Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2397 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 19, 2013, 22:35 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 22:20:
I'll finally be able to play that game of holographic chess! Now I just need to find a Wookie who will play against me...

I know, right? I'm tired of having arms, too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 19, 2013, 17:45 mag

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 16:41:
Unfuck.exe xbone /s

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-removing-xbox-one-drm-514390310

edit: As of right now, I'm still keeping the PS4 preorder. I don't trust these fucks...

I mean, I lean towards a PS4 too, but do you actually trust Sony??

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
3. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 17:04 mag

Holy damn. I don't know if I've ever seen such fast and dramatic capitulation to consumer demands from MS.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
6. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 18, 2013, 00:13 mag

shihonage wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 23:55:
Edward Snowden is showing himself to be rather weak-minded and easily provoked. This in addition to his actions making no sense (leaving beautiful girlfriend, fleeing to CHINA of all places).

CHINA. The bastion of freedom in the world. Seriously.

Perhaps, being badmouthed by an idiot like Edward Snowden means you're doing something right.

Protecting beautiful girlfriend by being nowhere near her when this goes down. Going to Hong Kong, which has a large amount of autonomy from China, and is strongly dedicated to free speech, and has an extradition exception for political crimes.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
51. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 05:16 mag

Slashman wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 03:48:
mag wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 01:58:
You're talking to the guys that think they're just complimenting women when they yell "SHOW US YOUR TITS" and "WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME" when they meet them in a game. Or see them on youtube. Or pretty much anywhere that doesn't require them to actually talk to girls face-to-face. I think this is going to be lost on them.

Stereotype much?

Seriously. Why is it that people can't make a point or counterpoint without this immature 'You live in your mom's basement so no wonder you'd think that' crap?

I don't think the issue is as widespread and all-encompassing as some people make it out to be. Personally I don't think booth babes add much to E3. The women who do it don't really care about gaming. They care about getting paid. It's kind of a relic from the past that game companies hold onto because it's familiar I guess.

That said, I still don't buy into there being all these untold millions of female gamers just itching to get into the industry and play the same sorts of games traditionally played by males, only all the sexism is preventing them from doing so.

Considering that I've spent years fixing PCs and all the ones I've fixed for countless males and females alike, I can't name the last time I found anything resembling a hardcore RTS, shooter or RPG on a PC owned by a female. I've found plenty of Sims installations. I've found plenty of pointless casual games like Luxor, Bejeweled and Bubble Witch. But pretty much nothing in the realms of games that guys usually play.

So I guess my question is: Where are all the droves of gaming females we're offending in this industry?

Have you really never been playing TF2 or something and had the pleasure of listening to the way the guys act on voice chat as soon as they hear a female voice? Same in every other game too. Even if it's just a girly Steam userpic or username or whatever the hell.

I will totally buy that most of the ladies really just aren't into shooters and whatnot. But if you witness what happens to the ones that are into them? Holy shit. I would not doubt that the 'community' scares the vast majority of them either away from it entirely, or into hiding.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
8. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jun 17, 2013, 03:29 mag

I periodically try to switch to DDG, but it just doesn't work nearly as well for so many of the searches that I make that it's tough to make stick.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
45. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 17, 2013, 01:58 mag

Jerykk wrote on Jun 17, 2013, 01:53:
I'm not politically correct by any means but denying that there's any sexism in the games industry seems to ignore reality. We've all seen what happens when a semi-attractive woman plays a prominent role in a game's marketing (Jade Raymond with Assassin's Creed). We've all heard what happens when a female gamer uses voice chat in a multiplayer game. We've all seen the role that women play at gaming conventions. We've all seen the ridiculously sexualized outfits women wear in games (Asian games are particularly egregious in this regard). Hell, take a look at the box art for the premium edition of Killer Is Dead, a game which has minigames where you're rewarded for staring at a woman's breasts and crotch: Killer Is Dead back cover art. Even a journalist can stir up controversy by simply being a semi-attractive female (RPS).

If you really think that none of this deters women from becoming gamers or joining the gaming industry, you're just being dense. If you don't care about the issue, that's fine. I'm apathetic about many things as well. But you can't deny that the issue exists.

You're talking to the guys that think they're just complimenting women when they yell "SHOW US YOUR TITS" and "WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME" when they meet them in a game. Or see them on youtube. Or pretty much anywhere that doesn't require them to actually talk to girls face-to-face. I think this is going to be lost on them.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
40. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 15, 2013, 04:10 mag

Jackplug wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 03:23:
68 for a game that has been kickstarted, some community spirit by trying to screw a very big amount for a early access..Fuck ooofff!!

Let's repeat it again. Early access was a reward to kickstarters for chipping in more than a minimum. Now they want to open early access up to more people, but it would be incredibly dickish of them to offer it for cheaper than what people already paid for it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 14, 2013, 21:00 mag

eunichron wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 19:20:
A bunch of stuff

Damn, how did I not even notice the obvious--that guns are not registered at all. Gah. Thanks for dropping some knowledge.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 14, 2013, 20:58 mag

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 17:13:
Sure does seem funny for a 'patriot' to end up in Hong Kong, which just happens to be a protectorate of China I believe.

Just sayin.

Well, y'know. When the US government wants to put patriots in jail, and would strongarm most other countries into complying...

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha
4. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 14, 2013, 20:56 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 20:53:
deqer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 20:47:
Whoever pays/defends this, is not my friend. Sorry, I just don't want to be your friend anymore.

I understand the sticker shock, but since this was a KS reward tier, they have to offer it at this price or else undermine future Kickstarters. It is very unusual, since usually beta access is offered at a discount or regular shipping price. This game will be probably $30 on Steam at launch, so if you don't like the price wait until then.

Seriously. Early access is a perk for contributing more, just like for a ton of other kickstarters. The full game was the $20 reward or whatever, so just wait.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 14, 2013, 15:55 mag

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:19:
The NSA leaker has a higher approval rating than Obama, it seems.

Creston

That would be gratifying, but Obama's approval rating is close to 50%. The leaker does have a lower disapproval rating, though, so that's something.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 14, 2013, 15:52 mag

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 14:18:
There is no need to make a new law for that. ANY unregistered gun is illegal, it doesn't matter where it was manufactured or HOW it was manufactured. This is why a redneck who builds his own gun and doesn't register it still breaks the law. So this new law is utterly pointless.

I believe it is legal to make a gun for yourself, and that gun does not need to be registered. It's when you begin selling them that it's a problem.

There was an article about it a few days ago, but a two-second Google didn't pull it up and I lost interest.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jun 13, 2013, 19:00 mag

Cutter wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 15:58:
Can't see the article as a big pop up comes up telling you you have to sub to read it.

Anyway, why would the NSA being hacking China when their mandate is domestic. Shouldn't that be the purview of the CIA?
http://www.nsa.gov/about/mission/index.shtml

News Comments > DNF Royalties Lawsuit
4. Re: DNF Royalties Lawsuit Jun 13, 2013, 16:53 mag

I... really doubt that there are $2M in royalties even possible out of DNF.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Last Guardian Jun 13, 2013, 09:53 mag

Noooooo  

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 15:01 mag

Panickd wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 14:44:
Not sure whatever happened to the whole idea of Free Speech. You know, "I don't support what you say but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it!"? Remember? So important that they made it number 1 on the bill of rights in a country where everyone loves their gun but guns got second billing!

People really need to stop believing that they have the God given right to not be offended. You don't. In fact the whole idea of free speech inherently means that you probably will be offended quite regularly. And the anonymity of the Internet assures that.

Do you see the government coming down on these people? Where is their freedom of speech being limited?

You have the right to freedom of speech. And everyone else has the right to call you out on it. And companies have the right to not provide a platform for you to say it.

News Comments > Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut Coming to PCs
16. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut Coming to PCs Jun 12, 2013, 14:51 mag

Panickd wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 14:38:
That must be what sparked DE:HR as a freebie on the PS+ games list. How is this supposed to be different from a GOTY edition?

As said above,

"Modified boss fights, New Game + mode, and 8 hours of dev commentary, if all the features make it over. Oh, and Missing Link merged into the main game, and not it's own exe."

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
9. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 12, 2013, 00:01 mag

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 19:38:
Creston wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 17:56:
ALIENWARE DEVELOPS MOST POWERFUL GAMING LAPTOPS IN THE MULTIVERSE
Stephen Hawking Likes this.

Creston

Our Stephen Hawking or the cyborg goatee'd version from the evil alternate dimension in the multiverse?

Man I hope there is a Cyborg Hawking somewhere. Can you imagine how much more he'd be able to do if he had a functioning body?

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding
10. Re: Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding Jun 11, 2013, 12:52 mag

Bludd wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 12:48:
Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:48:
I still say people are going to get burned on this somehow.
Yeah, you would say that.

I kicked in for a bunch of starters, but something about this one felt sketchy to me too. I'm scared saying this, but I agree with Cutter.

2397 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo