Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stanly Manly

Real Name Stanly Manly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 17, 2002, 22:48
Total Comments 323 (Amateur)
User ID 15272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Layoffs?
21. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 9, 2009, 18:05 Stanly Manly

Then they started producing IPs like Dead Space, Mirror's Edge and Warhammer Online, then they start to lose a lot of money.

How could one group games like Mirror's Edge and Dead Space with Warhammer? I own the first two, and they were solid games(Dead Space being one of THE best I have ever played). Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't both fairly successful, or at least profitable?

Lots of people saw the writing on the wall with Warhammer from long ago. The game tried too hard to be simultaneously exactly like WoW, and nothing like WoW. It was needlessly convoluted in its UI, yet unbelievably chinchy on its character animations and action queuing system. Simply put, the game was just a big red hype ribbon around a really stinky turd.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Visually Impaired Gamer Sues Sony
31. Re: Visually Impaired Gamer Sues Sony Nov 8, 2009, 19:38 Stanly Manly

I'm only concerned with the key argument: they're being inconsiderate.

Cry more?

Being able to see and hear a game clearly is pretty essential to playing it.

Right, so if you cannot see or hear clearly, then you are the problem, not games or game developers. Video games are developed and marketed for gamers with fully functional senses and appendages. Anyone else will either have to make due with their own limitations, or simply choose to not play these games.

Since you don't seem to have a clue, I'll give you one, free of charge. If you don't like something, don't buy it. If you like something, buy it.

I'm sure that doesn't make sense to you, since not only are you visually impaired, but mentally challenged. But its ok to be confused, the feeling will pass eventually. And remember, no charge for that clue, so you can't sue me for it.

News Comments > Visually Impaired Gamer Sues Sony
20. Re: Visually Impaired Gamer Sues Sony Nov 8, 2009, 17:29 Stanly Manly

I am too shy to ask women out, so I am suing all women for not making their genitals easily accessible to me.  

News Comments > WoW Microtransactions Begin
15. Re: WoW Microtransactions Begin Nov 4, 2009, 18:10 Stanly Manly

Never played WoW but still it looks like a little kids game you would find in Japan. with those graphics & color pallet I just dont get the appeal.

You are right. Those 11.5 million people are obviously stupid, and have no business having their own taste in games. How dare they play anything that you don't personally like, especially when you give games such a thorough and critical review.

Douchebag.

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
4. Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 4, 2009, 18:04 Stanly Manly

RIP Ubisoft.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Origins
50. Re: Dragon Age Ships Nov 3, 2009, 15:13 Stanly Manly

RE: Demon's Souls.

A few things that really helped me to start to "master" DS, were simple tactical changes in my gameplay.

Knowing when to use 1h/shield vs 2h vs Range, knowing what weapon type, weapon damage, resist ring, armor type, attack patterns, etc to use in each world or against each monster type.

Also, the Thief's Ring is probably the best ring you can wear in the game. What it affords you is the ability to not be noticed by monsters from so far away, giving you time to assess the situation before being accosted by a possibly overwhelming force.

Another tip that might help you, a shield and piercer (spear/rapier) setup is one of the best all around setups, because you can attack while blocking. Approach while blocking, then jab in quickly when the enemy raises up to attack for extra damage.

Good luck man =).

46. Re: Dragon Age Ships Nov 3, 2009, 15:05 Stanly Manly

RE: Uncharted 2.

Ugh, that game was barely worth the rent. Reminded me way too much of Killzone 2. Amazing visuals, technically impressive, yet just tedious and frenetic to actually play. I was forcing my way through levels just to see cutscenes and finish the game, not because it was enjoyable.

Can't comment on the multiplayer aspect though, as I was not interested in it. Perhaps that is the game's saving grace, because an 8 hour single player campaign with a meaningless collection "sidegame", predictable story, repetitive ambush style fights, and typical "find relic that leads to another relic that leads to another relic" game design is just not enough to warrant a $60 purchase price.

32. Re: If D2D ever unlocks it... Nov 3, 2009, 13:48 Stanly Manly

And with The Witcher, Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles still awaiting my attention...Dragon's Age will have to wait.

I can't speak for The Witcher, but Demon's Souls and Valkyria Chronicles were great games. You won't be disappointed.

One word of advice in Demon's Souls... the first time you lose what appears to be a ridiculously large amount of souls, just realize that later on, you will wonder why you even cared about such a small amount.

17. Re: If D2D ever unlocks it... Nov 3, 2009, 12:53 Stanly Manly

If you think gamespot gives credible reviews, then I've got some great investments for you with guaranteed 30% returns.  

News Comments > Asheron's Call Anniversary
13. Re: Asheron's Call Anniversary Nov 2, 2009, 18:36 Stanly Manly

AC was crap. You had to use a 3rd party application to figure out your spells (sweetpea), you had to use manastones to "recharge" your magic items, pathing and monster AI was horrendous, loot was ridiculous, farming/grinding was tedious, the buffing system was utterly sadistic, and the running... dear god the endless running...

AC fans remind me of people with fecalphilia... sure they might enjoy the taste of crap, but most people probably won't.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Wine Tycoon
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Wine Tycoon Nov 2, 2009, 10:55 Stanly Manly

Next up... Meth Mogul.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Game Reviews Nov 1, 2009, 14:49 Stanly Manly

I picked up Torchlight, too. Great little game. I have a few gripes with the UI, but hopefully they should be addressed in a patch.

I highly recommend playing on hard or very hard. Normal and easy should be named "really easy" and "even easier than that". The increased difficulty settings really make you think a bit more, instead of just spamming attack.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Man "Caught" Naked. Oct 26, 2009, 11:24 Stanly Manly

Myself and my wife are often nude around the house. I imagine a lot of people are. I find nothing offensive or indecent about nudity. This reeks of some bitter, overzealous "christian" trying to push her "morality" on others.

Now, if the guy had his balls up on the glass and was rubbing his nips, that would be a different story. But hell, I've stumbled out of bed after an all-nighter and not realized the shades weren't all the way drawn, as well. Life goes on.

Get over it.

News Comments > Shattered Horizon System Requirements
7. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 11:52 Stanly Manly

If your going to bitch & moan about these "uber high requirements" for games than please dont be a PC gamer & stick to the consoles. PC gaming is like any other hobby (Ie: Golf, Diving, etc.) it's expensive & if you want to hang with the rest of the crowd you need to drop some dough. I agree that maybe its a bit early to push a Vista/Win 7 exclusive right now but by now everyone should have a DX10 card.

Just put it on your credit card! Thats smart economics!

News Comments > Shattered Horizon System Requirements
3. Re: Shattered Horizon System Requirements Oct 22, 2009, 11:03 Stanly Manly

Nothing like shiny new graphics to try and spur new hardware/OS sales.

Maybe its just me, but I don't really feel like spending $2000 right now to play this game. Admittedly, it does look nice, and the zero-g flight looks interesting, but just not interesting enough.

"Shattered Horizon requires DirectX 10". I wonder exactly what the visual differences would be, if it were made in DX9, and would anyone notice while playing?

News Comments > Flash Dragon Age Prequel
5. Re: Flash Dragon Age Prequel Oct 18, 2009, 23:14 Stanly Manly

Hey could we have some more Dragon Age hype, please?

Bioware is looking more like Turbine every day.

News Comments > DDO Cashes in on Free Play
10. Re: DDO Cashes in on Free Play Oct 14, 2009, 15:51 Stanly Manly

People are also finding that DDO is a great game. Much better in many respects than everything else out there.

Thanks for the laugh. Opinions are funny, when the person expressing them believe them to be facts. For example, 3 million Chinese drink their own urine, believing it is "healthy". However, over 6 billion people do not drink their own urine, and interestingly enough, are still healthy enough overall to continue to live and procreate.

So, in other words, DDO is piss. A few people will try it, say its great, and try to convince others they should drink piss, too. However, if one looks at the facts, it appears more people would rather drink something other than piss.

Keep on keeping on.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Merchandizing
10. Re: Dragon Age=Next D&D? Oct 13, 2009, 12:02 Stanly Manly

I want this game to not suck.. I really do. Somehow I feel like I'm going to be disappointed.

Just got done watching a fairly long gameplay video. The game looked like it played nearly exactly like Neverwinter Nights 2. Personally, I felt NWN2 was simply not fun, as the gameplay boiled down to struggling against the abhorrent party AI and dynamics.

I guess if you enjoyed NWN2, you'll enjoy DA:O.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Merchandizing
5. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Merchandizing Oct 13, 2009, 11:07 Stanly Manly

This, and the DLC on day 1...

This game just oozes hubris. The attitude behind the game feels like the devs envision an already massive fanbase clamoring for every last tidbit of merchandise.

Seems more like a disneyesque "premade popstar in a box" concept. You know, where they take some unknown, make a sitcom about them being popular, and all the sudden they become popular.

Dragon Age.. the Hanna Montana of video games.

Oh, and yeah.. pass.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2009, 11:09.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans
106. Re: Dragon Age DLC Plans Oct 8, 2009, 12:09 Stanly Manly

All will be forgiven if you guys make a Baldur's Gate 3 in classic isometric view.

323 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo