Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Julian K

Real Name Julian K   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname J/K
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 29, 2002, 10:06
Total Comments 90 (Suspect)
User ID 14953

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > A Far Cry from German Approval
16. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2004, 14:59 J/K

The warez scene there isn't any bigger than elsewhere.
people there simply buy imported US of UK versions. Not only for the gore though. Usually dialogues and such are simply horribly translated.
For example, NOLF2 in english really had some good humor, in the german version it was just cheesy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > A Far Cry from German Approval
15. Re: No subject Apr 1, 2004, 14:53 J/K

"Man its so hypocritical, ..."
See, it is just as hypocritical as the US where violence in movies and games isn't such a big issue, but the whole country gets all nuts over one single exposed tit by janet jackson.
The Hypocrits are ruling the nations almost everywhere, no matter where you live.

News Comments > Kuma War Live
9. Re: A bit much. Mar 31, 2004, 16:14 J/K

"Oh yeah, a whole lot different. Hey, do you think you'll get to play as North Korea in the recreation of the 1996 incident? No? </tongue in cheek>"

yeah... most likely not. good point. but you're still at least wearing a korean skin

News Comments > Kuma War Live
4. Re: A bit much. Mar 31, 2004, 15:02 J/K

I agree with all that was said here in general. However, I doubt Kuma War is as much a propaganda thing as Americas Army clearly is. The Kuma guys simply want to make cash and believe they have a concept that pays off.

It's more they are riding the wave of a demand for more real war games by the consumers.

This demand on one hand worries me even more than government controls, on the other hand its really so pathetic when our pseudo heroes are sitting behind their desks, safely and comfortable, and hunger for games that make them feel to be in a "real war" that in reality makes millions of people suffer to nod end, makes soldier get psychotic and traumatized, makes them virtually shit their pants because of REAL fear, makes them vomit no end after they just looked into the open guts of the guy next to them who got hit by a grenade..etc..
war is simply not a game when its real, its sad, it hurts , its chaotic, its dirty, it erases the line between "good and evil" .. its all those behind their pc's actually never ever want to experience.
on a sidenote.. there is also a mission in kuma war that is about the north/south korean conflict and you don't play an US soldier, you play a korean. so.. its really a bit different to American's Army.

This comment was edited on Mar 31, 15:03.

News Comments > Pathologic Announced
32. Re: eBay scammer Mar 31, 2004, 08:41 J/K

publishers go more than anything else by what already has proven to sell.
So they see let's say the UT4 sales numbers and you bet that the next thing they want is UT5.
Only when they see proven products saturating the market and sales going down, they might consider
something really new. Or what do you think why we get drowned in war themed games currently?
Of course this is very simplified and generalized, but in the end that's the bottom line.

28. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2004, 23:47 J/K

obviously you never tried to get a deal with a publisher.
it is guts, cause usually your chances for getting something signed that does not fit into the well known pigeon holes are slim.

21. Re: Sounds cool Mar 30, 2004, 17:56 J/K

couldn't agree more.
especially on the slamming. this has just gotten completely absurd. games already get slammed for their anouncement.. ages before a demo or anything that shows what a game actually pulls off or doesn't.

This comment was edited on Mar 30, 17:56.

12. Re: Wow Mar 30, 2004, 15:04 J/K

the plot of halflife was pretty much as original as the quake1 plot. "save the world from evil aliens" . and it was also not interesting at the slightest. the game was interesting to play, but that had little to nothing to do with a none existing plot.
why is anything not following the old boring wellknown paths imediately considered weird?
no wonder publishers hardly ever sign deals for more original concepts.
sheesh. I read this description and apart from its odd wording just thought " cool.. if they pull that off and don't water it down in the end, this might blow some fresh air into the game shelves."

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. far cry ad Mar 28, 2004, 15:32 J/K

I liked the demo, I had the intention to buy the full game, but this advert here on the site is so obnoxious, that I start to consider NOT buying it. no kidding.
its not that ads in general bother me so much, but every day just the same darn far cry ad is really starting to get on me.

News Comments > Far Cry Patch Plans
50. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2004, 09:53 J/K

"The only REAL way to test a PC game before buying is to download and try it. If after a day or two I'm still playing it, I buy. That is what the scene is about, not about providing free games and never supporting the makers. That's a misconception that many preachy people that like to believe they are morally superior are foolish enough to believe. "

you are not a tad naive, aren't you?
and I we should be foolish enough to believe your wonderful tale of the good responsible warez consumers who buy every game, that is already on their HD for free? good morning wonderland.

News Comments > SC: Pandora Tomorrow SP Demo
21. Re: Multiplayer Demo will decide it Mar 17, 2004, 17:12 J/K

GTAZ:
you sir, are really really tough.
so manly and incredibly cool.wow , wow wow.if I'd be gay you'd excite me to no end

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 17:14.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: UT2004
59. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2004, 21:14 J/K

Gandhi I don't know who you know/meet, but I haven't seen hairy armpits around here for a long time. hell.. not even hairy pussies.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 21:15.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: UT2004
43. Re: Need help. Mar 16, 2004, 18:25 J/K

100 tops?? eh? you wouldn't really want to have sex with a 100$ hooker. you get what you pay for man.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
149. Re: Stern Feb 26, 2004, 18:58 J/K

>Why the hell are people putting some stupid political >spin on this story? There is nothing political going on >here.

and you really think political decisions have nothing to do with business and vice versa?

News Comments > Painkiller SP Demo
74. Re: Requiem Avenging Angel? Feb 17, 2004, 08:29 J/K

One of the most underrated games.It's certainly in my top 5 favorites and yes, it had "bullet time" before any other game. I'm still playing it occasionally.

News Comments > FBI Half-Life 2 Raids
95. Re: No subject Jan 20, 2004, 06:52 J/K

he looks guilty in a blurry photo is good enough for you??
hello?? what's next? lynch him? why wait for mre investigation or even a trial, since the photo already proves him guilty.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 06:56.

News Comments > UT2003 SAS Mod
4. Re: oh wonderful.. Dec 20, 2003, 17:44 J/K

"I dunno, are you a time traveler from the year 3000? "

yeah and the shocking news is they still do CS clones in 3000.

News Comments > UT2003 SAS Mod
1. oh wonderful.. Dec 20, 2003, 14:44 J/K

is that CS for UT3k? great I need more of that stuff. what about CS for my microwave?

News Comments > Demo Open Letter
45. Re: What's EZPAD? Dec 16, 2003, 16:08 J/K

#28 "Next up, all game developers who do not create a free public demo will be boycotted."

It's usually NOT the developer who has the control over that. It's the publisher. People unfortunately too often don't distinguish between developer and publisher.

News Comments > FireStarter Demo
43. oh my... Dec 8, 2003, 12:33 J/K

..sometimes I wonder what is the fun in in all this blind bitching. no matter how good or bad firestarter is, it has nothing more in common with stalker than the PUBLISHER. it is NOT the same dev team and not the same engine.
would be really nice if more people would get their facts straight before posting in public.

90 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo