Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3882 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine E3 Trailer
10. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine E3 Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 22:28 Overon

PUT ON SOME GOD DAMN HELMETS FOR FUCK'S SAKE. In the fiction, space marines wear helmets. Not just for the protection, but for the tactical advantage of the "autosenses" and imaging enhancement displays in the helmet. They aren't stupid like the COGs in Gears of War.

And they use cover, especially the Ultramarines, they fight more tactically.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2011, 22:34.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey 2 Trailer
23. Re: Prey 2 Trailer Jun 5, 2011, 12:17 Overon

It always drives me nuts when trailers like this portray one guy who is so powerful everyone else around him shoots at him and they look like they are firing blanks and are totally inept. Aren't these guys part of an organization of criminals? Why would they be hired if they are so inept and how would they get into criminal prominence if they are just cannon fodder?

This reminds me of the prequel star war scene where Anakin is jumping out of windows and onto "air cars". It stretches my suspension of disbelief.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch
38. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Jun 4, 2011, 17:25 Overon

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 4, 2011, 07:29:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 23:59:
Elderon see here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1896631

That's a whole lot of nitpicking. While I agree with some of the complaints, they aren't enough to ruin the game.

What the FUCK happened to the PC community. I'm downright a-fucking-shamed when I read these complaints. ANY game -- no, seriously.. ANY! -- can have a list of complaints like these. What are (pc?) gamers a bunch of nitpicking assholes.

Jesus Christ.....
Eldaron some of those are legit. If you have a quest item, and the game uses that quest item to craft a potion, then you've broken a quest. That's one off the top of the head. I would agree with you that some of those complaints are minor.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
26. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 4, 2011, 17:20 Overon

Well what one say about this? I guess you can't tell what the game progression looks like and what the story is. Also I hope they have proper PC support:
graphics settings
configurable controls

28. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Jun 3, 2011, 22:13 Overon

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 21:57:
Slashman wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 20:46:
Ahhh...

And this is why I don't mind waiting a couple more months to make my purchase.

I'd say 2 or three more patches should hit the sweet spot. Pleased

What spot, really? Seriously, I wanna know what the hell you guys are really talking about.

I'm not a fanboy (I think). I'm just having no idea what the hell are the issues that breaks this game and not making it worth the 49 bucks you should pay for it...
Elderon see here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1896631

24. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Jun 3, 2011, 19:18 Overon

Maybe CDProject read is working a special delta patch for the steam version. Cause like I said, last patch was 9GB for steam users.  

20. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Jun 3, 2011, 18:22 Overon

I'm confused, I launched the Witcher 2 launcher and it downloaded patch but the launcher is just sitting there saying "Patcher_1.2 is ready to be installed."

My question is how do install it.

P.S. The 1.1 patch for witcher 2 required steam users to download 9 GB right? How big is this patch for steam users?

P.P.S I hate it when developers assume that everyone runs everything with administrator rights! Some of us are security conscious and we don't run our regular accounts with administrator rights! Just like the first patch, you have to run the Launcher or if you downloaded the patch manually outside of the launcher, you have to run the launcher or manual patch with administrator rights! The damn patching process should prompt you for administrator rights like UAC prompt is designed to do!

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2011, 18:29.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
46. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 15:55 Overon

I'm surprised that no one has brought this up in this thread yet:

Is this another Daikatana?

News Comments > EA's Online Service
20. Re: EA's Online Service Jun 3, 2011, 15:44 Overon

The only reason I see anyone downloading the Origin client is if it's the only way to get certain games. Or if they drop the price of a game on their service compared to everyone else. But both things are highly doubtful. I bet they only have differences in preorder DLC.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
35. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 3, 2011, 14:20 Overon

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 14:06:
Stolk wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 13:50:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 13:03:
I would maybe pay $5. Maybe. But, I'm not disappointed. In fact, I feel vindicated. I've been saying all along that it's been in development so long that there is no way it can ever live up to its own legacy.

It doesn't take rocket surgery to figure that one out, but go ahead, pat yourself on the back.

It was fun. Definitely simplistic and feels like an old game, but fun. I don't require all the games I play to feel modern or require 32 cameras to generate facial animation.

Well, I hope busting my balls made your pitiful little existence just a tiny bit brighter. Now get out of my sight, cockroach.
Don't malign the cockroach bub. They are amazing creatures. Read about them and you will agree.

9. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Jun 3, 2011, 13:49 Overon

Does this patch have the fullscreen 16:10 aspect ratio fixed? There are black bars on the top and bottom of the screen because of the lack of support for fullscreen 16:10 aspect ratios.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced
35. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Announced Jun 2, 2011, 10:26 Overon

If there is no running over people, resulting in blood and gore and lack of political sensitivity, then it's not carmageddon.  

News Comments > Playable Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City
7. Re: Playable Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City Jun 2, 2011, 09:58 Overon

Batman Arkham Asylum was by far the best console port I have played in years.

I even got an xbox360 controller for it even though mouse and keyboard was just fine. I loved it.

News Comments > Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed
64. Re: Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed May 31, 2011, 16:26 Overon

I predict a overon 150 post thread on this.  

News Comments > DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"
7. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 16:19 Overon

I enjoyed Cryis 2 as well even though there were some invisible walls and some consolitis elements in it. But I used Wasdi's utility:
http://wasdie.blogspot.com/2011/03/crysis-2-advanced-graphics-options-17.html

This utility reduced a lot of the consolitis problems.

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
27. Re: Sound Core3D Announced May 31, 2011, 16:09 Overon

For the vast majority of end users, even gamers, an onboard sound card is plenty. You really have to have some good quality speakers and headphones to even tell the difference.

Unless of course you happen to have some kind of noise hissing and popping issues, but those can and do occur on addon soundcards as well as onboard soundcards.

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
24. Re: Sound Core3D Announced May 31, 2011, 15:41 Overon

Verno wrote on May 31, 2011, 11:15:
Creative may not be Satan but they sure as hell can't write a driver worth a damn.
Even Satan isn't Satan.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed
51. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 27, 2011, 11:48 Overon

Mercenar wrote on May 27, 2011, 11:44:
The six DLC I speak of are here :

http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/merchant.exe
http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/roche_jacket.exe
http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/magical_suit.exe
http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/swordsman_suit.exe
http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/dlc_finishers.exe
http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/alchemy_suit.exe

After installing all of these (you must first install 1.1 patch), you load your save, and you get messages that you collected a list of stuff, these are the DLC items, right in your bag !

The mysterious merchant is in the first city after the prologue, and you can buy a replacement silver sword for 200 orins, easy money !
Can you link to the source of those links? I mean where do these links come from? Are they are the witcher site?

49. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 27, 2011, 10:06 Overon

Mercenar wrote on May 27, 2011, 06:59:
The DRM was removed by the latest patch for the witcher 1 also.

Now DRM removed in the FIRST patch for witcher 2 ? Whoohoo !

And for your info guys, if you go to the community page of the game, you can access 6 other FREE DLC for the game, other than the Troll DLC included in the patch 1.1.

These DLC adds a merchant, a magical armor with a nice black hood for your head, some potions, and stuff.
Where and how do I get this DLC?

48. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 27, 2011, 10:02 Overon

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 26, 2011, 22:43:
Overon wrote on May 26, 2011, 20:22:
Yes I found the same thread. That me replying in that thread. I turned off the real time protection on Microsoft Security Essentials and it still gives me the same error.

Also if I am to put patcher_gog.exe into an exclusion list which exclusion list do I put it into?
Delete any existing DLC you have. Especially the troll.dlc/troll.dzip file. That should allow you to patch. The patcher checks all DLC, if it finds another version(or the corrupt one with bad CRC) the patcher will fail to install the update.
I already looked for troll.dlc and troll.dzip and deleted them. The problem continues. I sent an email to gog support about it.

3882 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo