Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3906 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
83. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 15:46 Overon

So we have a PR guy who said somnething that confirms what others have speculated on for a while. Games don't come free to those that upset people with their reviews.

Duke Nukem Forever is mediocre when compared to pretty much every first person shooter released in the last 5 years and PR spin is going to change that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

82. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 15:40 Overon

Topevoli wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 12:38:
In fairness, shooting a girl and making an abortion joke isn't going to go over well with anyone anywhere.

Let me quote the Seinfeld Chicken Roaster episode"

Seth: That's not going to be good for business.
Jerry: That's not going to be good for anybody
I loved that episode!

79. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 15:30 Overon

No there is nothing approaching the secret areas of Duke Nukem 3D.  

News Comments > 2K on DNF PR
7. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 15:29 Overon

Quick damage control.
This is sad. Another example where social media gets you in trouble. When you make a comment, someone somewhere can make a copy no matter how fast you take it down.

74. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 14:10 Overon

Stolk wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 10:40:
Trying to determine the quality of Duke Nukem Forever is like trying to determine the intelligence of a retarded child. I don't know how to come up with a score. I played for about 5 hours last night and had many negative feelings about things in the game, yet still somehow managed to have fun.
You give the supsected retarded child the same test you would give to someone who you suspect of not being retarded. Sheesh. You can say what you want because it's a free country but it's not cool to make your point with such comments. You can't fault someone for the way they were born, they had no say in it. They had no choice.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2011, 15:33.

70. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 13:56 Overon

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 10:06:
Apart from the dated visuals it really isn't better or worse than the pointless Medal of Dutyfield games (in singleplayer).

I love some of the comments that have been said about "If you don't like this game, you're clearly not old school", when Duke suddenly has a weapon limit and regenning health...

Don't forget the lack of secret areas.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
115. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 13:42 Overon

Some of you think that origins is competing with steam and that's good. But sorry to inform you, exclusivity is not competition. Competition is when everyone is selling the same or similar product. This is not the case. Competition is good for the consumer. This is not.

When steam has exclusive titles, that's not good for the consumer either. So I'm not being hypocritical here.

Death to exclusivity in digital distribution!

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2011, 13:53.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Alice: Madness Returns
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Alice: Madness Returns Jun 14, 2011, 21:41 Overon

Early reviews are very disappointing.

News Comments > Homefront 2 Confirmed
30. Re: Homefront 2 Confirmed Jun 14, 2011, 15:41 Overon

This thread has flown of the rails into politics.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 15:38 Overon

Sometimes some people have lower standards compared to others.

If ths boring predictable game was one of the few FPS I have ever played I would also say it's pretty good simply because I have nothing to compare it to.

When you compare this game to other FPS in the last 5 years, it falls short big time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 15:05 Overon

This game is an embarassment to all the companies that have their name plastered on it.

The level design is too simplistic with standard cooridor shooters from the early 2000's. The reviews reflect that fact.

The only positive thing I an see is that the graphics aren't to bad and there is some variety in the gameplay. Also the one liners are mildly amusing and more amusing the younger you are.

Overall the game is just lame and dumb. There is not much in it.

News Comments > Alice: Madness Returns Chat Tonight
1. Re: Alice: Madness Returns Chat Tonight Jun 14, 2011, 10:10 Overon

The reviews are in on IGN and other sites (check metacritic) and the reviews are very disappointing. A shame, I was hoping for better.  

27. Re: Homefront 2 Confirmed Jun 14, 2011, 09:24 Overon

ICBM's travel through space. They just not supposed to go off until they're back on the ground. You know why nuclear weapons are illegal in space? Because they tried it once. Over the Pacific which for
No they go off over their target at altitutde so the energy is released over the target not into the ground.
Nuclear weapons are illegal in space because various treaties have been agreed upon making them a treaty violation.

21. Re: Homefront 2 Confirmed Jun 14, 2011, 07:13 Overon

A rational mind will believe anything as long as their good evidence for it...  

News Comments > Epic Hacked
15. Re: Epic Hacked Jun 11, 2011, 16:02 Overon

necrosis wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 14:15:
Is this a.... Epic Fail?

*puts on sunglasses*

No but it's "AN Epic Fail"

*puts on two pairs of sunglasses*

News Comments > Arma 2 Free Announced
19. Re: Arma 2 Free Announced Jun 10, 2011, 15:34 Overon

What does that no HD comment mean exactly?  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine E3 Trailer
16. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine E3 Trailer Jun 8, 2011, 23:50 Overon

Asmo wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 10:15:
Overon wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 22:55:
I couldn't tell which Chaos Space Marine legion was depicted in the video. BUT I DID SEE THEY FUCKING HAD THEIR HELMETS ON.

Maybe the Empire is facing budget cuts.

There seemed to be blood letters of Khorne so I'm going out on a limb and guessing World Eaters.
I was leaning toward World Eaters or Word Bearers myself. The guys least likely to wear helmets and they wear helmets. PUT ON YOUR FUCKING HELMET, DIDN'T GUILLIMAN PUT THAT IN THE DAMN CODEX?

News Comments > id on RAGE PC Controls
25. Re: id on RAGE PC Controls Jun 8, 2011, 23:43 Overon

Time will tell just how PC friendly Rage will be, otherwise there will be a lot of raging about Rage.  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 Update
10. Re: MechWarrior 5 Update Jun 8, 2011, 23:41 Overon

I hope you are right, Hump. However I don't see how a console game can possibly be more of a sim given the lack of controls.  

News Comments > id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing
16. Re: id Happy to be Done with Engine Licensing Jun 8, 2011, 23:38 Overon

The only way anyone responds to my posts is if they are outrageous and black and white.

Would you all have responded to my post if I said:

id's engine are not nearly being as licensed as they were back in Quake and Quake 2 days? Which is more accurate than what I said in my previous post?

3906 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo