Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2203 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2012, 00:02 mag

DAMMIT BENGALS  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Internet Speed In United States Lags Behind Many Countries, Highlighting Global Digital Divide. Oct 21, 2012, 18:16 mag

LittleMe wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 17:42:
Don't fall for this corporate propaganda. ISP's want government handouts and stimulus money. If people in remote areas want broadband they can solve that problem without putting us more into debt than we already are. Also technology is improving to bring Internet to more remote areas.
\

Nope.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Oct 21, 2012, 04:33 mag

dubfanatic wrote on Oct 21, 2012, 01:58:
TurdFergasun wrote on Oct 20, 2012, 20:56:
which is why i like to stick to carrier-firmware-free nexus fones. you're not dependent on the lazy carriers to approve the new firmware each and every time it comes out as long as there's a version for your specific hardware.

Anyone who is savvy gets a Nexus phone. There are millions of others who get suckered by some failed used car salesman at a mall kiosk into committing to some pile of shit that will launch with an outdated version and never get an update. Or, if they are especially unlucky, they will get an update which ends up causing more problems than it fixes.

None of the Nexus phones have physical keyboards, though. :/

News Comments > Outlast Announced
10. Re: Outlast Announced Oct 19, 2012, 02:32 mag

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 06:10:
Is it just me, or are these games just not scary anymore? Doom 3 when it came out, with full blown surround sound was scary as hell, or at least it was not entirely bland and dull.

Offhand, the only games I can name that were scary were (few) parts of Dead Space, Doom 3 (when that came out and you had 5.1 sound, the experience was nerve wrecking), the water in that.. ehm, what was it's name..... Amnesia.. heh, besides that 1 scene the game was so bland I can't even remember the name without checking steam... and what else? Nothing. Resident Evil hasn't been scary for decades. And the blair witch project style stuff is cute to watch but scary? It is moody, but not scary.

Undying had its moments.
System Shock 2 did, too.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2012, 18:39 mag

Oops. Missed out last week. Here's another go:

49ers, Bills, Cowboys, Ravens, Colts, Vikings, Saints, Packers, Giants, Patriots, Raiders, Bengals, Lions

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 16, 2012, 03:32 mag

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 02:54:
"Sepharo, it's silly that we're talking about prisoners getting mail at all, they should be hanging upside down shackled at the ankles. You do the crime you do the time!"

Oh stop it. No one said that. There is no "right" being infringed here - we are strictly talking what privileges the state sees fit to afford the prisoners. As far as I'm concerned the prison reserves the right to revoke any inmates privileges at any time for any reason whatsoever. As they are apparently doing here. There really no explanation required in my opinion. If you think that's unfair then maybe get the ACLU involved. Personally I certainly am not going to shed a tear over some criminal not getting his mail.

I don't know why we even have prisons. You break the law, the cops should just shoot you on the spot.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS
12. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 16, 2012, 03:24 mag

Why would they even need AI or combat designers? From the trailers, it looks like it's a scripted rail shooter and that no matter where you shoot you hit the 'target'.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 15, 2012, 20:51 mag

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 20:24:
It sickens me the perks they get in jail/prison.....no longer 3 hots and a cot. Now it is 3 hots, your own room, cable tv, free education, free dental, free medical, etc etc etc.

Crying

News Comments > Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans
6. Re: Project Eternity Documentary & Soundtrack Plans Oct 15, 2012, 19:15 mag

John wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 17:35:
deqer wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 17:26:
scroll down half way: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity (9 levels deep now)
Yep! Less than 400 more backers and we'll get one more level!

I wonder if the documentary will only be released at the end with the game or if they'll do updates along the way as the Double Fine guys are doing.

I don't want them to ever email me again until the game is done.

News Comments > Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo
9. Re: Divinity Anthology Collector's Edition & Pick Your Price Promo Oct 10, 2012, 18:15 mag

BobBob wrote on Oct 10, 2012, 17:00:
Steam > GOG

...in what conceivable way is Steam superior to GOG?

News Comments > Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt
35. Re: Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt Oct 7, 2012, 13:35 mag

People lamenting the death of another 4X might be interested in Star Lords. You get access to the alpha for pre-ordering, and my impression is that it's already in a pretty playable state.

I haven't spent money on it yet. YMMV. But I haven't seen it getting any press.

23. Re: Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt Oct 6, 2012, 21:37 mag

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 19:49:
mag wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 16:59:
Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 16:43:
We, as gamers, really need to stop supporting devs/publishers that just release shit that is broken.

Because then this (can) happen, and you're left with a broken game.

Creston

Except that this actually happened because gamers did not support the devs that released a broken game. It was universally panned, and no one bought it. So they went bankrupt.

So the answer is to buy MORE broken games? Yeah, no. This got TERRIBLE word of mouth when it was released basically as a non-functional product. If devs can't deliver something that works, they deserve to go bunk.

Creston

I'm just saying that exactly what you wanted to happen, happened. Bad game released. Not bought by gamers. Game company goes bust. Everyone's happy.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 6, 2012, 17:06 mag

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 14:10:
Is IRC really such a hotbed of copyright infringement??

Yeah, actually. Always has been.

16. Re: Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt Oct 6, 2012, 16:59 mag

Creston wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 16:43:
We, as gamers, really need to stop supporting devs/publishers that just release shit that is broken.

Because then this (can) happen, and you're left with a broken game.

Creston

Except that this actually happened because gamers did not support the devs that released a broken game. It was universally panned, and no one bought it. So they went bankrupt.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 6, 2012, 14:41 mag

jdreyer wrote on Oct 6, 2012, 14:30:
Also, a forum user requests that other users here consider restricting their signatures to the actual signature, rather than also appending some form of signoff to the body of each post, as it promotes formatting problems in nested quotes. Seems like a worthwhile request, so I thought I'd pass that along for everyone's consideration.

Yeah, I saw that the other day, but I don't understand it. Why does matter if the sig is above or below the line? I just leave it below so I don't have to type it every time, but I don't get what issues it would cause if people just type "=-Rigs-=" or "Creston" above the line out of habit?

I am confused as to why people need to sign at all. Your name's in the upper right of each post, guys!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 5, 2012, 19:17 mag

The Forgotten Mapmaker: Nokia Has Better Maps Than Apple and Maybe Even Google.

Nokia's maps do not cover Japan or Korea. Probably many others.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2012, 17:54 mag

Cardinals, Bengals (a 4-win streak is ridiculous to expect of them, but...) Packers, Ravens, Giants, Steelers, Redskins, Seahawks, Bears, Vikings, Broncos, 49ers, Chargers, Texans.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2012, 03:39 mag

Darks wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 01:49:
Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 00:37:
Damn, I'm stuck at the point where you set the map coordinates to kill the Gargantua. I set the target but can't get any form of acknowledgement for the fire. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.

Even if I get it, not sure it will work. Gargantua follows you, so if I need to set it on him while he's wiggling the tower, if I try to climb or jump down he will move.

Anyone recall the secret to doing this, section?

Thanks.

on the screen theres a fire button. u have to click it after u set the cords to where u want them. I missed this one too at first.

Or just shoot him for an hour. You'll kill him eventually.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2012, 17:01 mag

Prez wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 03:40:
Already tried it. The truth is I don't know enough about Romney to say exactly what he would do in each situation. Then there's the question of trying to guess what effect each action would have. The bottom line is that I am confident he couldn't possibly do any worse. He has at least proven that he can run a business with some measure of success, which is more management skills than Obama has ever shown me.

Again, vote for whomever you want. I'm not trying to talk anyone into or out of anything. Just sharing my (imperfect) rationalization for voting the way I am going to. Take it or leave it.

Agreed, vote for whomever you want, of course. Don't vote just because you think it's your duty, though, without knowing what you're voting for. It sounds like you don't like Obama (fair), but that you don't really care otherwise, except that you don't like voting for 3rd party candidates.

If you want to signal a 'no confidence' vote, then write in your own name or Cthulhu or Mickey Mouse or go 3rd party or whatever. If you think it is your duty to make sure Obama doesn't get elected at any cost, then vote for Romney. If you really think Romney is better, vote for Romney. If you think Obama stinks, but you don't know anything about Romney? Please research before you throw your vote at a you-know-not-what.

It reminds me of Clint Eastwood lambasting Invisible Obama for not closing Guantanamo and for starting (I guess he meant voting to start--along with nearly everyone else in Congress) and not ending the Afghanistan war, at the Republican convention. Since, you know. Those are the Republican positions.

The exact same thing goes for people on other side, too, of course. It's not your civic duty to vote and hold your nose. It's your civic duty to vote informed. Then hold your nose.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 1, 2012, 01:57 mag

Prez wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 01:19:
Anyway, as far as who to vote for, I have to say the last 4 years have been disastrous, so I can't vote for Barry. That leaves 1) Romney, 2) an independent with no chance (Paul or Nader) or 3) abstaining. I don't like voting for the candidates with no chance in hell, and I don't like NOT voting considering it is really a civic duty, so it's looking like I'll be holding my nose and voting for Romney.

List (for yourself) the things about the past four years that you found to be disastrous. Ask yourself how Romney would have handled these things, vs. how Obama handled them. Consider whether these things would have hurt or helped the country.

Obama's a disappointment to me, but most of my disappointment is related to surveillance, free speech, other civil rights issues, drug policy, toothless industry reform legislation, IP policy, etc. Unfortunately, the opposition holds mostly the same views regarding these things.

2203 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo