Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stanly Manly

Real Name Stanly Manly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 17, 2002, 22:48
Total Comments 317 (Amateur)
User ID 15272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
28. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 18:42 Stanly Manly

Yep, customers are realizing that studios are making shitty movies and slapping 3D on them as cash grab, and use those awful "in your face" cheap effects that are just nauseating.

I liked the 3D in Prometheus and The Hobbit. Most movies just do not need it though...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
33. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 30, 2014, 02:48 Stanly Manly

Anyone remember the original Dungeon Siege? Remember how utterly dull it was to just sort of twirl your weapon when you fought, and it didn't have any visceral feeling to it at all? Remember how bland everything looked? Remember how it was like 12 years ago? Now just imagine if someone made a game like that today, and called it an MMO.

For the players' sake, I hope no one makes a game like that, and that no one pre-orders it. Just saying. Don't say I didn't warn you.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 27, 2014, 14:24 Stanly Manly

If my little neighborhood is any indication (not saying it is), the 3ds and Wii U are far more entertaining for kids than any other systems we have. Granted we don't own a ps4 or xbone yet (doubtful we will get either anytime soon, since their game library isn't impressive).

Lots of the neighborhood kids bring their 3ds's over to play with our kids on their own, and the play room can get packed with them all having a blast with some party game on the Wii U.

I really don't understand how people get so involved in choosing one console system over another, to the point where they become fanatical about it, and won't even consider trying out a device they consider "beneath" them in some way.

When I hear the squeals of joy and laughter from 5 or 6 kids playing together, that right there is what matters.

We have a nexus tablet and an ipod, and the kids rarely play any of the downloadable games on them. If they aren't on the 3ds or Wii U, then it's all about minecraft on their laptops.

Heck, I loved the 3ds 3d effect. I just can't play handhelds much because they give me cramps in my hands due to their small size. I'll have to suffer through it when the new Zelda games arrives from gamefly, though...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 23, 2014, 23:12 Stanly Manly

If only they had put this money into something worthwhile. Like, you know, making a game not suck.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
35. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 12:49 Stanly Manly

I totally did not uninstall some random beta after struggling to enjoy it for an hour. I absolutely did not facepalm in disbelief that any "big name studio" could put out a game this completely bland and generic.  

News Comments > Blackguards Demos
3. Re: Blackguards Demos Jan 22, 2014, 19:48 Stanly Manly

Count me in.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Cursed" Trailer
11. Re: Dark Souls II Jan 15, 2014, 19:17 Stanly Manly

Dunno... I loved the hell out of Demon's Souls, as did a good gaming friend of mine. However, we both agreed that Dark Souls was far more tedious than challenging. It just got to a point where I wasn't motivated to play, simply because it wasn't fun anymore. My buddy came to the same conclusion.

If they can shift the balance back, I will certainly give it a shot, but not holding my breath at this point.

News Comments > LOTRO License Renewed
3. Re: LOTRO License Renewed Jan 14, 2014, 16:08 Stanly Manly

I tried my best to warn people about Turbine...  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 12, 2014, 21:07 Stanly Manly

The transcription for the lecture is as follows:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
WAAAAA HAAA HAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
ME ME ME BOO HOO ME ME WAAAAA!!

There. I saved any potential listeners an hour.

News Comments > Red 5 Removes CEO Mark Kern
8. Re: Red 5 Removes CEO Mark Kern Dec 20, 2013, 18:37 Stanly Manly

Hah! Honestly, I feel sorry for anyone who sank money into this game. The entire concept that got me interested was a huge open world with pvp... and now that will never happen.

With the unbearable grind with crafting and progression now, there is just no reason to play this game. Sad, I had a glimmer of hope a while back that this was going to turn out good.

Warframe you say? Checking that out now...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2013, 18:14 Stanly Manly

I really don't understand the whole thing about a competition between the Wii U and the other "next gen" consoles. I currently have a ps3, xbox360, and Wii... not to mention a couple of 3ds's.

My first "next gen" console purchase was a Wii U, because there just isn't any compelling reason for me to buy a PS4 or XBox1 right now.

I really like the Wii U, and my kids absolutely love it. Honestly, most people will snub the Wii U for not being the same spec as other machines, but that is just an elitist thing. The games we have on it are fun as hell, and neither me or my kids care if the graphics are not super high end.

There is nothing wrong with Nintendo. What is wrong is that most gamers today want super competitive, graphically dazzling titles that they can say they are awesome in. I doubt any of the Madden 2148 or COD 18 players would ever look at Pikmin or Mario titles, even though those games are great fun.

I've owned Nintendos since the NES, and I have loved every system. It saddens me that there are not enough gamers that genuinely appreciate the types of fun quirky games that make Nintendo consoles a must buy in my household.

News Comments > etc.
24. Re: etc. Nov 27, 2013, 21:45 Stanly Manly

I just blew a wad in my shorts over C&C: Renegade remake. One of my all time favorite games. I just pray they put in the "bink" sound when you kill someone. I'll be hot on the trail of noobs in my apc running them down as they exit their base.... mmmm, good times.

Gotta call some of my old griefer apc buddies and give em the good news.

News Comments > Red Baron Remake Kickstarter
21. Re: Red Baron Remake Kickstarter Oct 22, 2013, 21:33 Stanly Manly

Not sure if I'll get the game, but I tossed 5 bucks at them for a couple reasons...

1. They are based out of Eugene, Oregon. Gotta support my community.

2. He seems genuinely passionate about the game, and I get the feeling he'll deliver something that the fans of the genre will enjoy. I can definitely support that =).

Hope it turns out well for devs and fans alike!

News Comments > Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 20:05 Stanly Manly

Firefall is not good.  

News Comments > Loot Drop's Tom Hall/Brenda Brathwaite Kickstarter
7. Re: Loot Drop's Tom Hall/Brenda Brathwaite Kickstarter Oct 3, 2012, 10:51 Stanly Manly

loomy wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 10:40:
posting for history. I was there when john romero scammed the industry and got paid for nothing, I was there during his exodus, and I'm here when he returns to do it again. full circle mother fuckers

Yep, I am with you. I can't help but feel this is a scam. After witnessing the success of the Project Eternity kickstarter, it seems they just threw together a bunch of vague bullet points about an RPG and hoped to ride some coattails to free money.

Just pass... I bet we see a lot more of this type of bullshit now, since KS is starting to open more eyes, and even spawned a copycat business already.

News Comments > Nexus 2 Kickstarter
34. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 29, 2012, 11:33 Stanly Manly

Someone smokes a lot of pot...  

News Comments > On Wasteland 2 Writing
5. Re: On Wasteland 2 Writing Sep 28, 2012, 23:04 Stanly Manly

I'm still skeptical, but I totally got wood after reading this. If they can pull it off, I'll definitely buy.  

17. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 28, 2012, 18:52 Stanly Manly

Eraser, you should try to eat your own feces. If you don't like it, you should just keep trying. If you complain about it, you simply don't know how to eat feces the right way. If you don't like the taste, its because you obviously don't have a sophisticated pallete. If it makes you gag, then you need to take at least 30 minutes to put your finger down your throat first, so you get used to controlling your gag reflex. If you don't like the peanuts, you should know that they aren't actually peanuts, they are discolored bacteria groups. I mean, when was the last time you swallowed a whole peanut?  

13. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 28, 2012, 15:55 Stanly Manly

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 15:21:
Wow the posts in this topic make me sad to be a pc gamer. Too complicated? Nexus? A game you could win with the shift key and 1 mouse button?

And to the guy saying the game felt staged.. I have only 1 thing to say to that.. DUH.
Reread the genre, TACTICAL COMBAT SIMULATION. Read up what a tactical combat challenge IS. That is the very definition of STAGED COMBAT in a game. To complain that the game felt staged is like saying that Homeworld 2 had too much space. Or that there was too much shooting in Call of Duty. Tactical challenges HAVE to be staged. Or it would be brainless skirmish.

But the sad abilities of pc gamers we have here aside, why is this kickstarter 2 days shorter than Obsidian one?

Hah, the old "you are playing it wrong" bit. Do you dislike any games, Eraser? If you do, it's because your abilities are sub par, and you obviously don't understand the genre, duh.

3. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 28, 2012, 11:02 Stanly Manly

I purchased a copy of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident many years ago, and have tried many times to get into the game, but to no avail.

I just never felt in control. The UI was just a mess. The actual action was dull. The only way to really see an entire battle was to zoom out so far that you were looking at little "+" marks on the screen.

I really wanted to like the game, because I enjoyed the story, but always gave up in disgust when I found myself, yet again, realizing that I had absolutely no clue what was going on during a battle. Which ship was attacking my fighters? Who knows! Were my lasers having any effect? Its a mystery! Did my missiles actually hit? Anyone's guess! Which ship was I controlling again? Doesn't matter!

I'll probably get crucified from some die hard fans of the game, but I sincerely tried (my last effort was a mere 3 months ago) to give the game a chance, but I just never felt like I was playing it, merely going along for the ride and hoping for the best.

Edit: Oh, and dear god, that had to be about the cheesiest kickstarter video ever. Please guys, don't try to act...

317 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo