Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2293 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Eye Tracking Controller Plans
9. Re: Eye Tracking Controller Plans Jan 3, 2014, 19:16 mag

Cutter wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 16:01:
Noble as it sounds to help the cripples how many people would we really be talking about it? 0.01% of the population?

That aside it sound like a cheat as far as FPS' go.

Jesus Christ man. Do they really have the Internet back in the 40s?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale (2)
28. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 3, 2014, 10:46 mag

El Pit wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 09:41:
mag wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 09:30:
christheshitter wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 04:18:
The worst Steam sale ever. Crappy AAA titles for dumb downed people no thanks!

Did you miss all of the indie titles??

Ignore him. Read what he wrote, take a look at his nick, and you know - it's one of the lamest trolling attempts here at Blue's News EVER!

...right. Gotcha. Too early in the morning to be replying to trolls!

24. Re: On Sale (2) Jan 3, 2014, 09:30 mag

christheshitter wrote on Jan 3, 2014, 04:18:
The worst Steam sale ever. Crappy AAA titles for dumb downed people no thanks!

Did you miss all of the indie titles??

11. Re: SimCity Limited Edition on the Microsoft Store. Save 50%. Jan 3, 2014, 00:01 mag

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 20:42:
qsto wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 20:36:
mag wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 18:47:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 17:52:
Finally started playing Saints Row 4 and man have I missed Volition. I always wanted to see them make a spiritual successor to Freespace, but now I kind of want to see them make an open world Bladerunner style game instead. SR4 really isn't that far off while still embracing the craziness of Saints Row.

An open world cyberpunk/noir game? Yespleaseyesplease.
Well, there was Neocron back in the day. Albeit it was an MMO, it still comes closest of anything such what you depict. It was was a decent effort but quite buggy upon release and lacking in many gameplay aspects, or rather the implementation wasn't all there in many ways. But hacking for instance was awesome in that game.

It had so much potential though, and I've been craving after anything similar ever since. As of now, Neocron is actually F2P and still being actively developed by the community. I've been meaning to go back and try it gain, but for some reason I still haven't managed that

Here's to hoping someone will actually make a modern game such as Neocron in the near future. And that it will look like the UE4 tech demo Infiltrator we saw last year

Oh man Neocron. I beta tested that 10 years ago and it was such a pile of shit right up to and after release. They had a nice Deus Ex/System Shock MMO thing going on then flushed it down the toilet. Literally. You start off being forced into these dark boring sewers beating on derpy rats like every single fantasy MMO that came before it. Supposedly they made an expansion that turned into a sequel but I don't know what happened there and don't care.

I'll never touch another MMO because of Neocron.

Yeah, I think Neocron was one of the MMOs I tried that left me soured on the genre as a whole. Haven't tried one since around that time.

4. Re: SimCity Limited Edition on the Microsoft Store. Save 50%. Jan 2, 2014, 18:47 mag

Mad Max RW wrote on Jan 2, 2014, 17:52:
Finally started playing Saints Row 4 and man have I missed Volition. I always wanted to see them make a spiritual successor to Freespace, but now I kind of want to see them make an open world Bladerunner style game instead. SR4 really isn't that far off while still embracing the craziness of Saints Row.

An open world cyberpunk/noir game? Yespleaseyesplease.

News Comments > New Year's Safety Dance
7. Re: New Year's Safety Dance Jan 1, 2014, 14:04 mag

Would NSA surveillance have stopped 9/11 plot?

They already had all of the information they needed to stop 9/11, and they failed to do it because they were drowning in too much information. So of course the solution was to gather more information. Rolleyes

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2013, 18:32 mag

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 16:41:
It's been a couple months since they went to beta and lowered the price to $60 (which is more than KS backers paid for the same access anyway), and they created a new Commander for the holidays that backers get for free, so I don't think anyone cares. I even went to check the PA forums and didn't see a single thread about the sale. Such a stark contrast to see people actually talking about the game, compared to the Steam forum being 95% full of people bitching about the price, in spite of the discount. "WTF only 33% off, is this an Activision game LAWL!"

On a somewhat related note, Grim Dawn alpha access was opened up to all backers for Christmas, even for people like me who only put in $18 for the base tier. It's pretty good already, and Act II is coming next month.

Yeah. I backed at $40 (I think?) to get the beta, which is the current sale price. I've had my couple of months extra of getting to try it over the plebs, the final version is due relatively soon, etc. etc. I won't feel offended no matter how they price it at this point.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2013, 18:31 mag

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 17:27:
Yeah, I don't know if that's a limitation of their current bundle system (like all they have is that choose-your-own thing) or if it's a deliberate strategy. You get zero discount if you take just one little game out of one of those packages.

You do get a discount, though, if you already own one of the games in the packages. That is way-cool over how Steam handles it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 30, 2013, 18:34 mag

Krovven wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 00:43:
mag wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 21:07:
You're still limited to 3 activations through securom, which includes installing a new hard drive, motherboard, ram, or cpu, and you still have to go through Uplay, which has been down 50% of the time I've ever gone to play an Ubisoft game.

Stop posting bullshit you clearly haven't taken even a few seconds to check on. I know, Google search is hard for some people. IT WAS CHANGED 2 YEARS AGO! Nevermind that I posted this exact thing a couple days ago in one of the Sale threads.

etc. etc. etc.

Yes, yes. I remember when they changed it. I looked it up again before you posted it the first time. I did misremember about the ram, so sorry there.

You are still limited to three activations after your first one. They say you'll refresh one a month, and while this probably is not fair of me, that is something I absolutely don't trust Ubisoft to actually do correctly.

But yeah, it is a bit of spite. My real issue isn't even the tiny number of activations. It's that it has to activate at all. I've resigned myself to Steam as a fact of life for most games, but I try not to support multiple failure vectors on top of that. If any one of Steam, Uplay, or whatever server they use for Securom activation goes away, the game goes away. Steam will probably be around for a long while, but Uplay won't. The activation server will probably go away even sooner than that, if it's not folded into Uplay itself (not sure how they do it).

It's a principled stand on something that doesn't really matter (what are the chances I would want to specifically play Anno 2070 in five years? Probably small), but they are 100% useless extra restrictions that I don't want to spread. So I'll spend my money elsewhere and tell others to, too.

News Comments > Hello Games Flood Follow-up
30. Re: Hello Games Flood Follow-up Dec 30, 2013, 05:49 mag

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 23:53:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 20:44:
I'm sorry you're devoid of the understanding of sarcasm.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's your fault for posting something stupid and then acting like a bratty little child when called on it. Grow up.

You're both pretty, there's no need to fight.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 29, 2013, 21:07 mag

Creston wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 20:28:
mag wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 18:43:
Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 14:31:
Wolfox wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 11:59:
So glad to see Anno 2070 in that list. It's a fantastic and mostly overlooked game.

Also, glad Starbound is there. It's a great game already, and it's not nearly complete yet.

Anno is a great game, but that's Ubisoft's fault for loading it up with ODRM. Had it not had that it would have been HUGE!

I'm not sure how many people actually pay attention to that. They certainly lost my money because of it, because I did check whether it still had it, but when I mentioned it here most people said that they thought it had been removed. I doubt lay people are even aware of what sort of DRM it had in the first place.

It's been removed to the extent that while you still get a better experience if you're online, you can at least play while offline. It also means that when their server is having fits (which happens with distressing frequency because Ubisoft refuses to put 5 dollars into their hardware), you don't get kicked out of the game you bought.

You're still limited to 3 activations through securom, which includes installing a new hard drive, motherboard, ram, or cpu, and you still have to go through Uplay, which has been down 50% of the time I've ever gone to play an Ubisoft game.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 29, 2013, 18:43 mag

Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 14:31:
Wolfox wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 11:59:
So glad to see Anno 2070 in that list. It's a fantastic and mostly overlooked game.

Also, glad Starbound is there. It's a great game already, and it's not nearly complete yet.

Anno is a great game, but that's Ubisoft's fault for loading it up with ODRM. Had it not had that it would have been HUGE!

I'm not sure how many people actually pay attention to that. They certainly lost my money because of it, because I did check whether it still had it, but when I mentioned it here most people said that they thought it had been removed. I doubt lay people are even aware of what sort of DRM it had in the first place.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
29. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 29, 2013, 05:01 mag

Axis wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 19:20:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 17:01:
Axis wrote on Dec 28, 2013, 16:22:
It's just the standard cycle of fads. Everything new has a honeymoon period where its the greatest thing ever, then it's used and used until they're finally sick, bored or disenchanted with it -- people then proclaim a myriad of excuses as to why it's no longer the greatest thing ever for a need to explain off their initial unbridled enthusiasm when in fact human nature has already provided the reason.

Yo Axis. When you going to post a jpg for your avatar?

I suppose I should, what do you propose JD? And don't say a giant troll with a dicknose cause I'll do it I swear!! ")

Path of Exile logo.

News Comments > Op Ed
29. Re: Op Ed Dec 29, 2013, 04:57 mag

I have had pretty much no interest in this game since the first trailers, but all of this complaining is making me want to play it. There's something wrong with me.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 29, 2013, 04:49 mag

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Dec 29, 2013, 03:38:
Came to argue about BI, but stayed to agree about a great year in gaming. Spoiled for riches. Some of the coolest and gripping games ever.

Couldn't agree more. And with some extremely high-profile Kickstarters due on 2014, next year is looking to be pretty great already.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2013, 01:52 mag

Shoot the Moon, Blue! See if you can go 0-16. That's a type of victory!  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
20. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 27, 2013, 05:51 mag

Krovven wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 04:20:
InBlack wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 03:56:
Diablo3 was so dissapointing, it should be included on the 2013 list as well...

Diablo 3 was released in 2012...

thatsthejoke.jpg

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 26, 2013, 17:04 mag

I really really want to play Anno 2070, but I refuse to buy games with crappy DRM. Sigh.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Free
38. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Free Dec 25, 2013, 23:54 mag

Ladron3dfx wrote on Dec 25, 2013, 22:47:
Left 4 Dead 2

381 hrs on record

Infected killed

Rochelle 39%

Been there, done that! Spot_left

It looks as if a few achievements have been added since my playing days. Nothing worth the trouble of installing the game again although there is an incredible amount of replay value in L4D2.

Free? A slap in the face to all those who purchased the game years ago.

If you had known that it one day would be free, would you have never purchased it?

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
16. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 22:47 mag

They're hoping someone accidentally buys it instead of Dark Souls II.  

2293 Comments. 115 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo