Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2445 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2013, 14:35 mag

dubfanatic wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 12:47:
It's funny how nerds can be so rational and logical about things, and then when it comes to pet topics like DRM or online privacy they throw it all out the window.

Guess what nerds? It's already like this now. If you write software that breaks the DRM built into Flash or Silverlight you will get in trouble. That ship sailed about 15 years ago. Yes it sucks that people pay for DRM but the free market that libertarian nerds love so much has decided that it's worth having around. Why keep it in annoying, insecure, inefficient plugins and not move it into the browser natively? Then all you nerds can actually watch Netflix on Linux! Oh right, nerds don't use Netflix because OH GOD DRM SAVE ME RICHARD STALLMAN

The new meme seems to be nerd = person that cares about anything at all ever?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 11, 2013, 16:36 mag

Does the 360 have any decent non-FPS games that aren't either available on the PC or PS3?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 11, 2013, 00:54 mag

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 11:31:
What tablet would you guys recommend purely for gaming? I'm going to be stuck traveling for quite a bit for some time to come, so I figured I'd pick up a decent gaming tablet and play some of the better mobile/tablet games.

iPad? Android? Anyone have any recommendations?

Nintendo 3DS

News Comments > Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation
26. Re: Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation Oct 9, 2013, 16:10 mag

Nurgel wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 15:04:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 14:49:
Nurgel wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 12:19:
My favorite RTS ever, lets hope its true. Its gonna need another epic music score as well, viva ARM vs CORE!

He uses TA composer Jeremy Soule for all his games, I don't see how he'd not get an another awesome score from him for this.

If i recall correctly, didn't they use like the Israeli Philharmonic to perform as well? Added a nice touch of class.

I don't know who they used, but yeah, half of the score was full orchestra.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
11. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 7, 2013, 23:38 mag

Quboid wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 22:00:
I don't mind plugging it in every night, although I hope there isn't yet more LEDs illuminating my room.

I don't really understand DPI. 8000+? If that's 1:1, I move the mouse just one sixth of an inch to go from the 1200 pixels from bottom of my screen to the top ... why? I could see that a switch to go to low sensitivity to line up a shot might be handy but beyond that (and that's just a 'scope mode' button), I don't see the relevance of DPI ratings. I've no idea what DPI my present mouse uses - it just works.

I've seen references to longer life modes for the G700s but no detail on what they do. Can I switch the update rate to about 400hz?

Polling rates are: 125, 200, 250, 333, 500, 1000 Hz. The power saving modes change how slow the mouse is to go to sleep and how quick it is to wake up, during inactivity. Possibly the polling rate affects that, too...

DPI sensitivity can be pretty much anything you want from 200 dpi to 8200 dpi, with up to 5 preset DPI levels for each of up to five complete profiles programmed in.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2013, 23:32 mag

Are you serious, Atlanta?!  

9. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 7, 2013, 18:36 mag

JediPunisher wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 18:32:
mag wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 03:44:
I'm perfectly pleased with my G700s.

The G700s is almost perfect... except for the short battery life and thick recharge cable.

Logitech needs to figure out a way to add a shake charger and/or a solar cell to the palm area of the G700s which would greatly extend the battery life. Certainly, it would add $10-20 to the cost of the mouse, but it would be well worth it.

I'd also like to see a pinky button to act as shift key, effectively doubling the number of buttons.

The charging cable is pretty annoying, yeah. The battery life is short, but it's ~5x longer than the G7 and is just a normal rechargeable Eneloop AA. As long as I remember to plug it in at night, it's good for a solid day of use (with ~30% left), and that's on the maximum-battery-hog setting.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2013, 18:31 mag

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 17:24:
Ok mag, you know as well I as do (Right across the river in Newport), that they will BARELY make it into the playoffs and throw it all away.

Where the hell is Ian Malcom to explain 'Chaos Theory' involving the Bengals

Haha! You are absolutely right, but it's still fun when they use their uncanny ability to somehow pull off wins against the "elite" teams.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2013, 16:24 mag

1badmf wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 15:45:
9-4 so far bitches! totally saw the seagulls giving it up in indy. but the pats man... weird team. they had no business being undefeated, and then the football gods made sure of it by unleashing noah's flood on tom right as it was comeback time.

now just need the falcons to live up to their talent and 10-4 will look real nice.

As a Cincinnatian... man, the game yesterday was sweet. I didn't even get to see it, rather I listened to the end of the game on the radio (while out in the car, in the pouring rain). It sounded intense.

I'm also slated to be 10-4 tonight, which'll be my best week of the year so far.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2013, 16:23 mag

Ugh, double post.  

7. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 7, 2013, 13:15 mag

Quboid wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 10:03:
I didn't know the G700s was a thing until now. It looks nice too, better going by what JediPunisher said. 1Khz update rate?

1 kHz and adjustable up to 8200(??) dpi.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2013, 13:12 mag

"106" long-lost Doctor Who episodes found in Ethiopia. 106 is a quote?

I think they're scare quotes. Because the 106 is actually... 0. It was a hoax, I hear.

5. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 5, 2013, 03:44 mag

JediPunisher wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 16:43:
Quboid wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 10:45:
Kinda wish I hadn't just bought a mouse. That Logitech G602 looks rather nice.

Be happy you didn't... I just returned mine for a refund.

Twice the reviewer talked about 12 buttons... but the G602 has only 11 buttons. If he can't get something that basic right, you should ignore the review.

The G602 looks sharp and works great; the 2500dpi is plenty and the tracking is perfect... but the mouse feels cheap compared to other premium Logitech mice I've owned. For example, the mouse wheel is the same one from their budget mice, and lacks the tilt function; You can barely feel the notches, and it is so tight when turning, that scrolling long pages is a chore. The six thumb buttons all feel the same and are simply too close together to be useful in a FPS or any fast action game where pressing the wrong button could mean death. Also, the mouse doesn't fit my hand well, and textured surface feels weird, similar to sandpaper. And did I mention the driver software is buggy? In all, I was very disappointed in this mouse. If only Logitech would put the G602's new sensor in the G700s... then we could game for weeks between charges, and I'll be first in line to buy one.

I'm perfectly pleased with my G700s. The battery life is longer than the G700 (which I RMAed to get a brand new G700s), and seems to last pretty much two full days of use between charges if I forget to plug it in at night.

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Oct 5, 2013, 03:09 mag

Cutter wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 16:58:
Guess Blue is carousing tonight.

Those posters are pretty sweet. LOVE the Bambi one.

I would pay moneys to own the Alien one.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 3, 2013, 23:05 mag

I don't know how they didn't see that coming.

And the name is just *dumb*. It's the third Xbox. Hur. That's like Apple's "No! It's not the iPad 3! It's the NEW iPad! >:|"

News Comments > CD Projekt RED/ Dark Horse Fantasy Game Teased
6. Re: CD Projekt RED/ Dark Horse Fantasy Game Teased Oct 3, 2013, 14:53 mag

ASeven wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 13:21:
Conan RPG. Calling it!

Yesyesyespleaseyesyesyes

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed
31. Re: Deus Ex Universe and New DX Game Revealed Oct 3, 2013, 06:14 mag

Fantaz wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 23:25:
Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 19:17:
The only part of Deus Ex 3 I absolutely hated was the dog shit lazy cop-out ending. It felt like a parody of the "illusion of choice" at the end of Deus Ex 1. Everything else was good.

...which game is Deus Ex 3?

Human Revolution

News Comments > New Frictional Game Trailer
18. Re: New Frictional Game Trailer Oct 1, 2013, 17:56 mag

ItBurn wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 16:59:
mag wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 16:55:
ItBurn wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 16:54:
You don't want a new System Shock, trust me. It would have to be made by Irrational and I don't know about you, but Bioshock is console trash. With an above average story, granted. Maybe if they sold the license.

EA owns System Shock, not Irrational.

Ok, yeah, but I was thinking, Ken Levine would make it, and he'd make Bioshock in space.

Fair enough! No argument there.

News Comments > New Frictional Game Trailer
16. Re: New Frictional Game Trailer Oct 1, 2013, 16:55 mag

ItBurn wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 16:54:
You don't want a new System Shock, trust me. It would have to be made by Irrational and I don't know about you, but Bioshock is console trash. With an above average story, granted. Maybe if they sold the license.

EA owns System Shock, not Irrational.

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals "On Hold"
31. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 07:06 mag

Fletch wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 04:43:
mag wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 04:05:
For what it's worth, the first Metro is one of my favorite games in the past few years. The first hour is kind of crappy, and the shooting mechanics suck until you get a decent gun, but I really dug it by the end. I don't recall any QTEs...

Hmmm, I have it on Steam. Maybe I'll give it another shot then. No QTEs? I may be confusing it with something else, but I do remember the action, at least in the beginning, was pretty sparse, and I lost interest pretty quickly.

No promises. I played it kind of a while ago, but I remember enjoying it quite a bit (in that I actually got around to finishing it). It is most definitely heavily scripted and linear like most modern shooters, but it at least offered something different in atmosphere.

2445 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo