Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2344 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
34. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 12, 2013, 12:52 mag

Creston wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 10:55:
Oh, so NOW it's half-assed? Funny, when you'd just finished the port, you swore up and down it had been a great job, and all the half-assery was just because it was "impossible" to do more than 720p and 30fps.

So now you're saying you were just lying? Well, I'm more than inclined to believe your promises that the next one will be better then. Rolleyes

Also, wait until the next consoles are out, and this clown will immediately change his tune again.

Stop buying shitty ports, people.

Creston

Uh. They said even before release that it wasn't going to be very good, that they had a lot of difficulties because of their lack of experience with the PC. I don't recall them ever saying higher than 720p was impossible (that was definitely them being lazy), but I'd believe it about the 30fps.

The DSfix that increased the frame rate to 60fps changed how far you could jump and roll and made it likely that you would fall through the map. The frame rate was obviously tied pretty tightly to the game physics and collision detection.

It's a bad port. But it is still the best version of the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 11, 2013, 20:54 mag

Why Mark Zuckerberg cares about immigration reform.

Because foreigners are cheap, and he doesn't want to pay for US labor. Duh.

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
60. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 17:18 mag

Creston wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 16:32:
mag wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 15:00:
I am still suspicious of it, though. Because I know that one day (and it is likely quite a long way in the future), either Valve will sell it to Ubi/EA/Actiblizzard, they themselves will become worse than the publishers, or they'll just go out of business.

None of those have anywhere near the money to buy Steam. I think in order to get Valve to even listen you need to start coming up with at least 5 to 10 billion dollars. Really the only player big enough anymore to outright buy Steam would be Microsoft, and investing so heavily in a PC/Linux platform would be diametrically opposed to their entire (retarded) current business strategy. Also, Ubi and EA are investing in their own platform, so it makes no sense for them to buy Steam.

My biggest worry used to be fucking Gamestop buying Steam, but Steam has grown way too big.

And all of those games that I own license through Steam will become useless.

Not really. Download cracks for them and they'll still play absolutely fine. The only thing you'd really lose is the ability to download them, and the auto-patches.

I just keep an offline copy of all my games available, patched to the latest/almost latest version, just for such a scenario.

But I don't think it's really all that likely anymore. Steam is so succesful that it'd be crazy for anyone to buy it and then immediately kill it off. It'd literally be more worthwhile to just take a billion dollars and set it on fire.

Creston

It's just the progression of things. Gabe is 50. Eventually he's not going to want to do this stuff anymore, and he's going to want to get out. Same for the others with ownership stake. Either Valve will be sold wholesale, or it'll go public and eventually turn into your typical corporate structure.

Once it goes public, or becomes owned by a public company, it will go to shit. I really think it would be absolutely impossible for the leadership at Valve to change without causing fundamental damage to the way the company functions.

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
39. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 15:00 mag

Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 10:04:
Techie714 wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 09:54:
I'm so done with people bitching about Steam, it's my opinion you're not even a serious gamer if you don't have Steam. Considering like 80-90% of all games released are on Steam. Steam has pretty much been the standard now for many years.

Exactly. And seeing as you can play offline I don't see what the problem is. Honestly, I think the people who hate Steam are those ultra-paranoid conspiracy kooks. I'm grateful Steam exists. It makes things easy and cheap. Anyway, even though I'm not happy with the stylized look of the mobs I'm hoping the rest of the gameplay makes up for it.

I use Steam, have many games through Steam, etc. etc.

I am still suspicious of it, though. Because I know that one day (and it is likely quite a long way in the future), either Valve will sell it to Ubi/EA/Actiblizzard, they themselves will become worse than the publishers, or they'll just go out of business.

And all of those games that I own license through Steam will become useless.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2013, 13:55 mag

I love the cicada emergences. We get our next one next year. They are the dumbest, clumsiest insects out there. Can not fly straight, and if they bump something flop onto their backs and can't get back up. Birds swoop through the clouds, feasting like kings. And the non locals scream and run from the utterly-harmless, completely stupid bugs. It's amazing.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Newscorp eh? Apr 8, 2013, 16:04 mag

Bard wrote on Apr 8, 2013, 15:39:
In other words, they want to fill Hulu with propaganda news flashes.

Rupert Murdoch is the foremost propagandist of modern times, Goebbels had NOTHING on him.

Hulu is already (jointly) owned by News Corp. Peter Chernin is the man that is bidding $500M, not Murdoch.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2013, 23:05 mag

Overon wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 21:59:
*Minor spoiler* The gist of the plot is what is called "the many world interpretation of quantum mechanics." It's not exactly fantasy rubbish. Additionally there is meaning in almost everything in the game which supports the plot and this is what sets it apart from other games.

The MWI is totally fantasy rubbish. It doesn't deserve to be taught as physics.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2013, 17:31 mag

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 16:43:
mag wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 16:30:
Brilliant. I'm going to tell them I'm recording them too.

Too lazy to hunt it down, but there's a video of a guy on youtube using this to dodge debt collectors. They call to bug him for money, and he says at the beginning that he's recording, and they just hang up.

In MN you can't record unless you tell them. Weird.

My state just requires one party to give consent. I can understand both sides, not sure which I prefer.

1. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2013, 16:30 mag

Brilliant. I'm going to tell them I'm recording them too.

Too lazy to hunt it down, but there's a video of a guy on youtube using this to dodge debt collectors. They call to bug him for money, and he says at the beginning that he's recording, and they just hang up.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 6, 2013, 02:18 mag

Microsoft: "It is not our policy to state the truth that plainly. We apologize for giving you the correct impression."

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2013, 16:30.

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
37. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 16:19 mag

saluk wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 15:59:
Disney: can we get some of the old LA classics on gog now - where they belong?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

News Comments > Activision and Square Enix Job Losses
3. Re: Activision and Square Enix Job Losses Apr 2, 2013, 23:29 mag

Raven wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 22:48:
Nice to see that Square Enix can JOKE about making a new game yesterday, only to announce real layoffs today.

They're making a new Deus Ex game. Chillax.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2013, 05:47.

News Comments > April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 1
5. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 1 Apr 1, 2013, 08:58 mag

Amplitude announces Endless Space: Wings of Freedom for Neo Geo X.

I would play the shit out of that.

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game - Shatner vs. Gorn Trailer
11. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game - Shatner vs. Gorn Trailer Mar 30, 2013, 10:58 mag

wtf_man wrote on Mar 30, 2013, 10:09:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 21:04:
lol, love it!

and I'm still going to buy the game

If it wasn't shoulder cam... I'd consider it... but I can't do shoulder cam games.

Shoulder cams are a pox on gaming. I can't do them either.

News Comments > Game Reviews
27. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 13:54 mag

Too lazy to sift through fifty reviews. What do people have to say about the scripting? The gameplay trailers they showed made it seem almost as on-rails as something like Panzer Dragoon. Hopefully it's not actually like that.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 25, 2013, 00:45 mag

PHJF wrote on Mar 24, 2013, 21:57:
I can't go back to this... it's just too painful.

I was having another go at it a few weeks ago. Made good progress up to blight town...

...and promptly stopped playing again.

If you really really hate Blighttown, you can do it in ten minutes and never go back. Well, if you start with the Master Key.

Go down to the New Londo ruins from Firelink, then take the elevator up to the Valley of the Drakes. This is where you need the key. From Valley of the Drakes there's a back way into Blighttown. It's relatively simple to follow these platforms down to the bottom--just follow the torches to the ladders. At the bottom of this, hang a left and follow the wall to get to the swamp bonfire. The boss is a quick sprint through the swamp from here.

If you don't want to fight them, you can avoid the rock throwers by running to the very far right of the swamp *then* crossing over to the big webbed up place. You can get to the boss without fighting anything but the little fire breathing bug things. Summon someone, and Quelaag is cake.

If walking slowly through the swamp is the thing you hate most, you can get the Rusted Iron Ring. Lets you move normally through the swamp and tar areas of the game.

Edit: Actually. You don't even need the master key. You can get to the Valley of the Drakes through Darkroot Basin, and then you can just sprint past the drakes. Easy to avoid.

5. Re: RE: Follow up Mar 23, 2013, 16:09 mag

Axis wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 15:21:
And yet his democrat party is going balls to the wall for an internet sales tax. Some republicans too, but democrats back it 49 to 5.

Hypocrites United

Guess that will make every internet company wanna stay in the US...

Oh and see that Cyprus thing? Does it tell people to work hard and save money, or blow what you get on stupid shit and keep suckling the gov't teet?

Ya, a liberal world indeed...

It allows states to collect taxes from Internet retailers out of state, when made by people in their state. In most states, you are already supposed to be paying these taxes anyway, when you file your income tax.

It'll be a pain in the ass for the retailers to keep track of all of the different tax rates, but it's only for those that do more than $1M in sales annually.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Same issue Mar 23, 2013, 15:40 mag

PHJF wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 15:32:
50% of the time I try watching a youtube video it loads 10% and just stops.

Same.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2013, 05:23 mag

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:15:
I still want DS but can't justify paying more than $5 for it given it's supposedly such a shitty port.
It's not that bad. It is the best version of the game. Flat out. It performs the best and has the best graphics, especially if you get the DSfix mod.

They didn't add any PC-specific features, but they did include the new content and priced the game low to start.

I guess I did have it crash once on start-up, but that was GFWL shitting itself.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 21, 2013, 22:46 mag

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 22:32:
Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 22:03:
Twitter, another company contributing the destruction of the English language. Fuck them and their fucking hashtag BS.

Amen, brother!

Sometimes the Cutter hate-beam gets pointed in the right direction!

2344 Comments. 118 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo