Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for mystery8

Real Name mystery8   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mystery8
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 25, 2002, 20:40
Total Comments 118 (Novice)
User ID 14923

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 22, 2014, 04:37 mystery8

beigemore wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 16:55:
Honestly, I'm really surprised no one has said it yet...

Hackers of the world unite. Hack the planet.

I came here just to say what you said. Thank you sir.

HACK THE PLANET!!!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars GameSpy Shutdowns
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2014, 04:43 mystery8

Rigs wrote on May 7, 2014, 04:15:
I never understood how you can run out of keys of a digital title with a non-physical, digital key? How is that possible?

=-Rigs-=

Maybe they create a list of say 10,000 keys which they have to add to their database as valid keys and that list then gets sent to Steam to hand out.

Not sure if it works that way, but maybe. Regardless you'd think these days that the process could just be automated so that if the supply gets low it automatically creates new keys, or just makes them on the fly as people buy the game.

I found it bizarre too and sometimes wondered if maybe they just put that message up when they wanted to stop selling something and possibly turn sales for it back on.

News Comments > NOLF Trademarks Filed
8. Re: NOLF Trademarks Filed May 1, 2014, 22:53 mystery8

Oh man. I hope this is legit.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 13, 2014, 22:18 mystery8

Xero wrote on Apr 13, 2014, 21:44:
Oh lord, stay the hell away from Sprint. I'm on them and I CANNOT wait to get off. Horrid signal and service. T-Mobile may be my future but if I get a good deal for just around 10 bucks more a month, I'll even go to AT&T or Verizon. I'm so sick of shiiiiet signal and lack of 4G compared to all the other services.
Yesterday I'm at my mother's house and my phone BARELY has 3G signal. Talking 3G with like 2 bars of signal. Couldn't even get a web page loaded for the life of me. My sister's boyfriend is over with the exact same phone on T-Mobile and he had 6 bars of 4G LTE signal. I'm like...FAIL.

Pretty much this.

I used Sprint for 2 years, but changed to Verizon the same day my Sprint contract ended. The Sprint people were nice, but the signal was horrible. There were times my phone was just dead. Or it'd say 3G, but it'd be going slow as hell. Then my friend is sitting across from me with the same phone (iPhone 4s) but on AT&T and is doing just fine.

Dumped Sprint for Verizon and yea, I don't have Unlimited Everything anymore - but even the smallest Verizon plan is sufficient for me. I'm saving about $10 a month and I have a strong signal everywhere I've been so far.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Overwatch
10. Re: Blizzard TMs Overwatch Apr 9, 2014, 15:54 mystery8

Dagnamit wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 09:34:
Half-Life 3 confirmed. I knew it would be a blizz/valve collab-o MMORPG. 3 million Gordon Freemans. I've already reserved xxxxGORDONZOxxxx.

LOL, I thought the same thing. Overwatch is Half-Life so far as I care

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
35. Farewell my friend Apr 4, 2014, 01:20 mystery8

The Planet sites (which hadn't been updated in a few years now) no longer seem to be up at all. Now this. Won't be much longer before GameSpy is no longer existent on the web at all. The quiet end of an era.

I feel like an old man in a rocking chair on the porch remembering the days when I'd check Planet Quake, Planet Half-Life, etc. a few times a day and usually find something new each time. Maps, Mods of the week, Mailbag, Contests, etc. Waiting forever to download the latest Half-Life or Counter-Strike patch from FilePlanet.

Trawling through FilePlanet's vastness looking for something interesting that slipped my attention.

Good times those were. I wonder if it'd still be the same if they hadn't gotten bought out?

I am continuously grateful that Blue's News and DoomWorld are still around and going strong. I hope they always are.

[Update]
Oops. I see some of the websites are still up, at their .gamespy.com addresses. http://planetquake.gamespy.com/

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2014, 01:37.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Yay! Feb 18, 2014, 22:47 mystery8

Glad the site is fully back up (or appears to be). Thanks to all for the hard work  

News Comments > Valve Talks About Lack of Communication
12. Shell shocked Jan 11, 2014, 00:14 mystery8

It seems like they're so shell shocked (still) about Half-Life 2's shenanigans that they won't even announce anything until its ready to go.

The interview is full of non-information and does kinda come off as a bit indifferent. We've been waiting years and years and just silence.

Years and years go by as we wait for something of Episode 3 or a full Half-Life sequel. And what we get is Steam OS, Steam Box, more and more Steam stuff. Which is all good, sure.

But I'm starting to wonder if what my friend said last year is true.

Valve isn't a game developer anymore.

I sure hope that's not the case.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 25, 2013, 23:12 mystery8

And despite that and other facts, people will still blame video games for this and others. Proof be damned  

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
32. Re: No One Knows Who Owns NOLF Apr 6, 2013, 22:46 mystery8

NOLF rocked. It'd be great if they could figure out who owns them so they can be listed on GOG.com. Or maybe even a sequel  

News Comments > DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011
19. Re: DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011 Apr 3, 2013, 22:58 mystery8

Hate to be a jerk but....

so hey, how's that whole selling out to Zenimax thing working for ya id? This is not at all surprising, unfortunately

News Comments > Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO
29. Re: Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO Feb 21, 2013, 19:53 mystery8

There was a time when I'd visit Planet Half-Life, Quake, Wolfentein, Doom and Unreal several times a day and often find new stuff each time. But I stopped that years ago and the Gamespy "Network" kinda died to me when they killed all hosted websites.

All those ancient Quake sites lost to the ether. Sucks how it turned out.

Really glad Blue's News is around and not going anywhere.

News Comments > Half-Life Update Causing Mod Issues?
13. Re: Half-Life Update Causing Mod Issues? Feb 19, 2013, 03:44 mystery8

I keep an old installs of Half-Life 1.0.1.6 and 1.1.1.0 (Pre-Steam) for just this reason. It doesn't have the updates and fun stuff like 1920x1080 support, but it gets the job done and can run mods.

Hope they correct this.

News Comments > TTimo: id "Lost Interest Towards the PC"
10. Re: TTimo: id Feb 6, 2013, 03:29 mystery8

MajorD wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 21:46:
John Carmack pioneered the way of the FPS via the PC, but it’s really too bad he/id Software became sellouts to the console market. They lost their way in the dust trail left by many other talented developers. Indies have become best thing for PC games now…

Seriously. Rage was the first id game I've ever not been excited for. I finally got it on the Steam sale and didn't finish it

It seems like if I want to enjoy an id game I'll have to play an old one. Sad since they used to be my favorite.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Nov 29, 2012, 06:27 mystery8

That video game graveyard made me sad  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
8. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 27, 2012, 22:23 mystery8

What I don't get is how Apple or Google can press charges?

It was lost or abandoned due to negligence by their employee.

Soo... if I leave my cell phone behind somewhere and someone finds it, I can press charges of theft against them? Assuming they don't turn it over. I kinda doubt it.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 26, 2012, 23:07 mystery8

It's bad enough you got wackos claiming one of the greatest achievements in human history - which he was a huge part of - was a fraud, but now you get his name wrong when he dies? Geez..  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2012, 23:07 mystery8

Well that sucks

R.I.P. Paul

News Comments > etc.
5. GameSpy Jun 9, 2012, 23:38 mystery8

I remember when I used to visit Planet Half-Life, Quake, Doom and Wolfenstein often multiple times daily and usually see new stuff posted every few hours on most of them. Many many old mods and resource sites were hosted on PlanetQuake.

Seems GameSpy has been dying bit by bit since IGN took over. A few of those planet sites I used to frequent haven't seen a new news post in over a year. I wonder why they're still even up.

News Comments > Korean FTC Raids Blizzard Over Diablo 3
11. Re: Korean FTC Raids Blizzard Over Diablo 3 Jun 1, 2012, 04:13 mystery8

It's not a raid unless you have more than 5 players.  

118 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo