Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2444 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls 2 Video
10. Re: Dark Souls 2 Video Jan 31, 2014, 13:25 mag

Redmask wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 07:18:
Invaders are at a significant disadvantage though. Like he said you can just play offline if you don't want to be invaded, some of us like the excitement it provides as enemy AI only goes so far.

They've said that they made refinements to magic and several other gameplay systems, they don't show much in the video though.

You can now aim magic like a bows, do light or heavy spells (R1/R2), and there are some spells that designed to come from angles other than head on. You can also get items to recharge your spell uses, instead of needing to rest. Not sure what else.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dark Souls 2 Video
6. Re: Dark Souls 2 Video Jan 31, 2014, 00:28 mag

PHJF wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 23:35:
Dunno, combat just looks too unchanged/unimproved. Dark Souls was already basically more of the same, itself... isn't looking like they are trying to move forward at all.

They made bare hands and shields viable as weapons, added a dual-wielding stance, allow two-handed weapons to parry, made backstabs interruptable and harder to pull off, gave a riposte-like thing after guard breaks, added a lot more variability to character builds with all of the new stats... what do you want??

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Spanx? Jan 21, 2014, 09:50 mag

10/10. Ha.  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jan 20, 2014, 22:06 mag

nin wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 21:12:
Well there ya go! Good to know!

It's not my sort of game (over-the-shoulder shooter, puke), but a lot of people actually seem to like Spec Ops for the moral ambiguity is contributes to the modern military shoots. Zero Punctuation had a good review.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
10. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 20, 2014, 21:39 mag

ViRGE wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 20:49:
saluk wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 19:49:
Everyone I know who has a wii u really likes it. But the large portion of casuals who would buy in think it's some weird wii upgrade and they already have a wii.
Does anyone know someone who actually thinks this? Every person I know is aware that the Wii U is the new Wii. I see this rationale thrown around a lot, but it seems unfounded.

My parents are owners of a Wii. I doubt they have any idea what a Wii U is, at all.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 20, 2014, 19:20 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 18:42:
Money on the table. Lots of people want to play Nintendo that don't own or want to own their hardware.

Mario on smart phones would probably be the dumbest thing they could do right now. You could make a case for maybe putting the old games there, but to actually release new games on iOS would destroy them. It would turn their strongest brand into something on the same level as a Zynga rip-off. That's not where you want to be.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: 123456 Jan 20, 2014, 18:45 mag

Obligatory:

"That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!"

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
16. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 19, 2014, 22:16 mag

Beamer wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 17:59:
mag wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 17:28:
Axis wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 17:17:
Whatever nintendo needs to do is fine by me, my family got my moneys worth out if it already easily -- can only get better.

Couple games we're looking forward to, particularly super smash bros.

I'd really like to see the Wii U turn it around. I'll pick one up as soon as the price drops and they get a few more games on there. Get Zelda and Smash Bros and we're almost there.

Eh.
To me, they screwed up by being lazy with the Wii versions:
Smash Brothers wasn't as fun as Melee (though, admittedly, people said the same thing about Melee, but the Wii version lacked a lot of magic for me)
Mario Kart was fun, but they oddly took awful levels from old versions rather than great ones. I would have loved if they just added map packs. Seriously, that's the game that would get me to buy DLC. $1 a map, even if they're just updated old ones? Sold!
Zelda games... I know I'm in the minority, but nothing has changed since the N64. Twilight Princess used the same animations and sounds for many actions as Wind Waker. Too much deja vu for me to see and hear those again

The best Wii games, for me, were mostly new ones. Boom Blox was tough to beat.
And, hypocritically, I still find the best Zelda games to be the 2D ones.

I never grabbed a Wii, so I'm looking forward to playing all of those games, too. I played the heck out of the NES Zelda when I was young, but skipped the SNES for the N64, so Ocarina of Time is really my *formative* Zelda game. It's my favorite by far.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 19, 2014, 22:13 mag

Sigh. The proposed NSA reforms are pretty skimpy. "We won't spy on the leaders of our closest allies." Lots of wiggle room there. "We'll offload the cost of storing all of your data to the telecoms themselves, and the rubberstamp court will have to rubberstamp requests for data." Ugh. And now all of the other law enforcement agencies will get to submit requests for the exact same data.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 17, 2014, 17:28 mag

Axis wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 17:17:
Whatever nintendo needs to do is fine by me, my family got my moneys worth out if it already easily -- can only get better.

Couple games we're looking forward to, particularly super smash bros.

I'd really like to see the Wii U turn it around. I'll pick one up as soon as the price drops and they get a few more games on there. Get Zelda and Smash Bros and we're almost there.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2014, 10:04 mag

Blue wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 09:59:
Shineyguy wrote on Jan 17, 2014, 09:42:
Injuries from service are a b*tch... I have bad knees and a sore back from my 7 years I had spent in the Military and deployed to Iraq.

Military service appears to age your body an extra 10 years.

Seems like you might be taking the "weekend warrior" thing the wrong way, as I never served in the military. That's an old cliche for people who spend most of their week sitting on their asses only to overdue their sports on the weekend. In my case, it was millions of softball games, which I think caused all the wear-and-tear on my shoulder, though the actual injury (which I've always presumed is a rotator cuff tear) came from throwing a wet football. I had a knee scoped years ago, and I'm betting the same will happen to the shoulder.

Anyway, that's all nothing compared to your military experience, so I feel sheepish that I even invoked that thought... I'm not sure how I could handle a seven-year vacation in that area, much less seven years of conflict.

I had a shoulder labrum repaired last year. The recovery wasn't bad at all--but the rotator cuff is a lot more involved. Good luck!

News Comments > Dodge Wars Announced
5. Re: Dodge Wars Announced Jan 15, 2014, 23:06 mag

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 21:17:
Red wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 19:10:
I read that title as doge wars at first. And I will not deny I was intrigued.

Beat me to it...

Hahaha. Came to make the same comment.

News Comments > Dark Souls II "Cursed" Trailer
8. Re: Dark Souls II Jan 15, 2014, 16:31 mag

harlock wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 12:52:
its the same engine as the first one, why wouldnt it look the same.. hence: dated

They say it's a new engine, actually.

http://kotaku.com/5970754/dark-souls-ii-runs-on-a-brand-new-engine/

News Comments > DayZ Sells 1M in One Month
20. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 14, 2014, 15:00 mag

Jraptor59 wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:22:
I guess we are solidly in the era of paying $30 for beta access (they say the beta period still has a year to go before the game is ready).

I want this company to survive and do well, but this should cost about $15. As long as people pay for alpha/beta/ideas for games that don't exist, we will be trapped in that ideal.

We have transitioned from the gamer who was exotic/cutting edge/elite (the early days of gaming, where you built your P/C and games pushed the envelope for computer design) to the console generation.

I think it is a "dumber" generation that seems to accept almost anything pushed out there, from buggy games to insane prices, to 8 year old hardware. They don't realize they have real power to shape the face of gaming based on how they spend their money.

Would you be okay with paying $15 for the beta and then later paying another $15-30 for the final version? Because that's really what you're asking for.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 12:47 mag

Task wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 12:38:
The Thrawn Trilogy would be pure gold in film, if done right. It pretty much has all the epicness of the original trilogy in an expanded 3 book trilogy format.

My expectations are pretty low for the new films they are making, they are obviously struggling to just top the better stories that already exist. Leia and Han's kids do play a very minor role, they are just students at the Jedi Academy on Yavin. But I don't know what they are smoking by bringing Luke's kid into the story, he isn't born until much later.

And Obi Wan Kenobi having a daughter or grand daughter? Um No. Or did they forget Obi Wan was part of the old school Jedi Order of celibate space warrior monks?

Disney threw away the EU. There are no children of Leia, Han, or Luke until the new movies create them. The timelines, names, and numbers of children are gone.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 13, 2014, 19:41 mag

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 18:44:
And what was this guy thinking? Reminds me of the guy yesterday about the internet mob is bad,it takes info and runs with it. He lays down this beauty (the total truth):

"Jim Farley, the global vp of marketing and sales at Ford, tells Business Insider he made a mistake when he implied that Ford gathers so much data from GPS units inside its customers' cars that the company knows when they're speeding or breaking the law.

Then the cover up lie: (It is just what it is, they have been putting in all these back-doors into electronics and why Windows is like it is... We aren't paranoid, they are just being exposed)

"I absolutely left the wrong impression about how Ford operates. We do not track our customers in their cars without their approval or their consent," he says. "The statement I made in my eyes was hypothetical and I want to clear this up."

And what is the consent? Like a EA Eula you say yes when you buy it or you don't buy it? Like who would ever consent if they don't have to to yeah track everything I do? What the hell people.

Then the article on the guy visiting NSA, he told me ZERO. They are mad, can't believe someone would do it to them, if people knew they'd be ok.... That is your story in 3 sentences. Oh yah and there is security onsite and it's a military operation.

I think the takeaway from the NSA article is that these people think that they are special and beyond reproach because they're protecting the country. They can't believe that they were betrayed by one of the brotherhood, or that anyone would dare impugn them for what they do.

It gives some context for the way the NSA's been reacting to Snowden. It's like when someone breaks away from the Church of Scientology.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2014, 15:18 mag

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 11:38:
Yeah, I honestly don't know why the producers of the GoT show thought it'd be a good idea to launch it so soon. Did they honestly believe for a second that George would have it wrapped up in time for them to translate it to the small screen? Smoke a little more crack while you're at it.

Even though Joran needlessly milked the shit out of WoT he still actually delivered product on a regular basis.

My understanding is that GRRM has shared/will share the rest of the story with the show runners, if the series passes him, so that they can continue to the end without the books being done.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2014, 17:22 mag

Hoop wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 14:30:
They say it's your birthday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjF1bG5LUcs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnug5_h6DJQ

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jan 11, 2014, 02:25 mag

Jivaro wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 01:48:
El Pit wrote on Jan 11, 2014, 01:15:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2014, 20:10:
If you missed Brothers 2 weeks ago on the Steam sale, go straight to check out. Do not pass Go. Do not collect 200 Imperial credits. And for the Emperor's sake, don't read any reviews. Just buy and play.

Well, you should read this:
"Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons requires a controller to play"

Which means I will never buy it. But to each their own.

Do you know why it requires a controller? I am not being a smart ass, legit question. The game play mechanic is designed around operating two characters simultaneously with two joysticks/pads. It isn't that they were too lazy to code in some PC-centric controls. I can't really think of a practical and comfortable way to play the game without a controller.

Then the game never should have existed! Controllers are for little kids argl blargl raaaaaarggg!

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2014, 02:50 mag

jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 17:01:
harlock wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 14:28:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 14:04:
harlock wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 14:02:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 9, 2014, 13:56:
I would be so interested to read what the mechanism is that causes this someday.

its called DNA

Yes, but how exactly.

It is constantly recording the events of your life and self-replicating throughout your body, then its passed along by sexual reproduction

So, you're saying that something as ephemeral as an accent is recorded in our DNA? If that were the case, why wouldn't entire languages be recorded? If you got whacked on the head, you should be waking up speaking Chinese, not English with a Chinese accent.

Because the crack to the head damaged something that got her stuck in the 'speak in what you think a Scottish accent sounds like' mode. There's no genetic memory here, just brain damage and crossed wires.

2444 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo