Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B. Dart

Real Name B. Dart   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname gnahcat
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 2, 2002, 03:49
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 15039

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Patch
45. Re: Another link May 22, 2004, 22:41 gnahcat

"Where do you think those high resolution X-Box and PS2 screenshots come from? You don't think the game will run higher than 640x480 on your TV... Do you?"

No, that is not possible. If consoles had settings that improved graphical quality, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't turn them on for better screenshots. You don't think that the screenshots for the XBox version of Dragon's Lair 3D were made using a standard 640x480 res TV instead of HDTV 1080i... Do you?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Patch
23. Re: Another link May 21, 2004, 21:13 gnahcat

"AA/AF is NOT a supported feature of BFV" - Where did you find this gem? Do you think they created their game selling screenshots without AA/AF? Sure, it may be ATI's problem to fix and not Dice's, but to think that a professionally released game does not support AA/AF is just dumb.
The corruption issue I have is noticable but is not major. Playing the original Battlefield 1942 without a hardware T&L capable card... now that is major corruption.
The issue will be fixed, the only question is when.

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Patch Status
81. Re: Halsy Apr 30, 2004, 21:03 gnahcat

"Anyone who quotes from a cartoon is truly a moron.. "
That's the dumbest thing I have heard here yet.

Where are the ATI fixes for BF:V? If this truly is a "community related issues" fix, I can't believe they would leave that fix out.

But, at least they got the "Player movement speeds on Heavy Assault kits reduced slightly" bug fixed. Whew. That one was about to push me over the edge. I was gonna go crazy, mofo!

News Comments > 3DMark 2003
92. Re: No subject Feb 13, 2003, 23:23 gnahcat

Oh, don't get me wrong. The ti4200 still pulls its weight and never ceases to amaze me [3dMark03 excluded!]. It simply proves the point that technology moves faster than the dollars into my pocket!
I can't wait for next-years, next-gen benchmark! "I got 50 points! Score!"

News Comments > 3DMark 2003
84. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2003, 23:22 gnahcat

"Sigh, my poor Geforce4 ti4200"... I would have to agree!

AthlonXP 1800+
GeForce4 ti4200 64mb
1 GB DDR RAM
Soundblaster Audigy 2
3dMark03 Score = 1244!

I just bought that ti4200 a couple months ago (finally upgraded from my Geforce256!) and now I see that the card is bringing me down!
Nvidia (and ATI) should be tickled pink that this benchmark came out... now we get to sit back and watch the "leet" machines get punished.
Makes me glad I own a console to contrast this, as it won't require constant upgrades to run the latest and greatest.
"What score did you get from 'XBOXMark03'?"
"1000"
"Really? Me too!"

News Comments > Army Game Fallout
89. The right problem, the wrong solution. Nov 1, 2002, 23:15 gnahcat

Jack Thompson has identified the problem correctly but I am not going to support him in his 'solution'. Judging by the number of responses to this article I believe I can safely make the assumption that most of us find video games to be a form of entertainment. I enjoy going online to fight battles and to be entertained. I do not play online games as a form of training. What would I be training for? I do not wish to cause harm to anyone or anything. Why do I think this way? I think this way because my parents took the time to raise me. They took the time to instruct me in the meaning of right and wrong. It seems to me that people like Jack Thompson and people who take id software, Activision, etc. to court should stop looking for reactionary solutions to their problems and put a stop to the violence at its source. Instead of taking on a massive legal battle that will cause most, if not all, of the readers of this board grief, why not create something for parents that focuses on the importance of taking time to teach their children that what goes on in games is not an accurate model of what should take place in life.
While Jack Thompson is off fighting his legal battle with the Pentagon, who will raise his son? His son will be raised by whatever happens to be on the computer or television. And the cycle continues...

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo