Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Keilun

Real Name Keilun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Keilun
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2002, 00:02
Total Comments 100 (Novice)
User ID 14964

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2011, 15:56 Keilun

Shok wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 11:50:
Why didn't I play longer? That's a good question. You see, the game requires an always-on Internet connection, and the servers seemed to set themselves on fire a few hours after I downloaded the beta, and this dumped me from the game. You not only need to be online to play, you need to connected to Blizzard at all times. So if your connection goes down, or if their servers crash, you can't play. Not even single player. At least this means I can sleep tonight! I know this is a beta and these things are bound to happen, but it's still an ill omen.

sigh...

From ARS hands-on

I got in through the F&F beta. I thought it was a lot of fun, despite the always online requirement. I'd definitely welcome offline play, but there are merits to online play. Less hacks for one and more integrated online play. The whole party system makes the online aspect actually feel a lot more integrated than it did back in the D2 days. So in my eyes, I have mixed feelings about it, but more on the good side given that I don't often play offline. I'm sure there are people who have different expectations and I can understand that, but I for one like the direction D3 is going.

The only downside is yes, they have had server issues. At one point my gf and I lagged out and the only way to exit the game was to ALT-F4. Even the Exit game button wouldn't respond. It was interesting. They've since fixed that I believe, but there's still a noticeable lag in the more intense moments. With the new influx of closed beta testers, we'll get to see the servers stressed even further.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Square "Respects the Right of GameStop" to Remove OnLive Coupons
14. Re: Square Aug 25, 2011, 11:25 Keilun

Tumbler wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 11:15:
Fuck you Square. Fuck anyone that says you can take anything out of a product like this and sell it "new". Removing the contents in any way shape or form at the retail store is despicable. Send the game back or mark it used and sell it at a discount.

How long until gamestop starts pulling steam codes and replacing them with impulse codes?

I think what Square realizes is that they really don't have to do anything. The sheer bad publicity that Gamestop is generating for themselves is enough of a shot across the bow. Whether or not Gamestop wakes up to their own stupidity is another story. Hopefully their customers have. I sure haven't set foot in their stores in over 5 years.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer
11. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 19:09 Keilun

The only thing I know of is that they've removed the pretty town screen that you had in previous HoMMs. There's quite the uproar over that. While that isn't much of a detriment to the gameplay, I suspect it'll impact the immersiveness of the game.

The town screen was replaced with a town window which has a 2D animated view of your town that will update as buildings are added, although not all buildings will have an impact on the town window. Also you won't be able to interact with the town window.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer
1. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Gamescom Teaser Trailer Aug 10, 2011, 14:46 Keilun

I like the Heroes franchise, but, do we really need a trailer to a trailer?  

News Comments > New Civilization V DLC Packs This Week
10. Re: New Civilization V DLC Packs This Week Aug 8, 2011, 18:38 Keilun

For single player, the AI is better but still rather hit or miss. It's possible that the erratic behavior of certain races is dependent on a leader's persona, but even so the AI still feels somewhat challenged when it comes to combat.

For multi player, there have been very few changes in that respect. The AI still does not contact you at all - a HUGE con.

While I feel like they're working on fixing this game up, I still feel like it's a ways out from being as addictive as Civ 4 was for me. The hex tiles and one unit per tile format is a great gameplay change, but the other areas require work.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Jul 29, 2011, 11:15 Keilun

Hey Blue, just FYI: CM Storm Sirus are headphones, not a chassis/case.  

News Comments > 15 Million League of Legends Registrations
8. Re: 15 Million League of Legends Registrations Jul 26, 2011, 13:43 Keilun

I'm one of those players that plays everyday. I find the game quite fun. The addition of Co-op vs. AI was a huge boon, despite the AI bots still being rather daft. It allows us to continue to accrue IP while playing around with our builds - a nice little sandbox.

To the poster that said that the games were decided early. Some games are like that depending on how awful you fed the other team, but I've also played games where I've staged a comeback from no towers/no inhibs to ace'ing their team and taking the victory. A lot of it depends on the willingness of your team to pick heroes to fill out the weaknesses of your team composition. Sometimes that isn't always possible, but it's still a good bit of fun each night for me.

News Comments > Rogers Throttling WoW
5. Re: Rogers Throttling WoW Mar 26, 2011, 16:34 Keilun

Cutter wrote on Mar 26, 2011, 16:01:
No surprise here. Anyone dumb enough to use Rogers or Bell deserves the shabby treatment they get.

I guess everyone's dumb then. Your other options are just rented DSL lines from Bell to which Bell won the right to throttle as well last year. If you want to direct your anger, direct it at the CRTC.

News Comments > AMD Knocks DirectX
35. Re: AMD Knocks DirectX Mar 18, 2011, 17:22 Keilun

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 17:12:
killer_roach wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 17:04:
OpenGL is flexible, but if you're talking about performance, it's an absolute joke.
That's probably more to do with the fact that most optimizations in drivers these days are built around DX, and DX related apps not OGL. OGL performance was 2nd to none behind 3dfx back 10 years ago(and sometimes higher) because everything was either OGL, or 3dfx. And DX was dead last, that changed after 3dfx folded, got eaten by nvidia, and MS decided that consoles were the latest hot shit, and gave special incentives for DX optimizations.

This article is a good read and may prove enlightening.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/opengl-directx,2019.html

News Comments > Civilization V DLC & Free Map Pack This Week
2. Re: Civilization V DLC & Free Map Pack This Week Feb 28, 2011, 11:13 Keilun

Yeah, but if they stick to their word, a pretty big patch is due out today. I'm still waiting for MP updates before I can bring myself to play the game. That and the AI updates and then maybe it'll be fun.

Oh and hey, we'll finally be able to play our DLC civs in MP in that promised next patch........

News Comments > No Dungeon Siege III Respecs
7. Re: No Dungeon Siege III Respecs Feb 24, 2011, 12:01 Keilun

mag wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 11:32:
What games other than MMOs have ever allowed respecs? Deal wit it, suckas.

Torchlight had it.
Titan Quest had it.
Dragon Age had it.

Pretty sure I can list more but I think I made my point. This is a pretty shortsighted move. I'm sure people WILL deal with it, but I'm also sure they'll add it in the end when everyone asks for it post-release.

News Comments > New AI Wars Expansion Next Month
3. Re: New AI Wars Expansion Next Month Nov 4, 2010, 12:04 Keilun

I recently purchased the game for me and my gf while on sale on Steam last weekend after hearing great things about it and more importantly noting the co-op play that it sports (not enough games seem to cater to co-op comp stomps these days).

We tried it that weekend and sad as it is, I'm having a really difficult time getting into the game. I'm not sure what it is. I don't feel like I have a good grasp of what I'm supposed to do after having played the tutorials. Maybe I haven't spent enough time with it, but as far as first impressions go, I can't say it's won me over. Really wish I could say otherwise as I'm a sucker for space strategy games, RTS or otherwise.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V DLC Next Week
6. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V DLC Next Week Oct 18, 2010, 16:31 Keilun

Tumbler wrote on Oct 18, 2010, 14:32:
From what I heard the exclusive civ you could use from the collectors edition didn't work in MP. So unless both players have the babylonian civ you can't use it... I hope that changes in the future because it's stupid to pay for a civ you can't use in MP.

Actually to be clear, the exclusive Babylonian civ does not work in MP at all. It doesn't matter if all players involved have access to it or not. It's explicitly not present in MP. My gf and I play MP exclusively and we're both a bit sad that we can't play the DLC civ in MP - this was not clearly advertised on the Digital Collector's edition.

On the forums, they said it's a possibility they're looking into, but I'd probably hold off on buying these new Civ DLC packs until MP is resolved if that's what you're into. I know I will be (well future paid ones anyway)....

There's still a lot of work that needs to happen for MP (none of which is really addressed in the first patch), but knowing Firaxis, it'll get there. The question is just how long til it gets there.

News Comments > Civilization V and Demo Released
25. Re: Civilization V and Demo Released Sep 21, 2010, 15:23 Keilun

PHJF wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 15:22:
drm?

Steam.

Edit: Here's the FAQ http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77593

News Comments > Civilization V and Demo Released
22. Re: Civilization V and Demo Released Sep 21, 2010, 15:07 Keilun

FloorPie wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 14:55:
They really don't have easy links to the demo do they? Nothing on their main web site or the steam link. Or am I missing something?

On the right hand side there's a 'Download Demo' button just to the right of the "Buy Civilization V" text:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II Trailer
4. Re: Sword of the Stars II Trailer Jul 9, 2010, 07:08 Keilun

Yeah I'm not too keen on the art direction. The lighting in that trailer was awful. The first game was fun, I'll admit. I was hoping that it's success would have helped them fund a better sequel. I hope that's still the case as this trailer sure doesn't seem to indicate that...  

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance May 26, 2010, 13:46 Keilun

Hey Blue,

The Monoprice link is dated March 10, 2010. The actual result of the investigation is found here:

http://www.monoprice.com/home/view_notice.asp

Those affected were purchases between the dates Feb 23 - Mar 5, 2010.

News Comments > The Settlers 7 Patch
5. Re: The Settlers 7 Patch Mar 24, 2010, 11:33 Keilun

Xirix wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 02:34:
The game is ok but I just can't get used to the blurry/fuzzy graphics. A lot of people are complaining about it but the blur seems to be intentional.
Last night I couldn't even play the demo because of DRM...lol

Supposedly this patch addresses the blurry/fuzzy graphics. Disabling AA/MS also removed the issue although then you get to deal with jaggies, but with the patch it shouldn't be an issue.

News Comments > Impulse::Reactor Beta
2. Re: Impulse::Reactor Beta Mar 16, 2010, 08:16 Keilun

Beta access is given to you if you preorder the game. That said, the current Beta 1 stage isn't supposed to be "fun". They're just testing the stability atm.  

News Comments > Bruce Shelley The Settlers 7 Interview
4. Re: Bruce Shelley The Settlers 7 Interview Feb 11, 2010, 13:32 Keilun

Frijoles wrote on Feb 11, 2010, 11:58:
Should have asked him about the GfWL involvement and what he thought of it. I don't know how long I can avoid installing that piece of shit software on my machine as more games start using it.

For Settlers 7, we get to use the Ubi.com framework instead... I wouldn't have a problem with it, if it had an offline play mode. I'm on the road a lot where I don't always have access to the internet. That said, I do like that it means that Securom won't be installed on my machine.

100 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo