Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fugazi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ 19031855
Description
Homepage http://www.urbanwizards.com
Signed On Oct 28, 2002, 14:50
Total Comments 113 (Novice)
User ID 14942

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M
12. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $29M Nov 23, 2013, 13:21 Fugazi

They will break $30 million today by the looks of it.  
The CRTC needs to be destroyed.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video
19. Re: Star Citizen Passes $23M; Hangar Spaceflight Mod Video Oct 19, 2013, 23:08 Fugazi

One other thing we should note about Star Citizen - Chris Roberts has a pretty huge fan-base in Europe (especially Germany). I knew people that worked at Digital Anvil and they told me about how rabid the fan-base was for CR in Europe and they were shocked at amount of fan mail and sales they would get from those geographies. The worldwide appeal of this particular crowd-source should not be underestimated.

As to Squadron 42, CIG has stated a desire to avoid spoilers so they have deliberately been quiet about that aspect of the Star Citizen experience. Sure, the forum crowd is excited about the MMO elements-but has there really been space combat MMO to date? Eve, Earth and Beyond and the Star Wars MMOs (shudder) have had space combat - but nothing as immersive as what is being planned for SC. Jumpgate was pretty close - but they could never get critical mass - even though I personally really enjoyed that game.
People want to fly in space - in a first-person mode that captures the "tramp freighter" or rag-tag pirate feel...I think CIG is going to deliver something very unique - and I miss the days when so many PC games tried something unique. I am glad I backed this one.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements
1. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements Oct 7, 2013, 21:06 Fugazi

50GB? Games are getting big!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Livestream
5. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 28, 2013, 21:34 Fugazi

Livestream has been pretty flakey, but they have given out a ton of new info and had some cool guests (Garriot, Fargo, Weisman).

Direct link to all six feeds (#1 is most active):
Livestream

News Comments > Star Citizen Livestream
3. Re: Star Citizen Livestream Jun 28, 2013, 20:54 Fugazi

Yeah the new site is a little disjointed and not everything is live yet. The site was getting pounded this morning, but seems to be better now that they doubled the server count. A good place to get some good background are the forums - there are some very informative stickies there.

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2013, 21:17.

News Comments > DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer
4. Re: DuckTales: Remastered for PC This Summer Jun 4, 2013, 20:42 Fugazi

..."and numerous other places PC gamers download their wares."

Let's hopes it's wares and not warez

News Comments > Morning Interviews
16. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 11, 2013, 19:56 Fugazi

I am very stoked for this game.  

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
1. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 4, 2013, 13:54 Fugazi

Fixed rare instance of couriers who would appear only dressed in a hat

Awesome

News Comments > Evening Q&As
1. Re: Evening Q&As Feb 12, 2013, 21:51 Fugazi

This is the only crowd-funding game I have backed. I miss the space sim genre immensely and I am looking forward to flying a ship again.
Alpha cannot come soon enough!

News Comments > Prey 2 Countdown?
2. Re: Prey 2 Countdown? Feb 2, 2013, 18:19 Fugazi

Agreed. This gamed looked like it had some potential.  

News Comments > New NVIDIA Reference Drivers
27. Re: New NVIDIA Reference Drivers Dec 4, 2012, 15:50 Fugazi

Windows 8 64bit here. Express install went without a hitch...thankfully.

GTX670 for GFX; GTX470 for PhysX

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
18. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 14, 2011, 21:56 Fugazi

I would argue that Unreal and Unreal Tournament (original) brought some original elements to the FPS genre.  

News Comments > No Bulletstorm PC Demo
8. Re: No Bulletstorm PC Demo Jan 14, 2011, 18:50 Fugazi

Epic is simply not interested in the PC platform just as they are no longer interested in creating original, fun games that take chances and push the boundaries of the medium.
They are the Michael Bay of game developers. Lots of flash, but no substance, originality, or soul.

News Comments > ABIT Closing
5. Re: ABIT Closing Dec 18, 2008, 23:29 Fugazi

Abit lost their star motherboard designer, Oscar Wu to DFI. He designed the very popular DFI LANParty mobo right after they poached him from Abit.

I think also the DIY PC enthusiast market is shrinking so there are going to be casualties.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Civilization IV: Colonization
8. Steam Sep 23, 2008, 20:07 Fugazi

On Steam now: $30

News Comments > ATARI Games on Steam
6. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 20:46 Fugazi

I think missile command is part of the 80-in-1 pack.

News Comments > Sweeney: PCs Good for Anything... But Games
51. No subject Mar 12, 2008, 08:39 Fugazi

Look. I am no fanboi and if you had cared to quote the rest of my paragraph you would have seen why I objected to Sweeney's comments. If more prominent developers keep proclaiming that "PC Gaming is D0med!" then it will probably go that route.
I also have personal gripe with Epic right now as I bought ( I know-stupid me) UT3 -collector's edition even- and inside the artbook is a big long spiel by Mark Rein about how much they care about the Unreal Tournament series and then when I launch the game...it's a turd. UI is complete garbage, Windows Live is broken, the game looks muddy and in fact it looks like a first-person Gears of War-a game whose art direction I did not care for. They don't care about UT3-it was quite obvious that it was a half-ass job. So UT3 tanks-and rightfully so-especially since COD4 and TF2 were much, much better games. They edited their forums so heavily after launch due to the flood of customer complaints and problems-yet fanboi posts were left. So does Epic own up and say-we didn't do a great job and it was our fault. No! Instead we get articles from these clowns talking about how PC gaming is in disarray and how consoles are "teh great"! Sorry gents, but I don't buy it-actually I did buy your game and my ass is still sore from the reaming. Learn from your failure, don't blame your customers for it. Epic games used to be an automatic buy for me-not anymore.
As for the warez kiddy comment-in my experience the people that warez games are some of the loudest complainers. Sure, they'll drop 2k on gaming rig, but they won't spend $50.00 on a game.
And I have rocked onboard video-nforce implementations aren't half-bad and will run older games pretty decently-just not cutting edge.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 09:03.

48. Re: No subject Mar 11, 2008, 19:23 Fugazi

It doesn't sound like you actually read anything but the title - and you'd rather whine than actually bother to understand what he is talking about.

Umm...I read the article. And when Sweeney says PCs are good for a lot things just not games-he's talking out of his ass. Sorry I offended your sensibilities by not agreeing with the public statements of a developer that cut his teeth on the PC platform. I understand his frustrations, but the continual belittling of the PC as a platform by developers is just going to give publishers more reasons to abandon my favourite platform. I don't want to see the PC die as a gaming platform.
And by the way, I have owned a 8800GTX for over a year now so keep your Intel snipes to yourself-I imagine you're just a little warez kiddie anyway.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Confirmed
10. No subject Mar 11, 2008, 19:16 Fugazi

I loved Bioshock and look forward to exploring more of the world of Rapture. All you haters-why bother playing games if you hate them all so much?

37. No subject Mar 11, 2008, 08:35 Fugazi

I am tired of hearing these guys whine. UT3, which I bought, is pretty crap. The UI alone is enough to enrage me. Couple that with Windows Live and I wish I could return the game. Epic has started to become like id-increasingly irrelevant except for making game engines.
I'm so glad that these rich babies are part of the alliance that is trying to "save" PC gaming. It doesn't sound like they want it to survive at all-they'd rather put out Gears of War 2009/2010 etc. and buy more sports cars.

113 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo