Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2203 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2012, 13:48 mag

Fiber (not FiOS) is offered across the street, in the place behind me, and the places both to the left and right of me. Waiting. Waiting...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: This Dec 15, 2012, 15:53 mag

TangledThorns wrote on Dec 15, 2012, 15:51:
I think there is more to this than guns. We're seeing a rash of young men in their 20s causing this violence and they all seem to have some sort of autism. They naturally lack empathy so are capable of these kinds of murder. Those in the mental health field need to research into this right away to try and prevent what triggers this.

Four million quatloos says that it's Internet message boards.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2012, 22:07 mag

Kosumo wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 21:34:
It's not about guns as such but about the level of weapon used in such attacks. A knife only leads to injures in that case.(or possible some deaths still), a 9mm pistol can easily kill half a dozen people.

Every day modern life requires knife for many every day task, I don't think modern life requires guns for every day task. (At lest I'd hope it does not in America - the 'greatest country on earth' I'm told)

Also, as to the NFL talk, I'm loving it and winning bets due to reading what you guys are picking, If it got the jarvo/crestron (such bad spelling) pick and the odds are right, I'm on it, manly the late Sunday (which is 2pmish here in NZ) games and the Monday Night games.

Won several hundred on the Bengils v Egales due to their picks, if they keep it up and I keep the winning up, there could be a few games gifted posted Superbowl

Won hundreds on the Bengals/Eagles?! Man. I need to move to NZ.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 14, 2012, 18:13 mag

Axis wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 14:47:
PHJF wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 14:28:
Obviously when robots take everyone's jobs then everyone's new job will be to make better robots to take THOSE robots' jobs. Obviously. And somebody is going to have to design the robots to go on Faux News shouting, "dey tuk er jerbs!"

Conservatives aren't afraid of anyone or anything taking their jobs. They are independent and do what they must to provide. They work because they don't make excuses for themselves.

Liberals on the other hand, well we know they'll be complaining. Add robots to their long list of things other than themselves that prevent them from holding a job!

Hahaha

47. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 14, 2012, 01:50 mag

Prez wrote on Dec 14, 2012, 00:49:
Kind of surprised to see people picking apart the logic in a Batman movie of all things. I always thought nerds just could accept "comic book logic". The whole premise of these superheroes from comics is utterly preposterous, but nonetheless most of us grew up loving them right into adulthood. I can see if your issue is with it being boring, but demanding logic in a movie about a dude who dresses up as a bat and flies around rooftops is just weird to me.

Well. This new trilogy has been praised for its dark, gritty, 'realistic', thoughtful, blah blah blah take on Batman. It lost me at the ridiculous end of the second. "What? Uh. Batman has to be blamed as the one that killed Dent? Because... why? Like... there aren't a million other nutjobs in Gotham to blame?"

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Interview
1. Re: BioShock Infinite Interview Dec 13, 2012, 16:28 mag

Okay, I haven't read yet, but I'm guessing that size-wise he's going to comment that 70% of Bioshock players never saw the whole game, so it's going to be about half the length. Going to read and then come back.

Edit: Alright, no real game-length discussions. But the script is way longer, so that can go either way. Weeee will see.

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2012, 16:49.

News Comments > November Steam Hardware & Software Survey
7. Re: November Steam Hardware & Software Survey Dec 13, 2012, 15:25 mag

Crustacean Soup wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 14:05:
Dev wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 10:51:
I wonder what composes the half a percent category termed "other" ? If its mostly linux flavors, or?

Other versions of OS X and server editions of Windows, maybe?

Win2k's a chunk, I'd bet.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 14:27 mag

Bengals (*cringe* This is a game that they should win, by all rights, which... kinda indicates that the Eagles might pull it off)

Saints, Texans, Broncos (the good money's on the Ravens really and honestly trying to break Manning's neck again, though), Packers, Falcons, Vikings, Redskins, Dolph Lundgren, Lions, Seahawks, ...Chargers?, Cowboys, Raiders, Pats, What the hell kind of a Monday night game is th--fine, Jets.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2012, 11:09 mag

We'll have 5/8/13 next year. So... That's something? And then 8/13/21.  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold
2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. License Sold Dec 12, 2012, 10:24 mag

John wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 10:21:
If it was such a success, why did GSC close?

One nice license isn't enough to keep a publisher afloat?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 11, 2012, 22:59 mag

How To Build A PC For Crysis 3

Wait until Crysis 3 comes out.

Buy mid-range parts.

Done!

News Comments > Free Metro 2033 on Steam
41. Re: Free Metro 2033 on Steam Dec 11, 2012, 17:21 mag

JayDeath wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 14:12:
It's a good game that was never properly optimized. I have a good gaming rig and I could not get this game to run smoothly, no matter what I tried. I got a few levels in and had to stop because of the constant stuttering. The game looks really pretty but plays like crap. This is why it's free. You were warned.

It took some fiddling, but I got it to run quite well when I played it a long while back. Radeon 6870 (1 GB), Phenom II x4 955, 8GB of ram.

It kinda sucks at the beginning, since your guns do fuck-all damage against the monsters, but once you get some good stuff it's quite awesome.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 17:00 mag

Optional nickname wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 11:59:
"to the people" that still play this insulting sequel bearing the name Diablo of Blizzards' goldenage era, deserve what they get to play this on the "console". anyways, whatever, this game is dead, Blizzard is resorting now to posting fake threads on it's own forums, to stimulate and poke dead people.

May I also ask this question, and I wonder why no one has posted this yet amongst the 400,000 thread titles over there... but , it should be stated:

DIABLO 3, does NOT reward Farmers. does anyone with a valid unbanned account ever wish to admit this?

What?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 11, 2012, 01:37 mag

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 01:00:
And he could just be deflecting to manufacture consent as well. I don't know and I honestly don't care.

Inman can be an ass, but Buzzfeed is the worst thing on the internet. I know whose side I'd be on.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 10, 2012, 21:45 mag

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 23:26:
Almost bought an 840 but found a new in box 830 for a similar price and heard they were better performing so I jumped on that. Really glad I avoided the 840 now. I thought dumb stuff like this was normally what you'd expect from OCZ SSDs, not Samsung.

No one has actually purchased an 840 that failed that way. It was pre-release firmware that had the bug. Only models sent to reviewers before release have the bug. Attempts to reproduce the bug on retail models have failed.

Edit: (Of course, as far as I've heard. People have tried and failed._

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2012, 02:29.

28. Re: Eddie Murphy Dec 10, 2012, 21:03 mag

PHJF wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 15:33:
CM Storm QuickFire TK (blue)

I would have gotten reds but blue was all Amazon had.

I just got a Gigabyte Osmium with reds--I had initially wanted a keyboard with browns. After using it for a while, despite really liking it, I think I would prefer something with browns. I can't train myself to back off before bottoming the keys out without some sort of feedback.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2012, 20:30 mag

Hahaha. I thought the crappy boxart was a big hoopla about nothing, but that reasoning is hilarious. He just flat out told all of you that he'd rather sell his game to people that don't care about games than to people that do care. HE SAID THOSE WORDS.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II Announcement
7. Re: Dark Souls II Announcement Dec 9, 2012, 20:22 mag

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 19:28:
Dark != scary...

Though the gaping dragon is kind of... nightmarish.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 9, 2012, 18:01 mag

Sepharo wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 16:56:
"Wikipedia is Deleting BBS Game History. Blue's News was deleted long ago."

Notability is hard to establish for purely internet topics and sites that are over a decade old. I suspect that it will just get harder too because often not only is the site in question long gone but so are any sites that would have documented its existence and notability.

The 'notability' thing is kind of ridiculous. Isn't preserving knowledge of the lesser known things kind of one of the most important things Wikipedia could be doing?

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2012, 16:44 mag

DAMMIT BENGALS. That game was yours! YOURS!  

2203 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo