Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2203 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Star Trek fan dies Jan 6, 2013, 18:34 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 15:03:
That was really cool of JJ Abrams.

I was about to snarkily say, "There is nothing cool about JJ Abrams," but then I saw the headline. Oh. Yeah. Pretty good of him.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Firefly Universe Online
18. Re: Firefly Universe Online Jan 6, 2013, 03:20 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 00:13:
John wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 00:07:
Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 23:53:
At least with the kickstarter, we'll finally settle the question of "How many fans did this show really have?" once and for all.

Creston
We'll see.. I was a really big fan of the show, but I do not like MMOGs so I wouldn't back it. There are probably many others in that same boat.

Yup. Same here. I'd love to play a Telltale serial or a Bioware RPG set in the firefly universe tho.

Ditto. I think I'd tear my hair out if it were a Bioware RPG, but I'm sure there's some company out there that still knows how to make them.

8. Weekly refrain Jan 5, 2013, 20:30 mag

Dammit Bengals!

God what an awful game. The defense played well, but the offense was absolute shit.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2013, 12:15 mag

Bengals, Packers, Colts, Seahawks.

Also, I may be going crazy, but I'm counting 13-3 for myself, last week.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 20:21 mag

SpeedFan version 4.47 is now available.

That's a weird one. This has been available for months.

News Comments > GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues
31. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 16:28 mag

pagb wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 16:11:
I hate Gog.com sales. I don't want a dozen games for 25$ or nothing, they never have single game offers for a big portion of their catalog.

Almost their entire catalog is 50% off right now, as individual purchases.

30. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 16:27 mag

Beamer wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 16:10:
The controller rests comfortably on your fingers when they're on the trigger, and in order to do so your fingers go over the top shoulder buttons. You can just nudge your finger to hit them. If you have to move your index finger to hit those, as you do on the PS3, you're holding it wrong.

It always confused me so much that PS3 games have the upper buttons as shoot, rather than the triggers. But the triggers feel so poorly designed, so...

The Apple defense. If I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly, that is a completely bizarre way to hold the controller for me. Diff'rent strokes.

The PS3 triggers do feel kinda mushy compared to the 360 ones.

This comment was edited on Jan 2, 2013, 16:33.

25. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 16:07 mag

Beamer wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 15:54:
mag wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 15:51:
Also: I have and use an xbox 360 controller on my PC. It's kind of a piece of shit. The actual thing feels sturdy, but the D-pad is the worst of any controller I've ever used, the buttons are mushy, and the analog sticks click.

The PS3 controller is much nicer, but you have to do a little fiddling to get games to recognize it as a 360 controller, sometimes.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. I hate the PS3 controller. Too light, sticks too close together, absolutely horrifically bad shoulder buttons, etc.

You're correct about the d-pad on the 360 being awful, but I rarely use it - only for selecting weapons and it does that fine (well, when going for cardinal directions. Starts getting worse if you're going 8 way.) The newer controller fixes this decently, for additional cost. No issue with me with the sticks, though, nor the buttons, and the shoulder buttons are infinitely better.

Man. The shoulder ones are what I hate the absolute most of the 360 controller. After the D-pad. I feel like I have to contort my hands to get at 'em.

24. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 16:04 mag

nin wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 15:53:
and the analog sticks click.

When you push down on them?

...no. Specifically, when I move them left. This is probably just a defect in mine, but it's annoying.

20. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 15:51 mag

Also: I have and use an xbox 360 controller on my PC. It's kind of a piece of shit. The actual thing feels sturdy, but the D-pad is the worst of any controller I've ever used, the buttons are mushy, and the analog sticks click.

The PS3 controller is much nicer, but you have to do a little fiddling to get games to recognize it as a 360 controller, sometimes.

(The D-pad is renowned for being the worst ever, but I think the other issues are probably just problems with mine)

6. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 14:32 mag

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 14:20:
Amazon Dark Souls = $18 plus you can use your $5 credit on it. I'll probably pass on it give how poor I've heard the port is. Anyone know if it's improved? Do you still have to use a gamepad?

Some games are just better with a gamepad. I'm a KB/M guy, but even if Dark Souls *were* an awesome port and supported KB/M well, it would be a bad experience with it. That's not what kind of control scheme the game was designed for, at its core.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2012, 15:30 mag

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 14:41:
Happy new year everyone Still 3 hours to go here but meh.. it can only get better...

My personal rule is to never drive 12hrs before or 36hrs after new year. ^^

Also I will never understand why people start their fancy rockets and fireworks before midnight. Do they not understand what you celebrate on new year? It's the, gasp, new year. So fireworks before new year.. are like.. totally absurdly wrong ,p

I don't celebrate the new year. I celebrate the nearing end of the old shitty year. The new one hasn't done anything worth celebrating yet.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 30, 2012, 13:16 mag

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 13:10:
FOOOOTTTBAAAAHHHHHH!

VIKINGS (we will not only beat the Crap Pack but AP will set the all time rush record for the season the spread is only 3.5 for GB I will update you from my seats. ;P), Bills, Saints, TB (no one is playing on ATL are they?), Bengals, Steelers, Texans, Texans, Giants, da Bears, Pats, Bolts, Broncos, Niners, Hawks, and a game that doesn't matter Cowgirls.

Big day for a lot of teams....

I don't know if the Texans will be allowed to win the Titans/Jags game.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Dec 30, 2012, 02:30 mag

jdreyer wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 02:28:
Jensen wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 02:02:
Resellers love giving specs that are meaningless. I notice it with monitors:

Dynamic contrast ratio
pixel response time (several ways to measure this)
viewing angles (measuring method worthless)
"HD" (all monitors are HD)

They rarely advertise specs that are important to me: lag, bit depth, panel type.
Panel type probably being the most important indicator of image quality, but it's almost never indicated.

If it's not indicated, then it's a TN panel. IPS always says so, PVA usually says so. Easy.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2012, 20:13 mag

Axis wrote on Dec 29, 2012, 19:58:
I guess if you are console-brained, messing with settings and tinkering with hardware may give you sad panda face.

For PC gamers, the majority PREFER to tweak to their tastes. We've seen it a million times before and if we wanted that guess what - we'd buy a console.

He's not saying anything 'wild, crazy new or otherwise', it's been said many times over the years... article to the trash bin.

I love messing with my hardware, but the commonality for PC gamers should be in... playing games on a PC, not in fighting with the machine. What he's saying is pretty obvious. Slap a label on a PC that says it can/can not play games, so that neophytes can get their toes wet.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2012, 19:31 mag

Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 29, 2012, 18:33:
Rigs wrote on Dec 29, 2012, 17:50:
CPU: Core i3/2.xghz (SandyBridge-2012)
RAM: 12gb DDR3/1600
Video: AMD Radeon 7770/2gb

How is that confusing?

Because Granny Smith/Mom Smith has no idea what the fuck any of that means when they are buying games for little Billy. In fact, the people who actually know the specifics of their machines are a very, very small margin in the worldwide computer ownership numbers. Most people will say "It has Windows" or "It's a Dell"...because all they know are name brands.

Ergo, this, and any, attempt at a technical standard will fall flat on its face.

What's faster, a Radeon 6950 or a Radeon 7770? What's faster, a GTX 680 or an Intel HD 4000? An i5 3750k or an i7 2600k? An i5 3570/3.4GHz or an AMD FX 8350/4.0GHz

Is DDR3/1066 faster than DDR2/800?

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 20:34 mag

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 20:23:
Still better than dubstep.

I saw that yesterday. Kid's skilled. Has talent and an ear for it. "Still better than dubstep" and "Hes ready for a life beating buckets for change on street corners" are so condescending. :/

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2012, 15:14 mag

Good riddance, TNF.

Ugh, the last week is always so damn hard. I'm too lazy to research the playoff picture to see what everyone is playing for, so we're just going to flail wildly.

Falcons, Bills, Bengals, Steelers, Bears, Titans, Giants, Saints, Colts, Packers, Seahawks, Patriots, Broncos, Chargers, 49ers, ...Redskins?

News Comments > Festivus Metaverse
6. Re: Time Warner Dec 25, 2012, 01:57 mag

Capitan wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 01:49:
Where in the world do you beat yourself on the chest with having a 15 Mbps cable connection? And you really wonder why they still upgrade these cable networks? It's like having "artificial respiration" on a technology from the 90's...?

And the normal price is $50/mo+equipment for that 15mbps.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 24, 2012, 13:39 mag

Creston wrote on Dec 24, 2012, 12:36:
I have no idea what's been going on with Christmas shopping this weekend. Twice this weekend I found myself going to the mall, and twice I was able to just drive there, park, get what I needed and leave without any traffic issues or the place being packed or whatever.

Did everyone shop early? On Saturday I figured I was going to be in for Hell when I had to be at the mall at 11 am...

Creston

On Saturday I stopped at a strip mall for lunch (with a huge parking lot and not a lot of Christmas-gift-y stores) and it took me 30 minutes to park. The interstate off-ramp were backed up for a couple miles, around one mall.

2203 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo