Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2447 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 06:26 mag

InBlack wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 06:00:
Some poeple seem to be missing a point here. Sure the game works great with a controller, but thats not the issue. The issue is that the developers LIED and claimed the game would work well with KB&M.

I actually just did a little running around with mouse and keyboard and--well, I would need to rebind some keys, but it works fine. Much better than the first one. What are your complaints?

If you want your character's view/aim to track the movement of the mouse, that's just not how the game works. It doesn't work like that with a game pad. Intentionally. They don't *want* you running around free-aiming your spells and bows--the aim mechanic is an intentional handicap, you have to sacrifice your mobility.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 25, 2014, 01:41 mag

Frijoles wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 18:16:
Yay! Oh.. crash to desktop. Seems quite a few people can't get it to launch. Not a good way to start.

Edit: Works if I physically unplug my primary monitor (DVI). However then it's on my second, shitty monitor off to the side. Fails to launch if I unplug the second monitor. Lots and lots of people having this problem. Seems related to HDMI somehow.

For what it's worth, I have three displays, one on DVI, one on DisplayPort, and one on HDMI, with the displayport as the primary display, and it starts fine for me.

Runs beautifully, too. 2560x1440. Great frame rates. Much better looking than on the PS3.

Sorry to hear others are having trouble--yeah, the keyboard controls are still pretty crummy (you can't hit esc to back out of menus, have to use the mouse to click).

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 2014, 01:46.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2014, 19:45 mag

jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 16:52:
nin wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 15:54:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 23, 2014, 15:47:
@nin & Cutter

Here's Brian and Jimmy discussing whether Brian is colluding on the rap videos. They also talk about the process of making them, and who does it.

HA! That's funny as hell! Looks like he's got quite the sense of humor about it...

Brian Williams ability to deadpan is flawless.

He's always excellent on his Daily Show appearances, too.

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
31. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 15:17 mag

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:05:
Well, I wasn't expecting a sort of Dragon Age Inquisition.

Looks pretty hackneyed and stilted to me.

NO ONE expects the Dragon Age Inquisition!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 15, 2014, 03:13 mag

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 21:47:
Guardian and Washington Post win Pulitzer prize for NSA revelations.

Good on them. The sad thing is that if Greenwald left Brazil to come to the USA to receive his award, he'd be arrested and thrown in jail for being a journalist. I really have no confidence in my own government to leave the man alone.

He came to the US a few days ago.

Linkalink

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 11, 2014, 22:16 mag

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 20:05:
nin wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 18:25:
Not sure what to make of Harmonix. One says yes, one says no.

I got tired of Rock Band and other games like it. Guitars, drums, and mic collecting dust for some time now....I don't have (nor want) the time to put into it to get to the higher levels....it was more of a "have friends over and mess around" sort of thing.

Rocksmith is a pretty cool replacement, and it gets you using a real guitar. The cable is finicky sometimes, but it's pretty neat.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 10, 2014, 16:37 mag

I only ever "upgraded" from Win2k to WinPlayschool because one of the late betas of Supreme Commander finally blocked Win2k users in a way that I couldn't circumvent easily. It made me sad.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours
11. Re: Wasteland 2 Linux Beta Next Week; Playthrough ~50 Hours Apr 10, 2014, 13:58 mag

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 13:55:
Cutter wrote on Apr 10, 2014, 13:15:
2 years is more than enough for a game of this size and caliber. As per usual this is typical Obsidian mismanagement again with production schedules. I'm sure they made a fuckton of money on South Park, so they should hire additional resources if needed to finish this. They're already 7 months over schedule. This is just one more reason I'm done with crowdsourcing. Schedules and time are very important in my books. So is keeping your word. If someone says they're going to do something by XYZ then the better do it or don't say it at all. Go tell your boss that whatever project he has you on you're going to delay it 6-12 months and see what his response is.

Good job ranting about a completely different developer than is involved here...

Laugh2 That's our Cutter.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: 4ktv Apr 9, 2014, 16:15 mag

jdreyer wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 14:14:
SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 13:08:
nin wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 12:56:
Not to mention, at best, you're up scaling a 2K image.

Yeah it will be a while before we see native 4k movies, by that time the 4k TVs will come down in price also.
If the 4k trend catches on. If not, 4k will be the new 3D

Because it's an upgrade of an existing technology, and not a new one like 3D, I'm sure eventually it will be the standard. It's just a matter of how long it will take. Given how satisfied people are with 1080P, it'll probably be a good decade before 4K TVs are the majority.

Especially considering how only game consoles and Blu-Ray even do 1080p. Broadcast and cable TV top out at 720p/1080i. Netflix does 1080p, but it's so compressed that it's not really any better. I imagine their 4k will be the same.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2014, 15:06 mag

Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 14:54:
mag wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:47:
Creston wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 11:08:
While I applaud the idea, how is that underpowered piece of crap going to emulate a 360? There just doesn't seem to be enough sheer raw power to do it (properly.)

They mentioned 'PlayStation Now', so I think their plan is probably to emulate it on the Cloud or whatever.

But then why emulate it? Why not just put reams of 360s in your CLOUD MAJICS COMPJUTER and stream everything off that?

Because they don't want to pay a thousand full-time workers to go around changing out the dead 360s? I don't know.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2014, 15:04 mag

jdreyer wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 13:22:
mag wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:47:
While I applaud the idea, how is that underpowered piece of crap going to emulate a 360? There just doesn't seem to be enough sheer raw power to do it (properly.)

They mentioned 'PlayStation Now', so I think their plan is probably to emulate it on the Cloud or whatever.

That would create horrible lag.

I have to agree with Creston, I don't see how they have the power to emulate this accurately on the XB1. They might be able to do a hack job that requires less resources, but there will be bugs. This article about emulating an SNES is a good primer about the issues involved.

Well, that's how Sony intends to do it. That's why they bought Gaikai or whatever cloud gaming company. There's no way the XBOne can emulate the 360, and they specifically referenced Sony's cloud gaming solution, soooooo. Draw your own conclusions.

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 7, 2014, 12:47 mag

News Comments > Full Watch Dogs System Specs
20. Re: Full Watch Dogs System Specs Apr 6, 2014, 18:55 mag

Ah, nevermind.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2014, 19:20.

News Comments > Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves
31. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 27, 2014, 04:43 mag

InBlack wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 04:12:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 26, 2014, 22:26:
How is this a good business decision? I thought gaming companies made tons of money banning accounts and getting people to buy new ones? Interesting. BTW FYI this post is Trolling Free.

I was going to ask the same thing. I dont think cheaters should be allowed to play the game in any fashion. This is cutting them some serious slack. Also while this sounds fun on paper, I have trouble believing that this system is 100% fullproof. There will be a lot of false positives and regular people will get stuck in these cheat servers.

So you would rather the false positives be banned from the game entirely? Confused!

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2014, 23:39 mag

Fantaz wrote on Mar 25, 2014, 10:36:
I hope what he means is that i could put any PS2 disc in and play it on the PS4 with a software emulator... hopefully that's the case.

It should be entirely possible (PS2 and PS1 can easily be emulated with that hardware), but it runs counter to Sony's interests. Why let you do that when they can sell you the games all over again on the PSN?

News Comments > "Several" Unannounced UE4 Games in Development; UT Not One of Them
9. Re: Mar 20, 2014, 14:08 mag

nin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 09:28:
If/when they do another UT, they need to look back at what made the earlier games fun. I've tried 2-3 times now to play Black, and always lose interest. 99 was the best, and 2003/2004 were fair, but still felt like they were missing something...

U2:XMP was the best. Best! Of course, Epic wasn't the one that made that one.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2014, 16:39 mag

Asmo wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 00:12:
I'm not usually a huge fan of point and clicks (well, not since the early nineties), but the Longest Journey series is well worth a look.

Unfortunately, it's a trilogy and the 3rd game hasn't been made (and it's unsure if it will at the moment). The 2nd game has a hell of a cliff hanger so if you're a completionist, ignore the previous advice to buy...

Dreamfall Chapters

Well, it was funded, so it ought to be in the works.

32. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2014, 15:30 mag

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 13:58:
I did not think that Dark Souls II was that good. The first one was better which does not say much for the developer.

You, a couple days ago:

Ozmodan wrote:
Most of the comments I have seen say it is not as good as the first one. Think I will pass unless I see better reviews.

I'm confused. When did you get to play it?

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
34. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 8, 2014, 17:08 mag

PHJF wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 08:32:
As far as I can tell Logitech took a hit in quality in the past few years. I have a late model G5 (which admittedly I've been using for a long time) suffering from the poor cord connection that apparently plagues many of their corded mice. The mousewheel has lost a lot of tactility, one of the sensitivity change buttons has always been poor to respond, and I hate that it doesn't store DPI setting onboard. Real comfortable, though. Their keyboard selection has been lackluster and they haven't released a worthwhile set of speakers in ages; Z5500 was the crown jewel of PC-specific speakers and they never followed it up.

I've been looking toward finally getting a new mouse and have been eyeballing Cooler Master stuff. Couldn't be happier with the CM keyboard I've been using, and their peripherals tend to be a bit cheaper than the competition.

I love my G700s from Logitech, though their mice do seem to have a left-mouse-button-dies-after-two-years problem lately. On the other hand, they have a three year warranty. So give them a call and a day later, brand new mouse. Hurray! They gave me a brand new G700s to replace my G700, didn't require the old one be shipped back or anything.

News Comments > Dark Souls II PC Specs
28. Re: Dark Souls II PC Specs Mar 7, 2014, 22:35 mag

Overon wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 20:25:
I'm looking at the graphics in this game and I don't see much of a difference between dark souls 1 and dark souls 2. Then I watch the playthroughs and it plays like dark souls 1. Is there anything new in this game besides a different location and different enemies?

New story, new enemies, new location, new weapons, tweaks to the combat mechanics, tweaks to the multiplayer mechanics, tweaks to the spell mechanics... what do you want from a sequel?

2447 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo