Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2369 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
12. Re: Into the Black Sep 18, 2014, 10:45 mag

InBlack wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 03:19:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 03:13:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 22:33:
I hope those guys were just playing around, and weren't going to start shooting the shit out of any curious coyotes. Notice the howler has a pretty serious rifle across his knees.

I'm sure they'd take home whatever they killed. Coyote burgers, coyote liver pate, coyote mittens, etc. They're quite versatile feedstock for humans.

Really? People eat coyotes? Thats awesome. Id like to try some one day.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm from jdreyer!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
18. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 18, 2014, 01:58 mag

Julio wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 20:08:
mag wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 19:20:
Oblivion could regularly be gotten for $5, which means that Skyrim at $60 was overpriced by at least $50?

If Oblivion's regular price at launch was $37.50; then they decided to charge $60 for Skyrim, it would be overpriced to me by $22.50. A $5 sale price on Oblivion would just be that much more over the top.

To me charging a huge premium for a sequel isn't worth paying - I'd consider preordering if the price was similar to last time. I might as well wait for it to go on sale, figure it will hit $5 soon enough.

$15 for LoG2 is fair; $24 is greed. I can hold out for $5 sale price if they're going to be greedy. There's plenty of other games to play soon.

That is insane.

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Sep 18, 2014, 01:58 mag

Oh, come on. Look at the source. It's frigging Breitbart.  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway
12. Re: Legend of Grimrock 2 Next Month; Preorders Underway Sep 17, 2014, 19:20 mag

Julio wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 18:42:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 18:36:
A $9 price increase for a total of $24 makes a game "overpriced" now?

When LoG1 gets discounted to half price or less on sales, yes a 60% price increase on regular price to $24 is too much for the sequel.

Oblivion could regularly be gotten for $5, which means that Skyrim at $60 was overpriced by at least $50?

PC Gaming > Post your FPS config - old school
13. No subject Sep 17, 2014, 16:03 mag

Pretty standard, here:

wasd, exactly what you expect
left control: crouch
space: jump
q and e: lean (if available), maybe cycle inventory if that's a thing, sometimes use world object is e, sometimes use healing ability is q
r: reload
g: 'nade

I've got no problem hitting ctrl with the pinky and still hitting any 1 to 3 of wasd. I've got long fingers, but that shouldn't really be a stretch for anyone, should it?

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
2. Re: Hardware Reviews Sep 15, 2014, 21:23 mag

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:11:
Seriously a mousepad is a mousepad aesthetics aside.

Been using the SteelSeries I-2 for a few years now. Discontinued now, but damn is it nice.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: So why do publishers keep doing it? Sep 15, 2014, 17:15 mag

descender wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 17:03:
Eh... Every generation thinks the one before it is slow-witted and indecisive, every generation thinks the one after it is impatient, crude douchebags.

"Generations" shouldn't be more than 5 or 10 year time periods. Especially over the last 30 years with the huge gaps in technology. If you weren't going through school at roughly the same time, then you really have nothing in common. Someone entering 1st grade in 1985 and someone entering first grade in 1999 have literally nothing in common socially, culturally, or otherwise.

I don't know. I've got friends/acquaintances/family both ten years younger and ten years older than me that I find I have a decent amount in common with, culturally and socially and whatnot. "Geekdom" seems to be a pretty solid bridge.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: So why do publishers keep doing it? Sep 15, 2014, 16:55 mag

Creston wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 16:36:
UHD wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 16:04:
so which is it?

I am always right. Cutter isn't. This is an important detail to remember.

Not that it really matters, at this point it's personal curiosity, but to be honest it's more interesting than gamergate.

True.

Cutter is probably consider a larger group of regulars than I am. Most of the guys who have been here the longest are pre Gen X, but then again, since Blue was formed in... what... 1998? they would have to be, since I doubt many five year olds were posting here when it first started.

Gen X is ~1960 to ~1980. The youngest Gen Xers were 18 in 1998. Millenials are ~1980 to 2000. The oldest Millenials are in their thirties now.

/31-year-old Millenial. Been here since the beginning. I was 16.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 15, 2014, 12:59 mag

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 11:28:
Alamar wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 09:51:
What deal?
Interesting. You know, I don't really blame Notch. I'm sure being wealthy must be nice, but I have no interest in being famous. And depending on your personality, being famous could be a VERY heavy load to handle.

I don't see how anyone can blame him. That is a ridiculous, ludicrous, inconceivable amount of money. That is do-literally-anything-you-want money. That is enough money to build and launch and support another Curiosity rover. He could fund one hundred Psychonauts sequels.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 15, 2014, 03:21 mag

descender wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 01:33:
It would be pretty fantastic to have those a la carte streaming options, but when HBO/Showtime/Starz start bypassing the cable and satellite providers and direct selling streaming services... I can't think of anything that will destroy net neutrality faster. I wouldn't expect Comcast/Time Warner etc. to let go of their exclusivity so gently.

I think it would be glorious. A lot of people would be screwed for a few years, but in every location where the cable cos have actual legitimate competition from a phone company laying fiber or from Google or from municipal broadband or what have you, they would destroy themselves. And it places where they have monopolies, it would hasten laws to tear them down or encourage competition to spring up.

"The more you tighten your grip, the more subscribers will slip through your fingers."

General Discussion > NFL Week Two
9. No subject Sep 15, 2014, 01:46 mag

Holy cats. This was a *bad* week for me on the picks, but somehow I'm winning the spread.  

7. Re: Into the Black Sep 13, 2014, 01:58 mag

I don't think I ever played the original-original, but I definitely had some good Lode Runner times. RIP.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 18:52 mag

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 17:10:
mag wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 13:45:
It seems to be a pretty bi-partisan thing. Old People would be the demographic I'd pin the complacency on.
Uh seriously? "Old people" are the largest voting block, old of course is subjective but generally considered anyone over about 40 these days. You want complacency? Look at the youth(18-30) voting block, it's dipped as low as 10%

Complacent was the wrong word, but the support of the government's surveillance? Hell yeah, old people. Young people are disaffected and apathetic and can't wield the power they ought to have. Old people, on the other hand, are AFRAID.

No matter how small-government they are, they want the government to make them feel safe from hackers and terrorists and gays and women and PETA and that funny guy across the street and computers seriously what are computers and people driving fast and so on and so on.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2014, 18:48 mag

jdreyer wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 16:02:
Predatory dinosaur was larger than T. rex, went for swims.

So, Jurassic Park 3 actually got it right?

Spinosaurus, the guy in JP3, has actually been known about for quite a while. Everyone seems to think JP3 made it up, but it was a real dino!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 12, 2014, 13:45 mag

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 12:33:
Verno wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:30:
You can't really lay that on one specific political party or voting demographic.

It's complex, I wasn't really going direct party, but those I know that go along with this, seem aligned heavily to one. Guess?

It seems to be a pretty bi-partisan thing. Old People would be the demographic I'd pin the complacency on.

6. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2014, 22:47 mag

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 21:12:
Must have been some big fucking complication if the man went in for a leg injury and ended up kicking the bucket. Holy shit!

Every surgery is risky. General anesthesia is very risky.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 05:48 mag

Redmask wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 20:14:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 19:29:
Rumor mill is saying MS is close to buying Mojang for 2 billion.

Awesome, another thing Microsoft can fucking destroy. Notch, the guy who rails on about EA, selling out to fucking Microsoft is just rich.

XBOX XCLUSIVE!

You can have all of the principles in the world, but... man. $2B is $2B. In the grand scheme of things, you can do a lot more Good with $2B than you can with a morally righteous video game company.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Sep 10, 2014, 05:41 mag

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 23:27:
Quboid wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 22:19:
I can understand if you're fed the fuck up with the amount of bullshit lately but ... what the fuck man?

Yeah, I thought if anyone would support this, it would be Halfie. Guess it goes to show you can't shoehole people.

I think the whole gaming community just needs to get together and hug it out. So much negativity lately.

News Comments > Transverse Announced
18. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 10, 2014, 04:36 mag

I didn't even know MW:O ever came out. I thought it was canceled or something.  

General Discussion > NFL Week One
8. No subject Sep 9, 2014, 18:24 mag

Pigeon wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:51:
Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:03:
Romo was looking rough on the weekend

I can't stand the Seahawks but they looked damned impressive, the only thing stopping Marshawn Lynch is going to be an injury.

Bills did surprisingly okay even with that backup CB, they are always my worst picks.

Biggest disappointment last week was KC, felt like they weren't even on the field mentally.

I was sad to see the Saints lose too but it was a good game.

Seahawks are definitely the team to beat this year, followed by the Broncos (So close Colts)

The Bills are an upset team; they're generally bad, but seem to pull off wins against teams you wouldn't think possible. Cincinnati is kind of the same way, 'cept they tend to lose to teams they shouldn't.

It was good to see the Texans finally win a regular season game. The offense looked shaky, and the secondary outmatched like always, but that defensive line and special teams looked fantastic. Blocked extra point and a blocked punt for a TD. Sucks about Clowny, 4-6 weeks

Cincinnati used to be that team that went 4-12 and only beat the best teams in the league, but yeah, now they're that team that goes 10-6 and loses to the worst teams in the league. And whomever they play in the first playoff game (regardless of quality).

2369 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo