Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xenopulse

Real Name Xenopulse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xenopulse
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.berengad.com
Signed On Oct 30, 2002, 18:27
Total Comments 354 (Amateur)
User ID 14989

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Command & Conquer Saga Announced
13. Re: Hmm Oct 2, 2007, 19:51 Xenopulse

I kinda like Generals and ZH.

If it was cheaper, I'd be tempted to pick it up so we'd have not only the other games but two discs of ZH to play LAN games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars
20. Re: WOOT! Oct 2, 2007, 14:10 Xenopulse

I'm so spoiled by Warhawk--if a shooter doesn't let me play online split screen with a friend (or three), I'm just not that interested anymore. It's so much more fun to have people in the same room to play together in a 32-player game.

I'll still check out TF2, probably. Maybe there's something special about it But I just don't get that vibe from QW.

News Comments > Clive Barker's Jericho Demo
45. Re: Hmm... Sep 26, 2007, 19:01 Xenopulse

OMG! People charging money for a service when they could just NOT offer the download at all! What is this, Capitalism??!?

And thanks, Ray. After 40 comments, finally some talk about the actual demo. I thought for a moment I had misclicked to a thread on ISPs

News Comments > Clive Barker's Jericho Demo
2. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2007, 14:26 Xenopulse

A gig is not that bad. Even if you just have a 5Mbit connection, i.e. cable or cheap fiberoptic.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Halo 3 Sep 26, 2007, 14:01 Xenopulse

I'm not sure whether they're trying to insult the fantasy genre or [Lair and Heavenly Sword], which have generally received poor reviews.

Uhm... I wouldn't lump Lair and Heavenly Sword together. Lair has gotten poor reviews; Heavenly Sword is an average of 80 on metacritic. Not stellar, but I wouldn't call that poor.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Skate Sep 25, 2007, 19:40 Xenopulse

I'm really enjoying the Skate demo. It's like EA took the Fight Night model of using the sticks for controlling the action and ported it to skating. I'm actually tempted to get this.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
7. Re: ...Hoping 'Halo' Is Goodbye... Sep 22, 2007, 18:30 Xenopulse

Warhawk is amazingly fun to play.

Heavenly Sword, too, if you like that sort of thing.

News Comments > Crysis Specs Follow-up
2. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2007, 17:22 Xenopulse

I've got a 7600GT and thought that's pretty decent, but I guess that wouldn't even be nearly enough. So, I'll wait for the console port, thank you very much.

News Comments > Crysis Beta Issues - Updated
12. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2007, 17:21 Xenopulse

And that whole video card discussion above is why I've decided to stick with console gaming for graphics-intense game. I can afford to buy a console every 5 years. I can't afford to buy an 8800GTS just to play something on "medium" settings every two.

9. Re: I will buy a PS3 Sep 19, 2007, 21:25 Xenopulse

Sooo... I got into FF after 7.

Do you think a pure graphical update would still stand up to the test of time, gameplay and story wise?

News Comments > StarCraft II Movie
6. Re: Looking forward....but.... Sep 16, 2007, 16:37 Xenopulse

Wow... that IS a MAC II. Slightly fancier, of course, but even the alignment of the canons is the same, with the inside ones being higher up and all.

6. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2007, 19:42 Xenopulse

Look me up on Warhawk. PSN: xenopulse

That game is kickass, indeed.

4. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2007, 17:45 Xenopulse

I care, too. Don't have the dough for it right now, but I'll own it at some point.

Then again, I played the demo over 25 times.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Cubilus Sep 10, 2007, 14:14 Xenopulse

Neat little game. Too bad it's absolutely not challenging. I played through all 20 levels on the first try.

News Comments > Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Demo Released
13. Re: betademo? Sep 10, 2007, 13:38 Xenopulse

Eh, I'm too busy having fun with Warhawk to bother with this.

News Comments > BCFx Announced
21. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 17:09 Xenopulse

Look, it's a parade of white privilege boys crying a river over political correctness! How cute!

What keeps racism alive is not "reverse racism" or affirmative action or political correctness.

Institutionalized racism exists because this country was built on the back of slaves, and the descendants of slaves were consistently oppressed, pushed into slums, disenfranchised, and kept in poverty and ignorance. And they still are.

Poverty among blacks in the US is three times as high (24 percent) as among whites (8 percent) according to the latest census. Job applications with black-sounding names get only half as many calls for interviews as those with white-sounding names and the very same qualifications, according to Ivy League university studies.

If you think that affirmative action is unfair, for example, you must not be aware that most black people have to overcome many more obstacles and hardships to even get the same grades and educational degrees as most white people.

So go wail in your ignorance if you think reverse racism is some kind of serious issue.

It's not these kinds of things that "keep racism alive." It's continued, direct racism, discrimination, and disenfranchisement of minorities. And "political correctness" is a term coined by the rich white guys to once again dominate discourse and oppress any discussion of these issues.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 17:10.

News Comments > Crysis Demo Next Month
10. Re: Oooh!! Aug 27, 2007, 18:44 Xenopulse

I was surprised at how well the Bioshock demo ran on my 7600GT, so I'm hoping this will work decently as well.

8. Re: Haze Aug 27, 2007, 16:43 Xenopulse

Warhawk will be a present for my oldest son's 15th birthday next week. Lair shall be given to the middle one in October.

Now I just need to find an excuse to get Heavenly Sword

News Comments > BioShock: Only Two Installs
31. Re: Hrmmm... Aug 22, 2007, 13:10 Xenopulse

I played the demo last night, finished this morning. I was impressed--it actually ran decently on my 7600GT, and the water effects are nothing short of amazing. Game play is fun and different enough from other shooters to be worthwhile, though not reaching the levels of System Shock. Atmosphere of the game is great, too.

But now, this? Consider it another definite non-sale because of this issue. This is just ridiculous.

2. Re: No subject Aug 21, 2007, 11:23 Xenopulse

Agreed.

354 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo