Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2286 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 22, 2014, 14:04 mag

descender wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 12:44:
A VR company with real funding? I don't know why anyone is complaining about that.

We notice that you spent a lot of time of time staring at that singles ad, and that you are listed as married! Can we suggest a marriage counselor?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 22, 2014, 14:02 mag

mag wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 14:01:
A VR company with real funding? I don't know why anyone is complaining about that.

Jim from accounting is in the Virtual Sistine Chapel! Do you want to join him?

Do you know Xiaolong from Taipei?! He wants to be your friend!

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 22, 2014, 14:01 mag

Sexy singles are waiting for you in the Virtual Pub! $5.99 to join them!

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 22, 2014, 14:01 mag

Jim from accounting is in the Virtual Sistine Chapel! Do you want to join him?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 18, 2014, 14:07 mag

Beamer wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 13:43:
mag wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 13:02:
Axis wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 10:34:
I'm not a huge Mario Kart fan, didn't buy it.

Next game I *really* want on the Wii U is the new Super Smash Bros, my kids played that to death.

I played the heck out of Melee, but never owned a Wii so never got good at Brawl. When I played it a friend's, though, it just felt off. I couldn't get the hang of it.

Hoping the Wii U's version is a return to form. It'd be another reason to pick up the system.

I disliked Brawl, but only played it briefly. It didn't feel as dynamic.
But, I should point out, I was a c-stick slammer. My entire game was based around beating people up then slamming the c-stick. I know that, in tournaments, this is considered bad, dumb, or even forbidden, but in my group of friends it just made me dominant. Especially with Marth. C-stick slamming Marth was unstoppable.

Haha! Yeah, that's pretty cheap.

In the original Smash Bros, my friends and I mostly played with the 2x damage option enabled, and my character of choice was Fox. Sprint-throw-sprint-throw-sprint-throw-sprint-reflect win!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 18, 2014, 13:41 mag

Cutter wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 13:08:
I've always been of the mind that, I don't know if it's art, but I know what I like. I'd still like to do an art history degree one of these years, just for its own sake. I do so love the Renaissance and Baroque periods for art.

I was in art school before I switched to the degree that I finished with, and art history was a required course. It gave me an appreciation for things that I wouldn't have noticed otherwise, and it has since then allowed me to recognize references in pop culture to quasi-famous paintings that only someone that had taken a class would recognize.

I could not imagine getting a degree in it, though. That would be... rough.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 18, 2014, 13:36 mag

Jamil20 wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 12:29:
The LEDs and pins is seriously a pain in the ass. I'm only buying ASUS mobos until other companies either change this shit or design a similar connector. My previous Mobo was an ASUS, current is Gigabyte. I loathed having to connect those stupid pins.

I think it was on my previous board (a Gigabyte), but I had one recently where all of the pins were backwards (+ vs. - or GND) compared to every other board I'd always had. What the hell! It took me a while to figure out why nothing would power on. Haha.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 18, 2014, 13:02 mag

Axis wrote on Jul 18, 2014, 10:34:
I'm not a huge Mario Kart fan, didn't buy it.

Next game I *really* want on the Wii U is the new Super Smash Bros, my kids played that to death.

I played the heck out of Melee, but never owned a Wii so never got good at Brawl. When I played it a friend's, though, it just felt off. I couldn't get the hang of it.

Hoping the Wii U's version is a return to form. It'd be another reason to pick up the system.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 16, 2014, 16:35 mag

Simon Says wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 10:59:
Pigeon wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 10:03:
Still trying to push the Metro look I see, with its big fat and flat Fisher Price looking buttons. Still better than 8...

Marginally... And it takes precious space that could better be used like it is in the Win7 start menu.

Even the Win7 start menu is pretty terrible. Doesn't it limit the number of things it can show at once to a ridiculously small number by default? I had to install Classic Shell almost immediately to make it usable.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 16:18 mag

KS wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 13:37:
Beamer wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 13:14:
Cutter wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:13:
Why does Marvel feel it's ok for them to fuck with other peoples religions so long as they're not mainstream? Hey, why not make Jesus or Mohammed women and see how that works out for you.

Thor isn't a religious character, he's a mythological one. Unless you know people still worshiping Norse mythology as religion. I can't even find any genuine ones online.

Today is Odin's Day. Tomorrow is Thor's Day.

Anyway, I can't tell from the article, is this some chick who was worthy, or did Thor get turned into a chick, like Loki was with a big, but in-continuity magical event, or a (gag) complete reboot?

My understanding from elsewhere is that Man-Thor gets depowered and Lady-Thor rises up and picks up Mjolnir to put the hammer down.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 14, 2014, 12:38 mag

The Half Elf wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 11:48:
Here's where I work on weekends as a bouncer.
http://www.hofbrauhausnewport.com/ (Take a look at the Google pics of it).
Usually don't work Sundays, but they wanted 3 guys just in case with the World Cup final game, and the Cincinnati Reds game (about 10 mins walking distance from Great American Ballpark). It wasn't bad until it rained at 3pm and drove all our Beirgarten (patio) business inside and we hit capacity in 30 seconds, so we told people that if they wanted service they could go around the side to the patio (the gate on the left), but wouldn't be allowed inside. AND due to the storm it also knocked out the Direct TV and Wifi out for 15 mins. AND we were looking at a possible influx of the rain delayed/postponed Reds game. Potentially 3 guys vs 400+... not good odds.
Thankfully everything was fairly peaceful during the game, but holy shit when Germany finally won the place went fucking nuts. Started throwing out idiots left and right.
Don't get me wrong, Soccer fans have a energy that is simply unmatched by any sport in the US by a landslide, but holy shit they just explode, which explains all the riots afterwards.

They should offer us Hazard Pay Beers after that mess.

I knew you were a fellow Cincinnatian, but didn't know you worked at the Hofbrauhaus. Cool!

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 14, 2014, 01:33 mag

Cutter wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 20:32:
They could make it federal. As someone stated it, it's like complaining to head office that your boss is a dick and they refer you back to your boss to deal with the problem.

The executive branch doesn't write laws. That's why he passed the buck to Congress. They make laws.

Obama can, indirectly, influence the enforcement of current federal laws, but he can't wave a magic wand and stop states from being dicks.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2014, 14:28 mag

BobBob wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 13:44:
Animals should be in the wild nature. I imagine if we asked a pet what it would prefer, it would want its freedom; if it had the chance to experience both captivity and the wild. Unfortunately, an animal is incapable of communicating that fact. I have had pets in the past and loved them. But in retrospect, they should have been running in the wild. If you find my opinion offensive, put the situation in reverse: Can you honestly say you would prefer to be a pet?

Dogs (wolves) and cats domesticated themselves. Being with humans was better than being in the wild.

So goes the theory, anyway.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2014, 22:28 mag

PHJF wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 20:21:
Back from the beach whereupon I read:

Margaret Atwood - Handmaid's Tale
China Mieville - Embassytown
Neil Gaiman - Neverwhere

I'll take something from Gaiman over Zelazny any day. Amber was so god damn tedious.

What. WHAT. What what what.

What what what what what.

What.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 10, 2014, 18:25 mag

Julio wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 14:12:
On the person refusing to decrypt their data going to jail, looks like we might as well officially call democracy dead. Really a lot of countries are corporate dictatorships now.

Worth pointing out that that's the UK, not the US. I'm not sure about the UK's protections against self-incrimination, but I'm fairly certain that they're quite a bit weaker than the US's 5th amendment if they have any at all.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
29. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 18:28 mag

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 18:18:
mag wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 14:36:
Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 13:27:
wonkawonka wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 13:01:
I for one am very happy with my kickstarter investment.

Yeah, this is the only so far that I can say the same. Can't wait to see what some people do with the editor.

Are you still not happy with Shadowrun? You've been praising the Berlin campaign a lot. Or were you not a backer?

Yeah, I backed it, but I'm split on it. Berlin was great. The original campaign, not so much. And I still don't like the stylized direction they went with the art. I wanted a realistic, real gritty world and characters. Not impressed with W2 so far. And obviously it's too early to tell on PE.

Fair enough. I haven't chipped in more than $15-25 on anything so far, and the only one I feel burned on was Castle Story, but I also knew that was the longest shot.

If I'd spent $50 on Shadowrun I'd probably feel worse, but $15? Enh, I'm happy enough.

Edit: More on topic, I am excited to play this game. Going to get through Divinity 2 first, though.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2014, 19:02.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 5, 2014, 16:09 mag

nin wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 15:25:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 14:47:
Image: To me, this is all 'Early Access' is.

Towns shut down development. Took 2Million+ and quit. Dick move. I can see DayZ doing this.

Huh, someone there refers to Garry (of Garry's mod) as "kind of an asshole. Really rude to his fans sometimes." Wasn't aware of that, and while I don't follow it or anything, I've never heard anyone bitch about him.

edit: And was Towns the one where he pulled the plug, but then said he might do another KS for a sequel (which in turn pissed a lot of people off, understandably)? I did a search here but can't find it...

Some comments said that this was true, but others said that he just did a complete tear-down of the engine and was rebuilding it to be more capable and hadn't quit.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jul 5, 2014, 15:34 mag

Samsung has announced it will scrap plasma TVs.

Nooo. Bye-bye, plasma.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
10. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 14:36 mag

Cutter wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 13:27:
wonkawonka wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 13:01:
I for one am very happy with my kickstarter investment.

Yeah, this is the only so far that I can say the same. Can't wait to see what some people do with the editor.

Are you still not happy with Shadowrun? You've been praising the Berlin campaign a lot. Or were you not a backer?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 3, 2014, 11:44 mag

InBlack wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 10:55:
Wow that article was written by Cory Doctorow. He is actually a half-decent Sci-Fi writer. Im suitably impressed.

He's actually more well-known for his blogtivism than he is for his sci-fi writing, I think.

Obligatory xkcd.

2286 Comments. 115 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo