Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Keilun

Real Name Keilun   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Keilun
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 30, 2002, 00:02
Total Comments 97 (Suspect)
User ID 14964

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Updated
17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Updated Jan 21, 2014, 14:32 Keilun

Creston wrote on Jan 21, 2014, 11:31:
Necro seems more of a "stand around and watch your minions slowly grind shit to death"

I'll reiterate what another poster said. They *can* be played that way but by no means is that the most effective nor fun way of playing them.

I originally had the same feeling as you, until I started working in the use of my deathshroud more often as a life shield and awesome dps burst machine. Deathshroud alone has made me enjoy Necros more than any other class I've played to date (Ele and Eng being the only ones I haven't).

You should definitely give it a try and don't neglect your deathshroud like I did for the first 20 levels. A tanky Necro is a lot of fun in PvE/WvW

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patch Next Week
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Next Week Nov 5, 2013, 15:41 Keilun

Morgan19 wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 14:07:
That "ton of content" you're excited about is largely temporary, timed stuff. Meaning that if you don't play it within their few-weeks timeframe, it's gone. Just a heads-up, in case you think you're buying into something more substantial than what it really ends up being.

I finally gave up and uninstalled the game last week, after 7+ years of GW1 and a little less than a year of GW2.

While that's mostly true, they have stated that they hear the feedback for more permanence in their living world content and as such the last couple living world instances have largely left permanent content. The only really temporary portion of it tends to be the achievements or seasonal event stuff like halloween.

They're also doing a collaborative feedback session on their forums to crowdsource some ideas on where we want GW2 to head.

I'll admit that yeah GW2 doesn't have near the same draw that GW1 had, I think they're working on those shortcomings. I guess the best part of this all is there's no monthly sub so you can always come back at a later date when things have changed. I'm hoping they'll add the whole horizontal progression that they had in GW1 - with the skill collection. That's probably my only real complaint: a real lack of skill diversity.

News Comments > Steam Boasts 65 Million Accounts
6. Re: Steam Boasts 65 Million Accounts Oct 30, 2013, 13:56 Keilun

Verno wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 13:17:
This came up in the past, I think they qualify an account as anything with a purchase. Of course that purchase can be a single copy of Snuggle Truck, Half-Life 1 or it might be an account with thousands of games. Judging by the concurrent user numbers I have no problem believing there are roughly 25-30 million accounts that are used on a regular basis though.

With the number of F2P games (TF2, PoE, etc.) on Steam these days, counting accounts with purchases doesn't make much sense anymore. So it's probably now based on account activity in past X months?

Either way, they're impressive numbers.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Extended Free Trial This Week; Patch Next Week Sep 24, 2013, 13:57 Keilun

There was a 30% sale back in February and another in April earlier this year:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/save-over-30-on-guild-wars-2/

Those are the only sales I can recall.

News Comments > Ubisoft Breached
9. Re: Ubisoft Breached Jul 3, 2013, 00:31 Keilun

Creston wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 00:14:
Has anyone gotten an email from them to indicate that Uplay has been breached? I haven't gotten an email yet, and I'm wondering whether I should change my pw or not. (which would be a bit of a chore, since I've already forgotten what it is...)

Creston

Hm. I received the email. I thought it was Uplay that was breached purely because that was the only account that I really have with Ubi. But perhaps there was some website affiliated with one of the games that I have (only SC:Conviction, Settlers 7, Anno:2070) that exposed my account rather than yours.

I believe Anno has some capability in that respect for monitoring your rank and stats.

News Comments > SimCity Patched
6. Re: SimCity Patched May 10, 2013, 10:59 Keilun

ASeven wrote on May 10, 2013, 10:01:
Wonder how much stuff they've broken this time?

Ha. I stopped caring, but I'm curious what would happen on login this time. On release of 2.0, 30min after logging in, my city had lost 100k people and was plummeting fast. Complaints about no money and no workers. Garbage went through the roof. This was with a fully loaded garbage dump with maxed out trucks and 5 other cities in the region providing support garbage relief.

Maybe I'll wait a year and try it again if the servers are still up by then...

News Comments > Sun Setting on Silicon Knights?
2. Re: Sun Setting on Silicon Knights? May 10, 2013, 10:43 Keilun

I think that depends on how poorly their game performs. Then it's Crytek's fault for lack of support. Obviously can't blame themselves!  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today
26. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today May 9, 2013, 18:28 Keilun

There's no real details in their RMAH FAQ that discusses how they'd handle rollbacks for those situations. I'd guess Blizzard would just have to eat the cost. I have no idea what sort of activity the RMAH gets since I don't use it, but I'd hope it's a smaller amount of activity so that for the few hours the AH was up the number of those cases are minimal.

Really though, we just need a clear and concise message from Blizzard about how they are handling this. Everything they've said thus far has been vague and ambiguous, which is why the forums are ablaze with rollback petitions - no one has a clear picture of how they are handling the duped gold and how it was scattered across accounts.

24. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today May 9, 2013, 17:42 Keilun

Verno wrote on May 9, 2013, 11:32:
The trouble with that is that just punishes a few people while leaving permanent, lasting damage to the games economy that affects everyone else. Those people who had their accounts suspended still used that money, bought items, spread it around, etc. Imagine quadrillions of gold, even if they managed to reverse half of that it would still permanently inflate and screw the economy. The only way to put the genie back in the bottle is a rollback, who was responsible and how they are punished is a secondary consideration for people playing.

Like you said though now they've waited too long, they should have just done it immediately. I have no idea what the rationale behind that decision was, it is baffling that they would leave it all in.

My actual interpretation of that "audit" is that they would be reversing transactions linked to any of the duped gold (legitimate items or otherwise).

Really though, I don't understand why they can't reverse all transactions made on the AH. They clearly have the logs. When I look at my AH logs, it goes back all the way to Day 1. Perhaps I lack some sort of technical detail in what their AH system is capable of, but it seems like they have the data necessary to rollback all transactions or at least the transactions of any accounts linked to the original dupers.

9. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Return Today May 9, 2013, 11:09 Keilun

Verno wrote on May 9, 2013, 08:48:
They really should rollback, it makes little sense to proceed after all of that long term damage to the economy. They could nip it in the bud right now.

I agree. However, they've only made the problem worse by leaving the servers up this long so now people have been playing for 2 days. That's a lot more to rollback. And if they were reluctant to rollback after a few hours, I can't imagine they'll be open to doing that for 2 days.

Thankfully though, it looks like Blizzard is auditing where the duped gold went and applying temp suspensions to the accounts who received that gold, presumably to reverse the GAH/RMAH transactions. This was confirmed by a few posters who mentioned their accounts being suspended after selling their gems at the inflated rate (200M). Obviously there's no way to verify that (even Blizzard hasn't been clear about it), but maybe it'll provide some small comfort for the rest of us.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 28, 2013, 19:12 Keilun

For those that wanted to see what all the fuss was about:

YetiZen Party Pics Part 1

YetiZen Party Pics Part 2

The second link has more photos about the questionable attire (or lack thereof).

News Comments > World of Warcraft PvP Gear Change Plans
5. Re: World of Warcraft PvP Gear Change Plans Mar 26, 2013, 15:03 Keilun

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 12:18:
I am glad they are finally addressing this discrepancy. I liked raiding and PvP, however Blizzard all along treated people like they were either one or the other. Any time spent doing one would put you behind in the other. People wouldn't let you into a raid if they saw a single piece of PvP gear, and if you showed up to PvP with PvE gear you were at a major disadvantage.

I think they should do away with any statistical differences between PvP/PvE gear, and just make it cosmetic.

Not sure if you're currently playing or not, but the removal of PvP Resilience is only half of the PvE vs PvP gear discrepancy. There's a new PvP Power stat now which can equal to over a 50% damage increase to other players. This change wasn't meant to equalize gear types but rather reduce the gear gap on entry to PvP.

I think Blizzard's concern to a large extent is that if they equalize gear, then they need to balance the difficulty in accessing both sets of gear which often times undermines the raiding component as PvP gear is typically much easier to obtain than raid gear.

The way they are approaching it is reducing the barrier to entry to both game types which I have to say (after taking long break since Cata), is a lot more accessible. With the ease of entering both modes, the disparity between the gear types isn't as drastic. It's not perfect, but it's still entertaining to me. I never thought I'd come back but at least this game works... *cough* SimCity *cough*

News Comments > Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers
29. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 14:46 Keilun

Kajetan wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 14:21:
avianflu wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 13:42:
Pure PR spin - it doesnt actually say anything or promise anything specific.
Yep, just some words. I want to see deeds from Ubi. Like, not putting features in their games which do only work when connected. Features, which are essential in later game play stages like in Anno 2070.

Yep. This is the main reason I never purchased Might and Magic Heroes 6, despite being a huge fan of that series.

Uplay needs a complete overhaul to either be more integrated in the game and actually add to the experience or just gtfo. Right now Uplay just seems to always get in my way - vaguely similar to GWFL, with less polish.

News Comments > Jon Shafer's New Studio Announces At the Gates
4. Re: Jon Shafer's New Studio Announces At the Gates Feb 6, 2013, 13:25 Keilun

Cutter wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 12:43:
Agreed. It's only with the Gods and Kings epxansion now is it playing the way it should have. It's one guy with any professional experience and some pals. Couple with the fact that it's a budget title and they want $25 for it - $30 at launch - I say, yeah, good luck with that.

Single-player might be where it should have been at launch. Multiplayer, however, is a long ways away from what it was in Civ IV. It's unfortunate as it doesn't seem like there's any interest in 2K or Firaxis to continue patching the multiplayer segment of the game.

So yeah I'll be inclined to wait and see on this one.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2013, 13:50.

News Comments > TERA Subscription-Free Next Week
10. Re: TERA Subscription-Free Next Week Jan 30, 2013, 18:35 Keilun

Alamar wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 16:46:
The problem with this kind of griping (that's apparently been going on for a decade), is that I don't know if it's true or not...

Mainly because you have many many levels of tolerance (or if you prefer, interest) to questing, and I can't tell if this game just has lots of typical quests, or that it's really grindy...

For example, I see the same complaints about every new MMO, including WoW expansions, and I disagree, so I don't know if the game is grindy or just has lots of quests : )

-Alamar

I played this game on NA release with my gf. I can confirm for sure that this is easily more grindy than WoW. The quests are not relevant at all and there is very little story or relevant story to them. It feels like Bluehole tried not to diverge too far from their initial Korean audience by making leveling quest driven. Instead, it's still very much a kill x monsters type game (a la Everquest). Most collect y items are really just kill x monsters type quests - except with the added monotony that drop rates are not 100%. Add to that the fact that there is no shared quest loot drops for party members and you're almost wishing you were playing solo.

WoW did a pretty good job of removing those really frustrating quests that took hours of RNG luck to get your quest drops, by implementing shared quest loot and just generally creating the 100% drop rate. You can call that easy mode or whatever, but either way it's quite a bit less grindy than Tera.

All that said, the combat was really really a ton of fun. Positioning and skill timing (and aiming) was actually relevant. In the end the most enjoyable part of the game is the BAMs (Big Ass Monsters) that are scattered across the world. These are essentially elites or mini-bosses that require a group to take down. The unfortunate part is that they don't appear consistently until about level 20 or so. We got so bored of questing that we wound up just BAM hunting which was a blast until we realized it was an ineffective method for leveling and ultimately wound up giving up because of the sheer boredom.

Perhaps there are other people who have more tolerance for this kind of grinding. Either way though, this game's going free to play, so there's not a whole lot of risk in trying it out. The combat alone is worth trying out if you haven't already, it makes you wish there were more MMOs with this level of action and pace.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 21, 2013, 11:34 Keilun

MrGrosser wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 11:30:
It is kind of sad that I won't even play PvP anymore. I get IP Win vs Bots for the day and that is it. Even then I'm usually starting the game with /mute all

Yeah I'm the same way. My gf and I just stick to Coop these days. It's not a very forgiving community for mistakes. Although it's way better in the Coop games, there's still the oddball that throws the random hissyfit over something minor.

News Comments > Civilization V One World Expansion Clues
9. Re: Civilization V One World Expansion Clues Jan 16, 2013, 16:12 Keilun

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 16, 2013, 09:40:
I recently noticed that they have added a touch-mode for Windows 8, so it's good to see major patches still being made. However, they really need to implement a proper multiplayer - preferably through Steam Cloud - as the Hot Seat multiplayer is a real chore.

If One World is indeed an expansion and not DLC then I'm looking forward to it, as Gods & Kings was excellent.

The lack of MP features is a real let down and the only reason I haven't played it nearly as much as Civ IV. It's unfortunate. The difference between SP and MP is night and day. I should preface this by saying that this is primarily for preferred MP play (coop vs AI). AI in MP is pretty limited and there is a severe lack of AI diplomacy when it comes to MP.

I recall reading somewhere where Brad Wardell from Stardock had spoken to one of the Civ V devs who had told him that less than 4% ( of Civ V players had even bothered to try an MP game let alone finish one and that was the reason they chose to cut MP from FE. Here's the link:

http://forums.elementalgame.com/415252/page/1/#3058175

Obviously that's valid business reasoning for not putting in, but I do wonder how accurate that metric is...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 9, 2012, 11:21 Keilun

FalconerHG wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 11:02:
Right, so you feel that these majorly important gameplay characteristics are simply remade:

> Encountering aliens, they scuttle away to safety, after which trench warfare resolves the conflict. (in the old game, an encounter could result in aliens shooting at you right away, or you shooting them - that was far more nailbiting than it is now)

> Maps are no longer random. There's only about 100, pre-made maps.

> Games universally last less than a day. (the old games were epic in length)

> No more Action Points

There are more, but these three are such enormously different that it is difficult to label the new game with the term 'remake'.

A remake is taking the original concepts and mechanics and putting it into a new engine.

Don't get me wrong, the new Xcom is great, but it's not a remake. (this is why developers have invented the term 're-imagining').

Nitpicking over the usage of the terms remake and reimagining is a bit anal don't you think?

I do miss map randomization though, even if some of the old XCOM maps were terrible. I've yet to see really if the random spawn points of the preset maps make enough of a difference. I'm going to guess no.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Sep 14, 2012, 11:14 Keilun

For dual daggers in PvE, Death Blossom serves as your evasive skill with great damage to boot. You are fully evading through that animation. The hits aren't huge, but the bleeds are fantastic. My PvE offset is sword/pistol or pistol/pistol for the reasons Verno mentioned.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
52. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 16:04 Keilun

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 15:58:
Of course they are! I was playing for a few weeks before GW2 released, trying to earn some of the legacy rewards. It was full of tons of other people doing the same thing, but now that the sequel launched I bet it's pretty quiet over there.

I logged in a week after launch and Kamadan was still live and kicking. Maybe even moreso than when I last logged on. But maybe that's just everyone trying to get their HoM points. I hit my 30 HoM a while back. I'm a bit disappointed with what we got out of it (most of the transmutes are hideous), but oh well at least we got something.

97 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo