Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2396 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2014, 18:48 mag

jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 16:02:
Predatory dinosaur was larger than T. rex, went for swims.

So, Jurassic Park 3 actually got it right?

Spinosaurus, the guy in JP3, has actually been known about for quite a while. Everyone seems to think JP3 made it up, but it was a real dino!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 13:45 mag

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:33:
Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:30:
You can't really lay that on one specific political party or voting demographic.

It's complex, I wasn't really going direct party, but those I know that go along with this, seem aligned heavily to one. Guess?

It seems to be a pretty bi-partisan thing. Old People would be the demographic I'd pin the complacency on.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2014, 22:47 mag

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 21:12:
Must have been some big fucking complication if the man went in for a leg injury and ended up kicking the bucket. Holy shit!

Every surgery is risky. General anesthesia is very risky.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 05:48 mag

Redmask wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 20:14:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 19:29:
Rumor mill is saying MS is close to buying Mojang for 2 billion.

Awesome, another thing Microsoft can fucking destroy. Notch, the guy who rails on about EA, selling out to fucking Microsoft is just rich.

XBOX XCLUSIVE!

You can have all of the principles in the world, but... man. $2B is $2B. In the grand scheme of things, you can do a lot more Good with $2B than you can with a morally righteous video game company.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Sep 10, 2014, 05:41 mag

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 23:27:
Quboid wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 22:19:
I can understand if you're fed the fuck up with the amount of bullshit lately but ... what the fuck man?

Yeah, I thought if anyone would support this, it would be Halfie. Guess it goes to show you can't shoehole people.

I think the whole gaming community just needs to get together and hug it out. So much negativity lately.

News Comments > Transverse Announced
18. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 10, 2014, 04:36 mag

I didn't even know MW:O ever came out. I thought it was canceled or something.  

General Discussion > NFL Week One
8. No subject Sep 9, 2014, 18:24 mag

Pigeon wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:51:
Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:03:
Romo was looking rough on the weekend

I can't stand the Seahawks but they looked damned impressive, the only thing stopping Marshawn Lynch is going to be an injury.

Bills did surprisingly okay even with that backup CB, they are always my worst picks.

Biggest disappointment last week was KC, felt like they weren't even on the field mentally.

I was sad to see the Saints lose too but it was a good game.

Seahawks are definitely the team to beat this year, followed by the Broncos (So close Colts)

The Bills are an upset team; they're generally bad, but seem to pull off wins against teams you wouldn't think possible. Cincinnati is kind of the same way, 'cept they tend to lose to teams they shouldn't.

It was good to see the Texans finally win a regular season game. The offense looked shaky, and the secondary outmatched like always, but that defensive line and special teams looked fantastic. Blocked extra point and a blocked punt for a TD. Sucks about Clowny, 4-6 weeks

Cincinnati used to be that team that went 4-12 and only beat the best teams in the league, but yeah, now they're that team that goes 10-6 and loses to the worst teams in the league. And whomever they play in the first playoff game (regardless of quality).

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 18:22 mag

Hyatus wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 16:16:
Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:49:
Powerstone and Skies of Arcadia were my favs though there were several other good games on there. I hated the Dreamcast controller though.

I forgot about SoA. Yeah, the controllers are crap. I do like the VMU idea, but not its execution. The Gamecube's FF: Crystal Chronicles utilized the same idea but to a more comfortable degree. Of course, Nintendo's controllers have mostly been crap ever since they rocked it out with the SNES ones.

You are craaaaazy. Though the N64 controller took some getting used to, it was pretty perfect for what it did. It was an evolutionary step on the way to the now-ubiquitous dual-thumbstick controllers.

And the GameCube controller might be my favorite ever. The second thumbstick was trash (and almost never used, really), and the z-button was a little clumsy, but as a whole it was just brilliant.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 5, 2014, 23:13 mag

jdreyer wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 15:47:
Is it just me, or is everyone else annoyed by the fact that monitor resolution now uses horizontal pixel width than vertical?

Extremely annoyed.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation in Stores
26. Re: Planetary Annihilation in Stores Sep 5, 2014, 23:09 mag

Xero wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 15:56:
Based on that trailer, I'm interested in a title that I previously never looked into at all. It has definitely a Homeworld, Supreme Commander vibe. Both games that I tried a little bit of and only moderately got into, yet I'm a pretty big RTS fan. Mostly sticking with the C&C brand and Blizzard titles.
This one has a lot of potential though! I'd definitely like to try a demo and if not, I'll wait until it hits a super low sale.

You really, really owe it to yourself to try Homeworld again, if you're an RTS fan. It's a fantastic game, all around.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2014, 06:07 mag

InBlack wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 05:23:
mag wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 01:37:
I watched Federer v. Monfils instead of the NFL game. Damn damn damn that was an intense match.

Federer vs Cilic in the semi-finals. It's 5 : 0 for Federer in their matches so far, so Cilic is definitely the underdog, but Im still hopeful.

I would really like to see Federer win this one in the end, as it may be his last real shot at one more Slam, but it's cool to see all of these other guys getting up there and really contending.

News Comments > Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms in November
3. Re: Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms in November Sep 5, 2014, 05:17 mag

Mercenar wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 04:35:
Oh man... not again...

This time again, my brain saw the word "HERETIC" and the excitement started before the reason told him "NO ! No ! Just No ! It's not Heretic"...

Those freaks should be thrown in the ocean for using the holy word heretic...

Especially adjacent to the word Shadows!!!

27. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2014, 01:37 mag

I watched Federer v. Monfils instead of the NFL game. Damn damn damn that was an intense match.  

News Comments > Strife Open Beta
1. Re: Strife Open Beta Aug 29, 2014, 21:33 mag

I keep thinking that this is the Doom-engine Strife getting a sequel, and then I read "MOBA," and I weep inside.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 28, 2014, 18:35 mag

Ugh, AMD is so bad at this. They just can't help but be inconsistent.

270 < 270X < 280 < 285 < 280X < 290 < 290X

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2014, 18:24 mag

Amazon.com End of Summer Sale. That URL is not stuffed with our affiliate code (as opposed to this one, which is).

Your affiliate link is broken, there.

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Aug 28, 2014, 17:29 mag

Cutter wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 16:46:
jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 16:22:
Creston wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 13:58:
Calling swat on someone for shits and giggles should be thirty years in the federal pen.

Because these swat guys are coming in on a bomb threat, and they are high strung to hell; you make one bad or suspicious move and they'll end you right then and there.

Such lulz. So the asshole who did it, @screwpain, hope you enjoy getting assraped for a large portion of the rest of your life. Miserable piece of shit.

1. Prison sentencing reform is a serious issue. I abhor swatting and those that do it, but 30 years doesn't fit the crime. Swartz was threatened with 35 years for sharing docs. It's a problem, given that the USA has the world's largest prison population.

2. Prison rape is not a joking matter. If you're convicted you should server your time, not be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment too. Most swatters are kids that don't know better. Ruining their lives forever due to a prank is too much, serious though that prank may be.

Anyone that stupid needs several years to reflect on just how dumb they are. As stated, this could easily get someone killed. I'd say a 5 year sentence would be fair. After all there has to be a deterrent in there as well. Most tools would get out after a year or two anyway. How bad a parent do you have to be if your kids don't understand how dumb and dangerous something like this is?

I'd say a hefty fine and probation would strike the fear of god into them. It was probably some dipshit kid.

Edit: Well, the person that did it wouldn't do it again, anyway. How do you deter other internet dipshits from copycatting? Doubt the threat of prison would do it, unless you could convince them that they WILL get caught--that's going to be hard. Part of being a dipshit kid is thinking you're invincible.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
25. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 28, 2014, 06:44 mag

jdreyer wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 04:51:
Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 23:20:
And fuck Joss Whedon he's a perv with a foot fetish anyway.

I'd not heard that. Maybe you're thinking of Quentin Tarantino?

There was a Cracked article the other week that mentioned how Joss Whedon shows bare feet in his shows a lot, which to them means he has a foot fetish. Cutter probably read that.

I think it's really funny that the veracity of the foot fetish is what we're discussing, instead of the the entire bewildering content of that comment.

News Comments > GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming
25. Re: GOG.com Adds DRM-Free Movies; TV Coming Aug 28, 2014, 06:33 mag

walrus1 wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 21:07:
GOG has attempted to jump the shark here. I wouldn't be surprised if the shark ate them.

I doubt this represents a huge investment on their end. Worst case, it'll quietly go away, no harm. Best case, one day you won't have to deal with VUDU or whatever.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 27, 2014, 02:46 mag

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 23:46:
12.9"?! You might as well just put a keyboard on it and call it an Ultrabook at that point.

I can't wait for the 2020 30" tablets and 20" phones.

2396 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo