Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2396 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2013, 01:06 mag

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 00:38:
Oh man! What a Colts game! I called that one on beattheinsiders but went 8-6 overall. Its a scary thing to be rooting against Peyton with 2m to go even with the lead.

I picked the Broncos, but this one felt like it had Upset written all over it. I expected it to be a case of just being out-played--the Broncos were looking kinda tired.

Colts didn't win this one, though. The Broncos players were either acting like middle schoolers, or the refs just really had it in for them. SO MANY penalties. And the pass interference calls were silly when the Colts were draping themselves all over the Broncos for the whole game.

...also there was what's-his-name dropping the ball every time he touched it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 20, 2013, 16:32 mag

I picked the Pats, but hahahahaha, hilarious. Pouty Brady face. >:|  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Oct 19, 2013, 02:19 mag

Cutter wrote on Oct 19, 2013, 00:04:
I too picked the Giants because they can't go 0-7 can they? Cereal? I mean the law of freakin averages says they're past due for a win at this point. Then again I picked the Cards because I though they were close to the Seahawks and homefield advantage would nudge them by. So maybe the Giants can go winless this season!

Yeah, I really don't know. I mean, Eli's been a champ this year. He goes out there and sucks as hard as he can every week, and he's doing a damn fine job of it. But if we look at the last few years, occasionally he fails to suck in a pretty spectacular way, and I'm worried that he's just not going to be able to suck as bad as the Vikes this week.

News Comments > Terra Ex Kickstarter
13. Re: Terra Ex Kickstarter Oct 17, 2013, 18:13 mag

Christ you people are hypercritical pedants.

This is for everyone in this thread.

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3146#comic

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
9. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 17, 2013, 04:01 mag

nin wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 20:58:
Tom wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 20:57:
...except it's not even cheap...

They're $50.

They are $500.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Announced for 64-bit PCs
33. Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2013, 03:49 mag

NegaDeath wrote on Oct 16, 2013, 00:33:
UConnBBall wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 22:22:
BUT when have they earned this kind of trust? Everything from Stardock has been a mess for what 7 years!

In 7 years we got two great Galciv2 expansions and the entirety of the SOASE franchise. Good enough for me.

Edit: For anyone who has never played Galciv I encourage you to read these two gameplay diaries written by Tom Francis, the guy who also made the excellent Gunpoint. They give you a good insight to the game and are wonderfully hilarious to read.

Those are fantastic. I think I read one of them a very long time ago but completely forgot about it.

News Comments > etc.
28. Re: DXHR Oct 15, 2013, 00:37 mag

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2013, 01:16:
mag wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 22:37:
Like every game made this decade, the input lag is fixed by disabling vsync in game and enabling it (and triple buffering) in your video card's drivers.

Hey, nice tip.

YMMV, but it's a recurring problem with pretty much every "AAA" game for the past however many years. I have no idea what's wrong with game devs. But, doing this tends to either fix it entirely or at least make it tolerable, in most games.

I have an AMD card and use RadeonPro to force triple buffering since it's not in the CCC. nvidia cards have a similar program you can use.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 15, 2013, 00:27 mag

Cutter wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 00:10:
The Oatmeal does it again! Down with Columbus Day! Up with Bartolome Day!

And bets on who's going to show up here to defend Columbus?

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
33. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 13, 2013, 23:13 mag

JeffD wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 15:00:
Linux needs a killer linux! If Linux distros ran as good, looked as good, and was as easy to use as MacOS, we would see alot more users on it. We need to stop the 10 million graphical front end and just center on one. We don't NEED all these choices.. what we need is something we can install that is as easy to use and looks as good as the current 2 consumer operating systems.

You are under no obligation to deviate from the default KDE or GNOME desktop that is included on most Linux distributions. Or whatever Ubuntu's using these days. They all look fine and are easy to use. If you don't want to make a choice, don't make one. Install Ubuntu, install Steam. Done.

Personally I think MacOS is a UI nightmare, though.

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: DXHR Oct 13, 2013, 22:37 mag

vrok wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 17:27:
Quboid wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 11:39:
It looks like more than just a patched up version, nothing wrong with charging a bit for it IMHO. Why do you think you're entitled to new boss fights, improved graphics and AI, or developer's commentary for free?
I don't give a crap about developer's commentary, and yes, everything else could just as well have been in patches, or even an expansion that also improved upon the base game if they really wanted to charge for the extra work done that they should've done in the first place.

You can call it entitlement if you want. I don't really care because you could use that argument for anything patch related. It's a completely meaningless argument. I'm simply voting with my wallet.

Boss fights sucked ass and were even outsourced. Giant Square Enix failure. They deserved to be done right.

AI was too stupid to deal with stealth and silencers. Making it a very boring style of play.

DX11 produced input lag for quite a lot of people so they were forced to play in DX9. Wasn't even fixed for Missing Link. DLC was more important than fixing the game.

I can deal with games and especially console game PC ports being unsupported, but charging for fixing this stuff is ridiculous. My reaction would be no less even if it cost less than a dollar.

Like every game made this decade, the input lag is fixed by disabling vsync in game and enabling it (and triple buffering) in your video card's drivers.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 12, 2013, 14:39 mag

Panickd wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 16:50:
mag wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 16:36:
Does the 360 have any decent non-FPS games that aren't either available on the PC or PS3?

Pretty much any kinect game...

But outside of that most of their exclusives do tend towards first person or third person shooters.

Are there good Kinect games? I honestly haven't heard of any. I'd be interested to know.

I mean, I didn't mean my question to be snarky. I just never picked up a 360, but I own a PC and a PS3. And I'm incapable of playing FPS games on gamepads, so those're out. Was wondering if I was missing out on anything.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2013, 14:35 mag

dubfanatic wrote on Oct 12, 2013, 12:47:
It's funny how nerds can be so rational and logical about things, and then when it comes to pet topics like DRM or online privacy they throw it all out the window.

Guess what nerds? It's already like this now. If you write software that breaks the DRM built into Flash or Silverlight you will get in trouble. That ship sailed about 15 years ago. Yes it sucks that people pay for DRM but the free market that libertarian nerds love so much has decided that it's worth having around. Why keep it in annoying, insecure, inefficient plugins and not move it into the browser natively? Then all you nerds can actually watch Netflix on Linux! Oh right, nerds don't use Netflix because OH GOD DRM SAVE ME RICHARD STALLMAN

The new meme seems to be nerd = person that cares about anything at all ever?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 11, 2013, 16:36 mag

Does the 360 have any decent non-FPS games that aren't either available on the PC or PS3?  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 11, 2013, 00:54 mag

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2013, 11:31:
What tablet would you guys recommend purely for gaming? I'm going to be stuck traveling for quite a bit for some time to come, so I figured I'd pick up a decent gaming tablet and play some of the better mobile/tablet games.

iPad? Android? Anyone have any recommendations?

Nintendo 3DS

News Comments > Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation
26. Re: Chris Taylor Hints a Return to Total Annihilation Oct 9, 2013, 16:10 mag

Nurgel wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 15:04:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 14:49:
Nurgel wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 12:19:
My favorite RTS ever, lets hope its true. Its gonna need another epic music score as well, viva ARM vs CORE!

He uses TA composer Jeremy Soule for all his games, I don't see how he'd not get an another awesome score from him for this.

If i recall correctly, didn't they use like the Israeli Philharmonic to perform as well? Added a nice touch of class.

I don't know who they used, but yeah, half of the score was full orchestra.

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
11. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 7, 2013, 23:38 mag

Quboid wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 22:00:
I don't mind plugging it in every night, although I hope there isn't yet more LEDs illuminating my room.

I don't really understand DPI. 8000+? If that's 1:1, I move the mouse just one sixth of an inch to go from the 1200 pixels from bottom of my screen to the top ... why? I could see that a switch to go to low sensitivity to line up a shot might be handy but beyond that (and that's just a 'scope mode' button), I don't see the relevance of DPI ratings. I've no idea what DPI my present mouse uses - it just works.

I've seen references to longer life modes for the G700s but no detail on what they do. Can I switch the update rate to about 400hz?

Polling rates are: 125, 200, 250, 333, 500, 1000 Hz. The power saving modes change how slow the mouse is to go to sleep and how quick it is to wake up, during inactivity. Possibly the polling rate affects that, too...

DPI sensitivity can be pretty much anything you want from 200 dpi to 8200 dpi, with up to 5 preset DPI levels for each of up to five complete profiles programmed in.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2013, 23:32 mag

Are you serious, Atlanta?!  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
9. Re: Hardware Reviews Oct 7, 2013, 18:36 mag

JediPunisher wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 18:32:
mag wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 03:44:
I'm perfectly pleased with my G700s.

The G700s is almost perfect... except for the short battery life and thick recharge cable.

Logitech needs to figure out a way to add a shake charger and/or a solar cell to the palm area of the G700s which would greatly extend the battery life. Certainly, it would add $10-20 to the cost of the mouse, but it would be well worth it.

I'd also like to see a pinky button to act as shift key, effectively doubling the number of buttons.

The charging cable is pretty annoying, yeah. The battery life is short, but it's ~5x longer than the G7 and is just a normal rechargeable Eneloop AA. As long as I remember to plug it in at night, it's good for a solid day of use (with ~30% left), and that's on the maximum-battery-hog setting.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2013, 18:31 mag

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 17:24:
Ok mag, you know as well I as do (Right across the river in Newport), that they will BARELY make it into the playoffs and throw it all away.

Where the hell is Ian Malcom to explain 'Chaos Theory' involving the Bengals

Haha! You are absolutely right, but it's still fun when they use their uncanny ability to somehow pull off wins against the "elite" teams.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2013, 16:24 mag

1badmf wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 15:45:
9-4 so far bitches! totally saw the seagulls giving it up in indy. but the pats man... weird team. they had no business being undefeated, and then the football gods made sure of it by unleashing noah's flood on tom right as it was comeback time.

now just need the falcons to live up to their talent and 10-4 will look real nice.

As a Cincinnatian... man, the game yesterday was sweet. I didn't even get to see it, rather I listened to the end of the game on the radio (while out in the car, in the pouring rain). It sounded intense.

I'm also slated to be 10-4 tonight, which'll be my best week of the year so far.

2396 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo