Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3897 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
46. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 26, 2011, 09:25 Overon

Persistent online connection is one thing that if I was desperate to play this I would. However Games for Windows Live is too horrible to bear for me. No sale.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Nears
22. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Nears May 25, 2011, 17:04 Overon

The game does have some console like design decisions for sure.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Nears
17. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Nears May 25, 2011, 15:00 Overon

I think it's safe to say they released this game sooner than they should have. That being said developers don't release games unless publisher pushes them or there are some financial contractual reasons to do so.

I'm also fairly sure they will have a Witcher 2: Enhanced edition just like they had one for Witcher 1: Enhanced edition that fixes some of the design decisions and poor implementation issues that Descender mentioned in the first post here.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Wargear DLC Preview
4. Re: Dawn of War II Wargear DLC Preview May 24, 2011, 07:05 Overon

I am hugely disappointed in Relic, specifically Dawn of War 2 Retribution. I was excited to get a campaign for each race, I should have realized that each one was going to be nearly identical. Each one is a cookie cutter and big disappointment. No wonder it costs 30 bucks.

In addition they realized that they can just spinoff their Last Stand gametype and charge for DLC and this will become a constant revenue stream. This is being shamelessly milked and I feel scorned. And now this DLC is paid for, for a few war game items. Which is a slap in the face.

They have lost me. I love the universe but I still like to think I get value for my money.

News Comments > Chucky Game This Fall
9. Re: Chucky Game This Fall May 23, 2011, 21:25 Overon

It was lame then and it's lame now.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2011, 19:48 Overon

Squirrels are capable and resourceful problem solvers and there is a huge body of evidence that attests to this. I don't think there is a squirrel proof bird feeder yet invented, merely squirrel resistant bird feeders. You may have a squirrel resistant bird feeder.

However, the more difficult you make it for the squirrel, the more difficult you make it for birds as well.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
56. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 19:40 Overon

The official witcher 1 and 2 forums are down. But people are posting to the news posts in the community section of the witcher site. The actual producer of the witcher series is actually apologizing to individual people when they post their problems. I have not seen so many actual posts by a producer no less apologizing. Wow.

What I have been able to learn is that CD Project Red contracted with some 3rd party for the DLC downloads. And they aren't working well for anyone. They say in the future they will do it in-house so they have more control. And it really is true that you can get the pirated DLC and install it without problems but if you are a legitimate customer the DLC is a major problem for so many. I really think these guys were unprepared for the numbers of games sold that they are seeing and they feel really bad about it. I hope they learn from their mistakes.

Also ATI may not have realized that they should have worked more closely with CD Project Red. This game is a major PC only release. If you are second in the market of PC gaming video cards, you can't drop opportunities like this. I know Nvidia has their logo in the game and ATI is working on a hotfix driver. But they really should do a better job of the crossfire support for new games BEFORE they come out. Not that I have a crossfire setup, I'm just saying. Apparently this driver will not only add crossfire support but also better compatibility for single cards as well. Of course Nvidia's SLI has the same problem of extremely poor performance, less FPS than with a single card.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2011, 07:07.

24. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 23:51 Overon

born2expire wrote on May 19, 2011, 23:38:
Overon wrote on May 19, 2011, 23:31:
Twitter posting by ATI about Witcher 2 hotfix driver including crossfire support:
http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator

ATI needs to be on the ball more with developers. However, Witcher 2 has the Nvidia's "The way it's meant to be played" logo. But still.

Agreed, I'm super disappointed with these cards, the drivers are junk (every new game i've tried on them i've had issues) and they are so damn loud, gaming with headphones is a must.

I should have went with SLi'ed 570's instead. Live and learn I guess.
I don't agree with you. I'm not disappointed with my single 5850 at all. I don't have any issues in Witcher 2 that I can see. I don't think the drivers are junk and my card is not loud at all.

22. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 23:44 Overon

They don't have true 16:10 support. There are black bars. They don't have true 4:3 support either. They let you select 16:10 and 4:3 resolutions, but those resolutios aren't really taking up the entire screen like they are supposed to. Everything is really geared toward 16:9.

Also the fact that the control and graphics configuration is all outside of the game and the lack of a quickload function, kind of leave a bad console taste in my mouth. That's how console ports do things. It simply is a lot quicker to create an external program that just edits ini files quick and dirty, rather incorporating it into the game with nice graphics and nice menus.

The other quibble is that you have to be angled just right a lot of the time to search something or put out a torch or light a torch and it's needlessly difficult sometimes.

However these are pretty minor quibbles. But still should be mentioned in fairness. Otherwise the game is the cream of the crop.

P.S. Why the hell did they change Kingslayers voice from the videos that were released? The voice in the videos fit his look a lot better than this voice in the US version.

19. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 23:31 Overon

Twitter posting by ATI about Witcher 2 hotfix driver including crossfire support:
http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator

ATI needs to be on the ball more with developers. However, Witcher 2 has the Nvidia's "The way it's meant to be played" logo. But still.

I think we are reminded that it's best to wait before playing a game until there are patches so you don't have to deal with frustration. Play something else in the meantime.

18. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 19, 2011, 23:25 Overon

GinRummy wrote on May 19, 2011, 22:09:
I'm apparently old school; I just CAN'T play an FPS view game without mouse inversion. I guess it's whatever you get used to. The standard a long time ago was what is now inverted, so newer gamers prefer the non-"flight control" style.
I used to be an inverted FPS player. But after a few years I realized that I had to switch and unlearn that because it's a bad habit to get into I realized. I don't use inverted mouse on the desktop, why should I use it for fps?

It was HELL trying to unlearn the inverted mouse controls it took a while but I did it. It's the gaming of equivalent of kicking a bad habit like smoking. Well okay, I might be overstating it a bit.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2011, 23:30.

News Comments > Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No
105. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 19, 2011, 14:39 Overon

Punisher wrote on May 18, 2011, 22:49:
BTW, I have to admire the courage of all of you who have come out in this thread...
You can't even imagine the idea that heterosexuals would defend homosexuals and their rights, that is why you think people who defend them are "coming out." Unbelievable.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2011, 23:56.

102. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 22:28 Overon

Bhruic wrote on May 18, 2011, 19:46:
I really don't understand the drama over this. I have yet to read an article stating that Bioware is going to be forcing anyone to have a homosexual relationship. If such a relationship bothers you, offends you, sickens you, or whatever, just don't choose to have one. Problem solved.

For the rest of us, it gives us more options in a game genre that is all about personal choices. So it seems like a win-win.

Unless you are just looking for something to bitch about.
Or you are an ignorant bigot and evidence and reason cannot reach you.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Witcher 2
56. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Witcher 2 May 18, 2011, 19:35 Overon

Jerykk wrote on May 18, 2011, 05:25:
Bah. You can't hotkey specific weapons and spells. I knew the radial menu would result in fewer hotkeys.
In video and language settings in the launcher you can set hotkeys for specific spells and other hotkeys.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2011, 00:09.

98. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 16:44 Overon

Punisher wrote on May 18, 2011, 14:15:
In today’s politically correct society most heterosexuals are afraid to offer their honest opinion without being branded a homophobe.
The truth is, most straight men, even those who have gay friends or family, are physically sickened by the thought of gay sex. We see it as a perversion similar to bestiality or S&M. Personally, I have no problem with it unless it is in my face, whether that be on TV, videogames, or in those raunchy gay pride parades (many of whom would be arrested if they were straight). BTW, I used to live near San Francisco, and you’d be surprised how many closet conservatives there are there.

You don't understand. Just because you find something disgusting or the majority of people do, does not mean that it should be outlawed or hindered or whatever. Just because I find your opinion disgusting and ignorant does not mean that you should be barred from expressing it. You see how that's a two way street?

This comment was edited on May 18, 2011, 16:51.

97. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 18, 2011, 16:36 Overon

Windsinger wrote on May 18, 2011, 13:23:
Sorry but "marriage" is between a man and a woman. Not two perverts. Guess next we will be seeing pedophiles parade for rights.

At any rate, not supporting Bioware anymore with my hard earned cash if they are going to cater to the lowest common denominator of society (though I admit there were reasons to ditch Bioware previously that have nothing to do with "gays").
Sex between two consenting adults is exactly like sex between an adult and child. Obviously. Great false equivocation you've got there.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2011, 16:50.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Minerva's Den This Month
7. Re: BioShock 2 Minerva's Den This Month May 18, 2011, 16:32 Overon

Better late than never. It will help to take the bad taste out of people's mouths for this game on PC.  

83. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 17:34 Overon

Punisher wrote on May 16, 2011, 23:43:
Will anyone outside San Francisco buy Mass Effect 3 because of gay characters? Really? Ok, maybe a few wingnuts.

However, will the hype over gay characters turn off many heterosexuals? Possibly... probably not worth the risk.

While I'm not a homophobe, I almost skipped the wonderful GTA4 Gay Tony expansion because of the name.

You kind of sound like one though.

82. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 17, 2011, 17:27 Overon

were i come from gay people have fought for there right to get married , now they can , but nono , : Its not good enough , now they demand to get married in a church , and so they just keep going on
Oh please. Who wants to be married at a church who teaches that gay people are going to hell to be tortured forever? Yeah gay people really want to be married somewhere they are despised. Think about it for 5 seconds. Do you want to go somewhere you are despised? Didn't think so. Why would you think that gay people do? Rational thought isn't your forte.

58. Re: Gay Character Plans: ME3 Yes, DNF No May 16, 2011, 21:49 Overon

PropheT wrote on May 16, 2011, 21:18:
The Advocate wrote on May 16, 2011, 21:05:
I guess I'm confused.

Can someone please explain to me what all the hullabaloo is about?

I was kind of wondering the same thing, especially since every Bioware game in recent memory has allowed for this, but it seems like aside from a couple of people everyone is just talking at length and mostly agreeing that there's not much reason to argue anyway

In a market place of ideas, people can spout their bigotry. And bigotry can be opposed by others, even on the Internet on forums like this one.

3897 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo