Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stanly Manly

Real Name Stanly Manly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 17, 2002, 22:48
Total Comments 317 (Amateur)
User ID 15272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Nival Departs U.S.
2. Re: Well, that was short May 16, 2007, 14:26 Stanly Manly

Wheres my Etherlords 3 =(.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Teachers Attack May 14, 2007, 15:21 Stanly Manly

Scaring our kids with the prospect of a gunman...

The terrorists most certainly have won.

News Comments > CABAL Online to go Free
2. Re: No subject May 10, 2007, 16:24 Stanly Manly

Is this just another one of the plethora of Free to Play, point and click, grind fests that use the Item Shop to sell virtual lingerie to desperate asian boys?

News Comments > Hellgate: London Subscription Fees
45. Re: No subject May 10, 2007, 01:02 Stanly Manly

Sadly, I'll have to scratch HG:L off of the very short list of PC games that I was interested in buying. The funny thing, is that up until the rumor about the new Starcraft game, it was the only one.

What got me was the idea of paying 10 bucks a month for quarterly content as opposed to just buying an expansion. I'm really disgusted here with their pricing model. Its a slap in the face to the gamers.

News Comments > World of StarCraft?
50. Re: No subject May 6, 2007, 03:12 Stanly Manly

I can't wait to play a Hydrolisk.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Lord of the Rings Online
51. Re: Fundamental Apr 25, 2007, 17:39 Stanly Manly

Stanly Manly, spoken like a true Blizzard lemming, well done sir. of course we all realize you are speaking out of your asshole, but thats ok. LOTRO has more to do in one starting area than WoW does from 1-20, but thats ok if you dont know what the fuck you are talking about, you cant help your an idiot fanboy

Ah, the personal attack. Thanks, I always know I've won a debate at that point =). Good try though.

38. Re: Fundamental Apr 24, 2007, 17:56 Stanly Manly

I hear lots of talk about looks and pretty graphics.. why no comments on characters and balance?(italic)

Simple. Pretty graphics and good looks are all LOTRO has going for it. Characters suck, balance is non-existant, gameplay is shoddy.

Don't worry, in a few weeks or so, when the "oh ah" factor has worn off from the pretty water reflections, people will see the game for what it really is.

For now, take all the 9+ reviews with a very large grain of salt, since one thing that LOTRO does well is give a great review environment in those first few hours.

24. Re: Real Time MMOGs Apr 24, 2007, 15:56 Stanly Manly

LOTRO is merely another rehash of AC2/DDO, but with a new skin. In a nutshell, the game world is gorgeous, but the game itself is lacking.

Character models are plastic and hardly distinguishable from each other. The weapon and armor models were droll. The animations behind these characters are sub par to say the least. The same "herky jerky" animations of your fellows pervades this game, just as it did AC2/DDO.

Combat is where the game fails miserably. I wholeheartedly agree with the poster who said it feels like EQ2. Attacks have no real distinction, and the overall "flow" of combat seems more like typing than combat.

Now, that being said, LOTRO isn't necessarily bad. Its got plenty of quests, plenty of mobs to kill, and is a seemingly fully functional MMO. However, the general consensus at this time, is that players will hit the level cap very soon, with little end game material to greet them there. Since the first content update isn't until June, the only people who are going to like this game for any amount of time are the role players (ugh), the die hard Turbine fans who will buy a "lifetime" or founders subscription, or the ultra casual LOTR fan who simply enjoys exploring the game and "being in" someones interpretation of middle earth.

For the rest of us, who want actual gameplay out of an MMO, there is no reason to choose this game over the other offerings on the market. If you are one of the people who is currently burned out on a current game, my advice is simple: Skip LOTRO and wait for something better, rather than pay to wait for LOTRO to get "better".

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Open Beta World Tour
15. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2007, 18:09 Stanly Manly

"They've predicted 600,000 players during the open beta."

Not quite accurate. They are releasing 600,000 beta keys. Depending on how you interpret the article, they could be releasing 1million more (totaling 1.6million), or they plan to release a total of 1million keys.

Just because someone releases so many keys, doesn't mean they are going to get that many players.

IMHO, the numbers are simply sensationalism. LOOK WE GOT 600k BETA KEYS!! BEST GAME EVAR!!

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Open Beta World Tour
9. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2007, 15:36 Stanly Manly

Make sure you spend the extra $20 for the Collectors Edition, and then plop down $200 (yes, thats two hundred dollars) non-refundable up front for a "lifetime" subscription so you can feel real stupid when you get sick of the game and the company in a month.

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Beta/Subscription Plans
14. Re: No subject Mar 23, 2007, 13:51 Stanly Manly

Just to remind ppl here, this is Turbine we are talking about. AC1 was a cheaters paradise. AC2 was one of the biggest dissapointments in MMO history, and DDO... well who even cares?

Turbine has a track record of treating their customers like crap, not delivering on promises, and extremely shoddy business practices. My personal take on the $200 lifetime subscription is merely a scam to try and get a lot of money upfront to make up their huge losses from their past 2 disasters.

Anyone who thinks Turbine is turning over a new leaf and is finally going to deliver on all their promises... well, you just may as well go buy some of that prime Oklahoma timberland while you are at it.

The only positive thing I see in this post, is that with the "beta is live" mentality, you wont have so many "its beta" fanboi defense posts on the forums ;).

Good day.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Online Music Sales Fail To Balance D Jan 18, 2007, 15:41 Stanly Manly

"In addition, piracy remained a serious threat to the emerging digital music business, and was one of the major reasons why the surging digital market did not make up the shortfall in the physical market."

I love how we are just supposed to take "and was one of the major reason" as proof.

IMHO, CD Sales are down because of many reason: Our economy is crap. People are sick of buying an album for 1 or 2 songs, like Eye said. There is too much "me too" music out there right now.

I don't recall the last time I purchased a CD. The radio is free, and so is DMX and streaming music sites on the net. At the cost of 1 CD a month, you can also subscribe to Sirius or XM radio.

Oh, and lets not forget that everytime the public reads a story about a kid being sued for downloading an mp3, that amounts to one less person who would ever buy a CD again to support the Music Industry.

News Comments > WoW Larger Than 145 Countries
17. Re: Let's be real Jan 11, 2007, 15:45 Stanly Manly

You know, this is so disgusting to see all this anti-WoW propoganda.

Blizzard has stated very clearly, that it counts *active, paid subscriptions only*.

So, no, they aren't lying. No, they aren't counting 14 day trial or "freebie" accounts. Just because someone is a gold farmer, doesn't mean they aren't also a player with a paid, active subscription.

Yes, an argument can probably be made about players with multiple accounts and Lan Cafe's, but this tripe that people are spewing out borders on slander.

Seriously, if you are going to be a "hater", at least have the fucking sense to check your facts. Oh wait, its much easier to just pull them out of your ass...

News Comments > Dark Sector PC Cancelled
27. Re: No subject Dec 27, 2006, 23:52 Stanly Manly

Why would a black person want to get an education, when all they have to do play sports, or put together another me-too album about "up in da club", "booty", and "my crew", and be multi-millionaires?

In fact.. why would *any* person want to get an education if they can do either of those?

News Comments > New ATI Drivers
1. Neat Dec 14, 2006, 04:25 Stanly Manly

Just installed the full package. Now everytime I try to run the Catalyst Control Center, it makes all the files on my HD, Read Only, and crashes.

Luckily, I always keep a past rev handy...

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
1. Glider Nov 18, 2006, 18:11 Stanly Manly

Obviously written by a cheater.

"WoW Glider does not really do anything a player can not do themselves in the game. It just automates it."

What a bunch of crap.

News Comments > Marvel Universe Online Announced
1. ...and Windows Vista... Sep 27, 2006, 15:28 Stanly Manly

Nothing like killing your game right out of the box.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Legend
4. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2006, 15:47 Stanly Manly

Steamy wet jungles, mountainous bosoms and ancient wombs built to challenge even the most accomplished armchair masturbator.

Ok, maybe I went too far...

News Comments > Archie Games Announced
6. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2006, 01:26 Stanly Manly

"the games will offer hardcore sex and violence... no wait"

Now that gave me a good hard laugh =). Still chuckling.

News Comments > Abyss Lights Demo
7. Re: Ghost of E3 past Apr 9, 2006, 21:53 Stanly Manly

The first thing I noticed, was that I couldnt find any way to remap my keyboard/mouse to play this. The next thing I noticed was the game crashed into a sound loop that completely locked up my PC. Not a favorable first impression.

317 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo