Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2420 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 27, 2013, 18:08 mag

WyldKat wrote on Jul 27, 2013, 15:51:
Underwear bombs undetectable by dogs or TSA equipment? Full nude searches for everyone!

Yeeeeah, kinda skeptical of this article. Pretty sure the TSA wouldn't come out and say, "Oooh, no, we can't detect these things at *all*," if it were actually true.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 24, 2013, 00:31 mag

Axis wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 20:59:
Kids Who Grow Up Using iPads Have Restricted Vocabularies. You think?

Been saying this for years, but vocabulary is not the real problem. The real problem is many have severely deficient interpersonal skills.

I know a few Blues peeps who would very likely fall in that category. :O

Argh, that whole article was so ridiculous I can't even formulate a coherent response. So let me just throw out there:

BOOKS. Fucking BOOKS. Do they say the same thing about BOOKS, where you only see words, vs. the TV where they *hear* them? No. The OPPOSITE argument is made. Just because it's new technology does not mean it's evil.

Christ. If you have a personal store of esoteric vocabulary, where did you pick it up? From people speaking, or from reading?

News Comments > Capcom Announcing 13 New Games Next Week
5. Re: Capcom Announcing 13 New Games Next Week Jul 23, 2013, 15:25 mag

Okami 2, dammit! For the PS3 or PS4!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2013, 13:13 mag

Quboid wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 12:20:
XKCD's mouse over text sums up Fight Club pretty well IMHO. I was blown away by the slick style and vaguely Anonymous style anarchy. Now, it seems rather silly and has plot holes large enough to host underground boxing matches in.

I haven't seen it recently, 2 questions about the ending (spoilers):
1. Didn't Jack and Marla die? They're in the building which I assume Jack and Tyler just fought in and it appeared that Tyler kept the bomb going. I thought they went up with everything else.

2. How does Tyler die? Jack shoots himself, but how does that kill Tyler? Surely for Tyler to die, Jack would have to honestly believe that he's shooting Tyler to death. Why would blowing off half his head make Tyler die? That would only work if Jack believes that Tyler lived in that bit of his head, which doesn't make sense. If Jack could beat Tyler with willpower, he wouldn't have needed the gun at all.

3. Not to do with the ending, but how the fuck did the fights, the first one or two in particular, work? Didn't the first recruit get a bit freaked out when he fought Tyler and then fought Jack, without Tyler/Jack acknowledging that it's the same person? Wouldn't the first and second recruits have a quick chat and realise that this guy's a whacko?

It was great when I was a teenager...

It's a sequel to the book. The book is quite different from the movie.

News Comments > Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited
14. Re: Battlezone, Star Control & More Atari IP Sold: Chris Taylor and Total Annihilation Reunited Jul 22, 2013, 13:01 mag

Topevoli wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 12:28:
I totally annihilated my underwear when I heard this news.

KS wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 10:02:
If they make a new Total Annihilation (which is still the second best RTS ever after Sacrifice, which also curiously never had a sequel) please stay away from the modern tendency towards hero units.

While the commander is just such a thing, in modern games they are used as squad leaders with artificially restricted total numbers of units. TA battles are glorious ones of up to 200 at a time and the commander usually stays well back.

Well, TA did have veteran units (which counted kills), which I think became slightly more accurate. Such a great idea that I haven't seen implemented well since (CoH has vets, but there was nothing like having Big Bertha with 200 kills to its name.)

Usually the commander stays back... Usually. Don't forget about the dreaded Commander Transport rush on game settings where you had to destroy all units, not just the commander. The Commander's blew up nuclear style, so a well timed dropping of your commander in their base 2-3 minutes into the skirmish would totally destroy it.

So many fond memories of Cavedog, weekly new units, Mplayer and Kaili... Planetary Annihilation will probably be great, but I want some Arm vs Core action!

Veteran status was way more awesome (and ridiculous) in TA than in Supreme Commander. Since the units aimed faster and fired with more accuracy, and all units could fire at all other units, you could have veteran kbots that could shoot down planes.

I was playing a match against someone once that kept throwing hundreds and hundreds of T1 units against my (largely) T2 forces. I had a guardian(?), the T1 artillery piece for ARM, with so many kills that it could swivel and fire fast enough to shoot the fastest aircraft right out of the sky.

News Comments > Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced
30. Re: Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced Jul 21, 2013, 03:16 mag

dumpy wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 01:10:
While they have done games that could be described as 'bad' in many different ways, they have also done some pretty good games. Rather than writing them off, I would urge people to be critically analytical =)

For the record, I most definitely do not like Randy Pitchford.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/games

Kind of a big pile of dull. And I guess people really like Borderlands, but it's not my kind of thing.

Funny to see Samba de Amigo in that list, though.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jul 20, 2013, 18:35 mag

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 12:56:
Cutter wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 20:16:
Secret court rubberstamps Big Brother's continued shredding of the Constitution. Anyone still think America is a democracy anymore?

We're a republic, not a democracy in the first place. And no. Mr transparent has been everything but so far.

Democracy has more meanings than "direct democracy." A democratic republic is a type of representative democracy.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 18, 2013, 00:20 mag

Cutter wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 21:18:
$15 for some cosmetic armour. Lol Actiblizz!

Trying to get in on some of that sweet sweet hat money.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 17, 2013, 14:39 mag

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 13:13:
Bodolza wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 12:47:
Let's not forget Ashcroft, who was so bad he was actually rebuked by the FISA court.

Though it's funny that all the liberals back then who had issues with the patriot act all sound like crickets now that it's been continued under a liberal administration. Go figure.

NO. I am vocally angry about the patriot act, the abuse of the FISA court, and all of the rest of this shit, and so are most of the lefties I know.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Hardcore iOS Jul 17, 2013, 14:37 mag

Quboid wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 13:00:
Which is more likely, he says that smartphones will become hardcore platforms because he writes games for them, or he writes games for them because he believes this is the future? I think the later, or rather both.

That doesn't mean he's right. His central claim is that platforms like the PC have gone from casual to hardcore and his evidence for this is incredibly selective.

I don't think he understands the word hardcore, or the history of PC gaming, or anything.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 17, 2013, 10:49 mag

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 08:18:
I'm still trying to figure out why Holder hasn't been brought up on charges yet. Possibly the worse AG this country has ever had.

There's no doubt he's pretty bad, but we have had some awful AGs. Alberto Gonzales??

News Comments > Divinity: Dragon Commander Multiplayer Video
3. Re: Divinity: Dragon Commander Multiplayer Video Jul 16, 2013, 02:35 mag

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 23:03:
Saboth wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 22:42:
I don't care about multiplayer or competitive gaming, but I am looking forward to this one.

Yeah I REALLY hope the SP is not this twitchy...

I was kinda interested until I looked at this video. D:

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
31. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 16:27 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 13:47:
Graham wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 13:06:
Creston wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 11:22:
BackscrabbleSoft

Please stop. It's not even remotely witty and detracts from your otherwise valid argument.

I disagree. The arachnoid/crustacean-like imagery is an effective use of metaphor to describe Microsoft's behavior with this product. They are scuttling back to safety after overplaying their hand and being challenged. It's quite apt.

Wooop woop woop woop!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 19:23 mag

Cutter wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 14:09:
There's a cheap solution for the dishwasher problem, do them by hand. I've never had a dishwasher. I really don't understand the need for one unless you've got maybe 4+ people in your household.

I grew up with a dishwasher, but I haven't had one for the past... I dunno. Six years? I miss having one, every day.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2013, 17:38 mag

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 9, 2013, 14:38:
That site is INCREDIBLY inaccurate, as you should expect from any site that tries to estimate total playtime. It says you should beat Skyrim in 31 hours, and GTA: San Andreas in 34, for fuck's sake! Averaging Steam users' playtime would be a much better metric to go by, than some third-party willy.

I have dozens upon dozens of games it says it couldn't find a number for, and so plugs in some bizarre "average time" of 10.84 hrs for a "main story" and 24.84 hrs for "completion" on every single one... That list includes Civilization IV and V, both of which I've played for hundreds of hours (so far), so how many other games would probably be more than 11/25 hours?

Overall pretty worthless except as another arbitrary metric to compare with others, like all of those "how much is my Steam library worth" or even "how many games haven't I played" measures.

It's a measure of how long it takes to beat the game, not how long can you spend running over pedestrians with no real purpose. Skyrim, GTA, and the Civs can easily be beaten in those amounts of time, with plenty of time for just screwing around.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 7, 2013, 18:04 mag

PHJF wrote on Jul 7, 2013, 17:03:
If one of them were your kids they'd already have broken all contact with you and be like 30 years old.

Seriously. Old Man Cutter strikes again.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Video
8. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailer Jul 5, 2013, 02:26 mag

NeOCidE wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 16:51:
LgFriess wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 12:53:
I remember when I use to say that about Blizzard. How times have changed.

Funny that, I feel exactly the same way about Bioware, then EA got it's greedy little claws out.

When someone sells their private studio to EA/Bethesda/whomever, it means they don't really want to make games anymore. Bioware was already on a slide.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII
28. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII Jul 5, 2013, 02:05 mag

This game was hideous even when it was new. "Hasn't aged well" is a huge understatement.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
59. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 4, 2013, 02:19 mag

Hm hm, haven't been to BN in a while, let's see what's happen--what the crap is happening in this thread?  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Ten
2. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Nine Jun 21, 2013, 04:26 mag

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 22:51:
5 gender moments. Oh lordy, you'd think it was him who got raped in the prison showers or something and was really upset because he didn't get a reacharound.
Yeah, how dare the person with the venue and audience relay anecdotes from people that don't.

2420 Comments. 121 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo