Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3870 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Playable Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City
7. Re: Playable Catwoman in Batman: Arkham City Jun 2, 2011, 09:58 Overon

Batman Arkham Asylum was by far the best console port I have played in years.

I even got an xbox360 controller for it even though mouse and keyboard was just fine. I loved it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed
64. Re: Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed May 31, 2011, 16:26 Overon

I predict a overon 150 post thread on this.  

News Comments > DirectX 11 Crysis 2 "Very Very Soon"
7. Re: DirectX 11 Crysis 2 May 31, 2011, 16:19 Overon

I enjoyed Cryis 2 as well even though there were some invisible walls and some consolitis elements in it. But I used Wasdi's utility:
http://wasdie.blogspot.com/2011/03/crysis-2-advanced-graphics-options-17.html

This utility reduced a lot of the consolitis problems.

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
27. Re: Sound Core3D Announced May 31, 2011, 16:09 Overon

For the vast majority of end users, even gamers, an onboard sound card is plenty. You really have to have some good quality speakers and headphones to even tell the difference.

Unless of course you happen to have some kind of noise hissing and popping issues, but those can and do occur on addon soundcards as well as onboard soundcards.

News Comments > Sound Core3D Announced
24. Re: Sound Core3D Announced May 31, 2011, 15:41 Overon

Verno wrote on May 31, 2011, 11:15:
Creative may not be Satan but they sure as hell can't write a driver worth a damn.
Even Satan isn't Satan.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed
51. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 27, 2011, 11:48 Overon

Mercenar wrote on May 27, 2011, 11:44:
The six DLC I speak of are here :

http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/merchant.exe
http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/roche_jacket.exe
http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/magical_suit.exe
http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/swordsman_suit.exe
http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/dlc_finishers.exe
http://wpc.420c.edgecastcdn.net/00420C/files/InstalDLC/alchemy_suit.exe

After installing all of these (you must first install 1.1 patch), you load your save, and you get messages that you collected a list of stuff, these are the DLC items, right in your bag !

The mysterious merchant is in the first city after the prologue, and you can buy a replacement silver sword for 200 orins, easy money !
Can you link to the source of those links? I mean where do these links come from? Are they are the witcher site?

49. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 27, 2011, 10:06 Overon

Mercenar wrote on May 27, 2011, 06:59:
The DRM was removed by the latest patch for the witcher 1 also.

Now DRM removed in the FIRST patch for witcher 2 ? Whoohoo !

And for your info guys, if you go to the community page of the game, you can access 6 other FREE DLC for the game, other than the Troll DLC included in the patch 1.1.

These DLC adds a merchant, a magical armor with a nice black hood for your head, some potions, and stuff.
Where and how do I get this DLC?

48. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 27, 2011, 10:02 Overon

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 26, 2011, 22:43:
Overon wrote on May 26, 2011, 20:22:
Yes I found the same thread. That me replying in that thread. I turned off the real time protection on Microsoft Security Essentials and it still gives me the same error.

Also if I am to put patcher_gog.exe into an exclusion list which exclusion list do I put it into?
Delete any existing DLC you have. Especially the troll.dlc/troll.dzip file. That should allow you to patch. The patcher checks all DLC, if it finds another version(or the corrupt one with bad CRC) the patcher will fail to install the update.
I already looked for troll.dlc and troll.dzip and deleted them. The problem continues. I sent an email to gog support about it.

29. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 26, 2011, 20:22 Overon

AdamK47 wrote on May 26, 2011, 20:20:
Overon wrote on May 26, 2011, 20:12:
I have the GOG version. When I download the patch and extract it and run patcher_gog.exe with administrator rights I get a Critical Error which says:
"Cannot open launcher process."
Win 7 SP1 64 bit.

I didn't have that problem, but I found the solution for you through a search.

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher_2/patch_1_1_error_cannot_open_launcher_process

Yes I found the same thread. That me replying in that thread. I turned off the real time protection on Microsoft Security Essentials and it still gives me the same error.

Also if I am to put patcher_gog.exe into an exclusion list which exclusion list do I put it into?

28. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 26, 2011, 20:22 Overon

25. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 26, 2011, 20:12 Overon

I have the GOG version. When I download the patch and extract it and run patcher_gog.exe with administrator rights I get a Critical Error which says:
"Cannot open launcher process."
Win 7 SP1 64 bit.

1. Re: The Witcher 2 Patched, DRM Removed May 26, 2011, 17:22 Overon

Wow removed drm a week after release? Damn that was unexpected.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Delayed
23. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Delayed May 26, 2011, 15:52 Overon

I think it's pretty clear that the game was pushed out a little early because of contractual and finanicial reasons.

I'm sure there will be a Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition like for Witcher 1.

News Comments > SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM
46. Re: SSFIV AE Uses Always-On DRM May 26, 2011, 09:25 Overon

Persistent online connection is one thing that if I was desperate to play this I would. However Games for Windows Live is too horrible to bear for me. No sale.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Nears
22. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Nears May 25, 2011, 17:04 Overon

The game does have some console like design decisions for sure.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Nears
17. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Nears May 25, 2011, 15:00 Overon

I think it's safe to say they released this game sooner than they should have. That being said developers don't release games unless publisher pushes them or there are some financial contractual reasons to do so.

I'm also fairly sure they will have a Witcher 2: Enhanced edition just like they had one for Witcher 1: Enhanced edition that fixes some of the design decisions and poor implementation issues that Descender mentioned in the first post here.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Wargear DLC Preview
4. Re: Dawn of War II Wargear DLC Preview May 24, 2011, 07:05 Overon

I am hugely disappointed in Relic, specifically Dawn of War 2 Retribution. I was excited to get a campaign for each race, I should have realized that each one was going to be nearly identical. Each one is a cookie cutter and big disappointment. No wonder it costs 30 bucks.

In addition they realized that they can just spinoff their Last Stand gametype and charge for DLC and this will become a constant revenue stream. This is being shamelessly milked and I feel scorned. And now this DLC is paid for, for a few war game items. Which is a slap in the face.

They have lost me. I love the universe but I still like to think I get value for my money.

News Comments > Chucky Game This Fall
9. Re: Chucky Game This Fall May 23, 2011, 21:25 Overon

It was lame then and it's lame now.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2011, 19:48 Overon

Squirrels are capable and resourceful problem solvers and there is a huge body of evidence that attests to this. I don't think there is a squirrel proof bird feeder yet invented, merely squirrel resistant bird feeders. You may have a squirrel resistant bird feeder.

However, the more difficult you make it for the squirrel, the more difficult you make it for birds as well.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week
56. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Next Week May 20, 2011, 19:40 Overon

The official witcher 1 and 2 forums are down. But people are posting to the news posts in the community section of the witcher site. The actual producer of the witcher series is actually apologizing to individual people when they post their problems. I have not seen so many actual posts by a producer no less apologizing. Wow.

What I have been able to learn is that CD Project Red contracted with some 3rd party for the DLC downloads. And they aren't working well for anyone. They say in the future they will do it in-house so they have more control. And it really is true that you can get the pirated DLC and install it without problems but if you are a legitimate customer the DLC is a major problem for so many. I really think these guys were unprepared for the numbers of games sold that they are seeing and they feel really bad about it. I hope they learn from their mistakes.

Also ATI may not have realized that they should have worked more closely with CD Project Red. This game is a major PC only release. If you are second in the market of PC gaming video cards, you can't drop opportunities like this. I know Nvidia has their logo in the game and ATI is working on a hotfix driver. But they really should do a better job of the crossfire support for new games BEFORE they come out. Not that I have a crossfire setup, I'm just saying. Apparently this driver will not only add crossfire support but also better compatibility for single cards as well. Of course Nvidia's SLI has the same problem of extremely poor performance, less FPS than with a single card.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2011, 07:07.

3870 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo