Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2307 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > New Wildman Video; Tiers
14. Re: New Wildman Video; Tiers Jan 29, 2013, 01:10 mag

Lord Tea wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 18:50:
This is going to be the end of Gas Powered Games. As sad as it is, I just can't support a game that I'm not going to play, ever. Why they took such a risk and came up with an entirely new concept no gamer has heard of before is beyond me. I'd have supported a SupCom 3 Kickstarter or even the mentioned Homeworld idea - just give me something I'm confident you could pull off. Sad!

Same.

But he would have to completely swear off and apologize for SupCom2, at the same time, for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Previews
18. Re: Morning Previews Jan 29, 2013, 01:07 mag

Axis wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 17:07:
Haha JD, I'll just let the reviews speak for themselves at this point, my job is done!

They're not paying you to let the reviews speak for themselves, man! Get off your butt and evangelize, evangelize, evangelize. Earn that paycheck!

News Comments > Morning Previews
17. Re: Morning Previews Jan 29, 2013, 01:05 mag

Ah. This is an online-only one? Is it going to be F2P, or do you have to pay for it?  

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 29, 2013, 00:58 mag

Orogogus wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 00:15:
Shacknews and Blues seem to want to editorialize DS3's PC port heavily for some reason. DS1 had a pretty glaring mouse control/vsync issue, but did anyone besides shihonage (edit: and Blue, maybe?) have a ton of issues with the DS2 port? Not every game gets a high resolution texture pack.

The DS1 port was so bad--AND NEVER FIXED--that I never even considered checking out DS2 or DS3.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
22. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 28, 2013, 15:53 mag

SmyTTor wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 09:56:
This may come as a shock, but there are more *nix based operating systems on devices than Windows- by a long shot. Between Apple shit and Android, Windows is a distant third today.

The development of software compatible with the *nix's has mushroomed thanks to gaming on tablets and phones and the streaming of movies and music, the need for apps. The strong points of linux really allowed it to take off with smart phones. Small, efficient, reliable, open source. Hell, my universal remote is linux based~

I predominantly use linux. I like linux. I have an Android phone.

Android phones do not, should not, count as linux. Yes, somewhere deep inside Google abomination there is a modified linux kernel, but that's like saying the Xbox ran WinXP.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2013, 00:59 mag

Nevermind.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2013, 01:22.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2013, 22:28 mag

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 21:52:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 19:23:
That's not true at all. There are lots of reasons to have government funding science research:
- If a particular field of research or project has no immediate profitable application, like the Hubble telescope or Large Hadron Collider
- If a particular research field won't return profit quickly enough, like fusion.
- Research projects that need to be applied to everyone, but won't be affordable to everyone if market based solutions are used, like vaccines.
- Projects that are simply too large, complex, or expensive for any corporation to handle, like the moon landings or Manhattan project

And on and on. In fact, the device you're entering your communication on (your computer) and transmitting it to the rest of us (the internet) are both the product of governmental research programs.

Wrong on all counts. It's pure sophistry to say all the advances related to government funding wouldn't have occurred without them. Most advances occur without government. Not one thing you mentioned was at all necessary, much less profitable. The moon was ego. the A-bomb is defense related anyway. The LHC and Hubble are interesting but aren't essential to anyone. Vaccines would be provided cheap because the alternative is too costly. And ENIAC was also related to defense and it was based on the abacus. In fact none of this government related stuff would have occurred without it occurring in the free market first. Telescopes were paid for by private patrons. And on and on it goes. So no, you can't convince me that that there's the need to spend even 1 penny of tax dollars on research science.

I might be thinking of someone else, but aren't you Canadian, Cutter?

News Comments > Indie Dev Seeks Homeworld IP
10. Re: Indie Dev Seeks Homeworld IP Jan 24, 2013, 12:28 mag

Creston wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 11:11:
Panickd wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 09:42:
Homeworld was great, Homeworld 2 was meh.

Why does anyone need the name? We're approaching 10 years since the sequel was released with apparently little interest. Just make the same type of game and name it something else. I am not sure Homeworld really needs a revival.

Especially since the story in Homeworld was utter, utter pants.

Creston

You shut your mouth!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWNV7FG0qBU

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 24, 2013, 05:55 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 02:59:
Here are the reported PS4 specs:

- System Memory: 8GB
- Video Memory: 2.2 GB
- CPU: 4x Dual-Core AMD64 "Bulldozer" (so, 8x cores)
- GPU: AMD R10xx
- Ports: 4x USB 3.0, 2x Ethernet
- Drive: Blu-Ray
- HDD: 160GB
- Audio Output: HDMI & Optical, 2.0, 5.1 & 7.1 channels

That would make a pretty nice high-end gaming rig, excepting the hard drive (really? Only 160GB?). I think it's smart to go with AMD for a couple of reasons. First, cost since they're cheaper. Second, AMD is good enough and you don't need the fastest proc for gaming. This spec includes 8GB of RAM, double the spec sheet we discussed a few days ago. Sony execs read Blues daily, so our voice was heard and the change was made!

This is also just the spec list for the dev kits. The actual hardware specs will probably be pretty different.

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
32. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 12:47 mag

netnerd85 wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 11:17:
I always find this funny, the whole "I'm not buying this game, you upset me because of XYZ"

When the tears dry, you will all go running in and buy the game. If not, you were never going to buy it anyway.

This is a game I would not have bought anyway, but there are actually a number of games that I actually would really like to have played that I passed on for various reasons (usually DRM).

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2013, 18:28 mag

Cutter wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 15:46:
No one likes meatloaf. It's always either too soggy or too dry, too much of one thing or not enough of it. I don't think I've ever met a meatloaf I've liked. Probably the closest was someone - this was forever ago - made mini-meatloafs in one of those mini-loaf pans and I seem to recall it wasn't bad.

Is this proof enough yet that Cutter wears the crazy pants around here?

News Comments > Chris Taylor on Wildman
10. Re: Chris Taylor on Wildman Jan 19, 2013, 22:10 mag

nin wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 21:03:
The layoffs weren't sudden and unexpected, but rather planned (to some degree) based on how long they needed to develop the prototype versus how much cash they had left.

Yeah, it just looks unprofessional. Like there wasn't proper planning. "Hey! We have a kickstarter! Whoops! We may need to cancel the kickstarter!"

They are considering canceling the kickstarter because it seems like it might not succeed. It's not getting the support they expected.

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Layoffs
50. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 19, 2013, 17:40 mag

Prez wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 17:29:
I didn't know Taylor sold off the rights to Supreme Commander. Who ended up with it? I never heard any of this.

I would assume Square Enix, since that's who published SC2.

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Layoffs
48. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 19, 2013, 17:03 mag

I hope their KS is successful. I really didn't like SupCom2, but SupCom 1 was one of my favorites, and I'd like to see them get another chance at making a good game.

But, don't think I'll be throwing my money in.

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jan 15, 2013, 00:46 mag

What age range do you think Duck Hunt and Hogan's Alley were targeted at?  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2013, 14:52 mag

Prez wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 14:14:
What the hell happened to Seattle? They were beat like red-headed stepchildren that first half.

Wow, I am going to be wrong on every one of my picks this week.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
10. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 11, 2013, 20:43 mag

"You're a bunch of ungrateful pirates!"  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2013, 12:02 mag

Broncos, Packers, Seahawks, Pats.  

News Comments > Razer Edge Tablet Unveiled
12. Re: Razer Edge Tablet Unveiled Jan 9, 2013, 05:54 mag

This thing is completely ridiculous looking.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2013, 18:18 mag

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 17:26:
Okay, yeah, the thing I just said is completely wrong, but people don't play FPS games on Nintendo hardware.

True.

2307 Comments. 116 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo