Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stanly Manly

Real Name Stanly Manly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 17, 2002, 22:48
Total Comments 345 (Amateur)
User ID 15272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Bionic Commando Trailer
7. Re: No subject Aug 16, 2008, 15:05 Stanly Manly

That video made me moist.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Flagship Loses IPs, Closes
62. Re: No subject Jul 13, 2008, 15:52 Stanly Manly

I would expect to see comments such as found in this thread on MMORPG.com...which has turned into a complete sophomoric flame site. What is so great about a game company failing? Look how many in this thread act so euphoric about a company that contributes to our hobby going down the tubes. Critisizm of their action is warranted, but to gloat over this news? That is more pathetic than Flagship's failure. Also something that is becoming more prevalent on Blue's News...the newest generation of gamers seem to be spoiled, crass and shallow.

Hi, Flagship's cock is that way, feel free to suck it. Self righteous banter such as yours makes me want to fucking vomit.

The critical flaw in your argument is that you think companies such as Flagship "contribute" to our hobby. That is not the case. They are bloodsucking assholes looking to completely rape our fellow gamers out of their hard earned dollars.

So, yes, I'm going to gloat. I'm going to laugh my fucking ass off that these slimeballs got what they fucking deserved.

Spoiled, crass, and shallow... I guess that's boot licking toady, sychophant speak for actually expecting a game to deliver on its promise, in exchange for the money we worked hard to earn.

Seriously, get the fuck outta here with that stoolboy attitude.

News Comments > Flagship Shake-up - Hellgate Takeover Attempt?
7. Re: Welp, Jul 11, 2008, 17:30 Stanly Manly

(In my best Nelson impression)

Hah hah!

News Comments > Diablo III Announced
150. Re: No subject Jun 29, 2008, 16:58 Stanly Manly

Well, I'm sure that Diablo III will bomb, selling a mere 1 million copies or so, with 15-20 million copies of it being pirated.

For those who have yet to drink their coffee, that was sarcasm.

News Comments > Valve: PC Gaming is the Future
5. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2008, 18:00 Stanly Manly

But... but... what about the 15/20 to 1 piracy rate? Hah!

News Comments > Jumpgate Evolution Beta Sign-ups
6. Re: Is this the open beta. . . Jun 26, 2008, 16:56 Stanly Manly

The sign up page just plain didn't work for me. I'd enter all the information in, click submit, and it would take me right back to the same page, with a nice red "1" at the top. What does this red "1" signify? One of the last great mysteries of the universe...

News Comments > Turbine Generates Funding
8. Funding. Jun 5, 2008, 06:42 Stanly Manly

Well, I guess Turbine has to get money from somewhere, because they sure don't get it from subscribers to their games.

On a side note, Turbine has always received money from capital investment companies in Boston... wonder what the connection to Time Warner is. Off to find out...

EDIT: Well, heres GGV's connection to Boston http://www.ggvc.com/team/scottbonham.aspx

EDIT2: Seems it would take a bit of work to find the Time Warner connection. Oh well. Turbine is great at convincing capital investment companies to lose money on them. I guess its easy when half the people who run Turbine are also board members of said investment companies. Can you say Boiler Room?

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 06:55.

News Comments > On Mass Effect & Spore Copy Protection
282. Re: @Jerykk May 8, 2008, 18:47 Stanly Manly

I think you will see a lot more of this 'Periodic Activation Check' based DRM anyway, so you'd better get used to it. If I had my way, the project I mentioned earlier would do that and kill all but the most current installation.

I know this is a bit late, but I couldn't help but comment.

This is complete and utter hogwash. I will not "get used to it". What you better get used to is legitimate gamers NOT buying your games if you keep treatings us all like criminals.

So stick that in your fucking pipe and smoke it. Dickheads like you are what ruin PC gaming, not pirates. Fuck off.

News Comments > LotRO Wants You Back
15. Re: No subject May 7, 2008, 15:27 Stanly Manly

Yin and Yang, yanno ;).

News Comments > LotRO Wants You Back
13. Re: No subject May 7, 2008, 15:02 Stanly Manly

It never fails. Any mention of LORTO, and the freakish Turbine fanbois come out of the woodwork to slam WoW and its customers.

Fact of the matter is this. Without the LOTR part, LOTRO would have nothing going for it. If Turbine is already offering an incentive to get subscribers back, obviously the game is tanking, as it should.

I'm sure the Turbine PR team will spin this somehow, and the fanbio's will tell us its their servers are overflowing with subscribers, etc etc. You know, those same 11 server that the game had at its start, the ones that haven't needed to be upgraded, nor have any additions to handle the "millions" who were going to play the game.

Yet another Turbine flop.

News Comments > On Mass Effect & Spore Copy Protection
77. Re: In for a penny, out for a pound May 6, 2008, 18:13 Stanly Manly

One simple "word" to put this all into perspective.

Divx.

Thank you, drive through.

News Comments > Korea ♥'s Hellgate: London
17. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2008, 15:01 Stanly Manly

Seems like Flagship is taking marketing lessons from Turbine.

News Comments > April F-F-Foolin', Part Three
3. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2008, 15:05 Stanly Manly

That zelda trailer really really made me wish it was real. Simply outstanding. Someone... please... make that movie!!

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: No subject Jan 19, 2008, 16:10 Stanly Manly

Awesome.

Awesome to the max.

News Comments > Christmas Eve Tech Bits
5. Re: No subject Dec 25, 2007, 01:05 Stanly Manly

Wow, why link this drivel? Seriously, just because some jackass with mudslinging to sell sends you a link, doesn't mean it has any validity. Anyone with half a brain can tell its just trying to promote HD-DVD through FUD tactics.

Seems any idiot with a blog gets national attention these days... sad.

This comment was edited on Dec 25, 01:05.

News Comments > On DirectX 10 Performance
15. Re: No subject Jul 5, 2007, 16:56 Stanly Manly

If more devs start putting out Linux versions of their games, I'd be glad to drop Windows once and for all.

News Comments > Saga Beta Opens
1. Paying for booster packs. Jul 5, 2007, 15:58 Stanly Manly

Now, I'm not sure how they are going to implement this feature, but my initial kneejerk reaction is this: In a PvP oriented game, wouldn't this dynamic basically boil down every encounter to "whoever buys the most wins"?

News Comments > Sword of the New World Beta
6. Re: Korean MOGs Jun 27, 2007, 15:27 Stanly Manly

YAKPAC MMO.

(Yet Another Korean Point and Click)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Transformers: The Game
23. Re: CC extreme mega-ness Jun 26, 2007, 16:06 Stanly Manly

By the way I'm never going to forgive Bay and crew (and Volkswagon) for making BUMBLEBEE a farking camaro! BUMBLEBEE is a VW beetle... and that's that!

I'm pretty sure that all the cars in the movie are GM cars, and a lot of money was paid to make sure that was the case. There was a huge 3 page foldout ad in some car magazine I glanced at the other day, and it was a GM ad with 4 GM vehicle transformers.

Honestly, I think thats just sad. A movie that is essentially one big advertisement for the flailing US carmaker.

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Patch Notes
7. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2007, 18:53 Stanly Manly

I guess the Turbine shills are coming to the BN forums now, too. Figures.

345 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo