Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2579 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2015, 13:26 mag

Retired wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 12:14:
Cutting the cord....er...sattelite dish....

Setting up a Plex server and have Amazon Fire on each tv.

What are you guys using for a setup?

Use this link here for discussion into the Blues Forums.

I use my PS3 as the media device hooked up to the TV, but anything would really do. Between Netflix, Amazon Prime, and PlayOn running on a PC to stream Hulu (non-Plus) (and other) content to the PS3, I'm pretty set.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 6, 2015, 01:28 mag

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 20:47:
I didnt even know there were any physical prototypes. Awesome seeing this finally after a couple decades have passed from the first time a cd addon to the SNES piqued my interest. I would imagine nintendo would have continued to be a dominant player in the console industry if they would have gone through with this. The SNES had a primary limitation of being cartridge based when new mediums could store hundreds of times as much data. This would have coupled the impressive SNES hardware with a much better storage medium, which would have made for a very awesome console.

Contemporary CD-based systems were... really bad, though. The load times where absolutely abysmal on all of the competitors of the day. I doubt it would be remembered very fondly, if the SNES had been CD-based.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2015, 23:14 mag

Rigs wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 15:27:
And what do we all do? Sit here and bitch about it. Yet, come election day, we'll gladly check those marks for the same bastards that have been in office most of their life and probably will retire there...

I'm sorry, you can't complain (well, I mean you 'can', but still) if you blindly go in and vote the same mothersfuckers in each and every time and each and every time they do nothing. Who's stupider? The fool or the fool that keeps voting them into office?

I'm 37 and I haven't voted once in my life. Not once. Only because no one has come around that had me thinking they would actually make a damn bit of difference. And I don't foresee anyone in the near half century either! Dark, sad days ahead of us and the only one to blame is ourselves!

=-Rigs-=

By not voting, you are implicitly voting them in yourself. Thanks, buddy!

News Comments > Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded
21. Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Instantly Funded Jun 16, 2015, 12:54 mag

PHJF wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:11:
Skies of Arcadia made it to GCN (a 10x better console). I had a friend during high school whose basement featured a Dreamcast. Besides the odd round of Power Stone, it ended up being mostly used for Virtua Tennis. The friend himself was a prominent supporter of Jet Grind, a game I've never enjoyed. I'll give you points for PSO, but other than that... there's a reason Dreamcast killed Sega.

Soul Calibur, Rez, Ikaruga, Bangai-O! Marvel vs. Capcom!

News Comments > Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian
20. Re: Chris Avellone Leaves Obsidian Jun 9, 2015, 14:55 mag

Cutter wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 13:15:
PoE was awful. Worst thing they've ever done. It's no wonder he doesn't want to be associated with Obsidian anymore. It's over, Johnny. It's over!

Rolleyes

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: No Chance of Fallout 4 on Xbox 360 or PS3. Jun 8, 2015, 15:47 mag

gravity wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 12:15:
Wait.. why? Not that I care (as I don't have either, and prefer PC versions in all cases they are available), but...

(from the article)
"It is not coming to 360 and PS3, the stuff were doing will never work there," Bethesda's global community manager Matt Grandstaff said in a NeoGAF thread.
(end quote)

The stuff we've seen looks nothing like next-gen hardware mandatory. In fact, it looks like all F:NV/F3 mod-work at best (so far).

Mind you, it's very early still... but was anyone truly impressed with anything in that trailer? Can someone reference engine improvements to GameBryo that support leaving behind last-gen devices?

Could be as simple as them wanting larger game areas that won't fit into the meager ram on the PS3 or 360.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2015, 09:36 mag

Redmask wrote on Jun 7, 2015, 04:19:
Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 19:42:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 6, 2015, 14:42:
Walmart

Hooray for small changes?

Instead, the company is bringing back Radio Walmart after 9 years, meaning an actual DJ will keep things fresh, rather than playing the same handful of CDs over and over as many stores did, driving countless associates (and customers, too, probably) batty. Even better, individual stores will have more control over their thermostats rather than having headquarters decide.

Foran also talked about a new push he called the 10-feet rule. Associates must greet customers and make eye contact when they are within 10 feet as a way to lift sales.

Yeah, because that's not annoying at all. I *hate* the retail experience simple because of this mindset. Everytime I walk in, or even by a place, you hear 'Hi how are you? - like you really care - 'Is there anything I can help you with/If you need anything let me know.' Gee? Really? Thanks I never would have figured that out on my own, I thought you were part of the display. Just leave me alone, you'll know if I'm seeking you out because you'll hear, 'Excuse me...'

Most people actually desire human contact, there's a reason those questions are asked. You are an extreme outlier of society who wants to live in a cucumber flat or whatever, accept that its not aimed at you.

The only reason those questions are asked is that it's been demonstrated that it reduces shoplifting.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 2, 2015, 18:15 mag

Task wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 18:04:
The CIA/Pentagon Times more like.

And yet, our very own Pentagon employs trolls too and so do other Western intelligence services - The JTRIG document. US Airforce uses software to create an Army of fake people. So all is fair in love and war? So yeah, everyone does it, not just Russia but the MSM blasts the headlines with Russia does it, not us! And yet if you google search "us army/pentagon paid trolls" ALL you get is Russia.

What's even more funny is that on occasion, I've been called a "russian troll" on other sites when I didn't "tow the mainstream line" so to speak. It reminds me of how it was long ago if you were anti-war in WW1/WW2, historically people were called unpatriotic and such tripe. During the Cold War, you were called a "Pinko Commie" or "Red" for joining the anti-war or civil rights movement. Its the same thing today - you are either with us, or you are the enemy sort of nonsense.

The more you demean a society and their people by projection, the easier it is when the time comes for bombs to fly and shoot to kill.

Alright, so Task is one of them. How many more of our resident trolls are actually Russians?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 2, 2015, 04:03 mag

InBlack wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 02:33:
Zanderat1 wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 21:32:
DX12?

Are you fucking kidding me? They are pulling a Vista? Again? Win10 will be DX12 exclusive? Fucking Microsoft...

It's been obvious that that's the case for a long time. And Win10 is free for Win7 and Win8 users.

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 30, 2015, 23:36 mag

jdreyer wrote on May 30, 2015, 22:03:
1badmf wrote on May 30, 2015, 17:49:
ViRGE wrote on May 30, 2015, 17:23:
Fantaz wrote on May 30, 2015, 16:02:
no Tron 3 makes me sad... :(
Agreed. I was looking forward to that finally going into production.

weird decision. that movie made boatloads of money. just not enough boatloads i guess. really lame cuz i love kosinski's work. he's one of the best new big budget directors around; i'd take him over JJ abrams 10/10 times.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they're not? Tron Legacy made $400M worldwide. That being said, big budget sci fi hasn't been panning out lately. Fury Road has just broken even, and didn't even win its opening weekend. Jupiter Ascending, Chappie, Edge of Tomorrow, John Carter, Elysium, and Dredd, to name a few have not made any money. The ones that have have either been superhero movies or Michael Bay movies.

Fury Road is at $240M world wide against its $150M budget. It's done fine.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 28, 2015, 17:24 mag

SanDisk To Release New Solid State Drives Priced "On Par" With HDDs.

Highest capacity, 256GB. You essentially can not buy 256GB HDDs.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
51. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 15:32 mag

ItBurn wrote on May 21, 2015, 10:29:
Squirmer wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:47:
InBlack wrote on May 21, 2015, 09:34:
The Witcher3 looks and runs GREAT. Even on older hardware.
Only thing that matters, time to move on.

It does not! Intel Xeon E5-1650 3.20GHz(essentially 12 threads), 48 gigs of ram and GTX 670 here and I can barely run the game in 1080p in medium. I sure as hell ain't getting 60 fps either. That game looks good, but not as good as it should for my hardware. I think the game is badly optimised. Also, the pre-rendered cutscenes run like sh*t. Like, 10 fps.

Is it playable? Yes. Does it run "GREAT"? Hellz no.

That is an old-ass video card. Upgrade it.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2015, 15:29 mag

You're in good company. Even Johnny (allegedly) told people that he viewed Letterman as his true successor.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 16, 2015, 14:15 mag

Dagnamit wrote on May 16, 2015, 13:59:
Axis wrote on May 16, 2015, 12:50:
Windows 10 preloaded with candy crush... Sounds EXACTLY like the direction MS has been going.

Like it or not, those games are the Minesweeper of the times. Played by the exact same type of person too. Production quality is just better.

They are nothing compared to Freecell. NOTHING!

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2015, 15:51 mag

BobBob wrote on May 15, 2015, 13:39:
By the time a person gets to be about 70'ish he/she has typically lost any enjoyable life function. Might as well sip the elixir and make a donation to Soylent.

Man, you've really got to get out of California. I think your brain is baking in the Sun. Move some place where you can cool off with a drink of water.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black May 14, 2015, 23:14 mag

jdreyer wrote on May 14, 2015, 22:04:
Cutter wrote on May 14, 2015, 21:41:
Wow, that was just awful. And did they really need to make Jimmy Olson black? Rolleyes

I don't care about that, but this is bad: Jimmy Olsen has to give her the blanket? Superman doesn't have time to visit his own cousin even though he can get anywhere in the world in 30 seconds??

I think it's just legal stuff. They are not allowed to show Superman.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 13, 2015, 18:28 mag

DangerDog wrote on May 13, 2015, 16:01:
I doubt Windows 10 would work on hardware running Windows XP without upgrading the ram at the very least, and for those people many are still on XP because of their requirement for some device driver that's only available on XP or would grind the computer to a halt speed wise if you upgraded the OS.

Vista though should be on the list but whatever.

I haven't tried windows 10 preview, does it require you to have a MS account or can you bypass that?

I installed one of the earlier previews and did not have to create an MS account.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2015, 15:06 mag

ANALYSIS: Karate Kid: Remake vs. Original.

Mind. Blown.

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2015, 11:26 mag

Alamar wrote on May 8, 2015, 09:51:
Well, that didn't last long... Installed the GOG Galaxy client for Witcher 3... Had an issue with the videos... Not horrible, just very inconvenient...

'Closing' to sys tray though... Uninstalled...

It's a beta. Report the issues and feature suggestions.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation May 7, 2015, 18:22 mag

For Nintendo to not profit is the exceptional thing. They had a rough patch for 2011-2014, but the annual loss for the 2011-2012 year was the first in three decades.  

2579 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo