Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for joe

Real Name joe   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname seenitall
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 13, 2002, 18:05
Total Comments 334 (Amateur)
User ID 15218

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
50. Re: Books vs Movies Jul 27, 2004, 17:11 seenitall

I had trouble enjoying the first Bourne movie simply because Matt Damon cannot act and the dialogue was horrible, the story was bland ect ect.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Kingpin: Final Crime
7. Re: You Talking To Me?!! Jul 27, 2004, 07:26 seenitall

Kingpin actually had alot going for it for it's day, hell even for today's games.

-Pain skins, though crude, were alot more than most later games had.

-Blood actually appeared to pool from under the body. Still crude but again, more than alot of other and later games.

-NPC bodies were destructable, you could blow off arms and legs ect. Think you'll be able to blow the arm off of a zombie in Doom3? I doubt it. Though that would be an awesome feature.

-NPC interaction was even better than half life, meaning you could choose to be aggressive, or "friendly" with the character.

Then of course comes the cussing

I'm gonna f**k you up man!

Yo drop that sh*t!

I'm gonna bury those two motherf**kers.

ok the cussing wasn't high tech but kinda makes the game memorable.

News Comments > On DOOM 3 Settings
109. . Jul 27, 2004, 02:27 seenitall

I admit wasn't paying strict attention at the time, but does anyone else remember when AGP first began to appear maybe 8 years ago or so, I thought alot of hardware guru's were saying at the time that now since the vid card has access to system memory, soon vid cards needing on board memory will be a thing of the past, and it will be sooo wonderful. ect ect.

News Comments > Counter-Strike Patch
12. Re: . Jul 26, 2004, 03:05 seenitall

and how much system resources did the predecessor to Steam use?

whats that? there was no predecessor to Steam? and Half Life still managed to not only survive, but totally dominate the online gaming world for 6 years? and people still got their patches? and mods? and WON still validated the game just fine when playing online?

News Comments > Counter-Strike Patch
8. . Jul 25, 2004, 22:04 seenitall

One of the advantages of a system like Steam is they can fix a tiny little thing thats causing problems, just one little issue that is bugging people, and have it patch everyone up automatically within minutes.

Yeah, I guess that's worth downloading and installing a gargantuan AOL-like piece of bloatware that takes your machine down to 486-like performance.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Shake-up
11. . Jul 24, 2004, 07:35 seenitall

These days it's just easier to list the MMORPG's that haven't gone down in flames.

sheesh

News Comments > DOOM 3 Q&As
41. . Jul 23, 2004, 07:57 seenitall

yay another doom3 thread. sorry but damn I hate the game already and I haven't even played it.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Bug Watch
39. . Jul 22, 2004, 08:03 seenitall

If Gabe wants to get rid of bugs, just stop carrying around those damn pheremones.

badamp ba!

anyway, can't stand this slow drip of HL2 stories. Can't decide who's dumber, the gaming media for calling Valve every 5 minutes for an interview, or Gabe for granting it.

I mean, what could they possibly have left to ask--, Hi, are you uh, still working on the game? You are? cool just checking, is it still called Half Life2? Ok great and uh, hey it's still a FPS right? It's still got guns and stuff...?

sheesh

News Comments > Game Movies - Counter-Strike Source
48. Re: . Jul 21, 2004, 01:20 seenitall

Max payne bullet hole decals were good, but still just that, 2D decals instead of a 3D deformation of the wall.

I played the Far Cry demo and the rockets only leave a big black smudge decal on the sand, no crater.

I will say that Max Payne bullet holes beat the HELL out of Far Cry bullet holes. There are some surfaces in FC that don't even take visible bullet damage. That's what I liked about Max Payne, there was distinct visual bullet damage and sound for every surface -- wood, ceramic, metal, cardboard.

May seem like a small thing, but it goes down to environment interaction, making you feel like you are in a tactile world instead of everything being made out of rubber and just absorbing all bullet damage with no trace.

36. . Jul 20, 2004, 05:50 seenitall

Zephalephelah, you give way too much credit to the gaming industry. We can't even get a game where the damn bullet shell casings don't disappear. Nor one where a grenade explosion does not just ghost through walls. Nor one where a bullet will leave a small chip in a wall and a rocket will leave a crater.

28. . Jul 20, 2004, 03:57 seenitall

The CS source vid looks nice, except for the arm as others have mentioned. Apparently it is impossible for a FPS game to have a pov arm model that DOESN'T look like a block of wood.

recently overheard at Valve:

Gabe: "So guys, we have this state of the art engine with awesome water, great physics and nice high-poly player models. What should we make the pov arm look like?"

Rest of the team in unison: "Block of wood, block of wood!"

Gabe: "Exactly what I was thinking, block of wood it is!"

26. . Jul 20, 2004, 03:16 seenitall

I wonder why they even included the AWP in CS:Source. None of the 14 yr old "admins" will let it be used on their servers. Probably a waste of time modeling the M249 also.

It used to be that you practiced and improved your skills, now you just be an "admin" and ban whatever weapons you are not good at.

News Comments > Game Movies - DOOM 3
58. Re: techtv & rtcw2? Jul 18, 2004, 00:53 seenitall

I remember playing the demo of AVP1, I thought the darkness was cool, gave a real feel of the movie. I though I couldn't wait to see where they went from there. Then I got the full game and saw they didn't really go anywhere -- first level - dark, second level, dark, third level dark and dark dark dark dark dark. They took a neat effect and ran it into the ground. I guess at some point I want to see the game. I can close my eyes for free ya know?

I hope it's not that way for D3. I'm sure it will be good and scary and all that, I'm just saying any effect can be overdone.

News Comments > Derek Smart and Freespace 3?
160. Re: DS owns D3 Jul 16, 2004, 08:52 seenitall

All I know is, someday there's gonna be a movie.

And when that day comes, DS is gonna be played by Will Ferrel.

News Comments > DOOM 3 - Client/Server Yes, DVD No
40. Re: dvd... Jul 15, 2004, 08:25 seenitall

p2p mp should be illegal, I mean against the law it's so bad. The host has 0 ping and everyone else is fodder for him. The fact that p2p was even considered by such a legendary team as id is astounding to me. It's that bad.

as for this:

The single-player game is what really makes a game.

I don't think 10's of thousands of gamers out there are hanging on to their HL cd's so they can kill that giant baby over and over.

I'll leave you with some news from the future!:

Doom 9 will be release next week to the delight of gamers everywhere. The 32 CD set will be available nationwide...

News Comments > Morning Q&As
53. . Jul 12, 2004, 19:30 seenitall

It never made sense to me when Valve said the code theft had nothing to do with the delay(s).

That would mean in August of 2003 they honestly thought it would ship in Septeber '03, but were off by oh... about 15 MONTHS.

Just never made sense is all.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
13. Re: No subject Jul 12, 2004, 09:15 seenitall

Yes the disappearing thing annoys me to no end in games. Whether it's bodies, or debris, or shell casings or glass shards. Stuff should stay where it falls. I like to feel like I have affeced an area when I pass through it. I want to see the mayhem that I've caused. There should be a concentration of shell casings where there was a big firefight. I want to see my enemy's body (properly bloodied) slumped over that rail because that's where he fell. I want to see the glass shards under the broken window frame and they should CRUNCH when I walk over them.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
5. we'll see Jul 11, 2004, 21:49 seenitall

Stalker looks pretty ambitious. I'll be surprised if they can deliver what they're promising. Co-op has already been trimmed, I'm waiting for MP to go next.

Don't mean to sound too negative, I'm glad there are dev teams out there who are actually trying to deliver something unique instead of going where every damn game out there has gone before. The physics they talk about are neat, for example; not to mention the freedom of movement/non-linearity.

One thing I did not see mentioned though, when you shoot a bad guy in the leg, for example, do you see a bullet hole in his leg? Or is there no damage visible at all, ala Max Payne (2). Sure, let me just empty 900 rounds into this guys chest and his suit still looks like it just came from the dry cleaners, yeah, that's immersion.

News Comments > Mob Enforcer Trial
5. Re: Lithtech and Valuesoft Jul 10, 2004, 17:44 seenitall

Download 273mb to play for an hour, no thanks.

Then I can buy the demo? Gee thanks, I've always wanted to purchase a demo of a game, that would be so special.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Beta Plans
36. Re: Balance Jul 8, 2004, 08:39 seenitall

I guess I'll have to get a small hard drive and install xp/steam when I want to play HL2. Dumb that I should have to even consider that. Why can't they just make steam optional... if it's so good, people will want to use it,

right?

334 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo