Oh no! A fun game that anyone can play! Burn them!

It is also the reason I am not there anymore due to the huge stream of morons that play this game, a huge percentage of them not knowing how to play properly at end game. A huge percentage of them being total inadequate buffoons when it comes to MMO playing 101. All of the cosmetic ballyhoo that Cataclysm brings and the recent price drop only means that tons of rerolls, alts and under geared morons will infest the new 80-85 level dungeons and will simply have to be taught basic MMO mechanics. I am not down for that and after 6 years I am quite tired of it.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. You seem to be suffering from the condition known as "waaaaaay too serious about a game". Perhaps find a girlfriend? Boyfriend? Well, anyway... my point is, you seem a bit... frustrated. Hopefully you escape your own mental prison and realize that the real world has its fair share of these "morons" as well, so you might want to get used to it. Or, find a cave on some mountain... your choice.

So for some naive poster to claim over and over again that ALL MMO’s are timesinks and WoW is just “horrible” simply means that the majority of gaming so called enthusiasts are simply out of touch with the genre and not the experts they quite thought they were. MMO’s span a huge range of grindy to casual. From the kindergarten mind level of Free Realms to the terribly disgusting Lineage II you can find one to fit any gameplay style. However WoW just happens to mix it up the best. Unfortunately it does it too well and wading through the cesspool of retards at the bottom has become more and more difficult due to shrinking guild sizes and elite player base.

Might want to not shoot meth into your eyeballs before posting. I'm just going to stop talking to you now, crazy person.

News Comments > Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Co-op Patch
5. Re: Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Co-op Patch Nov 24, 2010, 10:35 Stanly Manly

Seems strange that the Steam version is just now getting co-op. When I downloaded it for my PS3, co-op was already in.

Anyway, yeah.. great game. Honestly the most fun I've had with a Tomb Raider game since the original. Hoping for some good DLC for Xmas. I've never been a fan of DLC, but if they release new adventures for this particular game, I'll be all over it, since the initial cost of the game was so reasonable.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Sentinel Tactics
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Star Sentinel Tactics Nov 21, 2010, 12:22 Stanly Manly

If there was a demo, I'd be on it.

Would love to hear someone's review of this game.

News Comments > The UnderGarden & Demo Released
1. Re: The UnderGarden & Demo Released Nov 11, 2010, 12:45 Stanly Manly

Anyone try this? I attempted to download it from Atari, but the install process seemed absolutely ridiculous... C++ redistributable install, Direct X install, some online activation routine... and that is where I just lost interest. A lot of hoops to jump through for a demo, and it seemed completely unprofessional.

Was the Steam install any better? Not going to bother unless someone says it is worth the effort.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2010, 11:31 Stanly Manly

turn down up the theshold at which the body fells pain

Someone fire the editor over there at the Telegraph.

News Comments > Activison Considering Selling Cut-Scene Movies
51. Re: Activison Considering Selling Cut-Scene Movies Sep 17, 2010, 10:46 Stanly Manly

Verno wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 10:37:
The other side of this coin is that people buy dumb little meaningless things from Blizzard all the time. Hell quite a few people from this site bought the virtual my little pony mount for $25. I'm sure more than a few of you have paid for e-pets even. So maybe Bobby isn't so crazy after all.

That is exactly what is going on here.

The fine posters here at Blues News often forget that the vast majority of people out there enjoy entertainment such as "Jersey Shore", and feel a "Snuggli" is a fine purchase.

We are not their intended market. They will make oodles of money with this. I mean, hell... people have purchased new "Madden" games every year for the past 11 (I think) years.

News Comments > ABP Closing
84. Re: ABP Closing Sep 17, 2010, 10:17 Stanly Manly

Oddly enough, when game studios like RTW get investment money, the investors usually like to see a return on said investment (Unless of course you are just laundering money for the mafia *cough*Turbine*cough*).

I think folks like Beamer consider this initial venture capital as the teat from which his employment is suckled, and not from the actual product sales. By reading those blogs, its apparent that many game studios do as well.

By all means, you investment leechers do what you need to do to put food on the table. But don't prance around with an ego about it and put down the gamers who call you out and won't buy your crappy product.

News Comments > Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted
28. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 4, 2010, 22:48 Stanly Manly

I have been casually following this game's development, and was looking forward to release.

Can someone fill me in on what exactly went so wrong with the game?

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo