Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2322 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 16, 2013, 01:45 mag

how is headd fromed?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews May 15, 2013, 12:10 mag

nin wrote on May 15, 2013, 08:23:
mag wrote on May 15, 2013, 01:03:
jimnms wrote on May 14, 2013, 23:49:
I got the Metro: 2033 free with a video card. I loved it, and was close to pre-ordering this one. Then I looked at my Steam page and saw that I finished it in 17 hours. I looked at the friends view that shows your friends time and notice no one else had more than 17 hours on it either. Even with GMG's 25% off I didn't think it was worth it for a < 20 hour game, so I'll wait for it to hit ~$10.

FWIW, I'm 95% positive Steam doesn't accurately keep track of time spent in Metro 2033. I spent a couple hours and it said 30 mins, when I first got it.

I always thought it rounded down to an hour (ie you didn't get any credit until you completed a full hour), but that was just a guess...

I have no idea how it does it, really. But I've got a few games that I know I've spent ~20 hours on, and Steam reports like... 5.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation May 15, 2013, 12:09 mag

Xbox 720 job ads point to X86 processing, PC architecture.

Isn't this already known? Like, 100%, no doubt, duh-duh-duh known? I thought the AMD CPU/GPU thing had been confirmed.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light HUD "Fix" Inbound
25. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 12:06 mag

Frijoles wrote on May 15, 2013, 11:58:
Darks wrote on May 15, 2013, 10:33:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sick and tired of 3D as a whole. They have ruined movies with this crap, you cant even go to the theaters and watch a good movie in Imax anymore without it being in 3D. And the 3D is not even that good.

Wrong 3D. They're not talking about actual 3D (like with Nvidia glasses). The UI is modeled in the game, not a flat 2D interface like most games have. They specifically give us an example:

The main reason for maintaining a fixed FOV is because we have 3D elements like the watch and weapon ammo that need to remain visible.

These are actual models in the game. Why they couldn't get that to work with an adjustable FOV, I don't know. But this has nothing to do with playing the game in 3D. The biggest bug I see in the game right now is that the shadows are flickery as hell.

This really confused me. I haven't played Metro 2033 in a while, but wasn't it the same way?

News Comments > Game Reviews
16. Re: Game Reviews May 15, 2013, 01:03 mag

jimnms wrote on May 14, 2013, 23:49:
I got the Metro: 2033 free with a video card. I loved it, and was close to pre-ordering this one. Then I looked at my Steam page and saw that I finished it in 17 hours. I looked at the friends view that shows your friends time and notice no one else had more than 17 hours on it either. Even with GMG's 25% off I didn't think it was worth it for a < 20 hour game, so I'll wait for it to hit ~$10.

FWIW, I'm 95% positive Steam doesn't accurately keep track of time spent in Metro 2033. I spent a couple hours and it said 30 mins, when I first got it.

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
52. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 13:23 mag

Jerykk wrote on May 14, 2013, 12:29:
mag wrote on May 14, 2013, 02:29:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 14, 2013, 01:33:
19 purchases 0 issues

(also i fixed my GMG store checkout issues, was on my end.. bah)

I've only made one GMG purchase, and it went through and all, but my CC company did contact me very quickly about a potentially fraudulent use of my card. And they've never said a word about what on paper would seem sketchy uses (various other international purchases online, purchases in other countries with no warning or other connection). So I'm not sure what makes GMG seem so sketchy to banks.

I think they assume that any site with "gaming" in it is related to gambling. GMG is also based in the UK. If you've never bought anything from the UK before, it's not surprising that banks would consider it suspicious.

I hadn't thought about the potential connection to gambling. That seems quite possible.

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
36. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 02:29 mag

eRe4s3r wrote on May 14, 2013, 01:33:
19 purchases 0 issues

(also i fixed my GMG store checkout issues, was on my end.. bah)

I've only made one GMG purchase, and it went through and all, but my CC company did contact me very quickly about a potentially fraudulent use of my card. And they've never said a word about what on paper would seem sketchy uses (various other international purchases online, purchases in other countries with no warning or other connection). So I'm not sure what makes GMG seem so sketchy to banks.

31. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 14, 2013, 00:57 mag

Frijoles wrote on May 14, 2013, 00:48:
So I just fired it up, and the game is lagging like a mother fucker. Anyone else having that issue? I'm on an AMD 7900 (something or other). Turning is just a stuttering mess. Feels blurry also, but I can't be certain.

And yeah, the FOV is making me ill. I doubt I can play this much until ti's fixed. Kinda disappointing. I preordered it since the previous one was so awesome. Didn't think they'd fuck it up. The intro movie has me interested.

Ranger mode has two modes under it (regular Ranger and Hardcore). Hardcore turns off all UI elements and makes things harder. Regular Ranger mode eliminates some of the UI and makes things harder as well, just not as hard as the other. One nice little feature of the UI, the dude's watch has local time on it (either that or I just happened to fire it up at the same exact time Steam was showing). I thought that was cool. Can't play though with it stuttering so much.

If it's anything like the first one: Disabling vsync in the game will help a ton with the lagging and stuttering. If you need to have it enabled, do it with the CCC or RadeonPro or what have you.

3. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 20:50 mag

Yeah. There we go from hotly-anticipated to never-buy, unless the FOV gets fixed.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
14. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 13, 2013, 18:36 mag

Prez wrote on May 13, 2013, 03:53:
JeffD wrote on May 13, 2013, 02:17:
really? audio latency? Who made this up? No lie, it is a pet peave of mine to notice if there is anything wrong with movie playback. Bad aspect ratios, banding, desynchs, I HATE it. I never goto the movies because theaters always screw something up. An audio delay of any kind in my movies or games I have not noticed. I think someone made it up and a bunch of yes men agreed. -_-

As mentioned, it is only an issue with audio recording. I use my PC to record my guitar, drums, and bass. Often, without futzing with the audio settings latency between the time you strike a chord or a drum and when the computer registers it and plays it can be VERY distracting. Macs have near zero latency, PC's generally have much higher.

It's a driver issue. When Anandtech benchmarks motherboards, that latency is one thing they test for. There is a wide spread of performance.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 12, 2013, 00:15 mag

DangerDog wrote on May 11, 2013, 22:05:
39.6% capital gains tax plus that 3.8% medicare tax on income above $200,000.

/thanks obama

Cry

Edit: Wait. Not sure. Maybe this one? Crying

This comment was edited on May 12, 2013, 00:29.

News Comments > On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution
5. Re: On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution May 11, 2013, 20:30 mag

Fletch wrote on May 11, 2013, 17:38:
Third-person... {sigh}.

Does every fucking new game HAVE to get consolized into this shit perspective/genre? And whatever the reasons or rationalizations used by these fucktards to justify turning a FPS into yet another cookie-cutter, cover-systemized, immersion-destroying, controller-limited, over-the-shoulder "action" game for luddites doesn't explain the fact that a FPS X-Com game was completely uninteresting in the first place. As a third-person, it's just console kiddie pablum unworthy of a second glance, even at bargain bin/holiday sale prices.

But hey... some of you Baby Dunce Bucktooth Drool2 Hole might like it.

Bwuh?

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: More Big Picture Details May 11, 2013, 10:25 mag

HorrorScope wrote on May 11, 2013, 10:12:
Nuhauser wrote on May 11, 2013, 01:30:
I really don't remember this game being co-op. Is that a misprint? I would love to do the campaign over again with a friend.

Coop is in, I didn't find it buggy.

I recall it tending to crash and/or lose connection semi-regularly...

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. May 11, 2013, 01:43 mag

Nuhauser wrote on May 11, 2013, 01:30:
I really don't remember this game being co-op. Is that a misprint? I would love to do the campaign over again with a friend.

Co-op was added in a patch a bit after release. It's buggy, but it mostly kinda works.

News Comments > Defiance Renewed
19. Re: Defiance Renewed May 11, 2013, 01:38 mag

Cram wrote on May 11, 2013, 01:06:
I just want Eureka back, f*ck everything else on Syfy since they epic failed the Eureka call.

God, Eureka was the worst.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
21. Re: Morning Mobilization May 10, 2013, 06:00 mag

PHJF wrote on May 9, 2013, 20:26:
Seeing as how it's the 21st century and I'm not Michael Schumacher, I drive an automatic. Do you guys still use the telegraph, too???

Geez, you still use fire to cook some of your food? Get with the microwave, man.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Gameplay Video
23. Re: Saints Row IV Gameplay Video May 10, 2013, 05:59 mag

ItBurn wrote on May 9, 2013, 14:54:
This looks like an expansion. It looks exactly like 3. I mean, the whole super powers thing is exactly the same as in the 3rd. The only difference seems to be that there's more stuff in it. If you told me that this was Saint Rows 3, I wouldn't have questionned it. Can't say I blame them, and I can't say that I don't want to play it, but I'm never going to pay 60$.

That's good, because I'm pretty sure I heard $30 as the price point.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
18. Re: Morning Mobilization May 9, 2013, 18:16 mag

All of my cars have been small 'sporty' Japanese cars, and all have been manuals. I can't stand driving autos. Also a good excuse to not answer the phone when I'm driving.  

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
43. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 05:39 mag

Jerykk wrote on May 8, 2013, 05:10:
Stricter gun control isn't going to reduce crime because criminals don't care about the law. Most of the guns used in crimes are already obtained illegally. Washington D.C. has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, yet it also has a significantly higher murder and violent crime rate than any other state, including those that have incredibly lax gun laws like Texas and Florida. There is no statistical correlation between gun control and crime.

If you want to reduce crime, you need to look at the factors that breed criminals in the first place. Poverty is the most obvious one. Abusive and/or negligent parenting is another. Address these two issues and crime will drop. Wasting taxpayer money trying to enforce gun control won't change anything (as the prevalence of narcotics can attest to).

I agree with some of what you're saying, but the argument that you make at the beginning, "Laws in X city don't reduce shootings in X city!" is not a good one. Of course strict laws in DC aren't going to stop people from getting firearms when they can just drive an hour and pick some up legally. Anything useful would have to be nation-wide.

Then I think there are two choices, if you want to make gun-control work.

1) Take a firm hand. Sweeping, extreme legislation a la Australia. Millions of guns surrendered/confiscated/destroyed. Personal ownership essentially forbidden.

2) "Gentle" touch. Guns have to be registered. Severe penalties if a gun registered under your name is used in a crime. Better not buy a gun and then give it to someone else, and better make damn sure you don't let it get stolen.

It would take quite a long time for the supply of unregistered (that is, illegal) guns to dry up in the latter case, but I think it would eventually happen. Of course registration lists pose problems, and maybe it's not the right solution. It would take a long time, and it would not be 100% effective, but I do think it would have an impact in time, at least on your everyday run-of-the-mill burglary/mugging/drive-by/gang & drug-related shootings.

Not going to stop the law abiding citizens from snapping and murdering their families or classmates. So that's where mental health care, proper parenting, blah blah blah comes in.

But yeah. Got to combat poverty and abuse if you really want to make substantive change. Absolutely.

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
41. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 04:55 mag

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 8, 2013, 04:47:
No shit I'm afraid?! Do you live in Europe? If so, look around. They breed like cattle. Go the The Hague in the Netherlands, and I'll guarantee you that you will have a hard time spotting actual Dutch people. Now, if we don't talk about the increase in violence and say that The Hague isn't per se a violent place, we can debate why hardly spotting Dutch people is a bad thing, but that's just hitting philosophical bedrock with the shovel of a stupid question.

This... Islamophobia that you imply, is a term that doesn't exist, because a phobia implies an irrational fear. Seeing Islamic families of 8+ children; a people who's holy book demands them to "conquer the earth with the wombs of your women" and be a soldier of the jihad ( which is NOT simply a "spiritual war")... then fuck yes I'm afraid. I'm frustrated. I'm angry.

Nonsense & rubbish? No. Not at all.

Maybe if you had more guns you could shoot Islam.

2322 Comments. 117 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo