Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Wakka Wakka!

Real Name Wakka Wakka!   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname mag
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 24, 2002, 15:22
Total Comments 2447 (Senior)
User ID 14905

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Dec 22, 2014, 00:18 mag

Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 20:19:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 19:51:
Cutter wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 17:02:
Still no good sales yet. And is Amazon not doing a sale this year? Enh, just keeping an eye on G2A for Mordor atm. Saw it at $15 a few days ago and shoulda snagged it then as it's hovering around $19 +/- atm. It was already on Amazon for $20 so I'll wait a few more days and see what happens.

I got the premium edition at g2a for 24.00. Auto buy.

IT IS 20 RIGHT NOW!

Yeah, 20 US, that's like 95 CDN thanks to that asshole Harper.

While I'm aware that Harper is a total asshat, the USD is just strong right now. It's doing well against the yen, AUD, CAD, and euro.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
6. Re: New Zealand couple manages to lock themselves in keyless car for 13 hours Dec 21, 2014, 01:10 mag

Genesys wrote on Dec 20, 2014, 15:13:
I had a cousin get locked in a Cadillac XLR for an hour or so... and the door latches are electronic so he couldn't get out.

The hell???
The first thing he did was check the glove compartment for the owner's manual, but it was on a CD :)

The hell?????

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
26. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 19, 2014, 05:19 mag

The difference between the comments here and at Kotaku is hilarious.

Here: "That's a bunch of money! Hope he's keeping track, but that's awesome. Good job, Notch!"

Kotaku: "WHAT A MONSTER WHO COULD POSSIBLY NEED SUCH A HOUSE THAT BIG HE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THE MONEY TO ORPHANS."

News Comments > Dying Light Interactive Trailer
7. Re: Dying Light Interactive Trailer Dec 18, 2014, 02:44 mag

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 19:36:
I'm raging against this for Dylan Thomas.

+1

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
46. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 04:40 mag

Quinn wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 04:22:
I dont see GTA V banned from steam yet? I mean, squeezing titties, bringing strippers home to put a bullet in their vaginas, running around town shooting and burning people and running them over with tanks or punching whores to death to get your money back... THAT'S OK? Of course its OK because its a GAME! Hatred should be handled the same way. But hey, GTA V will make big money and that's where morals get grey! Fucking hypocrites.

This us censorship. Period. The people themselves should decide whether it's worth their money or not. "Steam has the right to--" Blablablabla yes Steam has the right to ban it from its store. But because it basically has the monopoly, it's worth it to get loud when it starts to make decisions for us. You know, like a government dictatorship, since there's only one.

Seen the movie Rampage? I thought it was fun.

Greenlight is only two years old, and until last year it was still 100% up to Valve whether or not voted-on titles would actually get greenlit. They were flirting with the idea of killing it entirely. Before Greenlight, were they banning all games from Steam that they didn't specifically go out and pick?

Its history as an open-access platform for anyone to slap their games is incredibly short. A blip. And it has more competition than ever: Humble Store, UPlay, Origin, GOG, GMG, their own website, blah blah blah.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Nvidia cards don't display full RGB color via HDMI Dec 16, 2014, 04:04 mag

rocketpcguy wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 22:48:
that was very interesting, esp. the sample image: if you see 2 shades (left/right) instead of 4 (each corner), you have a limited color range:
http://i.imgur.com/Bw61l68.jpg

any nvidia + HDMI users here affected? wondering if displayport is affected, i didn't understand this message from nvidia:
http://i.imgur.com/lFqExUM.png

I don't see any issues on DVI or displayport.

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
26. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 15, 2014, 23:09 mag

The game's supporters are sure some quality people, too!

Linky

News Comments > Hatred Greenlight Campaign
19. Re: Hatred Greenlight Campaign Dec 15, 2014, 20:36 mag

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 20:07:
I sort of like the way it looks. It isn't real, keep telling yourself that because it is true. I'm anti-real machine gun/tanks for citizens, but have no problems devastating pixels. Not sure why Steam wouldn't carry it. Do they not understand what they sell isn't real?

Because Valve is a business and associating with apparently-hate-group-associated-developers is not good business sense.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Dec 13, 2014, 01:58 mag

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 21:12:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 20:21:
One unexpected surprise for me with the PS4\GTA was the speaker in the controller. The extra dimension added with that speaker is bloody marvelous and R* did a great job utilizing it. Anyone who's playing GTA on the X1 is missing out.

Another Nintendo innovation copied the next generation.

Didn't the Dreamcast VMUs have a speaker?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2014, 21:28 mag

Beamer wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 13:34:
Slick wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 11:31:
mag wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 11:11:
Random question, hardware guys. So, I'm in a position where I might have to take a job out of the country for a while, which means the desktop's obviously not coming with me. I'm in the market for a new laptop anyway, so:

Anyone got a good recommendation for a gaming-capable laptop? I'm kinda aiming for 15", ~$1000, 1080p at least. I'm coming from an old Thinkpad, so I've gotten real used to having a nice keyboard on my laptop, and not feeling like the machine itself is apt to fall apart.

From poking around at the store: MSI seems to have real nice hardware, and the keyboard's okay, but the keyboard layout is kind of terrible. The Lenovo Y50 has "okay" hardware (kinda middling GPU), a pretty decent keyboard (for chiclets), but the trackpad kinda sucks (ugh buttonless trackpads).

i'd recommend a whitebook. they're brandless laptops with the same components direct from the manufacturer. CyberpowerPC sells em, as do a few others. 2 christmases ago I got myself a 1080p 15" matte screen (what I wanted, fuck that gloss son), 3630qm I7 quad core with HT, 16 gigs of ddr3 dominator ram, and a 256 gig SSD.

FOR $808 USD all-in. no taxes or shipping. it was a thanksgiving sale, look for the timed sales, there's some insane deals.

I'd lean towards the W230SS. It's a whitebook, with many companies selling it. That means you can find some giving away ridiculous things free in the config. 13.3" screen makes it light. xoticpc seems to have the best pricing right now, but with that SSD it'll come to $1200.

13" is a bit too tiny, but you and Slick seem to be right. The last time I looked at Sager and Clevo and their like, they tended to have terrible thermals and battery life, but it seems like they're not too bad anymore. A little on the dimensionally-beefy side, but not absurd.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2014, 11:11 mag

Random question, hardware guys. So, I'm in a position where I might have to take a job out of the country for a while, which means the desktop's obviously not coming with me. I'm in the market for a new laptop anyway, so:

Anyone got a good recommendation for a gaming-capable laptop? I'm kinda aiming for 15", ~$1000, 1080p at least. I'm coming from an old Thinkpad, so I've gotten real used to having a nice keyboard on my laptop, and not feeling like the machine itself is apt to fall apart.

From poking around at the store: MSI seems to have real nice hardware, and the keyboard's okay, but the keyboard layout is kind of terrible. The Lenovo Y50 has "okay" hardware (kinda middling GPU), a pretty decent keyboard (for chiclets), but the trackpad kinda sucks (ugh buttonless trackpads).

News Comments > SimCity 2000 Free on Origin
5. Re: SimCity 2000 Free on Origin Dec 10, 2014, 03:56 mag

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 02:12:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 23:31:
For half a second I thought they were releasing the newest free. Thought, damn what a total failure!

Ive wonder if theyve gimped this version of Simcity 2000 somehow. I cant see how they would otherwise release a superior product to their new one, for free...

You could go buy it for $3 completely safe from EA's poison grasp.

http://www.gog.com/game/simcity_2000_special_edition

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Dec 9, 2014, 22:03 mag

Whiskers wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 21:04:
Generally it's both a steam key and a drm free download. It says what you get with each game, so just be sure to check before buying. When you mouse over a title it'll show you which platform (drm free / steam / linux / mac / android / etc.) you get.

More and more of its offerings are just Steam games, these days. They are even selling Anno 2070 on there, so that's Steam + batshitcrazy-always-on-Ubi-DRM.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2014, 17:49 mag

Capella wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 17:09:
I lost my best friend today. He went to sleep at 2:45 today after fighting kidney failure. He was only 8 years old. He was so smart I had to put locks on the gates to keep him from opening them. He loved to lean and bark at the birds and go for rides.

I don't want anyone to be sad. I just wanted to tell some one. I don't do Facebook. His name was Shooter and he was loved and is already missed.

Condolences, Capella.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Trailer
18. Re: No Man's Sky Trailer Dec 6, 2014, 15:51 mag

Geeeeez you people are negative. I'm still stoked.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 5, 2014, 00:21 mag

PHJF wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 14:01:
How was "The Fappening" not #1 search?!
RECOUNT!
Because despite what reddit thinks, they're not really that much of a powerful cultural phenomenon. The 99% of the population that lives outside of the Internet blogosphere echo-chamber never heard the word 'fappening' and just searched for '<celebrity name> naked'.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Dec 4, 2014, 00:24 mag

jdreyer wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 00:09:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 22:57:
My thing has always been, "if you can offer it at 19.99, it should always be 19.99".

I hear you, but apparently the super cheap price serves as a kind of advertising, and a whole bunch of people keep buying it even after it goes back up. Not defending, just explaining the principle.

It also makes people pull the trigger, whereas if it were always that price they might say, "Eeeenh... I'll pick it up some other time."

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 2, 2014, 15:34 mag

Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 12:25:
So if half of all workers are replaced by robots in the coming decade what does that mean for the economy? Who's going to buy shit when they have no money?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_income

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 2, 2014, 01:32 mag

Flatline wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 11:28:
Creston wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 11:08:
We're 100% committed!! (As long as it keeps selling.)

Too bad you fuckers weren't 100% committed to making sure it worked out of the fucking box. Three weeks and your shit is still broken.

Again, matchmaking is something that's been around since the late 90's. How the fuck is this an ongoing issue?

It's never been particularly good, though.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Dec 1, 2014, 20:43 mag

I have a Nexus 4, and got the update last week.

Overall, not a fan. The new task switcher looks terrible, is less functional, and is slower. A lot of normal tasks take more work than usual. Can't access the clock/alarms/whatever from the lock screen, have to do an extra tap or swipe or two to enable airplane or silent mode. The UI in general is slower and less responsive.

2447 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo