Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2446 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2013, 05:23 mag

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:15:
I still want DS but can't justify paying more than $5 for it given it's supposedly such a shitty port.
It's not that bad. It is the best version of the game. Flat out. It performs the best and has the best graphics, especially if you get the DSfix mod.

They didn't add any PC-specific features, but they did include the new content and priced the game low to start.

I guess I did have it crash once on start-up, but that was GFWL shitting itself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 21, 2013, 22:46 mag

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 22:32:
Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 22:03:
Twitter, another company contributing the destruction of the English language. Fuck them and their fucking hashtag BS.

Amen, brother!

Sometimes the Cutter hate-beam gets pointed in the right direction!

News Comments > Saints Row 4 CE Survey
9. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 01:19 mag

NKD wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 23:54:
Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 20:54:
Seeing as this is really just a glorified expansion how about a low entry price point. I'm much more all over that than a CE.

What information do you have that suggests this won't be a full game with lots of content?

They didn't completely rewrite the engine for a same-generation console game, therefore clearly it's an expansion pack.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 20, 2013, 19:47 mag

Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 16:40:
ldonyo wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 10:42:
Every form of communications in China is censored and spied upon. The only news here is that Network World seems surprised that Skype is, too.

America has the NSA - and a dozen other intel agencies beyond the cops and feds - and a censor board too. China is simply more overt about it.

US government definitely spies. Example of censorship though?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2013, 19:13 mag

Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 16:37:
All Sony has to do to win is not do that and allow used game sales.

Sony already said that they are going to allow used game sales.

News Comments > Game Reviews
26. Re: Game Reviews Mar 20, 2013, 18:12 mag

JaguarUSF wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 09:59:
Short games are fine...but not for $60.

Ding ding ding

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 20, 2013, 03:37 mag

U.S. Government thinks it might be time to change copyright law.

Is it just me, or does it sound like the person that wrote that article thinks copyright law isn't strict enough??

Feds: No Warrant Needed to Track Your Car With a GPS Device.

How the heck do you appeal a SCOTUS decision??

This comment was edited on Mar 21, 2013, 06:50.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 20, 2013, 03:29 mag

The Minuum Keyboard Project.

Sooooo Swype + T9 predictive text. Opposite direction from what is needed. The problem with on screen keyboards is definitely not that they're too precise.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
24. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2013, 22:22 mag

Cutter wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 14:12:
I drive very aggressively - and I've taken advanced driving courses. I'm a superb driver because I have the right mindset and I'm always 100% focused on my driving - do not use phones, eat, etc. - and entirely situationally aware. A huge part of driving is the psychological aspect of it which most people will never master.

Did not need to look at who posted this.

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Patched
13. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Mar 18, 2013, 05:08 mag

Steviepunk wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 10:25:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 17:30:
No, GPG has nothing to do with this. Well, I guess it's possible, but Square-Enix owns SupCom. Any new-found resources GPG have gathered elsewhere were not the reason for this patch. Would Chris Taylor get on the phone at this point, and say "Hey Squenix, we're not out of business after all, mind if we do some busy-work on our last game?" I'd think they'd have their hands full with whatever their new owners want them to do...

True, but also possible that Wargaming are wanting GPG to do more on the SupCom line. It's my understanding that most of that patch had been coded some time ago and never approved by Square (though this is going on previous interviews/blog posts that indicated they had changes they wanted to make). If a new deal is in place for GPG to develop SupCom 3, then a little raise of interest in SC2 would be beneficial.
Just speculation though, until something is announced regarding their next game, we know nothing!

SupCom3 will have resourcing and base-building completely removed and allow you to control one command unit in a MOBA-type environment.

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Soon
5. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Free DLC Soon Mar 16, 2013, 22:24 mag

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 21:02:
I tried it when it first came out, but it seemed bizarre. I was probably missing a lot, but I couldn't make much sense of it.

Yeah, I messed around with it for a while but couldn't really make heads or tails of it.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2013, 22:21 mag

Riker wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 22:07:
Bah, disappointed to hear Whedon's response to the Veronica Mars Kickstarter. The longer he waits...

It's gone, man. Let it go.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
17. Re: Saturday Mobilization Mar 16, 2013, 20:06 mag

DangerDog wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 17:10:
Redmask wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 12:33:
Right now tablets aren't productivity tools, they are media consumption devices. The Surface Pro did nothing to change that and it is prohibitively expensive in this economy.

Still enjoying my $150 HP Touchpad running Android 4.01 mod, it's a nice "media consumption device".

No way in hell would I pay $500+ for a tablet.

You must remember, though, that that $150 Touchpad was a $600 device.

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta
2. Re: AMD Catalyst Beta Mar 16, 2013, 19:59 mag

Wasn't this supposed to have the rest of the game-agnostic frame latency fixes?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 05:27 mag

• Retro/Grade is a rhythm game/shmup...

• A déjà vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix. It happens when they change something…

• Rhythm Destruction is a rhythm game/shmup...

• Awesome.

News Comments > etc., etc.
    4. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 01:28 mag

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 01:15:
    Every Jeremy Soule track sounds exactly the same -- I swear to god that he cut from his NWN1 tracks and pasted them into Skyrim. Why would I want to fund an album when I can hear the same old shit in every fantasy RPG made since Icewind Dale?

I'm not a mega superfan of his latest stuff, but damn the Total Annihilation soundtrack was amazing. Amazing!

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 14, 2013, 23:12 mag

Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 14:00:
    InBlack wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 12:01:
    No ridicule intended, the thing is this the dude apparently had sex but quit after college and became a born again virgin...This is all very confusing...

Yeah, that's bullshit. Becoming a Christian doesn't somehow confer the "virgin" status back on you. Then again, I'm sure there's some church somewhere that believes that...

Creston

There was a King of the Hill episode that featured whatshername becoming a virgin again.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 18:58 mag

1badmf wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 12:05:
    InBlack wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:15:
    Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 10:25:
    So I don't know if there are any Veronica Mars fans here, but if there are... HOLY SHIT!

Creston

I dont know who Veronica Mars is. Is she like one of those fictional overblown pop culture icons like Buffy the Vampire Slayer? (I seriously never heard of this person before)

yeah i never got the appeal either. it was an early 2000s detective-ish show, but frankly i think it never would've blown up if the star wasn't this sweet little blonde that everybody fantasized about dating.

Everything you say is true, but the show really was better than such a description would suggest. It's well-written, well-directed, well-acted.

News Comments > SimCity Status Report
    7. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 13, 2013, 22:38 mag

Go home, SimCity, you're drunk.  

34. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 13, 2013, 17:45 mag

Beamer wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 17:26:
    Every religion has its barbarians, even atheism (Dawkins tends to skirt the line between being one of them.)

Islam is really no different. What is different is that it tends to be common in areas with a much lower literacy rate and no government separation. It becomes a tool to sway the masses. But if you remove Islam those looking for power would find an equally useful crutch.

Again, the problem is not Islam. It's weird that some think it is. Islam, like Christianity, has many different branches, many of which have never inspired violence.

Dawkins is an ass opinionated, but please don't call atheism a religion.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2013, 18:07.

2446 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 31.
    < Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo