Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3868 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 2 DLC Will Be Free, Combat Trailer
28. Re: The Witcher 2 DLC Will Be Free, Combat Trailer May 14, 2011, 13:15 Overon

Dev wrote on May 14, 2011, 12:15:
As I recall, GoG purchases also have NO drm.
GOG purchases have no DRM that is correct.
Let me add one extra bit of information. Don't forget that GOG is not longer using geolocation to determine which game they will give you.
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/05/witcher-2-modified-for-australian-ma15-release/
So if you live in some place where the game is censored, buying from GOG not only means that CD Projekt gets the most money out of the purchase, but you can say you are located in a country that is not subject to your stupid censorship.

Live in Australia, don't want any censorship bullshit? In your GOG account select another country where it's not censored. Problem solved and all legal.

Fuck game censorship and fuck nitwit prudish politicians and all the thought police whack jobs who vote for them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: The Witcher 2 DLC Will Be Free, Combat Trailer May 13, 2011, 23:49 Overon

dubfanatic wrote on May 13, 2011, 23:07:
Overon wrote on May 13, 2011, 21:36:
Some of you young'uns may not know that in the past all PC game after sale content was FREE.

What about expansion packs?
Was not free before and is not free now. I should have been more specific. I did not mean expansion packs.

2. Re: The Witcher 2 DLC Will Be Free, Combat Trailer May 13, 2011, 21:36 Overon

Some of you young'uns may not know that in the past all PC game after sale content was FREE. This was before the term DLC was even invented. You young'uns are paying for stuff that used to be free.

Everything that CD Projekt does as if they were reading my thoughts and desires. These guys have earned my love. These guys are showing everyone what old school PC gamer love was all about.

They have earned my gratitude and I am a loyal customer for life.

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Delayed Again
10. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Delayed Again May 13, 2011, 20:52 Overon

Prez wrote on May 13, 2011, 19:18:
3rd Person? Pass.
It's ubisoft, they may make it 2nd person.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Preloads
23. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 14:13 Overon

I got an email with a link that let me download my bonus game.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Preloads
11. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads May 12, 2011, 06:57 Overon

The Witcher made me interested in the English translated books which I have now read an eagerly anticipate more.

Everything CD Projekt has done has been PC gaming friendly. I don't feel bad about buying from them. They have created a lot of goodwill.

I created an account on GOG and preloaded the game. CD Projekt makes the most money when you buy it on GOG. And it's DRM free and you get a bunch of goodies.

The one thing I wish they allowed is the manual and guide and the other stuff was available right after paying. I would like to read the manual and maybe look at that extra stuff but unfortunately it unlocks at the same day as the game.

News Comments > No Fable III Windows Demo
12. Re: No Fable III Windows Demo May 11, 2011, 18:26 Overon

The XBox game sucked and this will suck too. You won't be able to tell how much it sucks until you read the reviews since you can't play the demo.  

News Comments > Steam and YouTube
19. Re: Steam and YouTube May 9, 2011, 17:47 Overon

So what steam games support recording and how do you do it?  

News Comments > SOE Security Update
4. Re: SOE Security Update May 2, 2011, 22:13 Overon

So this is the 2nd compromise?  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming
2. Re: Assassin's Creed Reveal Coming Apr 29, 2011, 21:24 Overon

Pathetic.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed
3. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Delayed Apr 27, 2011, 19:57 Overon

If a game gets delayed a few times like this, I think it's most probable that the publisher is not happy with the quality of it. I could be wrong though of course.  

News Comments > Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
39. Re: Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Apr 27, 2011, 16:09 Overon

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 15:55:
By the way is this game out already? Got some friends playing it right now, and no they are not pirates, they are game devs, so I doubt they would pirate the game.
The game has gone gold, it's not out officially.

34. Re: Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Apr 27, 2011, 15:42 Overon

GTA4 was awful, ridiculously overrated. Rockstar doesn't get my money until they release a real PC game again.
Unfortunately they have seen where the boatloads of money lie and that's on the console. So making a PC designed game is unlikely.

32. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Apr 27, 2011, 15:04 Overon

Now youíre trying to mix apple with oranges, back then that was the standard of RPG gaming. Again, I didnít hate this game; I just didnít care for the mouse combat the way its setup. it always felt awkward and as Verno said, you really didnít feel that you had any control over it. These guys did an amazing job with the original aurora engine, so I am curious how this new game will be but Iím dreading that the combat will be the same. I will be waiting on this for one to come down in price before I try it.
I didn't mean to accuse you of being a hypocrite. I hate and continue to hate the Diablo style click fest with potion and mana hotkeys. It's extremely boring. The loot drops is much of the reason why people played this game. It's very much like playing a slot machine. Boring but the excitement is whether you win anything after pulling the arm or clicking the button.

25. Re: Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Apr 27, 2011, 14:29 Overon

is it related to witcher 1 story?what i mean is can you bring your save games from the first game?
Yes. Your save games and decisions made will have an effect if imported into Witcher 2.

23. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Apr 27, 2011, 13:55 Overon

Never said I didnít like the game, I said I hated the mouse combat the way it is, to much click click click to get it working.
Did you hate the click click click of the Diablo series?

22. Re: Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Apr 27, 2011, 13:54 Overon

This is the second game in like 10 years that I have preordered. I love the character. I love the universe. I loved The Witcher game so much I read the books that have been translated into English.  

20. Re: Gold - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Apr 27, 2011, 13:43 Overon

InBlack wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 10:57:
I might give this a go since if the new combat system is better than the old one. That was my worst problem with the original game, apart from the fact that you are Gerald.
It's Geralt not Gerald you worm! :0

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Video Diary
6. Re: The Witcher 2 Video Diary Apr 22, 2011, 18:18 Overon

The loading times were insane when the game came out. When you entered a house it was a long loading screen and when you exited the house there was another long loading screen. It made you want to explore houses because of it.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2011, 18:23.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Video Diary
1. Re: The Witcher 2 Video Diary Apr 22, 2011, 10:52 Overon

Lots of good information in this one.  

3868 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo