Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pineapple Ferguson

Real Name Pineapple Ferguson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2002, 10:00
Total Comments 377 (Amateur)
User ID 15151

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition in February
16. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition in February Nov 3, 2011, 15:59 Pineapple Ferguson

This is one of the reasons I don't buy games right away anymore. I hate feeling like I'm only getting part of the game. When I get into a game, I want to play through all of the content the first time through and the be done with it. For this reason I still haven't picked up DX:HR (but I will eventually). Same with Skyrim. I'm probably going to pick it up, but not until they're done trickling out the DLC.

Don't get me wrong, there are some great games that I've played through multiple times, but the problem with most DLC is it doesn't continue the story once you've beaten the game, but rathher adds content that you would have seen in your original playthrough if you had had the DLC.

I don't mind a full blown expansion that adds a lot of content and value and continues the story where it left off, but I'm not willing to get nickel and dimed over the course of a year or more just to get an extra four or five hours of gameplay here and there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Announcement
29. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Announcement Nov 3, 2011, 13:41 Pineapple Ferguson

Or, kid, you could maybe take off your rose-tinted goggles and realize that Hellbinder is one guy, and not every Christian believes like he does.

That's one of the great things about Christianity. While it's the infallible word of God, and failing to obey its tenants will doom you to an eternity of fiery torment, you're free to pick which parts of the faith apply to you and then ignore the parts that you don't agree with or find inconvenient. Anyway, did the Original Troll even identify himself as Christian? Does it matter?

We have a new GTA game to look foward to.. coming out for consoles and then maybe if we're lucky a year later for PC. Woo!

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 2, 2011, 12:46 Pineapple Ferguson

No release date, but have they announced that it'll be console only initially?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Footage
59. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Footage Nov 1, 2011, 00:38 Pineapple Ferguson

Do you think Bethesda, who can't be bothered to streamline the UI for the PC version even a little bit is going to dump resources into creating high resolution textures for PC users? I'll give you a hint: they haven't done it for any of their other games. BUT... I'm sure they learned their lesson and did it this time as a reward for all the suckers..I mean faithful devotees..who preordered their buggy and badly broken game.

I can see the future because I've lived the past!

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action "Plan & Go" Combat Detailed
1. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action "Plan & Go" Combat Detailed Oct 31, 2011, 12:45 Pineapple Ferguson

Terrible. What was wrong with turn based again?  

News Comments > Skyrim Interview; Diary
11. Re: Skyrim Interview; Diary Oct 30, 2011, 17:11 Pineapple Ferguson

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 30, 2011, 17:08:
I really want this on day 1, but considering I have bit on their games in the past and had only mountains of frustrations, I will be waiting for the first couple patches.

Learning is fun.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2011, 16:09 Pineapple Ferguson

Now I want to watch the Back the Future movies again.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Rumors
4. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Rumors Oct 26, 2011, 22:14 Pineapple Ferguson

Kosumo wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 22:09:
How so?
If you want to play RDR, play it on a console.

That's sort of the point. To many people, myself included, it seems like a big "fuck you" to PC gamers to not bother porting, from what I've heard, a great game to PC simply because "meh, we don't really feel like doing it."

Fact is, R* does owe lot of their success to PC gamer support from their earlier titles, so it's not hard to understand why someone who prefers the control and customizability of the PC over the console is disappointed.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Rumors
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Rumors Oct 26, 2011, 22:10 Pineapple Ferguson

Yup. Not a chance in hell I'm gonna buy GTA V for my glorified Blu Ray player aka PS3, but I will when it comes out for PC (a year later (if at all (assuming it doesn't suck))).  

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2011, 15:38 Pineapple Ferguson

Not surprisingly, IGN makes no reference to the always online DRM requirement to enjoy the full game in HOMM6.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Oct 26, 2011, 15:31 Pineapple Ferguson

Actually I thought it was a pretty funny preview, and in fact it showed that you CAN'T actually do anything you want. Immortal NPCS, respawning travel merchants, unlimited respawning guards. If anything that shows me that while the game will let you get away with a little mayhem, you can't truly conquer the world in your own way. And of course the numerous references to NPCs getting stuck in/on objects, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited to play this game, just like all the others in the series, but I'm definitely going to wait for patches and mods. I figure by the time all the DLC has been released and bundled and the game is on sale, it'll be ready to play.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Stronghold 3
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stronghold 3 Oct 25, 2011, 22:15 Pineapple Ferguson

How disappointing.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Stronghold 3
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stronghold 3 Oct 25, 2011, 19:29 Pineapple Ferguson

Will definitely be grabbing this if the reviews support my hopes!  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week
44. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 17:32 Pineapple Ferguson

They kinda already did Vegas in SA. Course they sorta did Hollywood in SA too...  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week
42. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Next Week Oct 25, 2011, 17:19 Pineapple Ferguson

Beamer wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 15:46:
DG wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 15:42:
*(Beamer: you missed the best one IMHO, especially if you didn't like San Andreas which is my least-liked. VC is the most outragous and fun-orientated one of the 3D versions)

That's what I hear, but I don't think these games are easy to go back to. Each successor builds enough that old ones feel rudimentary.

I wanted to play VC but just never had a good chance for it. At the time I thought GTA was pretty much awe-inspiring. It wasn't until San Andreas that I turned very cold on them.

VC is defintely the most fun and over the top. Great setting, missions, characters, radio stations.. yeah I loved that one. But you're right, it is hard to go back to those games after playing the subsequent ones. There is a mouselook mod for VC, which works pretty well. So that helps.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Might and Magic: Heroes VI Oct 21, 2011, 14:55 Pineapple Ferguson

Dirwulf wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 13:28:
I've blasted the always on connection of Heroes VI since day 1, but that reviewer is a retard. You can set the option to save your game every turn. That way if you do lose your connection, you don't lose any progress.

Either way, always-on DRM for a single player game is an absolute dealbreaker for me. Glad he at least pointed it out and talked about its shortcomings. I half expect other review sites to gloss right over it.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January
9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 14:53 Pineapple Ferguson

If Bioware continues to follow their current trend, this will actually somehow be the worst game they've ever made. No really, it's gonna suck. Don't be retards and preorder this shit. You're just encouraging them to keep screwing you.  

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI & Patch Now Available
7. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI & Patch Now Available Oct 13, 2011, 16:48 Pineapple Ferguson

Terrible. I bought every iteration and most of the expansions for HOMM 1-5, and I was looking forward to this one. But denying content if I'm not online and connected to their tracking system is just not OK with me. No sale. If this is the way PC gaming is going, then I guess I'm done buying games.  

News Comments > Tim Cain Joins Obsidian
13. Re: Tim Cain Joins Obsidian Oct 12, 2011, 18:10 Pineapple Ferguson

Fallout 4 will not be Skyrim with guns, we promise!

Anyway, good for Obsidian. Tim Cain has been involved in some of my favorite games. Fallout, Bloodlines, Arcanum, and Temple of Elemental Evil were all great... after numerous patches. So, you know, he should fit right in at Obsdian. Hey-ohh!

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Preloads
2. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Preloads Oct 11, 2011, 20:44 Pineapple Ferguson

Yeah I'm a HOMM junkie too but I'm gonna hold off on picking it up until it's patched and cheaper.  

377 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo