Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Xenopulse

Real Name Xenopulse   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Xenopulse
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.berengad.com
Signed On Oct 30, 2002, 18:27
Total Comments 354 (Amateur)
User ID 14989

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > It Came from QuakeCon, Part 3
9. Re: Aug 13, 2004, 23:17 Xenopulse

Ohhh... System Shock 3 ... *major salivation*

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DOOM 3 Duct Tape Mod
30. No subject Aug 6, 2004, 11:27 Xenopulse

I don't know what all this stuff aboud duct tape is.

It's a pretty standard stance to hold a flashlight in your left hand, facing down, and cross your right wrist over your left one, thereby shining the light forward and stabilizing your shooting hand. Implementing that would be cool, too, as the shot would make the light move around.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Under Linux
1. No subject Aug 6, 2004, 10:29 Xenopulse

Once the Linux version is out, I'll be curious what the speed difference is, especially with good Linux drivers (nvidia). Does anyone know how the Q3 Linux version ran in comparison to windows? I had the Q3 demo on Linux, but I didn't do any tests.

News Comments > Carmack on DOOM 3 & Q3A OpenSource
55. Re: overrated Aug 4, 2004, 15:57 Xenopulse

It was also disappointing to see the company that basically invented the genre playing the role of copycat in that straight-outta Half Life opening.

You do realize that the whole Half Life story is stolen from Doom, right? Teleporter research going wrong, force invades, zombies abound, you end up in another dimension... just that Doom, where you played a soldier, made more sense than HL, where you played a frickin' scientist (who happens to be the ultimate killing machine). It's worse than The Siege ("I'm the cook.").

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3
236. No subject Aug 4, 2004, 01:49 Xenopulse

I know you've read this over and over from many people, but DAMN this game scares the shit out of me. I'm only playng it at ngiht, when it's dark and I'm alone, on headphones.

It's giving me hear attacks.

I love it.

News Comments > DOOM 3 Trailer
263. Re: No subject Aug 1, 2004, 17:04 Xenopulse

well anyone who plays this game obviously doesnt believe in heaven america is the most unreligious state in the world

You obviously don't know this country very well, and don't follow politics. The Conservative Evangelical Right is a powerful force in this country, one of the main backers of president Bush and his anti-gay marriage amendment idea, among others. Neither France nor Germany nor GB nor any of the skandinavian states nor most other Christian countries have such a strong church influence in their policies. Sure, it doesn't rival a Muslim theocratic state, but among Christians, the USA is one of the most religious places in the world. Those buggers are all just concentrated in the bible belt, out of your ordinary view.

248. Tough Choice Aug 1, 2004, 16:20 Xenopulse

(left hand) Put food on the table for wife and three kids...
(right hand) Buy Doom 3...

Damn, I can't make up my mind.

Might have to wait for the demo.

10. No subject Jul 31, 2004, 10:13 Xenopulse

Can't be bad, can't be bad.

The trailer looks better than I expected. I now see the influence of a story writer in there - even if it'll only be the first 20 minutes of the game, it does make a difference. Of course, the action looks like - well, any old FPS. Just a LOT prettier

Love the scene with the messed-up guy stuck on the ceiling

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - N-Gage QD
12. Re: Finally Jul 27, 2004, 16:09 Xenopulse

Lynx was way underrated. It was by far the most powerful handheld at its time and even a few years later still.

So very true. I loved my Lynx. For its time, the 3D graphics were extremely cool. I spent hundreds of hours on Chip's Challenge. And I bought a second Lynx so my friends and I could play California Games together. It was a blast. Too bad it didn't take off.

News Comments > Game Movies - DOOM 3
51. Re: techtv & rtcw2? Jul 17, 2004, 21:54 Xenopulse

I'd give my left ball for System Shock 3...

News Comments > Monolith Screenshot
58. No subject May 8, 2004, 10:50 Xenopulse

Matrix=action
Ring=Horror

It'll be another action shooter with "horrific" mutant enemies.

News Comments > Lamborghini FX
8. No subject May 8, 2004, 00:09 Xenopulse

Crazy Cars!

News Comments > UFO: Alien Invasion Demo
22. I liked it, too Feb 15, 2004, 12:29 Xenopulse

As someone below said, the main thing missing are interrupts. Other than that, the feel and look of the game is well done, especially for a free game.

News Comments > Predator Game Plans?
20. No subject Dec 21, 2003, 01:27 Xenopulse

Cone on, guys. Ripley in her half-alien form was the coolest thing about Alien:Resurrection

News Comments > Game Movies
15. No subject Dec 20, 2003, 11:11 Xenopulse

I am a native German speaker, so I can tell you what the trailer says:

1. Yes, it's from a German magazine, not an official trailer.

2. The moves are just an extra - they say there are over 200 victory moves, and they wanted to show some of them in the warm-up phase of the round.

3. They say the game is much more tactical than BF1942 and others. You have to rely on the team. It's aimed at Clan and other hardcore players and might frustrate casual gamers.

4. There are over 70 vehicles.

5. The outdoor locations are huge, much larger than anything in other games.

6. Everyhing is destroyable. Buildings, trees, even the ground deforms from grenade explosions.

That's all I remember without watching it again

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Intel doesn't outsell, it out-positions. Oct 30, 2003, 14:24 Xenopulse

I think the appropriate car metaphor is a fancy looking car that won't go over 55 mp/h - so any usual driver doesn't need it, but if you try to take it to a race for fun (legally, of course), you'll be severely bummed.

News Comments > More Shipping - The Sims: Making Magic
7. At home... Oct 29, 2003, 19:57 Xenopulse

... we call it Making Magic when someone turns good air into foul air...

News Comments > Deus Ex: Invisible War Updates
11. No subject Oct 24, 2003, 16:48 Xenopulse

Deus Ex and System Shock 2, in my mind, compete for the title of best FPRPG evahr. I reinstalled and played both this summer (thanks Rebirth mod). I like SS2's interface, mood and game mechanics better, but DX has the superior level design and story. So I never really completed SS2 (shame on me). Maybe I'll start over today... if the SH3 demo gets me back into scary games mood

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Matrix Oct 14, 2003, 13:49 Xenopulse

Here are some reasons the original Matrix was great:

- First Western movie to make excellent use of the circular camera effect, lots of wire action, and slow-mo John Woo combat.

- It introduced the wide non-philosophy crowd to the old epistemological/metaphysical brain-in-a-jar question in a way that was easy to relate to.

- It had memorable main characters, some of which died (!), so there was a sense of danger and urgency.

- The mood, coloring, and design of the movie was good - reminiscent, as someone pointed out, of the wonderful Dark City. I loved Kiefer's performance in that, I loved Jennifer Connelly (my wife looks a lot like her, green eyes and all), but most of all, the mood of that movie was amazing.

Now let's look at Revolution:

- Fight scenes still cool, though less dangerous and hence less interesting

- No main character bites it - sense of danger is terribly lacking

- There is more philosophy; however, we're getting into more difficult territory with the Free Will v. Determinism discussion, prevalent in the Merivingian's speech and the Architect's scene. I found it slightly enjoyable, but I think most people don't get into that.

- The mood was, as someone pointed out, more style, but less brooding dark.

So overall, the movie could have been nigh as good as the first one, but they made some bad choices. It';s still decent, and I'll get the trilogy eventually.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots - DOOM 3
26. Re: zombies and chainsaws Oct 8, 2003, 09:49 Xenopulse

Actually, I guess the gas was on Mars, the chainsaw in the Mansion... oh well

354 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo