Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pineapple Ferguson

Real Name Pineapple Ferguson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2002, 10:00
Total Comments 399 (Amateur)
User ID 15151

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch
1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patch Jan 13, 2012, 22:35 Pineapple Ferguson

Does this patch remove the requirement to always be online and connected to their servers to enjoy all the features of the game?

Until that patch, I will never buy this game. Or any game ever that includes this type of crippling DRM.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues
16. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues Jan 12, 2012, 02:01 Pineapple Ferguson

Dev wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 00:48:
I own stalker but haven't played it much more than a couple hours.

Someone posted this link in another thread to Stalker Complete
Its a mod that improves a lot things on the game, mostly graphics.
The description excites me:
It was designed by professional graphic artists with rich experience in the field, following industry standards for creating interactive 3D environments. It features artistic works and modifications from many community members unified under one art direction.
[...]
Natural lighting, vast panoramic views, depth of field, parallax mapping, SSAO, over 900 reworked texture files, including vehicles and armor suites with manual bump editing, you won't believe it's the same game.
And thats just part of the stuff listed.

I'm thinking of using that for my first time playthrough.

Definitely use the Complete mod, even for your first playthrough. Aside from improving the graphics, it addresses a lot of bugs, localization issues, and general annoyances present in the vanilla version, without altering anything that impacts the spirit of the game. To me, it elevates it from flawed gem to near perfection.

Clear Sky was disappointing, Pripyat was great, but the original will always be in my top 10.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues
2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues Jan 11, 2012, 22:23 Pineapple Ferguson

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 21:59:
Please don't suck.

Yeah, that.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
8. Re: Sunday Previews Jan 8, 2012, 22:39 Pineapple Ferguson

Prez wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 20:05:
I'm getting a little tired of previews that make excuses for the removal of the turn-based combat in Jagged Alliance. I don't care if it works well; this is not a goddamned remake if such a profound fundamental change is made to the gameplay ( I'd go so far as to say it isn't even JA at all without turn-based play). I loved Fallout 3 but to call it a "remake" of Fallout would be erroneous and asinine. Call me anal, but this shit pisses me off.

I have to agree with you. Fallout Tactics proved that it's possible to make this type of game and give the player the option to choose between true turn based or real time with pause. Don't see why they can't do the same thing here. I am interested in this though, so I'm reserving judgment until they post some gameplay vids so people can see for themselves how it plays out.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Patched
12. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patched Dec 24, 2011, 10:41 Pineapple Ferguson

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 10:22:
MisterBenn wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 20:13:
So I have a question - is this game / series any good?
The first two were great, the rest less so. Although I haven't really looked at this latest version.

The first two were great, but the third one is generally regarded as the best of the series. A sentiment I agree with. I liked em all but IV was definitely the weakest one.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Patched
4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Patched Dec 23, 2011, 14:11 Pineapple Ferguson

I will definitely be buying this if they patch out the always on DRM. In fact, I would have already bought it if not for that.  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2011, 22:47 Pineapple Ferguson

Brink for $5 and yet it still seems like a waste of money.  

News Comments > Skyrim LAA Patch
10. Re: Skyrim LLA Patch Dec 21, 2011, 00:40 Pineapple Ferguson

You don't HAVE to have it, but if you have more than 3 gigs of RAM and a 64 bit OS and want your game to be able to effectively utilize those resources then you need the LAA exe.  

News Comments > GSC Game World Closing?
9. Re: GSC Game World Closing? Dec 9, 2011, 12:41 Pineapple Ferguson

Ahh bummer. Stalker SoC with the Complete mod was an amazing experience and single-handedly disproved John Carmack's notion that story in an FPS doesn't matter.  

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Back in Action in February 2012
3. Re: Jagged Alliance: Back in Action in February 2012 Nov 29, 2011, 17:31 Pineapple Ferguson

Prez wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 16:39:
I remember reading that this would not actually be turn-based, but instead pausable real-time. I am hoping that they have changed their minds on that, or give the option for either method a la X-Com Apocalypse. JA = Turn-based for me.

Indeed. If it doesn't have a true turn-based option, I'm not interested. I don't want a squad-based RTS. The hybrid can be done. Fallout Tactics did it pretty well.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2011, 13:18 Pineapple Ferguson

While NV wasn't quite the a yawn-fest F3 was, I still don't think it was that much better. I could care less about the DLC and doubt I could bring myself to play it even if it were free. I guess I just don't understand what people liked so much about it - especially those who seemed to hate F3 as much as I did.

Oh by the way, Blue, it's Two Worlds II for sale on Steam. Not that I'd endorse that turd either...

News Comments > Eidos-Montreal Expands, New Hitman Game Plans
7. Re: Eidos-Montreal Expands, New Hitman Game Plans Nov 21, 2011, 14:03 Pineapple Ferguson

Are they making any more DLC for HR? Kinda been holding off on picking it up until they are done.  

News Comments > Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving
6. Re: Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving Nov 19, 2011, 00:40 Pineapple Ferguson

Rossafur wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 00:33:
Hrmm... getting so hard to resist getting it before that and the mod tools come out. And Thanksgiving weekend would be a good time to crunch down on some Skyrim... Grrr arrgh.

If you liked Oblivion, Skyrim, out of the box, is better in every way (imo). I'm as surprised as anyone that I don't regret buying it early.

News Comments > Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving
3. Re: Skyrim Patch After Thanksgiving Nov 19, 2011, 00:03 Pineapple Ferguson

I gotta admit that I'm pleasantly surprised with this game. I was originally going to hold off for patches/dlc/goty but too many people whose opinions I trust convinced me to go ahead and get it.. And man it's totally made me unbored with video games again. Aside from the key mapping issues I have practically no complaints and haven't experienced any bugs other than the rare CTD.  

News Comments > Good Old Games Adding Good New Games
4. Re: Good Old Games Adding Good New Games Nov 17, 2011, 19:23 Pineapple Ferguson

I don't pirate games, but I definitely don't buy games that require always on DRM or cripple content if you're not online. I'm looking at you, HOMM VI.  

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
25. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 16:48 Pineapple Ferguson

raVen wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 16:24:
MrGrosser wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:16:
Skyrim has been "out" for XBox360 for almost a couple of weeks now. 60hrs in to it and I don't think I'm half way through it. Too many quests and side quests!!! I'll revisit after taking Ezio through his final chapter.

"Nothing is true, Everything is permitted."

Nice, come into a thread about DRM and go on about how you're 60 hours into an unreleased game. If you were press or something I could see not getting mad about it, but seriously you're a dick.

It's not just that, but he's just gotta go out of his way, every time, in every thread to just casually bring up "Oh yeah, have I mentioned I pirated Skyrim for the 360?" We get it. Take it somewhere else for the sake of fuck.

News Comments > No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations
15. Re: No Always-on DRM in Assassin's Creed Revelations Nov 10, 2011, 14:06 Pineapple Ferguson

Now if they ditch this for HOMM6 I just might buy it.  

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
13. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 10, 2011, 00:52 Pineapple Ferguson

PHJF wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 23:31:

ToEE was a really great.. 3.5 Edition combat simulator

It was so buggy I could never play it. I tried again like a year ago but apparently it doesn't jive with modern tech.

I've played through it again on Win7 x64 within the last year with the latest Co8 mod/patch and it was very stable. All I can say is though it may lack in depth of story, it more than makes up for it in interesting encounters. The art is pretty good too imo.

The Co8 patch not only fixes bugs, but enhances AI and adds new content. You should give it another chance.

http://www.co8.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
7. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 9, 2011, 21:49 Pineapple Ferguson

ToEE was a really great.. 3.5 Edition combat simulator. There wasn't much of a story, but it really does have the most faithful representation of PnP D&D combat in any game ever in that it's turn based and much more tactical than games like Baldur's Gate. That made it good enough for me to really enjoy it. It's even better with the Circle of Eight mods.

A game built on the ToEE engine with the scope of BG or even Icewind Dale would be so great.

News Comments > Skyrim to Offer "Infinite Quests"
30. Re: Skyrim to Offer Nov 9, 2011, 13:08 Pineapple Ferguson

Why would anyone be excited about this? Sounds like a lazy way to make up for a lack of content. And I do agree that it seems fishy that they announce it just now, so close to release date. Definitely reminds me of the Radiant AI about face. Oh well.. this title, is a wait and see for me anyway.  

399 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo