Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Keilun

Real Name Keilun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Keilun
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2002, 00:02
Total Comments 83 (Suspect)
User ID 14964

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > The Settlers 7 Patch
5. Re: The Settlers 7 Patch Mar 24, 2010, 11:33 Keilun

Xirix wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 02:34:
The game is ok but I just can't get used to the blurry/fuzzy graphics. A lot of people are complaining about it but the blur seems to be intentional.
Last night I couldn't even play the demo because of DRM...lol

Supposedly this patch addresses the blurry/fuzzy graphics. Disabling AA/MS also removed the issue although then you get to deal with jaggies, but with the patch it shouldn't be an issue.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Impulse::Reactor Beta
2. Re: Impulse::Reactor Beta Mar 16, 2010, 08:16 Keilun

Beta access is given to you if you preorder the game. That said, the current Beta 1 stage isn't supposed to be "fun". They're just testing the stability atm.  

News Comments > Bruce Shelley The Settlers 7 Interview
4. Re: Bruce Shelley The Settlers 7 Interview Feb 11, 2010, 13:32 Keilun

Frijoles wrote on Feb 11, 2010, 11:58:
Should have asked him about the GfWL involvement and what he thought of it. I don't know how long I can avoid installing that piece of shit software on my machine as more games start using it.

For Settlers 7, we get to use the Ubi.com framework instead... I wouldn't have a problem with it, if it had an offline play mode. I'm on the road a lot where I don't always have access to the internet. That said, I do like that it means that Securom won't be installed on my machine.

News Comments > On Importing ME2 Saves Into ME3
21. Re: On Importing ME2 Saves Into ME3 Feb 6, 2010, 13:34 Keilun

Linksil wrote on Feb 6, 2010, 12:41:
The two problems I have with redoing scenes to get the best outcome is that's just not how I play RPGS. Also sometimes it auto saves over the quick save after you finish a major scene. Having to go into the menu and save before EVERY dialog is just a game kill to me.

Actually to be clear, it doesn't overwrite your quick save after you finish a major scene. Rather, Quick Load will choose to load whichever is the most recent between Auto Save and Quick Save. If you want to load to the Quick Save, sometimes you need to perform an explicit load if your Auto Save is more recent.

News Comments > Valve on Steam Growth
17. Re: Valve on Steam Growth Jan 29, 2010, 16:52 Keilun

Rhett wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 16:29:
How many of these new accounts were just people trying to play a pirated Modern Warfare 2 anyway?

Maybe the unit sales for 2009 increasing by more than 205%, will count for something then... Or, consecutive 100% YoY growth in unit sales for five straight years...

News Comments > Blizzard Discouraging WoW Account Restorations, Considering Mandatory Authenticators
14. Re: Blizzard Discouraging WoW Account Restorations, Considering Mandatory Authenticators Jan 9, 2010, 00:06 Keilun

The mobile authenticator is supported on more than just the iPhone. A lot of phone models are supported. That said, if your model isn't supported, then yeah it's a bit much to ask of a customer to upgrade their phone to play WoW.

Including them in physical copies of the game would be useful. They included it as part of the loot swag at Blizzcon '09 and '08 as well I believe. Don't see why they couldn't for boxed copies. Who knows, maybe they will for Cataclysm.

News Comments > Blizzard Discouraging WoW Account Restorations, Considering Mandatory Authenticators
8. Re: Blizzard Discouraging WoW Account Restorations, Considering Mandatory Authenticators Jan 8, 2010, 15:28 Keilun

Weird, I can't seem to edit my post.

Here is the link to the authenticator page (with Mobile authenticator FAQ):
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=24986

Here is the link to the EU Authenticator purchase page:
http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=221003617

Note the following quote:
Please note:
Shipping fees have been waived on this product to reduce the cost to the consumer, and the new price for each Authenticator has been adjusted to cover the new lower shipping cost (6.99 / 6.29 GBP per unit).

They mention the shipping fees are waived for the US and other region authenticators as well, but don't go as in depth on the fact that the cost of the authenticator has shipping built-in, hence the $6 fee.

7. Re: Blizzard Discouraging WoW Account Restorations, Considering Mandatory Authenticators Jan 8, 2010, 15:19 Keilun

You know that you can get the mobile authenticators for free right? Goto their site and see if your phone (or iPod Touch) is supported, then simply download that app. Done.

I believe they've mentioned already that the $6 is to cover the hardware token and shipping.

News Comments > Hellgate: London Subscription Fees
33. Re: bad idea May 9, 2007, 09:43 Keilun

You are delusional if you think Diablo 3 won't have this exact same model. The days of a free "Battle.net" are long gone.

Guild Wars adopts the "Battle.net" model. It's far from gone.

This comment was edited on May 9, 09:44.

News Comments > D&D Online European Launch
3. Re: Um. Mar 3, 2006, 16:44 Keilun

Blue's title for this article is a bit misleading. The article is stating that Codemasters has been chosen for the European launch of LOTR:Online, [b]following[/b] Turbine's previous selection of Codemasters to provide Euro support for DDO.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: 360 hard drive - a third smaller Dec 6, 2005, 04:59 Keilun

I think Firingsquad looked into this in their 4 day hands on review of the 360. It was due to all the demos and media that ships on the 360 by default. It's not that only 13GB is accessible. It's that there's already 7GB of data on the HDD when you get it. But it does beg the question, with more downloads to come, how are users supposed to keep up with only 20GB total?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Star Wars Episode III May 25, 2005, 09:50 Keilun

I'm not sure, but I think I may get out to see Episode III today. I'm shooting for the weekday matinee for a peaceful experience... it should be fine unless that old couple shows up again to explain everything to each other.

Unfortunately, no. In fact having other people explain it, or perhaps be so engrossed in the movie might make the movie more entertaining as the horrid dialogue and acting rolls along. The direction in the movie must have been atrocious, because we all know that a majority of these actors can act. However they all appear as mindless drones.

This comment was edited on May 25, 09:51.

13. Re: What about the F-keys? Dec 7, 2004, 09:47 Keilun

Nope, you still need the F-lock. I'm learning to deal with it. But yes it's definitely annoying. Moreover, for some odd reason, you can't take a screen cap using Alt-PrintScrn without disabling F-lock. Really silly. I'm not sure what the two have to do with each other, perhaps inconvenience for inconvenience's sake.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 09:47.

News Comments > Game Development & Mods - JA2 Source
4. Re: Source Code Feb 25, 2004, 13:51 Keilun

Naw it just means that it'll likely be the end of the JA2 engine, ie. no further development on that engine (and could be signs of maybe a JA3 engine in the works... I hope)

News Comments > UT2003 & UT2004 Incompatible
26. Re: No subject Jan 20, 2004, 14:21 Keilun

Nexus:

Actually, last I checked - and I am stretching my memory here, the compiled code for UT2003 ran up close to 100MB. If I'm off, it's definitely around that area, and larger than 10MB. Granted it's much smaller than the content but that's expected and normal.

--

As far as compatibility goes, I'm a bit saddened. It would have been nice to be able to play on UT2k3 servers from time to time, though for the most part, all my friends will upgrade to 2k4 and be solely running on 2k4 servers.

183. Re: Very sorry to hear this Sep 20, 2003, 10:36 Keilun

Really sorry to hear this, bud. Wishing you and your family the best.

109. Re: best wishes. Sep 18, 2003, 10:38 Keilun

My thoughts are with you and your family. Wishing you all the best.

News Comments > UT2003 Stats Return
7. Re: tracking systems Jul 10, 2003, 18:32 Keilun

On top of what cia said, UT2k3 servers are freely distributed. You can download it off the main UT2k3 site. So there really isn't a such thing as a "cracked" server.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy: Freelancer
33. Re: Cheating Mar 5, 2003, 01:27 Keilun

All I'll say is, use the patrol routes as an indication of places to explore and watch your contact list as you fly and you may stumble on unique items/cargo.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy: Freelancer
25. Re: Cheating Mar 4, 2003, 15:48 Keilun

lol.. lvl 40 in 5 hours is not hard at all. If you know how the game works, that's attainable by legitimate means. Trade routes rule that game. You can make around 500k in around 30mins with the right stuff. You chose a poor poor example for a cheat. Heck, there are also easter eggs in the game that can help out a lot in the start if you know where to find them.

Regarding cheat protection... If you want to hole yourself up and away from cheats, set up a server yourself and put a password on it. Simple as that. I'm not suggesting this as the end-all of the cheats, but it's some form of protection until devs get around to addressing hacks.

As as for whether or not it's an E&B clone. Somewhat. But at least the combat's not as mundane. I wanted to shoot myself after 30 mins of E&B. Freelancer was able to be that much more captivating with player controlled combat. But that's just me. To each his own.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 15:56.

83 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo