Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3898 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Homefront 2 Confirmed
30. Re: Homefront 2 Confirmed Jun 14, 2011, 15:41 Overon

This thread has flown of the rails into politics.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 15:38 Overon

Sometimes some people have lower standards compared to others.

If ths boring predictable game was one of the few FPS I have ever played I would also say it's pretty good simply because I have nothing to compare it to.

When you compare this game to other FPS in the last 5 years, it falls short big time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 15:05 Overon

This game is an embarassment to all the companies that have their name plastered on it.

The level design is too simplistic with standard cooridor shooters from the early 2000's. The reviews reflect that fact.

The only positive thing I an see is that the graphics aren't to bad and there is some variety in the gameplay. Also the one liners are mildly amusing and more amusing the younger you are.

Overall the game is just lame and dumb. There is not much in it.

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns Chat Tonight
1. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Chat Tonight Jun 14, 2011, 10:10 Overon

The reviews are in on IGN and other sites (check metacritic) and the reviews are very disappointing. A shame, I was hoping for better.  

27. Re: Homefront 2 Confirmed Jun 14, 2011, 09:24 Overon

ICBM's travel through space. They just not supposed to go off until they're back on the ground. You know why nuclear weapons are illegal in space? Because they tried it once. Over the Pacific which for
No they go off over their target at altitutde so the energy is released over the target not into the ground.
Nuclear weapons are illegal in space because various treaties have been agreed upon making them a treaty violation.

21. Re: Homefront 2 Confirmed Jun 14, 2011, 07:13 Overon

A rational mind will believe anything as long as their good evidence for it...  

News Comments > Epic Hacked
15. Re: Epic Hacked Jun 11, 2011, 16:02 Overon

necrosis wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 14:15:
Is this a.... Epic Fail?

*puts on sunglasses*

No but it's "AN Epic Fail"

*puts on two pairs of sunglasses*

News Comments > Arma 2 Free Announced
19. Re: Arma 2 Free Announced Jun 10, 2011, 15:34 Overon

What does that no HD comment mean exactly?  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine E3 Trailer
16. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine E3 Trailer Jun 8, 2011, 23:50 Overon

Asmo wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 10:15:
Overon wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 22:55:
I couldn't tell which Chaos Space Marine legion was depicted in the video. BUT I DID SEE THEY FUCKING HAD THEIR HELMETS ON.

Maybe the Empire is facing budget cuts.

There seemed to be blood letters of Khorne so I'm going out on a limb and guessing World Eaters.
I was leaning toward World Eaters or Word Bearers myself. The guys least likely to wear helmets and they wear helmets. PUT ON YOUR FUCKING HELMET, DIDN'T GUILLIMAN PUT THAT IN THE DAMN CODEX?

News Comments > id on RAGE PC Controls
25. Re: id on RAGE PC Controls Jun 8, 2011, 23:43 Overon

Time will tell just how PC friendly Rage will be, otherwise there will be a lot of raging about Rage.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Update
10. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 23:41 Overon

I hope you are right, Hump. However I don't see how a console game can possibly be more of a sim given the lack of controls.  

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
16. Re: id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing Jun 8, 2011, 23:38 Overon

The only way anyone responds to my posts is if they are outrageous and black and white.

Would you all have responded to my post if I said:

id's engine are not nearly being as licensed as they were back in Quake and Quake 2 days? Which is more accurate than what I said in my previous post?

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 8, 2011, 21:46 Overon

Oh please. Sounds a tad disingenuous considering that the last time someone used their engine was early 2000's?

Nobody is licensing id tech.
2011: We never liked licensing our engines. Now we don't have to. We win.

Really?

P.S. I hope that Rage is good, up to current standards in story driven FPS. I hope id becomes relevant again.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Update
8. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 20:47 Overon

How likely are we to get a Mechwarrior game simulation instead of a first person shooter that is coming to a console? Not bloody likely. How can you have a simulation with a console controller?  

News Comments > Consoles Lead Skyrim Development
23. Re: Consoles Lead Skyrim Development Jun 8, 2011, 15:10 Overon

Blue really knows how to select the stories that inflame the PC fans.

In the videos for the game that I have seen and interviews, they brag about how they have over 100 dungeons. The problem with that is, you have 100 dungeons which are cookie cutter and unmemorable. Bethesda entire approach is quantity over quality. They probably have software that randoly constructs dungeons and fills them with enemies and items. You can't craft 100+ dungeons without one. This is why Bethesdas console centric are rpgs are blah.

After Oblivion, Bethesda is dead to me. They don't make RPG's that I like, but I'm sure they will make boatloads on the consoles anyway.

12. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine E3 Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 22:55 Overon

I couldn't tell which Chaos Space Marine legion was depicted in the video. BUT I DID SEE THEY FUCKING HAD THEIR HELMETS ON.

Maybe the Empire is facing budget cuts.

10. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine E3 Trailer Jun 7, 2011, 22:28 Overon

PUT ON SOME GOD DAMN HELMETS FOR FUCK'S SAKE. In the fiction, space marines wear helmets. Not just for the protection, but for the tactical advantage of the "autosenses" and imaging enhancement displays in the helmet. They aren't stupid like the COGs in Gears of War.

And they use cover, especially the Ultramarines, they fight more tactically.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 2011, 22:34.

News Comments > Prey 2 Trailer
23. Re: Prey 2 Trailer Jun 5, 2011, 12:17 Overon

It always drives me nuts when trailers like this portray one guy who is so powerful everyone else around him shoots at him and they look like they are firing blanks and are totally inept. Aren't these guys part of an organization of criminals? Why would they be hired if they are so inept and how would they get into criminal prominence if they are just cannon fodder?

This reminds me of the prequel star war scene where Anakin is jumping out of windows and onto "air cars". It stretches my suspension of disbelief.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Patch
38. Re: The Witcher 2 Patch Jun 4, 2011, 17:25 Overon

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 4, 2011, 07:29:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 3, 2011, 23:59:
Elderon see here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1896631

That's a whole lot of nitpicking. While I agree with some of the complaints, they aren't enough to ruin the game.

What the FUCK happened to the PC community. I'm downright a-fucking-shamed when I read these complaints. ANY game -- no, seriously.. ANY! -- can have a list of complaints like these. What are (pc?) gamers a bunch of nitpicking assholes.

Jesus Christ.....
Eldaron some of those are legit. If you have a quest item, and the game uses that quest item to craft a potion, then you've broken a quest. That's one off the top of the head. I would agree with you that some of those complaints are minor.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
26. Re: RAGE Trailer Jun 4, 2011, 17:20 Overon

Well what one say about this? I guess you can't tell what the game progression looks like and what the story is. Also I hope they have proper PC support:
graphics settings
configurable controls

3898 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo