Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stanly Manly

Real Name Stanly Manly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 17, 2002, 22:48
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 15272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of Telara Details
4. Re: Heroes of Telara Details Jun 1, 2009, 19:34 Stanly Manly

As long as they can come up with fun gameplay dynamics, and plenty of content, then I'll play it. I've played lots of MMORPG's, and yes, some have been horrible, clones, or just vaporware. I'm not jaded, as some are. If these guys have a free trial (or open beta), I'll give it a shot and judge the game on its own merits.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Free Volvo Game Next Month
3. Re: Free Volvo Game Next Month Apr 22, 2009, 11:39 Stanly Manly

Not sure if its the same vehicle, but has anyone seen the ads for the volvo that "stops itself"?

Now, I think that is about the dumbest "safety" feature ever. Let me explain. If you hand someone a comb, what do they do? Comb their hair probably. Now, lets say you hand someone a comb and say "thats an unbreakable comb". Now what do they do? They try to break it.

So I think these people that are going to buy these volvos that "stop themselves" are going to be curious and deliberatly try it out, and end up causing more accidents.

News Comments > Westwood College Sued
2. Re: Westwood College Sued Apr 14, 2009, 13:07 Stanly Manly

Yeah... hey did you happen to have a 401k?  

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Mar 28, 2009, 13:46 Stanly Manly

No! Say it isn't so!!!!!

Hopefully it wont take a wrecked ferrari to figure out this one is a scam...

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Sale & Ubi's Good Old Games
2. Re: Far Cry 2 Sale & Ubi's Good Old Games Mar 26, 2009, 13:22 Stanly Manly

Well, I figured I've always wanted to play Beyond Good and Evil, and for 10 bucks, I made the plunge to try out my first digital distribution service.

Simple registration, they took paypal, and you could even download some extra goodies with the game, including a manual. My initial impression is definitely favorable.

My only concerns on digital distributions services at this point (can we just call em DDS?) is that I can forsee having to make a bazillion accounts eventually...

News Comments > Stardock's DRM Goo
11. Re: Stardock's DRM Goo Mar 25, 2009, 14:23 Stanly Manly

All of which require Internet authentication - once highly reviled the world over.

Impulse is a digital distribution services. So, you sort of have to have an internet connection to begin with to get the games.

The problem people have, is with boxed games requiring constant online authentication, when some folks might not have an internet connection (as crazy as that sounds), or you know, your ISP/router/network card malfunctions, and renders your game unplayable.

News Comments > Jack Thompson Writes Obama
14. Re: Jack Thompson Writes Obama Mar 23, 2009, 14:35 Stanly Manly

Instead of getting rid of guns, or violent video games, lets get rid of idiots. Ship em all out to some third world country, starting with Whacko Jacko here.

1. You fail to realize, the world is comprised of 85% idiots.
2. What does Micheal Jackson have to do with this?

News Comments > Jack Thompson Writes Obama
8. Re: Jack Thompson Writes Obama Mar 23, 2009, 13:21 Stanly Manly

how about leaving the Constitution alone.....

Yeah, because the constitution has worked out so well for us.....

News Comments > Sunday Q&A Roundup
1. Re: Starcraft 2 Interview. Mar 22, 2009, 15:01 Stanly Manly

It kills me when agenda is introduced into these types of interviews.

"Strategy Informer: Piracy. This is a pretty big problem for the PC at the moment. What is Blizzard's take on this?"

What is funny is how Mr. Browder basically brushes this aside. I mean, this is Blizzard we are talking about. In a recent article I read, Activision/Blizzard posted financials detailing 0% debt, and nearly $3 billion in cash on hand. Doesn't seem that piracy is a real big problem there.

Of course, I don't expect much from online "journalism".

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 22, 2009, 14:44 Stanly Manly

100% agree. Mouse weights just seem like another gimmick. I think that I move my mouse around in probably a 1 square inch area most of the time. I don't see how adding weight could possibly affect my "performance" in that small of an area.

However, maybe there are folks that mouse in huge, sweeping motions, and weights might make a difference there. Who knows...

News Comments > JT's Bill Passes Utah House
23. Re: JT's Bill Passes Utah House Mar 3, 2009, 18:38 Stanly Manly

At least 1 person has a clue (Littleme).

You can probably count on one hand the number of violent incidents that had high profile media coverage and some mention of video games.

But what people dont seem to ever count, is the number of violent incidents that happen that don't mention video games.

This is the kind of "logic" that dictates public opinion. Ignore the last ten thousand years of voilent human behavior that claimed untold millions of lives and caused untold amounts of suffering through unimaginal acts of cruelty, and focus on the 3 or 4 that mention video games.

And right now, with families being put out on the street because of the housing crisis, this just doesn't seem to be a good use of our goverments time. I mean, its not like those millions of people foreclosing on their homes are really interested in buying GTA4 at the moment.

News Comments > Safety Dance
2. Re: Safety Dance Feb 22, 2009, 19:05 Stanly Manly

Self indulgant "look what a good parent I am" drek. Which is pretty ironic, seeing as how the kid is a prime candidate for diabetes.  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Feb 22, 2009, 18:43 Stanly Manly

Back when I first tried Gamefly (cant recall how many years ago), it was a decent service. They had something called "Fast Turnaround", where they sent your next game as soon as they recieved notification from the post office that your game was in the mailing system. Games that were labeled "Available Now" were actually available. I got just about every game at the top of my queue.

I ended up cancelling the service when I had played all the games I wanted at the time.

When I next started up the service, I was really apalled at how the service had degraded. I didnt get the top games in my queue, and there was about a 2 week turnaround between games. I cancelled quickly. The service is nearly a scam these days, if you ask me.

You would be better off buying and then selling your game on ebay when you are done, or just renting from your local video store.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2009, 18:47.

News Comments > EU Darkfall Next Week
5. Re: EU Darkfall Next Week Feb 19, 2009, 12:56 Stanly Manly

After a mere 10 minutes of research, its fairly apparent this is yet another haven for sociopaths. The forums are alive with griefer vs carebear flame fests. Write it down next to AC Darktide, Eve, etc. Gameplay will center around getting ganked, getting pissed, getting buddies, getting revenge, ad infinium.

Pass.

News Comments > Turbine West Formed, Dave Brevik is Creative Director
1. Sweet! Oct 13, 2008, 13:28 Stanly Manly

Money laundering for the West Coast. Perfect! All those "investors" sure will be happy!

News Comments > LOTRO: Mines of Moria in November, Preorder Details
2. Re: Can't Wait Oct 9, 2008, 12:08 Stanly Manly

Turbine shills at it again I see.

News Comments > Vanguard Update Next Week
4. Re: Trial Sep 9, 2008, 12:04 Stanly Manly

I've been playing VG for about 3 months now, and it's honestly a very decent game. I'm sure anyone who has followed the game knows what a disaster the game was at launch, but it is well worth another shot at this point. Just keep in mind, it is primarily a PvE game.

I normally get around 60 fps on my 9600GT/2GB RAM/E2160 OC'd at 3.6GHz. There is still a bit of hitching, and load times when you cross "chunk" lines, but overall the performance is quite acceptable.

There are still quests that are bugged, that you will need to petition a GM to fix, but GM's are really on top of things in this game. In fact, its about the best GM staff I have ever dealt with in an MMO.

There are still a some annoyances with the game world, mobs stuck in rocks, some places where you can clip through the environment, and some spots that seem to dismount you for no reason.

And a few other quibbles here and there but nothing game breaking that I have seen. They even have a rudimentary UI modding community with a few decent mods to download.

VG is a really decent game. The classes/races are diverse and interesting. The dungeons are top notch. There are more quests than you will know what to do with. Plenty of different starting areas so re-rolling is always a new experience. I see no reason to hold on to any old impressions that one may have of the game, as they are now moot.

If you are looking for a good PvE focused MMO, you'll be doing yourself a disservice if you don't give VG a shot.

P.S. No, I don't work for SOE or anything like that. This is my honest opinion.

News Comments > Diablo III Q&A
6. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2008, 11:38 Stanly Manly

I'm jonesing so badly for a good rpg/hack 'n slash that I can almost taste D3...

News Comments > On Sins Sales
6. Re: 500,000 copies Sep 5, 2008, 11:36 Stanly Manly

Good job Stardock and Ironclad.

News Comments > Wright's Spore Hype
11. Re: Not All Change Is Good Sep 5, 2008, 11:02 Stanly Manly

Can't wait for the excuses after the game doesn't sell as well as expected. I'm sure piracy will be blamed.

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo