Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pineapple Ferguson

Real Name Pineapple Ferguson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2002, 10:00
Total Comments 387 (Amateur)
User ID 15151

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving
6. Re: Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving Nov 19, 2011, 00:40 Pineapple Ferguson

Rossafur wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 00:33:
Hrmm... getting so hard to resist getting it before that and the mod tools come out. And Thanksgiving weekend would be a good time to crunch down on some Skyrim... Grrr arrgh.

If you liked Oblivion, Skyrim, out of the box, is better in every way (imo). I'm as surprised as anyone that I don't regret buying it early.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving
3. Re: Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving Nov 19, 2011, 00:03 Pineapple Ferguson

I gotta admit that I'm pleasantly surprised with this game. I was originally going to hold off for patches/dlc/goty but too many people whose opinions I trust convinced me to go ahead and get it.. And man it's totally made me unbored with video games again. Aside from the key mapping issues I have practically no complaints and haven't experienced any bugs other than the rare CTD.  

News Comments > Good Old Games Adding Good New Games
4. Re: Good Old Games Adding Good New Games Nov 17, 2011, 19:23 Pineapple Ferguson

I don't pirate games, but I definitely don't buy games that require always on DRM or cripple content if you're not online. I'm looking at you, HOMM VI.  

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
25. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:48 Pineapple Ferguson

raVen wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:24:
MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:16:
Skyrim has been "out" for XBox360 for almost a couple of weeks now. 60hrs in to it and I don't think I'm half way through it. Too many quests and side quests!!! I'll revisit after taking Ezio through his final chapter.

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."

Nice, come into a thread about DRM and go on about how you're 60 hours into an unreleased game. If you were press or something I could see not getting mad about it, but seriously you're a dick.

It's not just that, but he's just gotta go out of his way, every time, in every thread to just casually bring up "Oh yeah, have I mentioned I pirated Skyrim for the 360?" We get it. Take it somewhere else for the sake of fuck.

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
15. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 14:06 Pineapple Ferguson

Now if they ditch this for HOMM6 I just might buy it.  

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
13. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 00:52 Pineapple Ferguson

PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 23:31:

ToEE was a really great.. 3.5 Edition combat simulator

It was so buggy I could never play it. I tried again like a year ago but apparently it doesn't jive with modern tech.

I've played through it again on Win7 x64 within the last year with the latest Co8 mod/patch and it was very stable. All I can say is though it may lack in depth of story, it more than makes up for it in interesting encounters. The art is pretty good too imo.

The Co8 patch not only fixes bugs, but enhances AI and adds new content. You should give it another chance.

http://www.co8.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
7. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 9, 2011, 21:49 Pineapple Ferguson

ToEE was a really great.. 3.5 Edition combat simulator. There wasn't much of a story, but it really does have the most faithful representation of PnP D&D combat in any game ever in that it's turn based and much more tactical than games like Baldur's Gate. That made it good enough for me to really enjoy it. It's even better with the Circle of Eight mods.

A game built on the ToEE engine with the scope of BG or even Icewind Dale would be so great.

News Comments > Skyrim to Offer "Infinite Quests"
30. Re: Skyrim to Offer Nov 9, 2011, 13:08 Pineapple Ferguson

Why would anyone be excited about this? Sounds like a lazy way to make up for a lack of content. And I do agree that it seems fishy that they announce it just now, so close to release date. Definitely reminds me of the Radiant AI about face. Oh well.. this title, is a wait and see for me anyway.  

News Comments > Skyrim DLC Will Be "More Substantial"
19. Re: Skyrim DLC Will Be Nov 8, 2011, 02:59 Pineapple Ferguson

Kajetan wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 01:54:
More substantial?

May that be or not, i'll wait for the All-In-One GotY edition. Patience IS a virtue!

Exactly. I don't want to be part of the public beta or get strung along on piecemeal DLC. I'll take GOTY for 50% off please. I don't mind waiting.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim
70. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 5, 2011, 02:59 Pineapple Ferguson

Yup.. get over your OCD and accept the fact that sometimes you may need to leave that Bronze Tunic of Encumbrance behind.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition in February
16. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition in February Nov 3, 2011, 15:59 Pineapple Ferguson

This is one of the reasons I don't buy games right away anymore. I hate feeling like I'm only getting part of the game. When I get into a game, I want to play through all of the content the first time through and the be done with it. For this reason I still haven't picked up DX:HR (but I will eventually). Same with Skyrim. I'm probably going to pick it up, but not until they're done trickling out the DLC.

Don't get me wrong, there are some great games that I've played through multiple times, but the problem with most DLC is it doesn't continue the story once you've beaten the game, but rathher adds content that you would have seen in your original playthrough if you had had the DLC.

I don't mind a full blown expansion that adds a lot of content and value and continues the story where it left off, but I'm not willing to get nickel and dimed over the course of a year or more just to get an extra four or five hours of gameplay here and there.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Announcement
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 13:41 Pineapple Ferguson

Or, kid, you could maybe take off your rose-tinted goggles and realize that Hellbinder is one guy, and not every Christian believes like he does.

That's one of the great things about Christianity. While it's the infallible word of God, and failing to obey its tenants will doom you to an eternity of fiery torment, you're free to pick which parts of the faith apply to you and then ignore the parts that you don't agree with or find inconvenient. Anyway, did the Original Troll even identify himself as Christian? Does it matter?

We have a new GTA game to look foward to.. coming out for consoles and then maybe if we're lucky a year later for PC. Woo!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 12:46 Pineapple Ferguson

No release date, but have they announced that it'll be console only initially?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Footage
59. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Footage Nov 1, 2011, 00:38 Pineapple Ferguson

Do you think Bethesda, who can't be bothered to streamline the UI for the PC version even a little bit is going to dump resources into creating high resolution textures for PC users? I'll give you a hint: they haven't done it for any of their other games. BUT... I'm sure they learned their lesson and did it this time as a reward for all the suckers..I mean faithful devotees..who preordered their buggy and badly broken game.

I can see the future because I've lived the past!

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action "Plan & Go" Combat Detailed
1. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action "Plan & Go" Combat Detailed Oct 31, 2011, 12:45 Pineapple Ferguson

Terrible. What was wrong with turn based again?  

News Comments > Skyrim Interview; Diary
11. Re: Skyrim Interview; Diary Oct 30, 2011, 17:11 Pineapple Ferguson

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 17:08:
I really want this on day 1, but considering I have bit on their games in the past and had only mountains of frustrations, I will be waiting for the first couple patches.

Learning is fun.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2011, 16:09 Pineapple Ferguson

Now I want to watch the Back the Future movies again.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Rumors
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Rumors Oct 26, 2011, 22:14 Pineapple Ferguson

Kosumo wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 22:09:
How so?
If you want to play RDR, play it on a console.

That's sort of the point. To many people, myself included, it seems like a big "fuck you" to PC gamers to not bother porting, from what I've heard, a great game to PC simply because "meh, we don't really feel like doing it."

Fact is, R* does owe lot of their success to PC gamer support from their earlier titles, so it's not hard to understand why someone who prefers the control and customizability of the PC over the console is disappointed.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Rumors
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Rumors Oct 26, 2011, 22:10 Pineapple Ferguson

Yup. Not a chance in hell I'm gonna buy GTA V for my glorified Blu Ray player aka PS3, but I will when it comes out for PC (a year later (if at all (assuming it doesn't suck))).  

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2011, 15:38 Pineapple Ferguson

Not surprisingly, IGN makes no reference to the always online DRM requirement to enjoy the full game in HOMM6.  

387 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo