Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stanly Manly

Real Name Stanly Manly   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 17, 2002, 22:48
Total Comments 328 (Amateur)
User ID 15272

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Previews
5. Re: Morning Previews Jun 27, 2014, 15:51 Stanly Manly

The problem I had with Wildstar wasn't the content, difficulty, classes, or any of that sort of stuff.

Put simply, the combat dynamics were just plain awful. Combat felt like spammy button mashing nonsense, and the only skills that seemed to have any strategic worth were stuns. Other than that, just mash whatever generic ability was on cooldown when it came up.

On top of that, the "telegraph" system and overdone spell effects rendered the game nearly unplayable for me. I literally could not see anything on screen except colored boxes on the ground, and shiny sparkly effects while fighting stuff in dungeons.

The pvp was just retarded, too. Spamming abilities that would cover the ground with colored boxes to the point where you could not distinguish one ability from another was absolutely dumb. Not to mention being fully mobile while casting these things pretty much turned every pvp encounter into "spray and pray".

I would love to take part of a hardcore mmorpg again, but Wildstar missed the mark bigtime with their combat system. I went back to playing Tera because I wanted good combat again (although the rest of the game kinda sucks, the combat is top notch as far as mmo's go).

Give me Tera combat with a hardcore, raid centric game like Wildstar, and I'll throw my money at it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
16. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 13:38 Stanly Manly

Ugh, I keep going back and forth about this game because I keep hearing different things about PvP. Now the word is it has actual, honest to god, open world PvP, and so I want to try it.

However, having fully switched over to Ubuntu a while back, I can't get it to run, haha. Any WINE experts out there got it working? I've tried PlayOnLinux and CrossOver, and all I get is a blank white splash screen with an "accept" and "decline" button regarding the EULA, but nothing happens when I press either, heh.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders
13. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Details; Preorders May 3, 2014, 14:27 Stanly Manly

Where is the downvote option?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
3. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 10:38 Stanly Manly

HorrorScope wrote on May 1, 2014, 10:23:
A system that allows grouped players to see each other even when they’re in different phases.

This was my #1 issue why I wouldn't consider it, not saying the only one. But man I asked over and over and players said "It was fixed", obviously it's not since it's on their list. Man it sucks when the player base can't be straight with direct questions.

Fanboys and shills... fanboys and shills...

Don't ever expect a real answer from the kinds of "players" who sing the praises of games like this.

News Comments > ArcheAge Founder's Packs
2. Re: ArcheAge Founder's Packs Apr 25, 2014, 10:43 Stanly Manly

This founder pack shit is getting ridiculous. I'll toss a few dollars here and there at a kickstarter, but $150 for a game you probably wouldn't pay $20 for at retail is fucking stupid.

And it has microtransactions... Really not liking this trend.

News Comments > WildStar Devs on Warplots
3. Re: WildStar Devs on Warplots Apr 24, 2014, 00:49 Stanly Manly

I'm talking more like vanilla WoW.  

News Comments > WildStar Devs on Warplots
1. Re: WildStar Devs on Warplots Apr 23, 2014, 21:21 Stanly Manly

Got a beta invite for the weekend. Honestly I am not excited for this game at all anymore. Battlegrounds and instanced worlds... Just nothing new.

Someone, please... make a non-instanced MMO with open world pvp...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 21, 2014, 12:20 Stanly Manly

For the most part it was a whimsical article, but he hit upon one good idea, I think, that perhaps PC's would be more popular if they had "idiot proof" upgrade capabilities. Slide in a new processor or graphics update, etc.

For most people, a PC is a magic black box, and opening it up is the last thing they would ever try. Cripes, I don't even try to explain hardware to either of my parents. It's a challenge just to tell them the ad that says "Your PC may be at risk!" is really not something they want to click on. Can't even imagine trying to get one of them to swap out some RAM sticks, let alone a CPU, ugh.

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
15. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 12:11 Stanly Manly

Heh. Honestly this is pretty funny. It's like the devs just sort of glossed over the last decade of issues that have arisen in MMO's, and just figured they were special snowflakes and nothing would ever happen to them.

Just another nail in the coffin of this turd. It amazes me they are charging money for this joke of a game, when there are better MMO's available right now for free (and no I am not talking about all the crappy grinder clones).

News Comments > Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures
11. Re: Dupe Bug Causes ESO Bank Closures Apr 18, 2014, 23:11 Stanly Manly

Perma bans already? Sheesh. Haven't MMO's figured out yet that you don't punish your players for stuff that should have been working right in the first place? This game is going to tank anyway, who cares if some asshats get more gold/plat/funny munny.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 18, 2014, 18:19 Stanly Manly

The Intel bit is a mixed bag for me. Living in the same area (Hillsboro, OR) as Intel, I want to see them succeed as a company, because they are a very large employer in this area, and they do make great products.

This, however, is not the way to go about it. There just isn't a need for PC's like there used to be. Everyone just uses their mobile phones these days, and there isn't much incentive for folks (other than PC gamers) to upgrade to a new PC, since their current one is probably just collecting dust. Heck, I have not upgraded for quite some time, and I sincerely don't see myself upgrading for anything.

It's just like the whole Windows XP thing. No businesses wanted to upgrade from it, because there just wasn't any reason to. Saying that you will somehow magically become more creative and inspired just because you have a new PC is complete hogwash.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
28. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 8, 2014, 18:42 Stanly Manly

Yep, customers are realizing that studios are making shitty movies and slapping 3D on them as cash grab, and use those awful "in your face" cheap effects that are just nauseating.

I liked the 3D in Prometheus and The Hobbit. Most movies just do not need it though...

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
33. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 30, 2014, 02:48 Stanly Manly

Anyone remember the original Dungeon Siege? Remember how utterly dull it was to just sort of twirl your weapon when you fought, and it didn't have any visceral feeling to it at all? Remember how bland everything looked? Remember how it was like 12 years ago? Now just imagine if someone made a game like that today, and called it an MMO.

For the players' sake, I hope no one makes a game like that, and that no one pre-orders it. Just saying. Don't say I didn't warn you.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 27, 2014, 14:24 Stanly Manly

If my little neighborhood is any indication (not saying it is), the 3ds and Wii U are far more entertaining for kids than any other systems we have. Granted we don't own a ps4 or xbone yet (doubtful we will get either anytime soon, since their game library isn't impressive).

Lots of the neighborhood kids bring their 3ds's over to play with our kids on their own, and the play room can get packed with them all having a blast with some party game on the Wii U.

I really don't understand how people get so involved in choosing one console system over another, to the point where they become fanatical about it, and won't even consider trying out a device they consider "beneath" them in some way.

When I hear the squeals of joy and laughter from 5 or 6 kids playing together, that right there is what matters.

We have a nexus tablet and an ipod, and the kids rarely play any of the downloadable games on them. If they aren't on the 3ds or Wii U, then it's all about minecraft on their laptops.

Heck, I loved the 3ds 3d effect. I just can't play handhelds much because they give me cramps in my hands due to their small size. I'll have to suffer through it when the new Zelda games arrives from gamefly, though...

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 23, 2014, 23:12 Stanly Manly

If only they had put this money into something worthwhile. Like, you know, making a game not suck.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"
35. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated Jan 23, 2014, 12:49 Stanly Manly

I totally did not uninstall some random beta after struggling to enjoy it for an hour. I absolutely did not facepalm in disbelief that any "big name studio" could put out a game this completely bland and generic.  

News Comments > Blackguards Demos
3. Re: Blackguards Demos Jan 22, 2014, 19:48 Stanly Manly

Count me in.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Cursed" Trailer
11. Re: Dark Souls II Jan 15, 2014, 19:17 Stanly Manly

Dunno... I loved the hell out of Demon's Souls, as did a good gaming friend of mine. However, we both agreed that Dark Souls was far more tedious than challenging. It just got to a point where I wasn't motivated to play, simply because it wasn't fun anymore. My buddy came to the same conclusion.

If they can shift the balance back, I will certainly give it a shot, but not holding my breath at this point.

News Comments > LOTRO License Renewed
3. Re: LOTRO License Renewed Jan 14, 2014, 16:08 Stanly Manly

I tried my best to warn people about Turbine...  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 12, 2014, 21:07 Stanly Manly

The transcription for the lecture is as follows:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
WAAAAA HAAA HAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
ME ME ME BOO HOO ME ME WAAAAA!!

There. I saved any potential listeners an hour.

328 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo