Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2322 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 22, 2013, 15:56 mag

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 13:25:
NegaDeath wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 11:50:
A damn shame B5 might never make it to Blu-Ray.
I loved B5, but the "special effects" would look even worse on Blu-ray.

They had filmed it in widescreen and... on film, in anticipation of a widescreen HD release. And then I think some boneheaded thing or other destroyed the sources for the special effects, so now they can't be redone easily.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
4. Re: Gigabyte Aivia Osmium Mechanical Keyboard Feb 22, 2013, 15:02 mag

Fletch wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 13:38:
I have this keyboard and I frickin' love it.

I have this keyboard... and I'm actually pretty pissed off at it. The keys get stuck all the time, and it's common for them to double/triple/quadruple register in the lightest of taps.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 21, 2013, 22:27 mag

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 19:13:
PHJF wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 18:29:
So I guess PS4 news is drowning out nvidia Titan news.

Apparently, it sucks.

GeForce GTX Titan in most scenarios will be a slower than the GTX 690, roughly 15% to 20%. Realistically again I should be comparing towards GTX 680. However I really can't as the GTX 690 and Titan will be priced roughly the same. Now though the price might be fair, it will definitely be too much to swallow for most of you. On average you'll see 20% less performance then a GTX 690 versus the very same pricetag.

Great job, nvidia! All for only $1000?

Wow. So it is a PR and marketing scam? They are making it sound like the best thing ever....

My impression was that this was largely for computing purposes.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced
24. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced Feb 21, 2013, 17:52 mag

deqer wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 17:22:
MajorD wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 17:13:
deqer wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 16:37:
"Hey guys, we need to stay in business and keep making money. So, even tough LoG was just released, and some of you haven't even tried it yet--well, we don't care, and we're going to--regardless--shove another game down your throats this early in time, because it's all about us and staying in business even though that negatively affects you by the fact that we'd be shoving another game down your throats already."

"Creating a DLC would not have felt right." You mean, not have felt right to your business in the form of profits? Ahh, yes, that's what I thought you meant. Okay.

I'm confused by your post. You obviously have a different perspective on the game and/or the developer, but the game was released nearly a year ago for $14.99, and even less during a promotional launch. LoG II probably won't be release until the end of this year, or first part of next, so how is it they shoved either one down our throats?

I'm just curious, as maybe I'm missing something. HAH, wouldn't be the first time.

How is it you feel that the lifetime of a game should be only 2 years? Why should someone move onto LoG 2 just because your business needs to survive constantly? Not our problem the business needs to keep 10 people employed with salaries or whatever.

If LoG is so great, then it's the kind of game that goes for 10 years or more. ESPECIALLY SINCE A LEVEL EDITOR WAS RELEASED.

I MEAN, C'MON.

fucktards.

10/10. Awesome impression.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
47. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 21, 2013, 00:00 mag

SirKnight wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 23:45:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 20:14:
zombiefan wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 20:11:
8 cores, high-end GPU, cutting edge graphics....sounds like they're just describing what we already have on the PC.

Sounds like dev and porting should be a breeze. What needs to happen is all three platforms come up with a standardized OS for all. The PC would then be the console w k/m and user controlled upgrade path. The rumors look to be true, stating high-end GPU would be pushing it, it was very mediocre from what I recall.

Yeah, not a high end GPU at all. It's capable of ~1.8 TFLOPS. Which in NVIDIA land would be a 660. The 680 pushes 3TFLOPS, which IS high end. Too bad they didn't put a 680 in there. :/ So this means, yet AGAIN, it's already outdated to my PC long before it comes out.

But, at least we'll be getting PC games with graphics that actually use the current GPUs well...for a little while. Of course, this will once again change shortly as PC GPUs advance so fast.

Come on. Did you really expect them to stick a $500 video card in a $400 console?

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Feb 20, 2013, 23:57 mag

mag wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 23:51:
Nice. $16 for XCOM. First experience with GMG, had no problem with my BoA CC.

Hahaha, spoke too soon. Immediately had a fraud alert put on my account, and had to go verify the purchase.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Feb 20, 2013, 23:51 mag

Nice. $16 for XCOM. First experience with GMG, had no problem with my BoA CC.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Shown
44. Re: Battlefield 4 Shown Feb 20, 2013, 17:32 mag

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 15:56:
Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 15:54:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 15:51:
Eh it's not like he's wrong, you really don't see the majority constant stream of negative on say RPS that you do here.

Oh boy this again, it really adds to the discussion and we totally need to rehash it every day Alien

What discussion? It's a thread full of mostly hating for the sake of hating. A spade is still a spade.

Come on, man. Don't hate the posters; hate the game.

I really wanted to like BF3, actually. Gave them money and everything. Did not enjoy the product. Not going to touch BF4.

News Comments > etc.
21. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 16:00 mag

wtf_man wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 15:31:
mag wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 12:59:
Haha. Where have you guys been? Borders closed all of its stores two years ago. It's already gone. Completely.

Well it must have went out with a whimper, because I never saw any headlines about that.

It figures, though.

It was pretty big, actually, I thought. Huge liquidation sales, with prices dropping to Amazon's normal prices.

News Comments > etc.
13. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2013, 12:59 mag

nin wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:36:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:33:
nin wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 10:07:
I remember my trips to London (a decade or more ago), and hitting every HMV I could find, as well as the Tower (Piccadilly Circus, I think?). I swear to god, it seemed like there was a HMV about every block.

There was a Tower and Virgin stores in Vegas I'd always hit, too, but they're both gone...

Well... Barnes and Noble still sells CDs and Blu-Rays... but ridiculously expensive... can get the same Blu-Ray in a Walmart for $10 cheaper... and the CDs are still the same cost as 15 years ago??? Hah! (The only reason I'd get a CD is for ripping to MP3)

Also, with e-readers and tablets starting to sell e-books... I'm not sure how long Barnes and Noble, and Borders will be around. The Borders book store in my town, shut down 2 years ago. I have to drive 30 miles to get to Barnes and Noble, if I want a book right away. But otherwise I just order those online too.

Borders is gone here, too. We have two Barnes, but I'd be surprised if both are open in 5 years. But I don't really think of music when I go there (same as walmart), as its (at least here) just a small section of popular stuff (IE anything I'd be after they'd either have to order or never heard of).

So all my money goes to amazon.

Haha. Where have you guys been? Borders closed all of its stores two years ago. It's already gone. Completely.

Locally, we still have a few B&Ns spread around the city, but my favorite now (since Borders is gone) is Joseph-Beth. Similar in concept (large bookstore), but there're only a few of them out there, and just in Ohio and Kentucky.

News Comments > Son of Nor
2. Re: Son of Nor Feb 20, 2013, 05:07 mag

Neat! Looks to be fun for the right price.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 19, 2013, 15:58 mag

wtf_man wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 09:37:
Peter Molyneux: "Godus will turn you into a real God."

Peter Molyneux: "Godus will make you see colors you've never seen before."

15. Re: New asteroid detector? Feb 18, 2013, 15:16 mag

Armengar wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 11:13:
Why bother with an asteroid detector? It isnt like we can do anything useful about them. They either burn up or obliterate the earth. Pretty much the only options with our firepower.

For one like we just saw, you could warn people, "Hey. Stay away from windows."

For one a couple times bigger, you can say, "Take normal tornado precautions."

For the really enormous ones that we spot really early--we actually do have the technology to divert them, given ample lead time.

There's a wide gulf between planet killers and shooting stars that we can have people prepare for.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 16, 2013, 19:23 mag

Some (all?) states with sales taxes already 'require' you to pay sales tax for mail-order and Internet purchases when you file your taxes each year. So. Many of you are already supposed to be paying this tax. You're just skirting the law.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 16:03 mag

nin wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 13:24:
Ant wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 11:42:
mag wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 21:14:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 20:20:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 14:15:
I think you will find this statement to be completely incorrect. There is a lot of adult humour, sometimes very dark and naughty in there games.

bullshit

give an example

nintendo is for kids, always has been, always will - and their stubborn japanese pride thing aint doing them any favors either

All video games are for kids.
Modern Warfare games are for kids/children???

And GTA muthafucka!

Yes. MW and GTA are games for kids. Kids love that stuff.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 16, 2013, 16:01 mag

AMD wants to set the record straight on its future GPU strategy.

"We're totally releasing new cards this year! We're releasing a <$100 7xxx card, and we're releasing two 8xxx cards that are rebranded 7xxx cards."

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 16, 2013, 00:21 mag

"You want to play the games you already own on this thing?! Hahahahano. Pay again."  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 15, 2013, 21:14 mag

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 20:20:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 14:15:
I think you will find this statement to be completely incorrect. There is a lot of adult humour, sometimes very dark and naughty in there games.

bullshit

give an example

nintendo is for kids, always has been, always will - and their stubborn japanese pride thing aint doing them any favors either

All video games are for kids.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
24. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2013, 16:53 mag

Shooting them down will be likened to shooting a police officer.

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2013, 21:15.

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 14, 2013, 21:57 mag

Tumbler wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 20:56:
Oh joy, see those fucking "triggers". You SEE THOSE!?

I could give a fuck about everything else there but you're going to ship those weird rounded ball sack simulators again!? Are you fucking kidding me!?

Still better than the 360 ones!

2322 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo