Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for [Snake]

Real Name [Snake]   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Nov 7, 2002, 07:45
Total Comments 4 (Suspect)
User ID 15123

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > On Doom III & the Xbox
122. Re: looking good Apr 9, 2003, 21:54 [Snake]

as the one who started all this... =) does anyone have any thoughts on the tv resolution compared to the monitor? i could hardly believe that anyone could think they're even comparable. when actually watching tv, I don't really notice it, but if i make my computer output to my tv (GF4 with s-video out) or if i play a console game, the resolution just plain out scares me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

114. Re: looking good Apr 9, 2003, 14:35 [Snake]

yeah the AC power runs at 60 hz, but the framerate is about 24. look closely sometime as something is moving across the screen. you can definitely see the frames aren't at 60, which is basically fluid. the resolution is about 525x380 something... its right there in that neighborhood, but not exactly sure. not much lower than 640x480. the thing that also gets me about it is that the pixels have blurred edges rather than sharp ones like monitors. it makes my head hurt.

112. looking good Apr 9, 2003, 14:09 [Snake]

if anyone cares to know, tv's are basically limited to 24 fps. that may not be the case with HDTV, but it certainly is with normal. and what's the deal with whether it will look as good? has anyone gotten anywhere close to a tv lately? the resolution sucks ass. it's less than 640x480, and im sure you people dont run your computer games at that resolution. i feel like im missing my glasses when i play a console game when i'm otherwise used to it on PC (gta3 for example). tv. ugh.

News Comments > Army Game Fallout
205. UN Nov 7, 2002, 02:47 [Snake]

Does anyone besides me seem to think that the UN is one of the most indecisive organizations in the world? They work far too much on faith, like being content to leave iraq alone save having weapons inspectors. Im sure Saddam is clever enough to build whatever he wants and not have one inspector ever be the wiser. To allow the UN to "handle" this problem is to sit back and allow saddam to do whatever he wants for the next 10 years while the United Nations haggles it over. Sometimes the best strategey is go just go in there and kick their ass, cuz that's just what has to be done. If we don't, no one will, and not doing so sends the message that any shithead in the world with anti-western aspirations can proceed freely to make any and all attempts to destroy the United States.

4 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo