Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stanly Manly

Real Name Stanly Manly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 17, 2002, 22:48
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 15272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
82. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 20:28 Stanly Manly

dubfanatic wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 20:25:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Ah the ol' Internet Psychology bit. Where did you say you got your degree again? Facebook University?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

80. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 20:19 Stanly Manly

dubfanatic wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 20:07:
I'm going to hire someone and pay them less than minimum wage. Then when they complain, I'm going to tell them "oh boohoo, we used to have slaves here. Be glad you are getting paid anything." Wow, I can't believe nobody has thought of this before! I'll save so much money!

Pretty sure just about every labor company hiring illegal mexicans beat you to the punch there. Oh sorry, you were trying to be witty. Guess you weren't aware that there is a world outside. Oh, and guess you weren't aware that that there is a world outside of the US, as well. Enjoy living in your little bubble. Minimum wage, hah.

73. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 19:10 Stanly Manly

Sleep wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 19:03:
You do realise everyones laughing at you, right?

Pretty sure your grasp of the term "everyone" is pretty shaky. Also pretty sure that feminists laugh when they are scared and have nothing else to fall back on.

70. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 18:57 Stanly Manly

TychoCelchuuu wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 18:38:
Hi Stanly Manly! I know you say your opinion is less than educated, but it's also pretty stupid! If you want to convince a judge and a jury that you've been sexually harassed, and if you want to do it even though the defense lawyer is going to do their best to make it look like you weren't, then you need more than just some sand in your vagina! You need evidence. And sure, the accused's intentions don't matter. If I think I'm giving you a compliment on your sexy good looks by walking up to you and French kissing you, you'll probably punch me! We can't give stupid idiots a license to sexually harass just because they don't understand what sexual harassment is.

You shouldn't be doling out the label of "stupid" when you clearly didn't comprehend my point. Throwing out a straw man argument doesn't help either. Keep on keeping on with that feminist crap though. Pretty sure your grandma would slap the shit out of you for crying over someone sending you a sex quiz link compared to some of the stuff she probably endured and didn't complain about. Grow a pair.

64. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 18:26 Stanly Manly

Probably because the time spent "polishing" this turd wouldn't affect initial sales, whereas marketing certainly would.

Anyway, seriously, is the chick hot or what? Anyone got a pic?

P.S. Human Rights Laws... pretty much pertains to how you treat a PoW. Civil Rights Laws... yeah a whole other story. Sadly, "harassment" has nothing to do with the accused's intentions, and everything to do with the "victim's" perceptions of the incident(s). For example, you could have dropped a pencil, bent over to pick it up, and find yourself being sued because someone thought you were waving your butt at them in a provocative manner. My less than educated opinion on this matter is that this is just a typical case of a woman with sand in her vagina who can't handle a couple of dick jokes now and then. Cry me a fucking river. Kids are in sweat shops in other countries and you are complaining over a god damn link to a sex quiz that you certainly didn't have to click on and read...

62. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 18:08 Stanly Manly

Who cares.. the real question is... How hot is this chick anyway?  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Beta Underway
29. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Beta Underway Sep 5, 2012, 16:16 Stanly Manly

MattyC wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 15:43:

If you ever watched a high level tournament you might realize it isn't just 'clicking a mouse and hitting a few keys *really* fast'...

Yeah, its clicking a mouse and hitting a few keys *really, really, really* fast. I recall seeing something about American "pro gamers" having to train themselves to press keys faster, because one of the distinct advantages of Koreans was they had a much faster PPM (presses per minute). Apparently its a huge deal, since shaving fractions of a second off your commands and such adds up to a lot over the course of a game.

22. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Beta Underway Sep 5, 2012, 14:19 Stanly Manly

SimplyMonk wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 14:04:
You need to be aware though that the majority of people, maybe even the majority of people that call themselves gamers, don't care about eSports so you have to understand that when a game is less "fun" because it needs to be competitive, it will receive a negative response from most people.

I just have to say that I completely disagree with you here, sadly. E-sports oriented games seem to be far more popular than single player games that focus on story and fun gameplay. Some of the best single player games don't do well financially, yet millions upon millions of copies of football games sell every year, as do the same rehashed online FPS games...

Times have changed. I am well aware now that I am not a mainstream gamer. I replayed Valkyria Chronicles again last week, and it still brings a tear to my eye. Mainstream gamers are too busy throwing temper tantrums, acting elitist, shouting expletives into teamspeak, and generally carrying on as if their online exploits were the center of the gaming universe to care about storytelling.

News Comments > TERA Server Merges
10. Re: TERA Server Merges Sep 5, 2012, 13:41 Stanly Manly

PHJF wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 12:33:
TERA has what can fairly be called the shittiest quest system of any modern MMO. It's very old-school,

Exactly like every other MMORPG, you mean? Go here, kill 50 of these guys, collect 25 of those things? I spent a month on TERA... had a pretty good time of it, for what it's worth. Aside from the grindy nature (of which every MMORPG is guilty) the presentation was stellar and the melee combat was pretty fun.

I agree that the game certainly was fun in a lot of aspects, but it got real old, real fast at end game. I'm curious as to the reasons you stopped playing, care to share?

16. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Beta Underway Sep 5, 2012, 13:33 Stanly Manly

CrashTestDummy wrote on Sep 5, 2012, 13:14:
I hardly ever post on blues, and I limit myself to just skimming the articles and comments, but I have to say the level of narrow mindedness on this forum is through the roof.

Starcraft II was built from the ground up as a multiplayer E-Sport game, and hence by design, does not contain a lot of fluff that other RTS games pass off as "innovation". There is an extreme emphasis on timings, micro and macro management, unit control, positioning and things like that. And the community for it is much larger than anything you have ever seen before.

Most other RTS games that have come out have failed miserably to provide a sustainable competitive environment because there are too many automated things, and innovations that actually break the game and decrease the emphasis on player skill. Where other games have failed, Starcraft II has succeeded.

I'll just leave this small teaser for a documentary thats coming out this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VchuKnJONSk

No other game can even claim to have the same kind of fan following or support like this.

I'm not badmouthing the multiplayer aspect or disregarding its massive popularity. I am not into the "e-sport" side of games, so was just chiming in with my input on the campaign.

Blizzard obviously knows its fan base, and tailored the game for them.

8. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Beta Underway Sep 5, 2012, 11:43 Stanly Manly

Never touched the multiplayer in SC2, but I did enjoy the campaign. It wasn't on the same level as the original, and I shelved the game after one playthough, but it was decent enough.

That being said, I think I am in the bandwagon of waiting for a clearance sale or something to pick this up. Not paying full price on release day for this...

News Comments > TERA Server Merges
3. Re: TERA Server Merges Sep 5, 2012, 11:31 Stanly Manly

Tera's lack of success has nothing to do with its subscription based model. It suffered from a few fatal flaws, one of which was not the game's fault though...

1. Massive class imbalance in high end PvP, coupled with awful latency in twitch based combat. This was the deciding factor in why I left the game. I won't bore anyone with the details, but it was truly a terrible experience to have picked the wrong class and be completely dominated/negated in PvP by those that chose the right class. Add on the latency... cripes, I don't even want to start thinking about it again...

2. Lack of end game. The end game gear grind was, without a doubt, the worst iteration of an end game I have seen in an MMO. Barely a month into the game's life cycle, and all there was to do was run the same tired couple of dungeons to try to get enchantment fodder to beef up your gear... over, and over... and over... And Nexus... what a joke. Seriously look up some youtube videos on it. You'll laugh, hard.

3. This one is not the game's fault, but Tera had, without a doubt, the worst PvP community I have ever seen. The *only* reason to join a PvP server is for the open world PvP, but the community there shunned open world PvP like it was the bane of their existence. The prevailing attitude was "you are a douche, I was leveling/questing/fighting a mob, how dare you attack me".

So, subscription had nothing to do with this game's failure, and anyone who actually played it knows it. I'd have happily continued to pay a subscription to this game if it had fixed PvP and had even a hint of a decent end game. Alas... it was not meant to be. Keeping my eye on Blade and Soul. No interest in GW2... that looks like garbage.

News Comments > More on Valve's Hardware Plans
24. Re: More on Valve's Hardware Plans Sep 4, 2012, 15:21 Stanly Manly

Love that Eye Tracker, that seems to be the way to go. The only problem I can see with it during gaming, is when you inevitably look away from your screen... Maybe an auto-pause function...

As far as that link to the Valve controller, I really just can't believe that companies are so stuck on the current controller design that any type of "innovation" is nothing more than a rearranging of the buttons/sticks. It just makes no sense to me that controller designers are completely ignoring so much button real estate on the *back* of the controller. Hell, I've got 6 free fingers back there... give them something to do, and give my thumbs a little break. Plus, take a long hard look at the GameCube controller as far as button placement (well,except for the Z button) goes. By far the best console controller layout ever. Double function, ergonomic shoulder triggers coupled with a large main button with supporting side buttons you could "roll" your thumb over to... I miss that controller every time I pick up an Xbox/PS3 controller with its standard "plus" layout of buttons, and awful double shoulder trigger/buttons....

Also, these guys have it going on as far as innovation... www.alphagrips.com

News Comments > Darksiders II Patch Plans
3. Re: Darksiders II Patch Plans Aug 25, 2012, 21:29 Stanly Manly

The large weapons did hit hard, but I found them pointless because the enemies could attack you between swings. With the fist/armblades, you basically juggled the enemy until they were dead, and the attacks moved you forward enough that it usually evaded any other enemy attacks. They were just superior in every situation that I encountered.

The skilltree is useless when compared to the "mash Y button" technique with a fist/armblade, as I easily bested every combat encounter that way. The only other skill necessary is dodge. I saw no need to throw any other skill into the mix, since you can't really improve upon 100% effectiveness. I think perhaps you had emergency situations because you didn't use the fist/armblades to begin with. I know I had them when I was trying to master the reaper/axe/mace. Those buff skills description said they lasted 8 seconds... No thank you. The controls are awful enough. Don't want to be rebuffing constantly.

I noticed that rolling was faster than walking... but really... how dumb is that? Plus, if you roll 3 times consecutively, you did some sort of jump at the end that had a recovery time, so you sort of negate the faster movement.

I found the boss patterns and had a plan of attack, I simply didn't find it enjoyable. It wasn't difficult, just tedious. However, different strokes for different folks and all that.

You are correct, I didn't make it past the first world. I was "demo'ing" the game to see if it was worth a purchase. The core dynamics that I didn't like are not likely to change during the course of the game. The game looked nice, the story was interesting, and I really wanted to like it. I played the first and enjoyed that, but Darksiders 2 just seemed like a chore to me =(

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: RIP Neil Armstrong Aug 25, 2012, 19:21 Stanly Manly

WarPig wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 18:33:
Just saw that Neil Armstrong died... damn. A true, true hero. Probably THE ultimate hero of my lifetime. I know he was one of many (astronauts that is, and they were all unbelievable) but damn, he was the man.

The BALLS of those men. My god.

He probably saw the Star Wars Detours trailer. I know I died a little inside when I watched it.

News Comments > Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week
11. Re: Torchlight II Release Date Announcement Next Week Aug 25, 2012, 18:55 Stanly Manly

Prez wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 18:46:
Torchlight was flawed but still awesome. Can't wait for TL2. But I have to say that I am sick of the "Announcing there will be an announcement about a future announcement!!!" crap that is so prevalent these days.

I hear ya. That was my first thought as well... "ugh, another pre-announcement announcement."

For the price I paid for the original Torchlight, it was a hell of a great game (think I got it for $5). I'll certainly pick up TL2 if they didn't royally screw things up.

News Comments > Darksiders II Patch Plans
1. Re: Darksiders II Patch Plans Aug 25, 2012, 18:48 Stanly Manly

I "demoed" Darksiders II, and I really wanted to like it, but there were just too many things wrong with the game to warrant me buying it. I uninstalled the "demo" after only a couple hours of play, with no desire to play it again. These fixes they are discussing don't affect any of the core gameplay issues that I found.

1. Overall slow and sluggish feel to the game. The horse barely felt faster than the main character. The main character's speed was somewhere between 1950's zombie drag, and stray 3 legged dog trot. In some boss fights, where you had to move across the room to get to a rock/egg/etc, I was shaking my head at how slow it felt.

2. Inconsistent feel to the "parkour". I could claw my way up sheer walls, but couldn't jump up on a platform that was waist high. I also thought it was ridiculous that I could run up and across walls and ledges faster than I could walk across flat ground...

3. Weapons were not well designed. It didn't take long to realize that the best weapons were the fist/armblade style, and there was no reason to use the others. I only used the life leech reaper blades to get some hp back if I needed it, otherwise it was all the fist/armblades.

4. Convoluted controls. I used an XBox 360 controller on my PC to play this, and the default and unchangeable control scheme was ridiculous. Left Trigger for lock on, and Left Bumper + A/B/X/Y for skills? Seriously? I'm fairly dexterous, but ugh, this just felt awful.

5. Uninteresting and useless skill tree. Coupled with the ridiculous "wrath" cost of using skills, they certainly don't change the outcome of any fight. In fact, the Teleport Dash skill was actually detrimental, because it turned your character around and the camera did not change direction, so you were essentially fighting backwards after using it.

6. Uninteresting and useless attack upgrades. Most attack upgrades were for the reaper blades, and since they were fairly useless compared to fist weapons... there was little point anyway. Most of the upgrades for the secondary (fist) weapons had button press requirements of "while holding down LT, move stick up, hold Y, jump, turn around 3 times, touch your nose...." etc, so I never got them. Didn't seem to matter, since the basic "mash Y endlessly" strategy worked well in every situation.

7. Tedious boss fights. There is a difference between challenge and tedium. The point where I just gave up completely on the game was a boss fight that had you dodging massive damage charging attacks from the boss that basically homed in on you, jumping over ae ground attacks, throwing a bomb that fell down from said ground attack, then running (dragging/trotting/whatever) to attack a sphere that fell out of this otherwise invulnerable boss, but also having 3-4 spawned minions come between you and said sphere that you had to dispatch. Oh, and did I mention that the main character runs really slow, and that the sphere is only vulnerable to attack for a few seconds?

So, in a nutshell, the game is just not fun.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2012, 16:51 Stanly Manly

Raven wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 15:46:

Right, it's not like the intruder is a murderer... Oh wait, he is.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/showbiz/ll-cool-j-burgar/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Lots of 56 year old men are in shape these days (though his injuries indicate he wasn't). I'm sure that more than a few may have mental or substance abuse problems that can make them dangerous too. Hell, all joking aside, I wouldn't want to run into a 72-year old Chuck Norris during a break-in...

Wow, none of the other reports had that information, just the petty theft stuff. I still just don't know... that charge was from 1988. Not trying to downplay it, just saying I really doubt he presented himself as a dangerous thug.

I could be way off base here, but for some reason I just get the gut feeling this guy wasn't about to put up any struggle, and LL just went apeshit on him. I guess we'll see, although some other preliminary reports say that no assault charges are being brought against LL.

Oh, and as for the alarm, aren't most home alarms silent? They just send a message to the security company?

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 24, 2012, 14:44 Stanly Manly

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 11:14:
LL Cool J leaves intruder with broken bones.

Was reading about this last night, and "Momma Said Knock You Out" instantly popped into my head...

Hah.

However, apparently the intruder was 56 years old,unarmed, and entered through an unlocked door. Don't get me wrong, here. Anyone breaking into my house will find themselves at the business end of a shotgun, but this seems like it will come back and bite LL. This doesn't seem like subduing an intruder, as much as violently beating the holy shit out of a near senior citizen who probably has a drug problem, mental health problem, or both.

The intruder is a convicted petty thief, and certainly deserves to be punished for his crime, but I just get the feeling that the intruder is the victim of aggravated assault in this case. I sincerely doubt he tried to do anything other than give up or run away once confronted.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI DLC & Gold Edition Next Month
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI DLC & Gold Edition Next Month Aug 24, 2012, 02:17 Stanly Manly

I tried the "demo" to see if I wanted to buy it. The story was kind of neat, but I quickly found the optimal unit combination very early on, and then every fight afterwards was simply rinse and repeat. I was really disappointed, but in hindsight I shouldn't have been surprised, since HOMM V was a snoozefest for me as well.

*sigh* Still waiting for Etherlords 3...

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo