Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stanly Manly

Real Name Stanly Manly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 17, 2002, 22:48
Total Comments 329 (Amateur)
User ID 15272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live
24. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 9, 2009, 18:38 Stanly Manly

Would you mind expanding on your comment?
I don't think he can. Or perhahps: "I was just pissing in the wind"

Or perhaps I wasn't sitting here pressing the refresh button.

Anyway, one of the most infamous accounts of Turbine F'ing over gamers is when they sold an expansion pack for one of their older MMO's, then shut the game down shortly afterwards.

I've always kept an eye out for any "announcement" by Turbine. They nearly always end up being some over hyped marketing campaign scam for quick cash.

Turbine is pretty much a company of crooks. You don't have to believe me if you don't want to. But don't say I didn't warn you when you wonder how you could have fallen for such a sham.

Just to give you some perspective on how "free" this is. The full game, including 1 month of play time, is usually available for $5.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Live
9. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron U Sep 9, 2009, 15:11 Stanly Manly

Not surprising. This is Turbine after all.  

News Comments > Gold - DDO Unlimited
9. Re: The Best... Aug 15, 2009, 12:47 Stanly Manly

How does one equate "good twitch skills" with "requires some form of intellect".

Typical elitist.

The game is crap. The AC2 engine has been crap for ages.

News Comments > Gold - DDO Unlimited
4. Re: Gold - DDO Unlimited Aug 14, 2009, 22:15 Stanly Manly

Why in the world would they decide to release this on the same day as Champions Online. Free or not.

Like many people, you are under the false impression that Turbine is somehow trying to make money.

News Comments > RAGE Screenshots
2. Re: RAGE Screenshots Aug 14, 2009, 14:58 Stanly Manly

From a technical perspective, the first screenshot impressed me. The player weapon seemed very well done. Very smooth, rounded edges... matte finish... detailed textures on knobs and other minutia. Its a nice change from the overly shiny, square crap that I have been accustomed to seeing.

However, the latter screenshots just made me cringe. The stretched textures across the obviously low poly areas on the enemy models seemed quite out of place. Maybe it won't be noticeable while playing, but then again, neither will the other details...

If I had to sum it up, I'd have to say "feast or famine".

News Comments > RAGE Trailer, id's Three AAA Teams
15. Re: RAGE Trailer, id's Three AAA Teams Aug 13, 2009, 20:46 Stanly Manly

Was that big guy at the end the guy from Goonies? If so, sign me up for this.

Rocky... road?!

News Comments > RAGE Trailer, id's Three AAA Teams
2. Re: RAGE Trailer, id's Three AAA Teams Aug 13, 2009, 18:47 Stanly Manly

Taken on its own, its defintely not a bad looking trailer. However, there just wasn't anything that looked original, when you compare it to other games. The environment felt very falloutish, with some half life buggy riding, some team fortress/halflife turrets, and a god of war extra big boss.

I might just be jaded, but I don't see any reason to buy it, based on the trailer. Seems like another "me too" fps.

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2009, 23:32 Stanly Manly

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 13, 2009, 07:24.

11. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2009, 23:27 Stanly Manly

* REMOVED *

9. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2009, 23:24 Stanly Manly

* REMOVED *

News Comments > Turbine Turns Up Funding
1. Re: Turbine Turns Up Funding Aug 11, 2009, 12:46 Stanly Manly

I guess people still haven't figured out that Turbine is just a money laundering outfit for the Boston area.  

News Comments > PS3 RAGE Rage Addressed
19. Re: PS3 RAGE Rage Addressed Jul 31, 2009, 17:01 Stanly Manly

What is going to be funny is just how completely unimportant this game will probably turn out to be. I know we all have a soft spot in our heart for the creator of doom and quake, but today, any new fps is just yet another fett clone in a sea of fett clones.

I do love the sensationalist media hype though. Always good for a laugh.

News Comments > Spore ScoreCard
1. Re: Spore ScoreCard Jul 30, 2009, 20:53 Stanly Manly

*yawn*  

News Comments > EVE Online Movie
9. Re: EVE Online Movie Jul 29, 2009, 17:24 Stanly Manly

Dude: First of all, the pirates attacking one miner are going to be pitiful. There's no "BOOM, dead" in that situation, unless you're an NPC, so it's a choice. Also, months of training doesn't vanish with your expensive ship, or even with getting podded.

Secondly, the PVP doesn't find you unless you unless you're doing something reckless. I like your cat-and-mouse analogy, but think of it this way: unless you have back-up, you are a mouse in Eve. Even the strongest Titan will be destroyed by hordes of smaller ships, that's why you travel in fleets.

Don't act like dealing with other players is too much trouble. If you're absolutely unable to find a corp to play with in-game, go to the official messageboards and so who's recruiting.

All of which is completely meaningless to a new player who thinks they can "fend off some pirates" as referenced in the movie. Its just a blatent fabrication.

Don't get me wrong, I still play Eve from time to time, but it is certainly not the game that is portrayed in that video.

News Comments > EVE Online Movie
7. Re: EVE Online Movie Jul 29, 2009, 16:30 Stanly Manly

Imagine you warp into an asteroid field and find a mining ship getting attacked by pirates, you decide to...DEAD. You died because the pirates attacking outnumbered you and insta-killed you with WAY BETTER WEAPONRY the instant you came out of warp, game just didn't realize how fast you died, so you thought you might have a choice. Now you're in a pod, what are you going...BOOM, dead. You should have tried to flee but they got you. Sorry try again later.

Almost right. But to be even more accurate, the new player would never have gotten to the miner in the first place, because they would be blown up right as they decloaked out of the warpgate.

Nice video. Absolutely no relevence to the real game, however.

News Comments > EVE Bank Robbery
4. Re: something for *virtually* nothing Jul 3, 2009, 12:21 Stanly Manly

*yawn*

Viral marketing is fun...

News Comments > China Hasn't Banned Gold Farming
16. Re: China Hasn't Banned Gold Farming Jul 1, 2009, 14:15 Stanly Manly

Oh, don't you worry. I never plan on breeding. Babies are fucking up this planet almost as much as China. Didn't you read what I wrote before? We need less babies. Just look at all the hard gangster wannabes shooting up neighborhoods.

And you don't put an apostrophe with "its" unless you're trying to say "it is." Go to school.

So sophomoric.

14. Re: China Hasn't Banned Gold Farming Jul 1, 2009, 13:03 Stanly Manly

So you can prove conclusively that you have to grind longer because of chinese gold farmers?

Oddly enough, it always seems to me that prices go down, not up. Also seems that plenty of gear drops from dungeons, or quests, or raids. Crazy, I know.

Keep parroting off what someone else told you though, that cluelessness looks good on ya.

5. Re: China Hasn't Banned Gold Farming Jul 1, 2009, 11:53 Stanly Manly

Demand... supply. I don't see a problem.

Whiners who want to champion the "cause" of in game "economies" are the same kind of people who strap themselves to a tree to protest it from being cut down. Some people just want to complain about something. And they will never be able to give any substantial reasoning behind their protest. Just parrot off whatever someone else told them.

I mean, seriously, its a video game. Step back and say that again... vid e o game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ghostbusters
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Ghostbusters Jun 16, 2009, 11:24 Stanly Manly

$60, $30, $20??

Rental.

329 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo