Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for DedEye

Real Name DedEye   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DedEye
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description PC Junkie
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2002, 12:39
Total Comments 274 (Amateur)
User ID 14820

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Rise of Flight Patched
1. Re: Rise of Flight Patched Jul 31, 2009, 11:03 DedEye

woot!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Rise of Flight Patched Jul 15, 2009, 08:38 DedEye

I typically do wait on all games Caveman, but flight sims are few and far between; couldn't help myself....

I hope you're right Qube, because parts of this sim are awesome.

1. Re: Rise of Flight Patched Jul 14, 2009, 19:14 DedEye

I bought this game and will need to see a lot more dev support before I fork out more coin for additional planes.

My impression after playing it over the weekend is that this is what became of the IL-2 mod Knights of the Sky, with a lot of features missing from IL-2.

The gem in this sim is the models, flight modelling, physics, and sound.

The interface is atrocious and counter-intuitive, the campaign is not exciting (I don't believe there is any perisistence here, just randomly generated missions), and the multiplayer, as far as I can tell, is coop missions only, so if you die you have to wait for everyone else to finish the mission; no respawns.

I've already paid a premium for an incomplete product. Finish it and then we'll talk about me forking over more dough.

News Comments > Free The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
11. Re: Free The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfal Jul 9, 2009, 19:16 DedEye

Daggerfall is the most expensive PC game I've played at $105 retail when it came out.

First thing it did when I ran it? Crashed. No doubt buggy as hell.

Once it was patched and stable it was incredible. One of the games I've played the longest.

News Comments > 2K HUGE Game Pack on Steam
4. Re: 2K HUGE Game Pack on Steam Jul 2, 2009, 19:04 DedEye

I enjoyed Freedom Force back in the day. There was a shitload of skins that the community made as well with all of your favourite superheroes, until the copyright lawyers shut that down  

News Comments > Mythic & BioWare Combine, Mark Jacobs Departs
34. Re: Mythic & BioWare Jun 24, 2009, 20:53 DedEye

All companies are motivated by money Einstein, that's the entire premise behind a business, to make money. Stop acting like making money is a crime.

Sorry, that's not what I meant to say.

Of course they're in it for the money, so am I, but at any price? I guess what I'm saying is there is a lack of ethics. I'm sure corporations love indentured servitude and sweatshops. If they had their way they'd still pay us in chits redeemable only at their own company store.

News Comments > Mythic & BioWare Combine, Mark Jacobs Departs
32. Re: Mythic & BioWare Jun 24, 2009, 19:12 DedEye

I have a friend who used to work at EA for a long time, and from what I can see there are definitely no changes for the better there. The hate for EA is well founded imo.

I (sadly) work for a multinational corporation and in my experience to date they're all the same; they are motivated by greed, they will use you until there's nothing left and then they will throw you away. No one is indisposable. They proclaim how great their services are and cover up all the fuck-ups and complaints in an attempt to hide them from the clients/customers. Masters of snake oil. Oh, and you better have a team of lawyers if you decide you want to leave.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Early Next Year
11. Re: Star Trek Online Early Next Year May 29, 2009, 18:59 DedEye

I checked out the gameplay and character creation trailers yesterday. I like the fact that you can basically create your own race. The fights look very cool.

I just can't help but remember SW Galaxies though

Please don't screw it up!!!!

News Comments > Gothic 3 Community Patch
10. Re: Gothic 3 Community Patch Mar 22, 2009, 21:19 DedEye

I bought this game when it first came out and maybe played 2 hours before I was going "ugh....."

I might have to reinstall it and check it out again. Looks very impressive indeed.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 20, 2009, 08:37 DedEye

...I've heard it's 30 per cent of the player base...

Why is this guy even getting air time?

Show me some hard numbers by someone who doesn't have so much to gain by fudging them.

News Comments > Starsiege TRIBES to Return
31. Re: Starsiege TRIBES to Return Mar 18, 2009, 19:06 DedEye

No other game to date has held my attention as long as Tribes did. BF1942 came close (if I include the pre-release wake island demo ;))

I had Voodoo card when T2 came out and was disappointed. U/G to nvidia (think it was geforce or geforce 2 at the time) and schwing!

I still fire it up once in awhile but there aren't too many base servers, which has always been my fave.

Good luck to the devs, I'd love to see it succeed.

News Comments > TF2 Scout Update
40. Re: TF2 Scout Update Feb 26, 2009, 08:43 DedEye

Sandman removes double jump

I see; thanks for the heads-up. (Clearly I haven't played the scout )

News Comments > TF2 Scout Update
36. Re: TF2 Scout Update Feb 25, 2009, 18:58 DedEye

I had no problem pickin' em off as a sniper.

Hint to new scouts out there: if you change direction while airborne it's a lot harder for a sniper to tell where you're going to be, and therefore lead you

Being on the receiving end a number of times, I felt the shotgun seemed more powerful.

News Comments > Games for Windows Boss Axed
25. Re: Games for Windows Boss Axed Jan 26, 2009, 15:29 DedEye

Can someone tell me what Games For Windows is supposed to do? I buy a TON of games, and I play a TON of games, and I'm still not sure what Games For Windows is. Is it a distribution system like Steam? Is it a multiplayer thing like Battle.net? Because as far as I can tell, it's just a logo on a box.

As far as I can tell from FO3 and GTA4 it tracks your achievements in the game, and in the case of GTA4, helps you track buddies; if they're online, which server they're on, etc. It also delivers patches/updates. Supposedly it will also be the vehicle by which downloadable content can be obtained, but I'm not aware of any being released yet. FO3 is supposed to have some available shortly. There's a "marketplace" similar to steam's store(?). Didn't really check it out, but didn't seem to be much there. There is a forum. I think that covers it

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Patch
52. Re: GTA IV Patch Jan 26, 2009, 09:26 DedEye

I like the game and really haven't had any issues with it until the latest patch which is causing some CTDs seemingly when I maximize the video memory use with the gfx options. Controls seem to be about the same as San Andreas PC, but I can't be entirely sure as it's been a while since I played SA. I don't have any complaints about the gfx, the gameplay is essentially the same, although it seems to be more story driven(?), not sure, only 30% through it. Multiplayer is a hoot.

Could it be better? Yes, but overall I'm having fun and glad I made the purchase

intel C2D, 2 gigs of RAM, 8800GTX 750Mb.

News Comments > ABIT Closing
19. Re: ABIT Closing Dec 19, 2008, 09:08 DedEye

I still have one of my BH6 and Celery 300As. At a time when P2 400s were selling for $1k + the celery was going for $250 and gave me the same FPS in Quake 2. Intel didn't make that mistake again sadly  

News Comments > Fallout 3 Sells Big
122. Re: Fallout 3 Sells Big Nov 7, 2008, 20:25 DedEye

So far enjoying it a lot; it's better than I thought it would be. Really kept a lot of the flava from the first 2 games. I've done the main quest to Rivet City, now checking out other areas, level 11. Seems darker with less humour. Not a bad thing. Very good immersion (for me anyway, ymmv). Seems to have tonnes of modding potential.

I'm wondering if I can do things like get married and pimp my wife, or sell my partner to slavers. I kind of doubt it.

I'm a little disappointed the number of skills were pared down. Definitely a lot easier than F1&2; I died a lot in those games. The only time I've died so far is misusing the mininukes. They should have made fast travel like the first 2, with a chance of a random encounter.

A key ring; hey, can I get one for Oblivion?

Inventory/merchant menus should be drop down, or icons across the top, so I don't have to "clickety-click-click-click" through the menus.

I've had only a couple crashes, on exit and fast travelling, none since the patch.....which was itself an interesting experience. Levitating objects, including a priest at a wedding in Rivet City (thought he was hanging at first lol). The physics are interesting...sometimes comical, sometimes disturbingly realistic, although I believe inadvertently in this respect.

We'll see how it plays out

News Comments > Fallout 3 DRM Follow-up
13. Re: Fallout 3 DRM Follow-up Oct 31, 2008, 09:07 DedEye

I have Nero installed and no lock ups either. About 10 hours of game play so far.

The only crash I get is if I exit the game without exiting to the main menu first. Just like Oblivion.

I'm using a SB Audigy, quite old and of course Creative hasn't issued new drivers in eons. Oh, WinXP.

So far enjoying the hell out of it.

News Comments > Far Cry 2: Lose A Buddy, Lose Content
33. Re: People are gonna complain... Sep 6, 2008, 10:59 DedEye

Superfly Johnson

News Comments > Fallout 3 Q&A
12. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2008, 11:53 DedEye

I didn't find it biased at all; the guy answered the questions that were asked. Every comment he made about animations, AI, etc. was exactly my experience with Oblivion. Every NPC in Oblivion walks around like they have titanium rods stuck up their collective butts. That is not bias, that is fact, same with the brain dead AI.

How sad that such an amazing opportunity is being squandered.

I think this also illustrates the failings of North American corporate culture. It's not what you know or how competent you are, it's who you know and how well you suck up to the management above you. That's why we sit here scratching our heads wondering who the hell made these decisions.

274 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo