Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Pineapple Ferguson

Real Name Pineapple Ferguson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 9, 2002, 10:00
Total Comments 380 (Amateur)
User ID 15151

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
11. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 18, 2014, 23:53 Pineapple Ferguson

I backed it because I wanted to support a developer I respect make the kind of game I've been waiting for since the heyday of the Infinity Engine. I actually wasn't planning on trying the beta, but since it's here, and I'm bored with D:OS I've been checking it out.

So far it's not bad, but the combat in particular could use a lot of work.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced
9. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced Aug 13, 2014, 22:05 Pineapple Ferguson

Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 09:30:
Well it better be a damn sight better than VI all around or I'll finally be passing on this series.
Pretty much how I feel. I've played 'em all, and VI was the only one I've never finished. Never even finished the first necro campaign. I understand trying to integrate story, but it was so linear, and the cut scenes were painfully cheesy, I put it down and never came back.

News Comments > MS: "We Are Continuing to Support the GFWL Service"
4. Re: MS: Jun 22, 2014, 13:18 Pineapple Ferguson

I sure hope it's required for GTA V!  

News Comments > THIEF Patch & Tips
18. Re: THIEF Patch & Tips Mar 10, 2014, 00:30 Pineapple Ferguson

I'm glad I didn't pay anything for it but in spite of the shit that bugs me (mashing E to open windows being at the top of the list) I've played enough of it to know that I'll probably end up really enjoying it once I give it priority. I'm just going to wait a bit longer and hope that it gets patched or modded out.

Emo Garrett, terrible cunty sidekick, and consolitis aside, after playing through first mission on Custom Master level with a few tweaks, there's a good stealy stealth game here. On weed.

Jerykk wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 00:02:
NamecaF wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 23:06:
I dont understand you guys sometimes. Everyone poo-pooed this game before it was released. And when it was released, reviews said it was bad... and yet you all still buy/play it? Confused

It's not that confusing. I disagree with the reviews and have been enjoying the game (I've put almost 40 hours into it thus far). While it's certainly not without issue, it's definitely not the abomination that some reviews made it out to be. It still plays and feels very much like a Thief game. Most of the people who talk trash about the game haven't even played it. They wanted the game to fail as soon as it was announced as "THI4F" and the negative reviews help boost their ego.

Some folks (not necessarily this thread) are trying to justify money spent.

Or maybe they actually enjoy the game? God forbid someone have different tastes than you. If they enjoy a game you don't (even though you haven't even played the game in question), they obviously must be lying...

I'm hoping you eventually realize how inane it is to say things like that.

News Comments > THIEF Patch & Tips
1. Re: THIEF Patch & Tips Mar 9, 2014, 12:56 Pineapple Ferguson

I loved the original Thief games, and was a bit apprehensive about this one. I got a free copy of this from the last PDXLAN and decided to try it out last night. And while it's not as terrible as I had feared, it's still pretty disappointing so far.

The graphics and atmosphere are great, but there are many teeth-grindingly annoying aspects, probably the most irritating being the necessity to mash a button to pry open windows. I know I'm not the only one bitching about this, so I'll be keeping my eye open for a patch or mod that removes it. Until then, it'll wait in the back of the line.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
13. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 10:26 Pineapple Ferguson

People had a lot of the same concerns with DX:HR, and I think most agree that it turned out pretty well.

On the other hand, it seems sadly clear that the devs just don't seem to understand what made the first two games so great. The fact that they had to be told that no one wanted to see an XP reward for head shots in a Thief game makes me think they were not the right team to be working on this game in the first place.

Oh well.. wait and see. If it turns out getting glowing reviews across the board, I'll probably end up buying it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy Jan 23, 2014, 19:56 Pineapple Ferguson

Axis - what are you liking about it? What about some of the reports of slow performance and at least a few quest breaking bugs?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Might & Magic X Legacy Jan 23, 2014, 18:52 Pineapple Ferguson

I loved the old M&M games and would gladly pay $25, but it sounds like it needs a patch or two, so I will wait.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Nov 15, 2013, 22:14 Pineapple Ferguson

I liked the original EE. I'll pick up II but only after it's been out for a while and well tested and patched.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2013, 10:40 Pineapple Ferguson

Thanks, Blue. You've been my homepage for like 15 years.  

News Comments > Master Thief Announced
2. Re: Master Thief Announced Sep 27, 2013, 20:59 Pineapple Ferguson

Interesting. Definitely not going to preorder, but will be keeping any eye on it.  

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
2. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 10:19 Pineapple Ferguson

Good. Been holding off on upgrading my PC until GTA5.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked
7. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Map Leaked Sep 10, 2013, 22:18 Pineapple Ferguson

Bradley wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 21:28:
Must be strong... I can wait for the PC version (that hasn't even been announced yet). I can do this!

Yup, I made the mistake of caving in and buying GTA IV for PS3. Ran like shit and console controls only served to remind me how much better mouse and keyboard is. PC port had problems, but it was still infinitely more enjoyable, especially once I beefed up my rig.

If I have to choose between console and no PC version, I guess I'll just never play it. Same as RDR.

News Comments > Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November
1. Re: Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition in November Aug 30, 2013, 20:22 Pineapple Ferguson

I'm sure I'll grab it. After it's been out for a while and patched many times.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Video
4. Re: Wasteland 2 Video Aug 28, 2013, 22:54 Pineapple Ferguson

I love the dev diaries, and while this video doesn't seem to show anything too groundbreaking, it hasn't lessened my excitement to play it either. Quite looking forward to it.  

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
3. Re: id: RAGE Aug 4, 2013, 14:18 Pineapple Ferguson

Sorry, Tim. You don't have much to be proud of with Rage. It was a turd. I bought it for $4 on Steam and regret it.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2013, 23:11 Pineapple Ferguson

PHJF wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 14:45:
Steam has Civ V Gold (includes Gods & Kings and all the other micro dlcs) for $12.50...

Thanks, BTW. Just picked it up.

News Comments > Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3
3. Re: Notch Backing Age of Wonders 3 Feb 13, 2013, 22:06 Pineapple Ferguson

I would love to see a new Age of Wonders. I really enjoyed Shadow Magic.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:11 Pineapple Ferguson

And that's why you don't preorder games!
-J. Walter Weatherman

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Nov 10, 2012, 18:13 Pineapple Ferguson

I'm happy to see what my money is going towards. I'm not going to complain about having some visibility into their challenges and progress.  

380 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo